The make up of God

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

breathofdesire

Sep 12, 2017
Queensland
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
lol. I can count on you to be there for the right thought at the right time.

imagine bringing some people from lets say medieval times to the present.... and flicking a light switch.... we would be super natural to them... and then we would be considered witches and they would try to burn us at the stake.

Rollo Tamasi

Aug 28, 2017
Inverness, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I quoted the scripture in reference to my words so it is plain to read.
Oh, so you are just misquoting yourself
Are you saying the dust of the earth is not God's creation?
Are you saying the breath of life is not God's creation?
What are you saying?
All you did was expressed your opinion with a single verse out of the Bible.
You give no further explanation.
So no, it is not plain to read.

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
What are you saying?
Some here are willing to discuss and speak.
Some are not.
I don't understand it, to tell you the truth.

KBCid

Dec 22, 2011
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Psalm 89:11
Psalm 89:11 The heavens are thine, the earth also is thine: as for the world and the fulness thereof, thou hast founded them.

I don't see a word about God being "supernatural" in that verse.
Are you attempting to describe God with a human defined understanding based on a scriptural description of their actions?

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
Do you think it is ok to give a human made / understood description for God?
It's all we have.

I just hope that everyone here understands that God cannot be described.
How do you describe a thing you've never seen?

The closest we could get to is to describe Jesus.
We could say certain things about God, that He's omnipresent, that He loves His creation, He's omnipotent, omniscient, spirit - I can't think of much else although scripture does say more about Him.

What do you think?

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
Psalm 89:11 The heavens are thine, the earth also is thine: as for the world and the fulness thereof, thou hast founded them.

I don't see a word about God being "supernatural" in that verse.
Are you attempting to describe God with a human defined understanding based on a scriptural description of their actions?

The verse is one of many depicting God as the creator of nature. The one who creates nature must be above it, and is therefore supernatural.

KBCid

Dec 22, 2011
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What are you saying?

I would say my English was clear and these two verses are quite clear;

Gen 2:7And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life. (not commanded into existence)
All life came directly from the Father. Even now Christ is;
1 Cor 15:45..... a life-giving spirit. (not a life-creating spirit)

Here are more English translations of scripture that show plainly that life is given not created;

Job 33:4 The Spirit of God hath made me, and the breath of the Almighty hath given me life.
Rev 11:11 After the three and a half days, the breath of life from God entered into them...
1 Timothy 6:13 I charge thee in the sight of God, who giveth life to all things...

The body of man was created. The dust of the ground was reshaped / reformed into the physical form of the body / temple according to Gods design but, Life was given according to scripture not created. When man will be resurrected Christ will GIVE men life again because he is a life-giving spirit.

Rollo Tamasi

Aug 28, 2017
Inverness, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I would say my English was clear and these two verses are quite clear;

Gen 2:7And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life. (not commanded into existence)
All life came directly from the Father. Even now Christ is;
1 Cor 15:45..... a life-giving spirit. (not a life-creating spirit)

Here are more English translations of scripture that show plainly that life is given not created;

Job 33:4 The Spirit of God hath made me, and the breath of the Almighty hath given me life.
Rev 11:11 After the three and a half days, the breath of life from God entered into them...
1 Timothy 6:13 I charge thee in the sight of God, who giveth life to all things...

The body of man was created. The dust of the ground was reshaped / reformed into the physical form of the body / temple according to Gods design but, Life was given according to scripture not created. When man will be resurrected Christ will GIVE men life again because he is a life-giving spirit.
You don't consider man a creation of God?
Just the body, not the man himself?
Man was made by God.
When you make something, it's a creation.
In this case God's creation.
John 1:3;
"Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made."
It doesn't matter the method God used to create man, it's all creation.
God didn't create half a man.
God made all of man.

KBCid

Dec 22, 2011
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's all we have.
I just hope that everyone here understands that God cannot be described.
How do you describe a thing you've never seen?
The closest we could get to is to describe Jesus.
We could say certain things about God, that He's omnipresent, that He loves His creation, He's omnipotent, omniscient, spirit - I can't think of much else although scripture does say more about Him. What do you think?

