The lord is among us

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think it is one thing to say something is from God to intentionally deceive people. I think it is another thing to have mental health issues or have spiritual warfare going on.

Reactions: Preacher4Truth

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I think it is one thing to say something is from God to intentionally deceive people. I think it is another thing to have mental health issues or have spiritual warfare going on.

But very hard to help them when they choose to listen to “other voices”.
The acid test is alway, Who does this glorify?

The poor person is obviously deluded...he should not be encouraged in his delousion.
Those that told him that he is not hearing from the Lord, are correct.
It doesn’t take much discernment.

....H

Reactions: Mayflower
B

brakelite

I came here to share a great miracle given unto me by god himself believe in the lord Jesus Christ because he is real, I am a living witness I have seen these things with my own eyes.
Christ came to me one night also. But not dressed in a hoodie...not with a skull face shining in the dark...nor with theatrics and I certainly didn't rise off my bed with numerous other "spirits" toward the ceiling. How did I know it was Jesus? Because He said 3 things...I love you...I forgive you...I am going to look after you and make your life my own. Today, 43 years later, I can testify of Christ not because He visited me though. That means nothing to nobody but myself. What I can share with others however is how He has changed my life since. Beginning from the next morning when I woke up. I was a new person. I had no desire for those things that the day before excited me. I had no interest in continuing down the same wide broad destructive highway I had been travelling the previous 15 years or so. I know it was Jesus who visited me that night because He has kept the promise He made to make my life something He could call His own. Nothing else matters, but a new man in Christ.

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But very hard to help them when they choose to listen to “other voices”.
The acid test is alway, Who does this glorify?

The poor person is obviously deluded...he should not be encouraged in his delousion.
Those that told him that he is not hearing from the Lord, are correct.
It doesn’t take much discernment.

....H

I think I understand what y'all are saying now. And I definitely agree with sharing the truth. Just sharing the truth in love is important. This doesn't strike me as someone as a pharisee or sadducee. It strikes me as someone who genuinely believes this is from God. I have been learning discernment with my dreams. Chris has helped me quite a bit. I am not putting much weight into them anymore. If they cause fear or confusion or portray God in a way that is not holy, they should be ignored.

This is a good link in discerning different dreams. It is short, but has helped me some.

How to Know if Your Dream Is From God, the Enemy or Your Own Soul

I'd like to point this part out:

The prophet Jeremiah warned about dreamers who dreamed dreams they caused themselves to dream (Jer. 29:8–9). Not all soul dreams come because someone is a false prophet, like the people Jeremiah was condemning, sometimes we just desire something so strongly that we dream about it.

I had a dream I saw Jesus as a little girl and she told me "there was no office, Remember this is my body, I live here now." I believe now this is because I have desired to see Jesus so badly and have also felt a bit of self condemnation lately. While I cannot say that really was Jesus,I know this spoke to me personally. Dreams that minister to us personally should not be shared with others unless prompted perhaps. Especially if you start thinking you are holier then someone else. We have all sinned and fallen short of God's glory. Though there are the small and great, the holy ones are those who follow Christ and share His love with others.

No, I don't believe this dream is legitimate. But I don't call you a false prophet. I don't know your heart or have experienced what you have experienced. But please pray and watch for the fruits that come from this.

Reactions: Acolyte

Preacher4Truth

Feb 15, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I believe if he had this vision it is from the enemy. But I don't get offended easily. I know what it is like to believe something is from God and it isn't.

I think people need to be very careful saying something is from God.
I agree with you. Maybe, if you could at some point, share some things about what God has taught you in his word concerning discerning what is from God, and what is not. It may help others willing to learn.

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have best well learned it better not be on feeling when saying something is from God. For those things I am unsure of now I feel humbled and have asked God's forgiveness. I am grateful Christ forgives when we ask.

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I agree with you. Maybe, if you could at some point, share some things about what God has taught you in his word concerning discerning what is from God, and what is not. It may help others willing to learn.

My hard point are addresses. If I spent as much time and effort putting together some studies to share, I might be less anxious googling everything. Lol. I k ow verses by heart, but not attached to addresses or word for word.

Like as for discerning things from God's Word, the Bible says whatsoever things are good, pure, honest, just, lovely, of good report. Think upon these things. His Word also says, His word is a lamp unto our feet and a light unto our path. To me this means if something goes against scripture, it is not of God. Also, perfect love casts out all fear. Anything that causes fear and confusion is not of God.

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Also love is patient, kind, not jealous, does not brag, is not arrogant, does not seek ots own, is not provoked, does not rejoice in unrighteousness, but rejoices in the truth. Bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. Love never fails.

I like to use this as a standard when I respond to others. But as far as being confronting, when to show more firmness I guess, this is what I need to study about. I consider myself pretty gentle.

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is my favorite verse: "Brethren, I do not regard myself as having laid hold of it yet, but one thing I do; forgetting what lies behind and reaching forward to what lies ahead, I press on toward the goal for the prize, of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus." Philippians 3:13-14

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
This is my favorite verse: "Brethren, I do not regard myself as having laid hold of it yet, but one thing I do; forgetting what lies behind and reaching forward to what lies ahead, I press on toward the goal for the prize, of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus." Philippians 3:13-14
Similar to Hebrews 12.2: 'looking unto Jesus'. :)

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God's Word also talks about taking everything to God in prayer. Proverbs is all about praying for wisdom.

Psalms is all about praise! If you are praising God, there is no room for the enemy. Praise is a good way to reveal something not from the enemy. 9 times out of 10 if I am praising God, spirits of depression and anxiety leave at night. I think this is why I am so attacked at night. Hard to even get words out sometimes. Though I am not unsure how to support tongues as a prayer language, I have seen some of its fruits. The Bible talks about the fruits of the spirit. Love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self control. Peace and joy are the big ones I feel when praying in tongues.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
My hard point are addresses. If I spent as much time and effort putting together some studies to share, I might be less anxious googling everything. Lol. I k ow verses by heart, but not attached to addresses or word for word.

Like as for discerning things from God's Word, the Bible says whatsoever things are good, pure, honest, just, lovely, of good report. Think upon these things. His Word also says, His word is a lamp unto our feet and a light unto our path. To me this means if something goes against scripture, it is not of God. Also, perfect love casts out all fear. Anything that causes fear and confusion is not of God.
This is a great verse there in Philippians that you referred to! It's 4.8.

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When Jesus spoke to the enemy, He did not have addresses. He said "The Word says..."

It trips me up having to look addresses up. If I just spoke the Word more, Ill eventually learn the addresses. I am getting back into scripture memory. I got this Beth Moore prayer resource. 490 scriptures made into prayers. I was hoping this would help me spending some time in prayer at night.

Reactions: Acolyte

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sometimes I think I'm getting early dementia or something. It is very hard to remember and concentrate. But I may start a new thread just to talk about these things on my mind. Because I feel like I am taking over this thread. :D

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Sometimes I think I'm getting early dementia or something. It is very hard to remember and concentrate. But I may start a new thread just to talk about these things on my mind. Because I feel like I am taking over this thread. :D
'Think on these things' from Philippians 4.8 is indeed good advice always. :)

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
We all can learn. ('Grow in grace, and in the knowledge of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ.' 2 Peter 3).

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
God's Word also talks about taking everything to God in prayer. Proverbs is all about praying for wisdom.

Psalms is all about praise! If you are praising God, there is no room for the enemy. Praise is a good way to reveal something not from the enemy.
I love Romans 8's thought of prayer being driven by the Spirit-led desire to say, Abba, Father!