The Little Book

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, everything in Revelation seems to be a reiteration of things that have already been prophesied. (Maybe we could say it is a kind of a bundling or summation of them all to "finish" or complete their fulfillment, at least on one level.)

And I think it's good to keep in mind that Ezekiel was a contemporary of Daniel and he was prophesying to the children of the Babylon captivity.
Time on deck is as follows ...........LORD PRAISING N THANKIN TIME . Let all that has breath both praise and thank the glorious LORD .

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Each to their own. - I edited the above to add a reference. Exodus 24. Actually everything from Ch 24 to the end of Ch 31 were spiritual things shown and said to him in the cloud, on the mountain.

He came down with the work of God-- which he immediately broke. And made himself a copy-- immediately breaking a specific commandment that was written on the originals.

Moses turned and went down from the mountain with the two tablets of the testimony in his hands. The tablets were written on both sides—they were written on the front and on the back. Now the tablets were the work of God, and the writing was the writing of God, engraved on the tablets.
The Lord said to Moses, “Chisel out two stone tablets like the first ones, and I will write on them the words that were on the first tablets, which you broke. 2 Be ready in the morning, and then come up on Mount Sinai.

So Moses chiseled out two stone tablets like the first ones and went up Mount Sinai early in the morning, as the Lord had commanded him.

Theres nothing wrong with having something wrong as long as you can admit it if and when you see it. None of us are all knowing. Iron sharpens iron as many of us say.

Last edited:

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, everything in Revelation seems to be a reiteration of things that have already been prophesied. (Maybe we could say it is a kind of a bundling or summation of them all to "finish" or complete their fulfillment, at least on one level.)

And I think it's good to keep in mind that Ezekiel was a contemporary of Daniel and he was prophesying to the children of the Babylon captivity.
1673115534315.png

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm definitely guessing I'm wrong here, but the only thing I can think of what the little book is, is "truth". Its sweet at first, but as we meditate on it, and self reflect, our outer carnal selves have a hard time digesting it.
I like this.
The little book, I think, is contained in the final chapters of the book of Revelation. The overall message is sweet: Jesus returns, he begins his reign, eternal life is granted to his followers, and eventually all evil is removed from our existence. The prophecy is bitter in that it involves some of the most intense suffering that must come upon the followers of Jesus and the bitter disappointment in the fact that more people couldn't be saved.
The truth is wonderful and leads to eternal life. But it is bitter that so many want the lie over the truth.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What has been sealed up till the last time? What is the mystery of God that needs finishing...or revealing? And what is the little book that is sweet to the taste yet makes the belly bitter?
not that I understand it but interesting to me is the reference to : (the inner) bark (of a papyrus plant), a scroll, a book. The material used for the basket. (Was it Radom that Paul was let down by a basket?)

“The Bible refers to papyrus as the material used for the basket, sealed with tar and bitumen, in which the baby Moses was placed(Exodus 2:3). Some translations opt for the term “reeds” instead of papyrus, but these reeds were, in fact, papyrus stems.”

Usage: a written book, roll, or volume

the plant called papyrus, Theophrastus, hist. plant. 4, 8, 2f; (Pliny, h. n. 13, 11f (21f)); from its bark (rather, the cellular substance of its stem (for it was an endogenous plant)) paper was made.

I never knew that. It says on google the basket Moses was put in was sealed with tar and bitumen(I have no idea what bitumen is.) the kjv version says sealed with slime and pitch. What about laying bricks with slime? it is interesting concerning the basket Moses was put in; with “reeds” or that which paper is made. With what is written in stone or written in the heart where “you are our epistle” “the epistle of Christ written not with ink but by the Spirit”. The basket Moses the baby was put into made of reeds or Moses as in the OT? What would Christ be put in and what would the seal be of where Christ is? Would the seal be Slime and pitch? Or Tar and bitumen? Or would the seal be the Spirit of God?

Concerning bitter in the belly but sweet to the taste…it makes me think of : Romans 10:8 ‘the word is near, even in your mouth’ …taste what?

Maybe none of that makes sense or seems pointless. But for me …even though it makes no sense really …it shows how there is always more there beneath the surface and how it all connects (is joined) together.

