The lies about gen 6

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Prim

Sep 13, 2022
Brisbane
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Yes true they trusted what God said to Noah but doesn’t make them faithful when God decided to flood the earth. If the flood never happened would turned faithful?

The bible says four times that only Noah was faithful.
And God did close the arks door to a God rejecting world no one else passed through that door. It be God that gives faith to believe and act . Noah’s sons and wives acted on exactly that. The very reason they be in the boat : )

Marty fox

Jun 1, 2021
Vancouver
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The bible doesn't use the word only.

No but it shows it

Genesis 6:9 & 12
9 This is the account of Noah and his family.

Noah was a righteous man, blameless among the people of his time, and he walked faithfully with God.

12 God saw how corrupt the earth had become, for all the people on earth had corrupted their ways.

7:1
The Lord then said to Noah, “Go into the ark, you and your whole family, because I have found you righteous in this generation.

If other people were faithful then they would of not died in the flood.

Reactions: BeyondET

Marty fox

Jun 1, 2021
Vancouver
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
And God did close the arks door to a God rejecting world no one else passed through that door. It be God that gives faith to believe and act . Noah’s sons and wives acted on exactly that. The very reason they be in the boat : )

Yes they became faithful when they trusted God when He told Noah to build the ark.

Reactions: Prim

ewq1938

Jul 11, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Like you do with the antichrist?

Like I do not do.

Yes Hebrews does

Hebrews 11:7
7 By faith Noah, when warned about things not yet seen, in holy fear built an ark to save his family. By his faith he condemned the world and became heir of the righteousness that is in keeping with faith.

In the verse above it states that he was faithful it even uses the word faith twice.

You don't know the difference between the word faith and the word faithful? Is this what you think the verse is saying?

By faithful Noah, when warned about things not yet seen, in holy fear built an ark to save his family. By his faithful he condemned the world and became heir of the righteousness that is in keeping with faithful.

Not once does the bible say Noah was the only faithful person. He had faith in God, and was called righteous. That's it. Anything else is adding to scripture.

BeyondET

Jul 9, 2022
Hampton Roads
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No but it shows it

Genesis 6:9 & 12
9 This is the account of Noah and his family.

Noah was a righteous man, blameless among the people of his time, and he walked faithfully with God.

12 God saw how corrupt the earth had become, for all the people on earth had corrupted their ways.

The Lord then said to Noah, “Go into the ark, you and your whole family, because I have found you righteous in this generation.

If other people were faithful then they would of not died in the flood.
It is quite intriguing, mo there's meaningful depth in the account for sure.

Possibly the family had faith in Noah who was faithful, I would agree Noah had full faith in God none like him. I think it also shows God's mercy in a sense with Noah's family.

Reactions: Marty fox

Marty fox

Jun 1, 2021
Vancouver
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Like I do not do.

You don't know the difference between the word faith and the word faithful? Is this what you think the verse is saying?

By faithful Noah, when warned about things not yet seen, in holy fear built an ark to save his family. By his faithful he condemned the world and became heir of the righteousness that is in keeping with faithful.

Not once does the bible say Noah was the only faithful person. He had faith in God, and was called righteous. That's it. Anything else is adding to scripture.

I’ll ask again do you think that the antichrist is a character in revelation?

Being called righteous is the very definition of faithful. Noah’s faith, trust and obedience in God make him faithful.

ewq1938

Jul 11, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I’ll ask again do you think that the antichrist is a character in revelation?

Of course but he is called by different names. Paul also speaks of him but doesn't use the name of AC.

Being called righteous is the very definition of faithful. Noah’s faith, trust and obedience in God make him faithful.

And where does it say Noah was the only one?

Marty fox

Jun 1, 2021
Vancouver
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Of course but he is called by different names. Paul also speaks of him but doesn't use the name of AC.

And where does it say Noah was the only one?

My point is that revelation doesn’t mention the word antichrist but you say he’s in it because of the description of the beast and the bible doesn’t actually say the words only faithful one about Noah but the bible describes him that way. Thus I am using the method as you.

ewq1938

Jul 11, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My point is that revelation doesn’t mention the word antichrist but you say he’s in it because of the description of the beast

Almost everyone recognizes the AC is in the book of Rev under different names.

Prim

Sep 13, 2022
Brisbane
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The bible doesn’t say everyone was at Babel just that there was one language and these were the people who went east. These people were punished because of autonomy verse 4 confirms it

4 Then they said, “Come, let us build ourselves a city, with a tower that reaches to the heavens, so that we may make a name for ourselves; otherwise we will be scattered over the face of the whole earth.

You see after the flood God gave the command to go and multiply the earth but these people chose their own will for their lives over Gods will for their lives.

Autonomy is the fall of man kind as God knows what’s best for us and wants us to live out His will for us in our lives but we go against God and choose our own will. Satan knows this and temps us with it the first example of this was Eve in the garden.

3 Now the serpent was more crafty than any of the wild animals the Lord God had made. He said to the woman, “Did God really say, ‘You must not eat from any tree in the garden’?”

2 The woman said to the serpent, “We may eat fruit from the trees in the garden, 3 but God did say, ‘You must not eat fruit from the tree that is in the middle of the garden, and you must not touch it, or you will die.’”

4 “You will not certainly die,” the serpent said to the woman. 5 “For God knows that when you eat from it your eyes will be opened, and you will be like God, knowing good and evil.”

You see Eve didn’t want to be subject to God which was the will of God for her she wanted to be like God.
Marty what you said about not everyone being at Babel only those that went East. To who God would later confound their language into many for uniting as one. From that you could conclude that we could still very much have a pre flood language right up to the present day. Just a observation if it was only in the East where the language was confounded. What are your thoughts on that

Last edited:

Marty fox

Jun 1, 2021
Vancouver
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Marty what you said about not everyone being at Babel only those that went East. To who God would later confound their language into many languages for uniting as one. From that you could conclude that we could still very well have a pre flood language right up to the present day. Just a observation if it was only in the East where the language was confounded. What are your thoughts on that

Yes I guess it is definitely possible. Good though

ewq1938

Jul 11, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Then that proves my point about Noah

What you accuse me of you do yourself

You claim Noah was the only faithful man. The bible doesn't say that. It is not related to the AC having other names.

Prim

Sep 13, 2022
Brisbane
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Yes I guess it is definitely possible. Good though
The history of language I think we have just over 7000 different languages throughout the world with Papua New Guinea holding the most with over 840 languages. The language pattern and quantity seems to vary around the world. And of course that number is decreasing be that by unification of states, provinces from nations into empires and towards a universal language in our modern times . Anyway food for thought

Reactions: Marty fox

Marty fox

Jun 1, 2021
Vancouver
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
You claim Noah was the only faithful man. The bible doesn't say that. It is not related to the AC having other names.

And you claim that the antichrist is in revelation but the bible doesn’t say that.

The point is that you think that because you believe they have the same quantities and I think it because the bible says the same thing in a different way.

The Lord then said to Noah, “Go into the ark, you and your whole family, because I have found you righteous in this generation

7 By faith Noah, when warned about things not yet seen, in holy fear built an ark to save his family. By his faith he condemned the world and became heir of the righteousness that is in keeping with faith

5 The Lord saw how great the wickedness of the human race had become on the earth, and that every inclination of the thoughts of the human heart was only evil all the time. 6 The Lord regretted that he had made human beings on the earth, and his heart was deeply troubled. 7 So the Lord said, “I will wipe from the face of the earth the human race I have created—and with them the animals, the birds and the creatures that move along the ground—for I regret that I have made them.” 8 But Noah found favor in the eyes of the Lord.

Do you see how it is only Noah who found favour in the eyes of the Lord?

Marty fox

Jun 1, 2021
Vancouver
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
No. You clearly showed he and his family found favor from the Lord.

You are completely wrong show where in the four biblical text I posted which state that about his family.

“ 8 But Noah found favor in the eyes of the Lord.”

“because I have found you righteous in this generation”

“By his faith he condemned the world and became heir of the righteousness that is in keeping with faith”

“Noah was a righteous man, blameless among the people of his time, and he walked faithfully with God”

Noah’s family were saved for procreation like us in Jesus being saved spiritually Noah’s family were saved physically through his righteousness.

ewq1938

Jul 11, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are completely wrong show where in the four biblical text I posted which state that about his family.

The Lord then said to Noah, “Go into the ark, you and your whole family, because I have found you righteous in this generation

7 By faith Noah, when warned about things not yet seen, in holy fear built an ark to save his family. By his faith he condemned the world and became heir of the righteousness that is in keeping with faith

5 The Lord saw how great the wickedness of the human race had become on the earth, and that every inclination of the thoughts of the human heart was only evil all the time. 6 The Lord regretted that he had made human beings on the earth, and his heart was deeply troubled. 7 So the Lord said, “I will wipe from the face of the earth the human race I have created—and with them the animals, the birds and the creatures that move along the ground—for I regret that I have made them.” 8 But Noah found favor in the eyes of the Lord.

Status
Not open for further replies.