The logic of Trinitarians and Jehovah's Witnesses...

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The scriptures you quote, and aren't they wonderful, tell of the love of Jesus.

As you will know from your work on the Trinity, Jesus is Lord of Lords and King of Kings and God with us.

The gentleness of Jesus is a far cry from the violence and murder of the Old Testament, even in defiance of the Ten commandments, where every one of the commandments was routinely broken. So what was the difference? Jesus is LORD of LORDS and the word LORD appears frequently in the Old Testament. The difference is this, the Lord of the Old Testament was Melchizedek the king of Salem, but now Jesus is a priest for ever after the order of Melchisedec.

The rule of Melchizedek, the Lord of Moses, the one who commanded all the dreadful violence, ended with the resurrection of Jesus who conquered death and hell. The physical evidence of this was the destruction of the Temple in AD 70. Now the Jews, and all of us have a new LORD, His name is Jesus, and we all need to turn to him. Those who do not, are left wandering in the wilderness, and if they do not turn to Jesus and accept Him as their LORD and Saviour and follow him all the days of their life, then they are condemned to eternal death.

May God bless.

I think that Jesus claimed to be the voice in the burning bush (Exodus 3:14) in John 8:58. He broke normal grammatical usage to make a claim. Now, whoever owned that voice, "became Jesus Christ" later. Actually, He was Jesus Christ all along; but He incarnated as the Son in Luke 1:35, Matthew 1:18-20, and John 1:14.

Cooper

Jan 31, 2020
Sheffield, Yorkshire, home of Robin Hood.
robinhood-loxley.weebly.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I think that Jesus claimed to be the voice in the burning bush (Exodus 3:14) in John 8:58. He broke normal grammatical usage to make a claim. Now, whoever owned that voice, "became Jesus Christ" later. Actually, He was Jesus Christ all along; but He incarnated as the Son in Luke 1:35, Matthew 1:18-20, and John 1:14.
Jesus was undoubtedly there with the Israelites in the wilderness, guiding them and sending manor from heaven, but the people followed a different LORD who was the god of wickedness, i.e. Satan. How people can think the Lord who commanded mass murder, is the same as the Lord Jesus Christ is beyond me. Remember the true God is unchanging while the deceiver is "I am who I want to be" as janc2 said.

Reactions: ChristisGod

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus was undoubtedly there with the Israelites in the wilderness, guiding them and sending manor from heaven, but the people followed a different LORD who was the god of wickedness, i.e. Satan. How people can think the Lord who commanded mass murder, is the same as the Lord Jesus Christ is beyond me. Remember the true God is unchanging while the deceiver is "I am who I want to be" as janc2 said.
Does the Lord Jesus Christ not cast sinners into an eternal hell?

God is God; and when He does something, He is justified in His action; even though a human being doing the same thing might not be justified.

Because the Lord is Omniscient, Omnipresent, and Omnipotent.

And His Omniscience means that He knows the end from the beginning. Therefore when He makes adjustments, it is always for the best outcome, based on His Omniscience, His sovereignty, His love.

Last edited:

Cooper

Jan 31, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Does the Lord Jesus Christ not cast sinners into an eternal hell?

God is God; and when He does something, He is justified in His action; even though a human being doing the same thing might not be justified.

Because the Lord is Omniscient, Omnipresent, and Omnipotent.

And His Omniscience means that He knows the end from the beginning. Therefore when He makes adjustments, it is always for the best outcome, based on His Omniscience, His sovereignty, His love.
The judgement will come when everyone has had time to repent. Those who reject Him here on earth will be cast out of His presence eternally.

God created all things good. This then is the message which we have heard of him, and declare unto you, that God is light, and in him is no darkness at all. 1 John 1:5 (The god of Moses is very dark.) Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and cometh down from the Father of lights, with whom is no variableness, neither shadow of turning. James 1:17 KJV

If we deny the Lord, then we are like chaff blown in the wind with no protection from whatever may befall us.

And he (the righteous) shall be like a tree planted by the rivers of water, that bringeth forth his fruit in his season; his leaf also shall not wither; and whatsoever he doeth shall prosper. The ungodly are not so: but are like the chaff which the wind driveth away. Psalms 1:3-4

However, God's solid foundation still stands. It has this inscription on it: "The Lord knows those who belong to him," and "Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord must turn away from evil." 2 Timothy 2:19

To depart, or turn away from evil is a warning not to follow the god of Moses and the Jews. Instead, we are to depart from such wickedness. You know what Jesus said in John 8:44.

Last edited:

Cooper

Jan 31, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
So when we read of Moses being told to do horrible things by the Lord, we need to remember, the Lord is Melchizadek, and the Creator, is God (Gen 1:1) with whom many of us have a personal relationship in the name of Jesus.

Hence, the discrepancy in some areas, between the Old and New Testaments.
That is such a load off my mind. I have worried about it for years.

Last edited:

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1 Cor 10:1-5
For I do not want you to be unaware, brothers, that our fathers were all under the cloud, and all passed through the sea, 2 and all were baptized into Moses in the cloud and in the sea, 3 and all ate the same spiritual food, 4 and fall drank the same spiritual drink. For they drank from the spiritual Rock that followed them, and the Rock was Christ. 5 Nevertheless, with most of them God was not pleased, for they were overthrown in the wilderness.

Reactions: Cooper

Cooper

Jan 31, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
1 Cor 10:1-5
For I do not want you to be unaware, brothers, that our fathers were all under the cloud, and all passed through the sea, 2 and all were baptized into Moses in the cloud and in the sea, 3 and all ate the same spiritual food, 4 and fall drank the same spiritual drink. For they drank from the spiritual Rock that followed them, and the Rock was Christ. 5 Nevertheless, with most of them God was not pleased, for they were overthrown in the wilderness.
We used to sing a chorus about following Jesus All the days of my life, and if the Israelites had done that, they would all have entered the Promised Land. :)

Reactions: ChristisGod

Getitright

Nov 7, 2019
North Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God means "power", so power and divine have the same meaning, but the word is not a person but the expression of the mind of God.
Look at Genesis, what did God do before he created? He spoke, for every time it is written: "God said: (the word)". By speaking God created, by His word, by the breath of His mouth.

NO, the word is a person. John tells us,

And he was clothed with a vesture dipped in blood: and his name is called The Word of God. (Rev. 19:13 KJV)

He's a person.