Last edited:
Reactions: amadeus and Nancy

Adam

Nov 30, 2022
X
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
This might be one of the universe's great mysteries. Here is another: what happened to Jesus during those 3 days he was dead?

• Love
Reactions: Mr E and Nancy

Adam

Nov 30, 2022
X
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
That would make an excellent thread Adam!
No need to make a new thread, it's entirely on-topic.

Revelation 10:7
But in the days of the voice of the seventh angel, when he shall begin to sound, the mystery of God should be finished, as he hath declared to his servants the prophets.

John 19:30
When Jesus therefore had received the vinegar, he said, It is finished: and he bowed his head, and gave up the ghost.

What's the mystery of God?

Exodus 33
20 And he said, Thou canst not see my face: for there shall no man see me, and live.

Jesus rose from the dead, but then again, so did Lazarus. Why do we worship Jesus and not Lazarus? What was Jesus shown that Lazarus wasn't?

Reactions: Nancy

Nancy

Staff member
Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

But in the days of the voice of the seventh angel, when he shall begin to sound, the mystery of God should be finished, as he hath declared to his servants the prophets.

When Jesus therefore had received the vinegar, he said, It is finished: and he bowed his head, and gave up the ghost.

Exodus 33
20 And he said, Thou canst not see my face: for there shall no man see me, and live.

Jesus rose from the dead, but then again, so did Lazarus. Why do we worship Jesus and not Lazarus? What was Jesus shown that Lazarus wasn't?
Funny, somehow i thought this was in the thread For There Is One God, And One Mediator Between God And Mankind. Swear I saw that! Sorry brother!

Reactions: Adam

Nancy

Staff member
Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Exodus 33

Jesus didn't die again...ever. Lazarus did.

ReChoired

Nov 26, 2019
Region
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Exodus 33

Jesus is Deity, not just humanity.

Joh_3:13 And no man hath ascended up to heaven, but he that came down from heaven, even the Son of man which is in heaven.

Eph 4:8 Wherefore he saith, When he ascended up on high, he led captivity captive, and gave gifts unto men.
Eph 4:9 (Now that he ascended, what is it but that he also descended first into the lower parts of the earth?
Eph 4:10 He that descended is the same also that ascended up far above all heavens, that he might fill all things.)

Joh 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
Joh 1:2 The same was in the beginning with God.
Joh 1:3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.
Joh 1:4 In him was life; and the life was the light of men.
Joh 1:5 And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not.
Joh 1:6 There was a man sent from God, whose name was John.
Joh 1:7 The same came for a witness, to bear witness of the Light, that all men through him might believe.
Joh 1:8 He was not that Light, but was sent to bear witness of that Light.
Joh 1:9 That was the true Light, which lighteth every man that cometh into the world.
Joh 1:10 He was in the world, and the world was made by him, and the world knew him not.
Joh 1:11 He came unto his own, and his own received him not.
Joh 1:12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:
Joh 1:13 Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.
Joh 1:14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.
Joh 1:15 John bare witness of him, and cried, saying, This was he of whom I spake, He that cometh after me is preferred before me: for he was before me.
Joh 1:16 And of his fulness have all we received, and grace for grace.
Joh 1:17 For the law was given by Moses, but grace and truth came by Jesus Christ.
Joh 1:18 No man hath seen God at any time; the only begotten Son, which is in the bosom of the Father, he hath declared him.

Eph 3:9 And to make all men see what is the fellowship of the mystery, which from the beginning of the world hath been hid in God, who created all things by Jesus Christ:

Col 1:16 For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:
Col 1:17 And he is before all things, and by him all things consist.
Col 1:18 And he is the head of the body, the church: who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead; that in all things he might have the preeminence.
Col 1:19 For it pleased the Father that in him should all fulness dwell;

Heb 1:1 God, who at sundry times and in divers manners spake in time past unto the fathers by the prophets,
Heb 1:2 Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds;
Heb 1:3 Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high;
Heb 1:4 Being made so much better than the angels, as he hath by inheritance obtained a more excellent name than they.

1Ti_3:16 And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.

In death, no one is shown anything.

Ecc_9:10 Whatsoever thy hand findeth to do, do it with thy might; for there is no work, nor device, nor knowledge, nor wisdom, in the grave, whither thou goest.

