The logic of Trinitarians and Jehovah's Witnesses...

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
father, Jesus and Holy Spirit, as in the name of Jesus would be the short expression to say that they were immersed into all 3!
And they were baptized in the Name of Jesus. No other way after the MT 28 command by Jesus.

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not only his name!
If you have an example of water baptism other than in the Name of Jesus please tell us. His disciples baptized in the Name of Jesus, no other way.

I believe that someone can truly be saved without water baptism so I have no axe to grind.

Last edited:

YeshuaFan1

Jul 22, 2020
Macomb Mi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you have an example of water baptism other than in the Name of Jesus please tell us. His disciples baptized in the Name of Jesus, no other way.

I believe that someone can truly be saved without water baptism so I have no axe to grind.
What peter stated in Acts was not that they were JUST and ONLY baptized in name of jesus, but that was his way of telling the jews there that he was the One who saved them from their sins!

Cooper

Jan 31, 2020
Sheffield, Yorkshire, home of Robin Hood.
robinhood-loxley.weebly.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Is not the word of him Mighty?
The word of a man is human, so it is weak, but his word is powerful, for he himself is strong.
Jesus is the Word and the Word is God. What you say will not change anything, except maybe lead people astray, which is dreadful to me, but Satan will love it. If you do not like Jesus being God, then tough, get used to it for your own sake.

Last edited:

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It matters to me. They don't in fact all mean the same thing. But there is no point in arguing about the meanings of words.

Much love!

Indeed (1 Timothy 6:4, 2 Timothy 2:14).

However, those who argue that it should be a different word than what is given in our kjv, often are seeking to promote a doctrine that is different than the gospel that is preached by our faithful kjv.

Cooper

Jan 31, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Indeed (1 Timothy 6:4, 2 Timothy 2:14).

However, those who argue that it should be a different word than what is given in our kjv, often are seeking to promote a doctrine that is different than the gospel that is preached by our faithful kjv.
As the apostles said, "they are not of us."

Reactions: justbyfaith

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Jesus is Himself very God, not just an expression of or in the mind of God!
Space consists of width, height, and depth. And yet it is one. This has helped me understand God as much as anything. Having said that, God once showed me His glory. I was left with the knowledge that He is awesome beyond words.

Reactions: justbyfaith

ThePuffyBlob

Dec 16, 2019
( ^◡^)
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
Your English is OK. Don't worry. I know about the worlds religions. Their gods, are either idols, animals, and if they are men, they are dead in the grave. In fact they are all dead. None of them can forgive sins or give eternal life. There can only be ONE supreme being, and He is my Lord and Saviour. You know His name.
i know his name and he has a lot of names just that i do not know how exactly i would pronounce his original name
do you?

ThePuffyBlob

Dec 16, 2019
( ^◡^)
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
There is indeed a distinction between the Father and the Son; while they are the same Person.

The Father inhabiteth eternity (Isaiah 57:15); while the Son is come in human flesh (1 John 4:1-3, 2 John 1:7).

I will definitely pray for you that you might see the truth; and will keep out of the details of that prayer that you should believe in the 3 in 1. However, if it is the truth that you should believe in the 3 in 1, then the first prayer cannot help but be equal to the second prayer.

There is one God (Deuteronomy 6:4, Mark 12:29, James 2:19)
@BasuraAko,

I would suggest reading posts #1-#6 of the following thread; and thinking on the content until you understand the Trinity.

True Trinity.
did you also know that the trinity originated from roman catholic beliefs?

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
i know his name and he has a lot of names just that i do not know how exactly i would pronounce his original name
do you?
What matters is that you call upon it (Romans 10:13).

If you know that the name that you are calling on belongs to the Person of whom the holy scriptures say, "In the volume of the book it is written of me";

then you are calling on the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth as Acts 4:10-12 tells you to do.

Don't worry so much about the pronunciation as much as you should worry about who the Person is behind the name upon which you are calling.

Hope this helps.

Reactions: ThePuffyBlob

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@BasuraAko,

I would suggest seeking in your life to heed Deuteronomy 4:29 and Jeremiah 29:13 first and foremost.

Seek to know who the God is upon whose name you are to call upon for salvation; and then call upon His name.

This may in fact be a lifetime journey for you.

You can cut to the chase by saying something like,

"Living and true God, I don't know who You are but I want to know; and I ask You to come into my heart as You really are; and show me You to the fullest extent possible."

This is something similar to what the man said whose son was afflicted by a demon:

Mar 9:23, Jesus said unto him, If thou canst believe, all things are possible to him that believeth.
Mar 9:24, And straightway the father of the child cried out, and said with tears, Lord, I believe; help thou mine unbelief.

Cooper

Jan 31, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
do you?
Do what the Bible tells us to do and call the Almighty by his Biblical names. Never mind what people tell you, they tell you wrong.

The I AM is God over all.
And Moses said unto God, Behold, when I come unto the children of Israel, and shall say unto them, The God of your fathers hath sent me unto you; and they shall say to me, What is his name? what shall I say unto them? And God said unto Moses, I AM THAT I AM: and he said, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, I AM hath sent me unto you. And God said moreover unto Moses, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, The LORD God of your fathers, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob, hath sent me unto you: this is my name for ever, and this is my memorial unto all generations. (Exodus 3:13-15 KJV)

Last edited:
Reactions: ThePuffyBlob