The man of lawlessness

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I must exhort everyone away from Blasphemy. And by the bible we know that only certain children of God have ever been given the authority to forgive or retain sins. They were the Apostles of God.

1 John 20:23 If you forgive the sins of any, they are forgiven them; if you retain the sins of any, they are retained.”

That the lawless one or son of perdition. "That he sits as God in the temple of God, showing himself that he is God."

2 Thessalonians 2:9 The coming of the lawless one is according to the working of Satan, with all power, signs, and lying wonders, 10 and with all unrighteous deception among those who perish, because they did not receive the love of the truth, that they might be saved. 11 And for this reason God will send them strong delusion, that they should believe the lie, 12 that they all may be condemned who did not believe the truth but had pleasure in unrighteousness.

Matthew 7:22 Many will say to Me in that day, ‘Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in Your name, cast out demons in Your name, and done many wonders in Your name?’ 23 And then I will declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness!’

2 Thessalonians 2: 3 Let no one deceive you by any means; for that Day will not come unless the falling away comes first, and the man of sin is revealed, the son of perdition, 4 who opposes and exalts himself above all that is called God or that is worshiped, so that he sits as God in the temple of God, showing himself that he is God. 5 Do you not remember that when I was still with you I told you these things?

If you understand what I am describing here, then great. I don't mean this as an attack, just a caution.

Reactions: David in NJ

FaithWillDo

Mar 1, 2023
Fort Collins, CO, USA
www.greatmysteryofchrist.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I must exhort everyone away from Blasphemy. And by the bible we know that only certain children of God have ever been given the authority to forgive or retain sins. They were the Apostles of God.

1 John 20:23 If you forgive the sins of any, they are forgiven them; if you retain the sins of any, they are retained.”

That the lawless one or son of perdition. "That he sits as God in the temple of God, showing himself that he is God."

2 Thessalonians 2:9 The coming of the lawless one is according to the working of Satan, with all power, signs, and lying wonders, 10 and with all unrighteous deception among those who perish, because they did not receive the love of the truth, that they might be saved. 11 And for this reason God will send them strong delusion, that they should believe the lie, 12 that they all may be condemned who did not believe the truth but had pleasure in unrighteousness.

Matthew 7:22 Many will say to Me in that day, ‘Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in Your name, cast out demons in Your name, and done many wonders in Your name?’ 23 And then I will declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness!’

2 Thessalonians 2: 3 Let no one deceive you by any means; for that Day will not come unless the falling away comes first, and the man of sin is revealed, the son of perdition, 4 who opposes and exalts himself above all that is called God or that is worshiped, so that he sits as God in the temple of God, showing himself that he is God. 5 Do you not remember that when I was still with you I told you these things?

If you understand what I am describing here, then great. I don't mean this as an attack, just a caution.
Dear dev553344,
You said:
I must exhort everyone away from Blasphemy.

The apostasy of the church (the falling away) occurred shortly after Paul's death, not sparing the flock. The apostasy was caused by the coming of the spirit of anti-Christ whose deceptions were so powerful, that it could have deceived even the very Elect (the Apostles) if they had not been converted prior to its coming.

Mat 24:24 For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect.

Acts 20:29 For I know this, that after my departing shall grievous wolves enter in among you, not sparing the flock. 30 Also of your own selves shall men arise, speaking perverse things, to draw away disciples after them. 31 Therefore watch, and remember, that by the space of three years I ceased not to warn every one night and day with tears.

However, the unconverted church was easy prey for the wolves after the Apostles deaths. And even before that time, the spirit of anti-Christ was already effecting the churches:

1John 2:18 Little children, it is the last time: and as ye have heard that antichrist shall come, even now are there many antichrists; whereby we know that it is the last time.

Since the end of the 1st century, the church has been under the influence of the spirit of anti-Christ. This spirit is the second beast of the Revelation chapter 13. When the spirit of anti-Christ enters into a new believer who has only received the earnest of the spirit (Early Rain), they will become a man of sin or as John was shown, they will become the Beast with Seven Heads w/10 horns and crowns. This Seven Headed Beast beast a fallen away believer in the apostate church.

Because the deceptions of the apostate church are so powerful, 100% of all new believers will fall victim to it. No one can avoid it happening to them.