I would say that we should not describe God beyond what God has stated in scripture. God describes himself as Spirit, Light, Love, a consuming fire and several other things but he doesn't say supernatural. From my own perspective I would not try to apply any description to God other than what they have already given since in my understanding doing such a thing brings God down to the level of a mans conception.

KBCid

Dec 22, 2011
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You don't consider man a creation of God?
Just the body, not the man himself?
Man was made by God.
When you make something, it's a creation.
In this case God's creation.
John 1:3;
"Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made."
It doesn't matter the method God used to create man, it's all creation.
God didn't create half a man.
God made all of man.

God showed us through scripture that he breathed life into us from themselves so, you can deny his scriptural depiction as you wish but, the facts according to God is that they did not create life... I have simply pointed you to the scripture they inspired. You have the God given freedom to do whatever you like with it.

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
I would say that we should not describe God beyond what God has stated in scripture. God describes himself as Spirit, Light, Love, a consuming fire and several other things but he doesn't say supernatural. From my own perspective I would not try to apply any description to God other than what they have already given since in my understanding doing such a thing brings God down to the level of a mans conception.
I agree with you that if we could explain God it would bring Him to our level.
But it's ok to say that He's supernatural.
Why don't you like this term?
It just means that He's beyond the normal, natural things of our world...
Which is what you're saying.

The term may not be in the Bible, but God is supernatural...beyond nature.

Rollo Tamasi

Aug 28, 2017
Inverness, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God showed us through scripture that he breathed life into us from themselves so, you can deny his scriptural depiction as you wish but, the facts according to God is that they did not create life... I have simply pointed you to the scripture they inspired. You have the God given freedom to do whatever you like with it.
You are very odd.
You don't have anyone to help you interpret, do you?
Genesis 1:27;
"So God created man in his own image, in the image of God he created him; male and female he created them."

KBCid

Dec 22, 2011
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are very odd.
You don't have anyone to help you interpret, do you?

I have no human helper for interpretation this is probably why I seem odd to you.

Ecclesiastes 12:7 Then shall the dust return to the earth as it was: and the spirit shall return unto God who gave it.

Job 34:1414 If he set his heart upon man, if he gather unto himself his spirit and his breath; 15 All flesh shall perish together, and man shall turn again unto dust.

Just as mans spirit was breathed into the first man directly from God and thus not created so also the Holy Spirit was breathed into the first disciples;
John 20:22 And when he had said this, he breathed on them, and saith unto them, Receive ye the Holy Ghost.

Man began as a true offspring of God since a part of the Fathers life was directly given to the earthly physical creation to make it alive. God did not create life. Life has always existed within the Father.

Last edited:

Truth

May 31, 2017
AZ, Quartzsite
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God is everything! He had no beginning and He has no End! Our Creator, Our Maker, and God Loves all that He Created, So much that He sent His Only, to give All that would Love Him, A Opportunity to Be Like HIM, then we will understand what He Is! until then ??????????????

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Have you ever thought what God is made up of. Like we know what chemicals water is made up of, what then is God made up of.

Love?

Then what is the composition of love?
Energy.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
I have no human helper for interpretation this is probably why I seem odd to you.

Ecclesiastes 12:7 Then shall the dust return to the earth as it was: and the spirit shall return unto God who gave it.

Job 34:1414 If he set his heart upon man, if he gather unto himself his spirit and his breath; 15 All flesh shall perish together, and man shall turn again unto dust.

Just as mans spirit was breathed into the first man directly from God and thus not created so also the Holy Spirit was breathed into the first disciples;
John 20:22 And when he had said this, he breathed on them, and saith unto them, Receive ye the Holy Ghost.

Man began as a true offspring of God since a part of the Fathers life was directly given to the earthly physical creation to make it alive. God did not create life. Life has always existed within the Father.
so, Gen 1:27? How do you square that? ty

KBCid

Dec 22, 2011
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
so, Gen 1:27? How do you square that? ty

Genesis 1:27 So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.

quite simple actually. Was the spirit of God created? nope. Neither is our spirit created. The body was created / formed as it is written but life was a gift from God;

Genesis 2:7 And the Lord God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.

The body or temple was formed / created and then God gave man life by giving a part of themselves. Do you see anywhere that God said let man become a living soul? nope. God gave of himself so that we could be his image.