The Man of Sin identified

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
If you read Rev 12-one finds the war in heaven=Rev 6:1-and the birth of Gods kingdom explained( Rev 12:5)-Thus 6:2--Satan and his angels cast down to the earth-Coming angry knowing his time was short-filled mens hearts with hatred-ww1( Rev 6:4) a disguise to attack the woman mentioned at Rev 12:12-13--which are these-Matt 24:45--the preaching of the good news of Gods kingdom started back up-door to door( Acts 20:20) it was satans attack on the woman. The JW leaders were arrested and thrown into prision until 1919?Why-By applying Jesus-LOVE,PEACE and UNITY by refusing to stand on both sides of that war of hatred. It stopped the preaching, but it picked back up in 1919. Because Gods will cannot be stopped. He tried again in ww2 to stop it.
The JW,s went to prison by applying Jesus--They as well went into the concentration camps. I truly believe that when Catholicism signed the concordance with Hitler to put him into power, payment was rid the earth of the servants of Jehovah( Jews and JW,S) who were exposing the false religions. There is no proof though. But then one must ask Why would a religion claiming to serve Jesus stand on both sides of wars of hatred blowing each others heads off for a power mad murdering sicko like Hitler?
It's a shame you can't deal with the text - your machine gun approach to the Word is very off putting and disrespects the structure of the Apocalypse.

However, I agree with your red text.

I know a lot of reformist believers stood their ground for Christ as conscientious objectors to the war - many killed and tortured.

F2F

Keiw

Jan 17, 2022
upstate NY
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's a shame you can't deal with the text - your machine gun approach to the Word is very off putting and disrespects the structure of the Apocalypse.

However, I agree with your red text.

I know a lot of reformist believers stood their ground for Christ as conscientious objectors to the war - many killed and tortured.

F2F
All of my post is truth.

Keiw

Jan 17, 2022
upstate NY
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sorry Keiw - you don't have Rev 6 right.
I surely do. The prophecy in Daniel points to 1914. Its the only way C.T.Russell could say in 1879-Peace will be taken from the earth in 1914-Rev 6:4)-and it was. ww1 a war like none before it.

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I surely do. The prophecy in Daniel points to 1914. Its the only way C.T.Russell could say in 1879-Peace will be taken from the earth in 1914-Rev 6:4)-and it was. ww1 a war like none before it.
As I thought!

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
You are so far away from that context it's mind blowing.

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
So let me get this right...you believe Revelation Chapter 6 jumps from the 7 churches (Ad 70-100) to 1914 when you founder said peace would be taken from the earth? And you beleive Rev 6 is WW1?

:watching and waiting:

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
@Keiw

Lets talk about the context of Rev 6:1-2

Now I watched when the Lamb opened one of the seven seals, and I heard one of the four living creatures say with a voice like thunder, “Come!” 2 And I looked, and behold, a white horse! And its rider had a bow, and a crown was given to him, and he came out conquering, and to conquer Re 6:1–2.

So lets speak to all the imagery here Keiw.

So in keeping with Rev 1:1 "things which must surely come to pass" and the fact the Christ was the one who could open the book to see those events which would affect the seven churches through to the Lord's return spanning some 2000 years.

What does the White horse represent in this Rev 1:1 context?

F2F

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Only if one lives in darkness and does not know truth.
So here we have a problem and the problem comes down to who or what our authority is. If we say things like, 'all my post is truth', one elevates oneself to the level of God and I doubt anybody is there. The only other option is that that person lives in a delusion.....and many do...... Is it wise to take that person seriously? I think not

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
So here we have a problem and the problem comes down to who or what our authority is. If we say things like, 'all my post is truth', one elevates oneself to the level of God and I doubt anybody is there. The only other option is that that person lives in a delusion.....and many do...... Is it wise to take that person seriously? I think not
There is truth Quiet...it's finding and proving it to yourself and then testing it with others which is the hard part. We have had those interactions - I don't have all truth, not even close! There are lots of things I'm hazy on.
F2F

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
There is truth Quiet...it's finding and proving it to yourself and then testing it with others which is the hard part. We have had those interactions - I don't have all truth, not even close! There are lots of things I'm hazy on.
F2F
There is only one who is Truth F2F. The question is, is he a reliable measure by which to determine the nature of 'truth' ?

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
There is only one who is Truth F2F. The question is, is he a reliable measure by which to determine the nature of 'truth' ?
I am the way the truth and the life.

I like how the Acts of the Apostles uses that phrase "the way".

F2F

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
What we can be sure of is if first century believers were raised and given membership here... most of what they would read would make no sense at all to them. 2000 years of theological invention would have them dumbfounded.

F2F

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
What we can be sure of is if first century believers were raised and given membership here... most of what they would read would make no sense at all to them. 2000 years of theological invention would have them dumbfounded.

F2F
No doubt. They also had their own issues and entrenched ways of seeing .....it's bloody struggle in any age to sort the flesh from the bones.

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
No doubt. They also had their own issues and entrenched ways of seeing .....it's bloody struggle in any age to sort the flesh from the bones.
Have you ever ask yourself the question.... why 66 books, 40 authors over 1700 years all writing to the same themes, but still so complex few people (groups) can boast having absolute truth! I'm super confident on the doctrine aspect of the Bible but I'm shaky on the order of events prophetically speaking.
F2F