Christ said it this way:

Mat 12:43 When the unclean spirit is gone out of a man, he walketh through dry places, seeking rest, and findeth none. 44 Then he saith, I will return into my house from whence I came out; and when he is come, he findeth it empty, swept, and garnished. 45 Then goeth he, and taketh with himself SEVEN other spirits more wicked than himself, and they enter in and dwell there: and the last state of that man is worse than the first. Even so shall it be also unto this wicked generation.

The spiritual symbol of an unclean spirit represents a spirit which teaches Satan's false truth through lies and deceptions.

Since a new believer remains spiritually blind (Mark 8:21-25) after receiving the Early Rain of the Spirit (the Holy Spirit of Promise, Eph 1:13-14), they cannot replace their worldly false beliefs with the truth of Christ. ONE unclean spirit leaves but comes back with SEVEN more. The number "seven" represents perfection. In this case, the number seven represents the perfection of Satan's lies/deceptions which come to a believer by the indwelling of the spirit of anti-Christ. Now, instead of ONE unclean spirit within the believer, they now have EIGHT. The number eight is a spiritual symbol which represents a new spiritual condition. In this case, the new spiritual condition is worse than the first.

This "worse than the first" spiritual condition causes the believer to become a False Prophet, a Man of Sin, a Minister of Satan, an anti-Christ and a Seven Headed Beast with Ten Horns & Crowns.

Since all the Elect will fall prey to the spirit of anti-Christ, they will spent their time in the wilderness with the believers who are not chosen. And just as the Parable of the Ten Virgins teaches, all ten virgins will "sleep and slumber" at night.

For the Elect though, Christ will not let them die in this worsen spiritual condition. He will come to them a second time and pour the baptism of the Holy Spirit (also called the Latter Rain) on them. This baptism is what the 120 Jewish Elect received on the Day of Pentecost and was what Paul received after he was blinded and in Damascus for three days.

When the Holy Spirit is poured out, the Spirit will heal the fallen away believer's spiritual blindness. Now with "eyes that can see", the newly "born again" believer will "see" the Abomination of Desolation (Mat 24:15) that had previously occurred when the spirit of anti-Christ entered them. Also at that time, the man of sin will be revealed to the believer and they will see that he is the one who is looking at them in the mirror. When these events occur, Christ says for the believer to flee to the mountains (Mat 24:16) because judgment is about to fall on the man of sin (Gomorrah) and the Great Harlot (Sodom, type for the carnal nature). This is from the story of Lot which is a "type" for an Elect believer's moment of conversion.

Does any of what I presented above make any sense to you?

Joe

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thanks @FaithWillDo. I actually asked the Mods to delete the thread and they indicated they had. Not sure why it's still available. Must have been a mistake, sorry.

Since it's not deleted I will leave it, but I only posted this as a warning for those who understand.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As I see it I see heretical teachings that are dangerous from the church as well as some of the protestant spin offs. I will leave it at that so that I am not being offensive to members.

FaithWillDo

Mar 1, 2023
Fort Collins, CO, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Dear dev553344,
You said:
I must exhort everyone away from Blasphemy.

The apostasy of the church (the falling away) occurred shortly after Paul's death, not sparing the flock. The apostasy was caused by the coming of the spirit of anti-Christ whose deceptions were so powerful, that it could have deceived even the very Elect (the Apostles) if they had not been converted prior to its coming.

Mat 24:24 For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect.

Acts 20:29 For I know this, that after my departing shall grievous wolves enter in among you, not sparing the flock. 30 Also of your own selves shall men arise, speaking perverse things, to draw away disciples after them. 31 Therefore watch, and remember, that by the space of three years I ceased not to warn every one night and day with tears.

However, the unconverted church was easy prey for the wolves after the Apostles deaths. And even before that time, the spirit of anti-Christ was already effecting the churches:

1John 2:18 Little children, it is the last time: and as ye have heard that antichrist shall come, even now are there many antichrists; whereby we know that it is the last time.

Since the end of the 1st century, the church has been under the influence of the spirit of anti-Christ. This spirit is the second beast of the Revelation chapter 13. When the spirit of anti-Christ enters into a new believer who has only received the earnest of the spirit (Early Rain), they will become a man of sin or as John was shown, they will become the Beast with Seven Heads w/10 horns and crowns. This Seven Headed Beast beast a fallen away believer in the apostate church.

