The lies about gen 6

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Matthew 22:29 Jesus answered and said unto them, Ye do err, not knowing the scriptures, nor the power of God. 30 For in the resurrection they neither marry, nor are given in marriage, but are as the angels of God in heaven.

Mark 12:24 And Jesus answering said unto them, Do ye not therefore err, because ye know not the scriptures, neither the power of God? 25 For when they shall rise from the dead, they neither marry, nor are given in marriage; but are as the angels which are in heaven.

That's a no. So I agree with Marty Fox.

Expressly the angels of God IN HEAVEN, do not marry.
Angels on Earth did take human wives, have offspring.
Angels on Earth who did take human wives....remained on Earth, as their “estate”. Ie they did not return to Heaven.

• Angry
Reactions: Keturah and RLT63

Cassandra

Sep 24, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Can you identify the book, chapt, verse please?
I have what Jesus said
“At the resurrection people will neither marry nor be given in marriage; they will be like the angels in heaven” (Matthew 22:30).

Reactions: Keturah

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I have what Jesus said
“At the resurrection people will neither marry nor be given in marriage; they will be like the angels in heaven” (Matthew 22:30).
Just like Adam and Eve before the fall.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No they can't Paul explains that below

1 Corinthians 15:40
There are also heavenly bodies and there are earthly bodies; but the splendor of the heavenly bodies is one kind, and the splendor of the earthly bodies is another.

Except that: Splendor has nothing to do with marrying or reproduction.

Reactions: RLT63

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't need it. This is supposed to be a discussion, not a yelling match.
I wasn't yelling, Cassandra. I asked a question. No "all caps" or anything to indicate yelling. And again....I wasn't even talking to you in that post.

Marty fox

Jun 1, 2021
Vancouver
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
That doesn't disprove anything. Again, if Seth was led of God, how did his seed populate the earth with nephilim giants?? It makes no sense whatsoever. That would also indicate that all men ("sons of God") were godly and all women ("daughters of men") were evil. And where were the sons of men and the daughters of God?? Lol By that logic, what kind of children would they produce? And why didn't God mention that? And why in the world wouldn't godly men (so-called" sons of God") marry the daughters of God?? Being led of God, that would be the obvious choice.

See post numbers 14 & 15

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Because many of his seed married the daughters of men--not all of them, for we see Noah and his wife. I don't recall anything about the sons of men and daughters of God mentioned in the Bible. Usu in the Bible the line comes through men.

Line of Seth Seth,Enosh,Kenan,Mahalalel,Jared,Enoch,Methuselah,Lamech,Noah
Those are satan's seed??

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
See post numbers 14 & 15
I already saw them. I am relying strictly on what scripture says without taking away or adding my own understanding. I won't argue with unreasonable people.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I have what Jesus said

Yes, I agree angels in heaven do not marry.
However the topic was about angels on earth, not in heaven.

Cassandra

Sep 24, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I wasn't yelling, Cassandra. I asked a question. No "all caps" or anything to indicate yelling. And again....I wasn't even talking to you in that post.
That post came right after mine mine #36, yours #37

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Because many of his seed married the daughters of men--not all of them, for we see Noah and his wife. I don't recall anything about the sons of men and daughters of God mentioned in the Bible. Usu in the Bible the line comes through men.
You specifically stated that the sons of God were men who were led by God. That line.of logic would mean that God led men to take ungodly women....if you're saying the daughters of men were ungodly. This makes absolutely no sense.

Reactions: RLT63

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That post came right after mine mine #36, yours #37
And yet, I quoted JP ....not you. Don't assume that just because my post came after yours that I was talking to you. I was talking to the person I quoted......period.

Cassandra

Sep 24, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And yet, I quoted JP ....not you. Don't assume that just because my post came after yours that I was talking to you. I was talking to the person I quoted......period.

I saw no quote in your post. I apologize . It may be that I have him on ignore.

Reactions: TLHKAJ

Cassandra

Sep 24, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You specifically stated that the sons of God were men who were led by God. That line.of logic would mean that God led men to take ungodly women....if you're saying the daughters of men were ungodly. This makes absolutely no sense.

There were many many who began with the Lord, and then started taking on wives of unbelievers, (Solomon for example) and look what happened.

It makes perfect sense to me.

Christ4Me

Jan 6, 2022
Pennsylvania / Hermitage
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Expressly the angels of God IN HEAVEN, do not marry.
Angels on Earth did take human wives, have offspring.
Angels on Earth who did take human wives....remained on Earth, as their “estate”. Ie they did not return to Heaven.

Are angels able to change themselves to reproduce once fallen from their first estate from Heaven? No. Only God can do that & He didn't.

If they were originally created to not marry nor given in marriage, then why would God do that for fallen angels?

Is not God the One that joins a man and a woman together as one flesh for that woman to be named a "wife" to that man?

Why would God, Who knows all things, help fallen angels to join with women in "holy matrimony" if their diabolical plot was to pollute the bloodlines of mankind to prevent the coming of the Christ child?

Once you recognize that God would never joined the "sons of God" with women unless they were of Israel's family blood line of Seth, to build families but doing so as outside of the godly lineage of Seth ( Like Isreal is not to marry outside the nation of Israel ), you will see that "fallen angels" would never be identified as the "sons of God" in scripture, let alone the women they marry be called "wives" to them for God would not join them together.

John 3:6 That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.