See Study 02 -

Attachments

• STUDY 02 – HAUNTING SPIRITS, ZOMBIE APOCALYPSE - DEAD ON ARRIVAL.pdf
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
  • Love
Reactions: Keturah

ReChoired

Nov 26, 2019
Region
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This might be one of the universe's great mysteries. Here is another: what happened to Jesus during those 3 days he was dead?
Job_21:32 Yet shall he be brought to the grave, and shall remain in the tomb.

Job_14:14 If a man die, shall he live again? all the days of my appointed time will I wait, till my change come.

Mat_28:6 He is not here: for he is risen, as he said. Come, see the place where the Lord lay.

Rev_1:18 I am he that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of hell and of death.

Rev_2:8 And unto the angel of the church in Smyrna write; These things saith the first and the last, which was dead, and is alive;

Reactions: Keturah

Adam

Nov 30, 2022
X
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Jesus is Deity, not just humanity.

Joh_3:13 And no man hath ascended up to heaven, but he that came down from heaven, even the Son of man which is in heaven.
What does the phrase Son of man mean?

Eph 4:8 Wherefore he saith, When he ascended up on high, he led captivity captive, and gave gifts unto men.
What does it mean, he led captivity captive?

Eph 4:9 (Now that he ascended, what is it but that he also descended first into the lower parts of the earth?
Eph 4:10 He that descended is the same also that ascended up far above all heavens, that he might fill all things.)
What does it mean, he descended first into the lower parts of thr earth?

Joh 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
In the original greek, the word used was Logos

Joh 1:2 The same was in the beginning with God.
Joh 1:3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.
Joh 1:4 In him was life; and the life was the light of men.
Joh 1:5 And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not.
Joh 1:6 There was a man sent from God, whose name was John.
Joh 1:7 The same came for a witness, to bear witness of the Light, that all men through him might believe.
Joh 1:8 He was not that Light, but was sent to bear witness of that Light.
Joh 1:9 That was the true Light, which lighteth every man that cometh into the world.
Joh 1:10 He was in the world, and the world was made by him, and the world knew him not.
Joh 1:11 He came unto his own, and his own received him not.
Joh 1:12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:
Joh 1:13 Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.
Joh 1:14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.
Joh 1:15 John bare witness of him, and cried, saying, This was he of whom I spake, He that cometh after me is preferred before me: for he was before me.
Joh 1:16 And of his fulness have all we received, and grace for grace.
Joh 1:17 For the law was given by Moses, but grace and truth came by Jesus Christ.
Joh 1:18 No man hath seen God at any time; the only begotten Son, which is in the bosom of the Father, he hath declared him.
Why has no man seen God? Why did God say to Moses:

Exodus 33

Eph 3:9 And to make all men see what is the fellowship of the mystery, which from the beginning of the world hath been hid in God, who created all things by Jesus Christ:
Including the Devil?

Col 1:16 For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:
Col 1:17 And he is before all things, and by him all things consist.
Col 1:18 And he is the head of the body, the church: who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead; that in all things he might have the preeminence.
Col 1:19 For it pleased the Father that in him should all fulness dwell;
Firstborn from the dead, what does this mean?

Heb 1:1 God, who at sundry times and in divers manners spake in time past unto the fathers by the prophets,
Heb 1:2 Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds;
Heb 1:3 Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high;
Heb 1:4 Being made so much better than the angels, as he hath by inheritance obtained a more excellent name than they.
Sat down on the right hand of the Majesty, what does this mean?

1Ti_3:16 And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.

In death, no one is shown anything.

Ecc_9:10 Whatsoever thy hand findeth to do, do it with thy might; for there is no work, nor device, nor knowledge, nor wisdom, in the grave, whither thou goest.
If the dead aren't shown anything, then where do angels, who are not of the flesh, come from? A man's physical body cannot work or gain wisdom, but his spirit can.

1 Corinthians 15
But some man will say, How are the dead raised up? and with what body do they come?

36 Thou fool, that which thou sowest is not quickened, except it die:

37 And that which thou sowest, thou sowest not that body that shall be, but bare grain, it may chance of wheat, or of some other grain:

38 But God giveth it a body as it hath pleased him, and to every seed his own body.

39 All flesh is not the same flesh: but there is one kind of flesh of men, another flesh of beasts, another of fishes, and another of birds.

40 There are also celestial bodies, and bodies terrestrial: but the glory of the celestial is one, and the glory of the terrestrial is another.

41 There is one glory of the sun, and another glory of the moon, and another glory of the stars: for one star differeth from another star in glory.

42 So also is the resurrection of the dead. It is sown in corruption; it is raised in incorruption:

43 It is sown in dishonour; it is raised in glory: it is sown in weakness; it is raised in power:

44 It is sown a natural body; it is raised a spiritual body. There is a natural body, and there is a spiritual body.

Job_21:32 Yet shall he be brought to the grave, and shall remain in the tomb.
Full context:
30 That the wicked is reserved to the day of destruction? they shall be brought forth to the day of wrath.

31 Who shall declare his way to his face? and who shall repay him what he hath done?

32 Yet shall he be brought to the grave, and shall remain in the tomb.

So is Jesus the wicked one who will be destroyed and brought to the grave? Yes, if he took on the sins of all Mankind. That is how Jesus rose from the dead. Not physically, like Lazarus, but the spiritual death, he went to the place where the sinners go, and overcame it due to being free of sin and completely at peace with Himself.

The mind is its own place, and in itself Can make a Heaven of Hell, a Hell of Heaven.

Stone walls do not a prison make, Nor iron bars a cage; Minds innocent and quiet take That for an hermitage;

Job_14:14 If a man die, shall he live again? all the days of my appointed time will I wait, till my change come.
What change is that?

Mat_28:6 He is not here: for he is risen, as he said. Come, see the place where the Lord lay.

Rev_1:18 I am he that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of hell and of death.
What are the keys of hell and death?

Rev_2:8 And unto the angel of the church in Smyrna write; These things saith the first and the last, which was dead, and is alive;
Once again, all this talk of being alive and dead - there is a distinction between physical death and spiritual death:

8 But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.

6 Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years.

Jesus didn't just rise from the dead physically, Jesus rose from the second death. That is the true significance of the ressurection.

Mr E

Aug 17, 2022
San Diego
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Satisfied?

Do you feel like you just ate your fill of bread?

Mr E

Aug 17, 2022
San Diego
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Exodus 33

I'd be happy to have the conversation in a new thread. I don't want it to seem as though I'm picking at anyone. Once people start taking things personally, the opportunity for true dialogue evaporates.

msugreen

Nov 22, 2023
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I see it as a part of the truth...but incomplete hence the smallness of the book. When people pick and choose preferred verses but omit the lion-share of the bible they don't like...it makes for a "little book." Half-truths and assumptions based on those half-truths.

So then to the one who is looking and consuming only the pleasing verses...it tastes sweet. But on judgment day those same words will produce bitterness in the belly...there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.

Why seal up the prophesy till the end? Well the fulness of the delusion would only take place 1,500 years in the future. Now, it is time to prophesy again...to get ready to repent of falling short of the full measure of the truth.

As an essay writer, I found inspiration in its eloquent prose. This literary gem not only entertained but also kindled a creative spark within me. A must-read for anyone seeking both literary pleasure and a muse for their own writing journey.
This concept aligns with the idea that a comprehensive understanding of any religious or philosophical text requires a sincere engagement with its entirety, even the parts that may be challenging or uncomfortable.

Reactions: Episkopos

Gottservant

Oct 19, 2022
Greensborough
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The little book is about the circular nature of life, the "He who has heard and learned from the Father, comes to Me" sort of circularity (John, from memory).

It's about putting faith in simple terms, knowing that when it (your faith) has come back to you, you will be able to reap a reward.

goforit/leap

Sep 22, 2023
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The little book had the final chapters of Revelation in it. John was to prophesy.
The mystery of God part was over with the
start of the 7th trumpet. The mystery is that
part of Revelation is jumbled ..hidden.
This mystery will end early as was foretold by
the prophets. OT prophecy shows God will
repent of some of the evil that was to happen to
His people when He sees that their power is gone. Daniel 12...and more
The seven thunders part was sealed up.

Seal not the prophecies of this book is referring
to the ones written in the little book only. It means that the final chapters are given to us in
the same order that John had them revealed to
him.

seal not....sayings

goforit/leap

Sep 22, 2023
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The book is both sweet and bitter...seems has both wonderful and terrible things written in it.