Because the deceptions of the apostate church are so powerful, 100% of all new believers will fall victim to it. No one can avoid it happening to them.

Christ said it this way:

Mat 12:43 When the unclean spirit is gone out of a man, he walketh through dry places, seeking rest, and findeth none. 44 Then he saith, I will return into my house from whence I came out; and when he is come, he findeth it empty, swept, and garnished. 45 Then goeth he, and taketh with himself SEVEN other spirits more wicked than himself, and they enter in and dwell there: and the last state of that man is worse than the first. Even so shall it be also unto this wicked generation.

The spiritual symbol of an unclean spirit represents a spirit which teaches Satan's false truth through lies and deceptions.

Since a new believer remains spiritually blind (Mark 8:21-25) after receiving the Early Rain of the Spirit (the Holy Spirit of Promise, Eph 1:13-14), they cannot replace their worldly false beliefs with the truth of Christ. ONE unclean spirit leaves but comes back with SEVEN more. The number "seven" represents perfection. In this case, the number seven represents the perfection of Satan's lies/deceptions which come to a believer by the indwelling of the spirit of anti-Christ. Now, instead of ONE unclean spirit within the believer, they now have EIGHT. The number eight is a spiritual symbol which represents a new spiritual condition. In this case, the new spiritual condition is worse than the first.

This "worse than the first" spiritual condition causes the believer to become a False Prophet, a Man of Sin, a Minister of Satan, an anti-Christ and a Seven Headed Beast with Ten Horns & Crowns.

Since all the Elect will fall prey to the spirit of anti-Christ, they will spent their time in the wilderness with the believers who are not chosen. And just as the Parable of the Ten Virgins teaches, all ten virgins will "sleep and slumber" at night.

For the Elect though, Christ will not let them die in this worsen spiritual condition. He will come to them a second time and pour the baptism of the Holy Spirit (also called the Latter Rain) on them. This baptism is what the 120 Jewish Elect received on the Day of Pentecost and was what Paul received after he was blinded and in Damascus for three days.

When the Holy Spirit is poured out, the Spirit will heal the fallen away believer's spiritual blindness. Now with "eyes that can see", the newly "born again" believer will "see" the Abomination of Desolation (Mat 24:15) that had previously occurred when the spirit of anti-Christ entered them. Also at that time, the man of sin will be revealed to the believer and they will see that he is the one who is looking at them in the mirror. When these events occur, Christ says for the believer to flee to the mountains (Mat 24:16) because judgment is about to fall on the man of sin (Gomorrah) and the Great Harlot (Sodom, type for the carnal nature). This is from the story of Lot which is a "type" for an Elect believer's moment of conversion.

Does any of what I presented above make any sense to you?

Joe
Dear dev553344,
Why would you want to delete your thread? It is a very important subject that needs discussing and it applies to everyone who comes to Christ.
Joe

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Dear dev553344,
Why would you want to delete your thread? It is a very important subject that needs discussing and it applies to everyone who comes to Christ.
Joe
Well it might be a duplicate of another thread started by another member. So I had asked them to delete it.

Emily Nghiem

Jun 16, 2021
Houston
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I would clarify that the Apostles HELP people agree and ask for God's grace and forgiveness through Christ.
But none of us can do that FOR others. Even when we pray, those prayers are for God to transform that person through Christ.
They still have to go through the steps to decide and will and pray and ask for God's forgiveness to receive it.
God's forgiveness only works when each person agrees asks and decides by our own free will.

Nobody, not even God can "force us to forgive" but only grants this when we ask by our own choosing.
so not even Jesus or the Apostles can make this happen, it all depends on each person agreeing to receive.

Jesus asked people to receive Him and never could force anyone to believe.
Same with the Apostles, they can help others but the choice to ask and receive remains with each person.

FaithWillDo

Mar 1, 2023
Fort Collins, CO, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I would clarify that the Apostles HELP people agree and ask for God's grace and forgiveness through Christ.
But none of us can do that FOR others. Even when we pray, those prayers are for God to transform that person through Christ.
They still have to go through the steps to decide and will and pray and ask for God's forgiveness to receive it.
God's forgiveness only works when each person agrees asks and decides by our own free will.

Nobody, not even God can "force us to forgive" but only grants this when we ask by our own choosing.
so not even Jesus or the Apostles can make this happen, it all depends on each person agreeing to receive.