It is that first part I am referring to for why celestial beings cannot reproduce. Now note what happens after the reproduce.

Genesis 6:1 And it came to pass, when men began to multiply on the face of the earth, and daughters were born unto them, 2 That the sons of God saw the daughters of men that they were fair; and they took them wives of all which they chose. 3 And the Lord said, My spirit shall not always strive with man, for that he also is flesh: yet his days shall be an hundred and twenty years. 4 There were giants in the earth in those days; and also after that, when the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men, and they bare children to them, the same became mighty men which were of old, men of renown.

Still men. Not spirits or watchers like that fake Book of Enoch says.

Now note the real reason God flooded the world. It wasn't for the fallen angels trying to pollute the bloodlines but for another reason of man.

5 And God saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually. 6 And it repented the Lord that he had made man on the earth, and it grieved him at his heart. 7 And the Lord said, I will destroy man whom I have created from the face of the earth; both man, and beast, and the creeping thing, and the fowls of the air; for it repenteth me that I have made them. 8 But Noah found grace in the eyes of the Lord.

God reaffirms afterwards that is the main and only reason He sent the global flood.

Genesis 8:20 And Noah builded an altar unto the Lord; and took of every clean beast, and of every clean fowl, and offered burnt offerings on the altar. 21 And the Lord smelled a sweet savour; and the Lord said in his heart, I will not again curse the ground any more for man's sake; for the imagination of man's heart is evil from his youth; neither will I again smite any more every thing living, as I have done. 22 While the earth remaineth, seedtime and harvest, and cold and heat, and summer and winter, and day and night shall not cease.

Ask the Lord for wisdom to see the truth in His words rather than trying to fit that fake Book of Enoch into His words.

Reactions: Cassandra

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There were many many who began with the Lord, and then started taking on wives of unbelievers, (Solomon for example) and look what happened.

It makes perfect sense to me.
The sons of God in the OT were angels, and Adam (and Eve, if you get real technical about it). They were created directly by God. After that, there are no humans called sons of God until the NT when He gave us power to become sons of God through belief in Jesus Christ.

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Still men. Not spirits or watchers like that fake Book of Enoch says.
Angels are often called "men" in scripture.

Genesis 19:5,8
[5]And they called unto Lot, and said unto him, Where are the men which came in to thee this night? bring them out unto us, that we may know them.
[8]Behold now, I have two daughters which have not known man; let me, I pray you, bring them out unto you, and do ye to them as is good in your eyes: only unto these men do nothing; for therefore came they under the shadow of my roof.

Goodness, even Jesus was called a man. And yet we know, He is God.

Romans 5:15
[15]But not as the offence, so also is the free gift. For if through the offence of one many be dead, much more the grace of God, and the gift by grace, which is by one man, Jesus Christ, hath abounded unto many.

1 Timothy 2:5
[5]For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Are angels able to change themselves to reproduce once fallen from their first estate from Heaven? No.

Scripture does not say, angels have to change something to marry, or to reproduce. It says they do not marry in heaven.

Scriptural teaching about Angels, is they did/do have access to the Heavens and Earth. Angels that maintain their status “as a son of God”, remain holy.

Only God can do that & He didn't.

Uh, God does not reproduce.

If they were originally created to not marry nor given in marriage, then why would God do that for fallen angels?

Who said God did that for them? They did it for themselves....ie FREEWILL.

Once you recognize that God would never joined the "sons of God" with women unless they were of Israel's family blood line of Seth, to build families but doing so as outside of the godly lineage of Seth ( Like Isreal is not to marry outside the nation of Israel ), you will see that "fallen angels" would never be identified as the "sons of God" in scripture, let alone the women they marry be called "wives" to them for God would not join them together.

~ sons of God, are spirits that are lead by the Spirit of God ~
~ Angels are created....lead by the Spirit of God and can willfully fall away, without option to repent.
~ Earthly men are created....and can willfully repent and become spirit quickened and lead by the Spirit of God, and are Kept by the Power of God from falling away.

John 3:6 That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.

And? Can that which is born of the Spirit reproduce something born of the flesh? Yes, Human men can do that all day long.

It is that first part I am referring to for why celestial beings cannot reproduce.

That is an assumption.

Genesis 6:1 And it came to pass, when men began to multiply on the face of the earth, and daughters were born unto them, 2 That the sons of God saw the daughters of men that they were fair; and they took them wives of all which they chose. 3 And the Lord said, My spirit shall not always strive with man, for that he also is flesh:

“ALSO”....? What and What IS FLESH?

Ask the Lord for wisdom to see the truth in His words rather than trying to fit that fake Book of Enoch into His words.

That is a totally unnecessary and disingenuous accusation!
I have NOT ONCE, said, quoted, referenced a book called Enoch.

Wandering off on presumptions and accusations does not support your own claims or lend credence to your credibility.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Matthew 22:29 Jesus answered and said unto them, Ye do err, not knowing the scriptures, nor the power of God. 30 For in the resurrection they neither marry, nor are given in marriage, but are as the angels of God in heaven.

Mark 12:24 And Jesus answering said unto them, Do ye not therefore err, because ye know not the scriptures, neither the power of God? 25 For when they shall rise from the dead, they neither marry, nor are given in marriage; but are as the angels which are in heaven.

That's a no. So I agree with Marty Fox.

Sorry but that does not mean they could not have sex when they took on human form! All that means is that in heaven there is no sex!

Reactions: Taken
Status
Not open for further replies.