The make up of God

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Genesis 1:27 So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.

quite simple actually. Was the spirit of God created? nope. Neither is our spirit created. The body was created / formed as it is written but life was a gift from God;

Genesis 2:7 And the Lord God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.

The body or temple was formed / created and then God gave man life by giving a part of themselves. Do you see anywhere that God said let man become a living soul? nope. God gave of himself so that we could be his image.
well either my coffee has run out or i am just not following there, for whatever reason.
Seems like a pretty fine distinction, to what end? I'm not getting the point, i guess.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
John 14:6
Jesus said to him, “I am the way, the truth, and the life.

John 17:24
“Father, I desire that they also whom You gave Me may be with Me where I am, that they may behold My glory which You have given Me; for You loved Me before the foundation of the world.

Reactions: pia

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
John 14:6
Jesus said to him, “I am the way, the truth, and the life.

John 17:24
“Father, I desire that they also whom You gave Me may be with Me where I am, that they may behold My glory which You have given Me; for You loved Me before the foundation of the world.
um, can't tell if you are trying to bolster his argument, or refute it lol. What is your take on the point here? ty

KBCid

Dec 22, 2011
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
well either my coffee has run out or i am just not following there, for whatever reason.
Seems like a pretty fine distinction, to what end? I'm not getting the point, i guess.

It's a matter of spiritual discernment. Essentially your living essence used to be part of the Father. Your spiritual origin came out of God and was not created from nothing.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
um, can't tell if you are trying to bolster his argument, or refute it lol. What is your take on the point here? ty
The Son is Life, He was before the foundation of the world (before creation)...i.e., life was not created. Just chiming in :)

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
well, a nap did not help. But ty anyway gents.
Not really taking up their arguments but mine and hopefully God's. Remember these words spoke by Jesus?

"And Jesus said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God." Mark 10:18

Was Jesus denying that he, Jesus, was good? No, what he was confirming was that any being who was good even in a measure had some of God in him/her. What is being said by others here, I believe, is that the "good" always existed for God always existed. The Word is Jesus which is the Word of God. It is God or at least a part of God for it is good.

Here we see what happened before the sin:
"And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul" Gen 2:7

The breath of life was given. Man was not created a living soul, but became one because he had in him that measure of "good", the good that alone was God.

Reactions: pia and bbyrd009

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Not really taking up their arguments but mine and hopefully God's. Remember these words spoke by Jesus?

"And Jesus said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God." Mark 10:18

Was Jesus denying that he, Jesus, was good? No, what he was confirming was that any being who was good even in a measure had some of God in him/her. What is being said by others here, I believe, is that the "good" always existed for God always existed. The Word is Jesus which is the Word of God. It is God or at least a part of God for it is good.

Here we see what happened before the sin:
"And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul" Gen 2:7

The breath of life was given. Man was not created a living soul, but became one because he had in him that measure of "good", the good that alone was God.
ha ok, that might help a little. I mostly am missing the point of the distinction now i guess

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ha ok, that might help a little. I mostly am missing the point of the distinction now i guess
Creation as from nothing versus becoming as in changing from one thing to another. God created things as we see when He said, "Let there be..." , but He did it differently with man for man was to become like God. What is the difference? Wait for the others to amplify if they will...

While I understand that there is a difference, the meaning or as you say, the point, is only just now starting to come to me.

Reactions: bbyrd009

KBCid

Dec 22, 2011
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Creation as from nothing versus becoming as in changing from one thing to another. God created things as we see when He said, "Let there be..." , but He did it differently with man for man was to become like God. What is the difference? Wait for the others to amplify if they will...
While I understand that there is a difference, the meaning or as you say, the point, is only just now starting to come to me.

I am surprised that you are only just getting the meaning.
To amplify the meaning of this subject I will take this a bit further.
As Amadeus has kindly revealed, in the formation of the living beings called man they were not simply spoken into existence as were other parts of the creation. Mans formation was done in two steps, first the body / temple was made and then God took from themselves a portion of their essence and placed it within the newly formed body so that man could become their image by having a living individuality.

The living essence that animates all of us was not called into existence because it cannot be created. In order for an individual to exist aside from God required that God had to take a part out of their own essence and place it into the physical body that they formed. Your essence once was part of God and may again return to them if you choose not to continue as an individual apart from them and this will be your ultimate free choice to make.

Reactions: bbyrd009

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am surprised that you are only just getting the meaning.
To amplify the meaning of this subject I will take this a bit further.

Why surprised? We can piece together different things that we know or believe, but that still doesn't explain God. Who can, other than He himself?

But then how much do we need to understand of Him and His purpose? As we move toward Him [assuming movement in that direction] will He not then add to us whatever is needed? The key word, of course, is needed.

As Amadeus has kindly revealed, in the formation of the living beings called man they were not simply spoken into existence as were other parts of the creation. Mans formation was done in two steps, first the body / temple was made and then God took from themselves a portion of their essence and placed it within the newly formed body so that man could become their image by having a living individuality.

The living essence that animates all of us was not called into existence because it cannot be created. In order for an individual to exist aside from God required that God had to take a part out of their own essence and place it into the physical body that they formed. Your essence once was part of God and may again return to them if you choose not to continue as an individual apart from them and this will be your ultimate free choice to make.

What you have said, I understand, but it could easily be much more complicated than that. The point of God telling those things is what would be most important. The revelation of that is what must received in order to realize God's point.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
ok, i sort of get KBCs explanation, i'll have to reflect more on it, but it seems a torturous way to get to the same obvious conclusion right now imo.