Jesus asked people to receive Him and never could force anyone to believe.
Same with the Apostles, they can help others but the choice to ask and receive remains with each person.
Dear Emily Nghiem,
Only God the Father has a "free will". Mankind does not. When a person is converted and saved, it happens solely because Christ decided to make it happen. For those in this present age, they are "predestinated" and "chosen" from the foundation of the world to be saved now. No one else will be saved because Christ is not working to save them at this time.

Consider these scriptures below which teach that mankind does not have a "free will" ability to choose:

Eph 1:11 In whom also we have obtained an inheritance, being predestinated according to the purpose of him who worketh all things after the counsel of his own will:

Mat 22:14 For many are called, but few are chosen.

John 1:12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name: 13 Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.

Jer 10:23 I know, Jehovah, that the way of man is not his own; it is not in a man that walketh to direct his steps.

Prov 20:24 Man's goings are of the LORD; how can a man then understand his own way?

Rom 9:11 (For the children being not yet born, neither having done any good or evil, that the purpose of God according to election might stand, not of works, but of him that calleth.

Dan 4:35 And all the inhabitants of the earth are reputed as nothing; and he doeth according to his will in the army of the heavens, and among the inhabitants of the earth; and none can stay his hand, or say unto him, What doest thou?

God purposely created mankind to be carnal and sinful. In that condition, no person will come to Christ or "choose" Him as you say. Christ must act first within the person to change their heart. He does so by giving them the Early Rain of the Spirit. With the Spirit, they will then "choose" Christ and call Him Lord. Without the Spirit, they will continue to reject Him.

Rom 3:10 As it is written, there is none righteous, no, not one: 11 There is none that understandeth, there is none that seeketh after God.

Prov 16:1 The preparations of the heart in man, and the answer of the tongue, is from the LORD.

1Cor 12:3 Wherefore I give you to understand, that no man speaking by the Spirit of God calleth Jesus accursed: and that no man can say that Jesus is the Lord, but by the Holy Spirit.

Christ is the Savior of the world and He has a plan to save us all. In this age, He is only saving the people who were chosen to be saved before they were even born. They are considered "blessed" and are called the Elect, the First Fruits of Christ's harvest of mankind. In the final age, Christ will save the balance of mankind. No one will be eternally lost after Christ has completed His work.

1John 4:14 And we have seen and do testify that the Father sent the Son to be the Savior of the world.

By the end of the final age, all who have died "in Adam" will be made alive "in Christ". Only then will God be "all in all":

1Cor 15:20 But now Christ is risen from the dead, and has become the firstfruits of those who have fallen asleep. 21 For since by man came death, by man came also the resurrection from the dead. 22 For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive. 23 But every man in his own order: Christ the first fruits; afterward they that are Christ's at his coming (the Elect, this age). 24 Then cometh the consummation (the rest of mankind, final age), when he shall have delivered up the kingdom to God, even the Father; when he shall have put down all rule and all authority and power. 25 For he must reign, till he hath put all enemies under his feet. 26 The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death. 27 For he hath put all things under his feet. But when he saith all things are put under him, it is manifest that he is excepted, which did put all things under him. 28 And when all things shall be subdued unto him, then shall the Son also himself be subject unto him that put all things under him, that God may be all in all.

The false teaching that mankind has a free will ability is a lie of the apostate church. That is why scripture says that the members of Satan's church sit in God's Temple (themselves) claiming to be God (saying that they have free will ability to act separately from God's will).

Christ loves all mankind and has a plan to save all mankind. Some people are blessed (the election) to be saved early but most are not. Because the Elect have been given faith, they trust the Lord to accomplish all that His Father gave Him to accomplish. However, Christ's plan to accomplish the salvation of mankind will take two ages of time. Salvation is not limited to this age - only being a heir to the promise is limited to this present age. This is why the saints (the Elect) are shown to have patience:

Rev 13:10 He that leadeth into captivity shall go into captivity: he that killeth with the sword must be killed with the sword. Here is the patience and the faith of the saints.

One final point: Mankind is not saved because it is our "will" to be saved. We are saved because it is God's "will" to save us.

1Tim 2:3 For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Savior; 4 who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth. 5 For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus; 6 who gave himself a ransom for all, to be testified in due time.

Joe

Last edited: