The Man of Sin identified

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Have you ever ask yourself the question.... why 66 books, 40 authors over 1700 years all writing to the same themes, but still so complex few people (groups) can boast having absolute truth! I'm super confident on the doctrine aspect of the Bible but I'm shaky on the order of events prophetically speaking.
F2F
God speaks but men write what they think they heard him say. Men's hearing is filtered through their own culturally dependent paradigms. Most are not conscious that they have a paradigm or even know what it is.

I don't think that God is ever unclear but just as the native who found the coke bottle in his primitive domain in the film 'The God's must be crazy', they interpret poorly.

Jesus is the final word on interpreting God.....the book of Hebrews is clear on that. His seminal speech in Matthew 5 lays out the primary principles.

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Have you ever ask yourself the question.... why 66 books, 40 authors over 1700 years all writing to the same themes, but still so complex few people (groups) can boast having absolute truth! I'm super confident on the doctrine aspect of the Bible but I'm shaky on the order of events prophetically speaking.
F2F
Yeah, you're confident that nearly every major doctrine in the Bible is wrong!

Last edited:

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I am the way the truth and the life.

I like how the Acts of the Apostles uses that phrase "the way".

F2F
Tell me about The Way. Interpret scripture through This Way. Make every doctrine reflect The Way.

Paul, highly educated in the OT scriptures with unparalleled ambition says 'I count all things as loss compared to the surpassing excellence of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord....' Phillipians 3:8
Further....he says, 'For I determined to know nothing among you except Jesus Christ, and Him crucified...' 1 Corinthians 2:2

Definitively strong statements considering his background. I covet his insights into the mystery of the incarnation.
Doctrine is informed by this knowledge. With out it there are only words amounting to 'a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal.'
1 Corinthians 13:1

Keiw

Jan 17, 2022
upstate NY
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So let me get this right...you believe Revelation Chapter 6 jumps from the 7 churches (Ad 70-100) to 1914 when you founder said peace would be taken from the earth? And you beleive Rev 6 is WW1?

:watching and waiting:
Yes the ride of the white horse( Rev 6:1)= righteous war= the war in heaven. Satan and his angels cast to the earth coming angry knowing his time is short. Rev jumps around. Rev 12 explains the war in heaven) and the birth of Gods kingdom)=Rev 6:2-Rev 6:4=ww1 satan caused this. The false religions stood on both sides throwing Jesus away, Jesus' true religion refused. They represented-Love amongst yourselves over mortal govts will. They obeyed God as ruler rather than men.

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Tell me about The Way. Interpret scripture through This Way. Make every doctrine reflect The Way.

Paul, highly educated in the OT scriptures with unparalleled ambition says 'I count all things as loss compared to the surpassing excellence of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord....' Phillipians 3:8
Further....he says, 'For I determined to know nothing among you except Jesus Christ, and Him crucified...' 1 Corinthians 2:2
Firstly, I have shown you some of knowledge of "Christ" crucified and from my recollection you rejected all it.
Definitively strong statements considering his background. I covet his insights into the mystery of the incarnation.
There is no mystery and definately no incarnation. These are man-made notions instilled in you by someone else who has been infected.
Doctrine is informed by this knowledge. With out it there are only words amounting to 'a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal.'
1 Corinthians 13:1
Even the love Paul speaks of is misunderstood when looking at God's Character and how He planned the sacrifice of His Son and the reasons for doing so.

F2F

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Yes the ride of the white horse( Rev 6:1)= righteous war= the war in heaven. Satan and his angels cast to the earth coming angry knowing his time is short. Rev jumps around. Rev 12 explains the war in heaven) and the birth of Gods kingdom)=Rev 6:2-Rev 6:4=ww1
Go back to the chapter and consider the context for those early believers - it applies to them and not 1800 years later.

Keiw

Jan 17, 2022
upstate NY
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Keiw

Lets talk about the context of Rev 6:1-2

Now I watched when the Lamb opened one of the seven seals, and I heard one of the four living creatures say with a voice like thunder, “Come!” 2 And I looked, and behold, a white horse! And its rider had a bow, and a crown was given to him, and he came out conquering, and to conquer Re 6:1–2.

So lets speak to all the imagery here Keiw.

So in keeping with Rev 1:1 "things which must surely come to pass" and the fact the Christ was the one who could open the book to see those events which would affect the seven churches through to the Lord's return spanning some 2000 years.

What does the White horse represent in this Rev 1:1 context?

F2F
Righteous war-The crown = the birth of Gods kingdom in heaven. Rev 12 explains both points. The prophecy in Daniel said 2520 days from the removal of the last king in Jerusalem until Jesus got the crown-But it was 2520 years it actually meant-In the Ot a day for a year is mentioned-that applies to this prophecy since no king was there after 2520 days, or 50 years, or 100 years,etc it took 2520 years exactly-607bce + 2520= 1914=Rev 6:4-peacewill taken from the earth.

Keiw

Jan 17, 2022
upstate NY
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So here we have a problem and the problem comes down to who or what our authority is. If we say things like, 'all my post is truth', one elevates oneself to the level of God and I doubt anybody is there. The only other option is that that person lives in a delusion.....and many do...... Is it wise to take that person seriously? I think not
No not elevate one into Gods position, but has learned Gods truth from these-Matt 24:45

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I speak facts.
Thinking one is speaking facts is not necessarily synonymous with facts or speaking them.

Truth ultimately is a person. (Jesus said, I am The Truth) We are to bear witness to The Truth. Be a witness to The Truth and you have my ear. Give me a collection of information that bear no connection to The Truth and you establish your own measure.

Keiw

Jan 17, 2022
upstate NY
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus said he was The Truth. Tell me of him. Don't tell me about yourself, you have said enough.
I share Jesus teachings. Every trinitarian rejects them, because they do not know them nor are they taught correctly. Here is a super important teaching from Jesus, every true follower knows by heart already--Matt 6:33- Keep on seeking-FIRST- the kingdom and his ( YHWH(Jehovah)righteousness and all these things will be added( sustenance, covering, spirituality)--trinitarians are taught to seek Jesus' righteousness first because those teachers do not listen to him nor do they know him.

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
@Keiw Okay I can see what you have done with the 1st seal what do you do to 2-6?

Last edited:

Keiw

Jan 17, 2022
upstate NY
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thinking one is speaking facts is not necessarily synonymous with facts or speaking them.

Truth ultimately is a person. (Jesus said, I am The Truth) We are to bear witness to The Truth. Be a witness to The Truth and you have my ear. Give me a collection of information that bear no connection to The Truth and you establish your own measure.
Here is a super important truth from Jesus that every TRUE follower knows by heart already--Matt 6:33-Keep on seeking-FIRST- the kingdom and his(YHWH(Jehovah) righteousness and all these things will be added( sustenance, covering, spirituality) Matt 6)--Trinitarians are taught to seek Jesus' righteousness first because those teachers do not listen to Jesus nor do they know him.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Firstly, I have shown you some of knowledge of "Christ" crucified and from my recollection you rejected all it.

There is no mystery and definately no incarnation. These are man-made notions instilled in you by someone else who has been infected.

Even the love Paul speaks of is misunderstood when looking at God's Character and how He planned the sacrifice of His Son and the reasons for doing so.

F2F
Now I understand why you don't understand my language.....or Paul's for that matter.

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Now I understand why you don't understand my language.....or Paul's for that matter.
no, there was a Mystery but its been revealed - anyone who states so has created it in their own minds.

“I became a minister according to the stewardship from God . . . to make the word of God fully known, the mystery hidden for ages and generations but now revealed to his saints” (Col. 1:25-26)

Sorry quiet but maybe you didnt get the memo?

Last edited:

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
True, such has been the damage done to the Word over 2000 years.
The damage has been done to YOU, by Satan. He stole God's Word from your heart.

Mark 4
14 The sower sows the word. 15 And these are the ones by the wayside where the word is sown. When they hear, Satan comes immediately and takes away the word that was sown in their hearts.

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The damage has been done to YOU, by Satan. He stole God's Word from your heart.

Mark 4
14 The sower sows the word. 15 And these are the ones by the wayside where the word is sown. When they hear, Satan comes immediately and takes away the word that was sown in their hearts.
So you believe the Word is a literal seed you plant in the ground right?

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
What I've come to realise in our interactions is you generally believe the opposite to what the Bible teaches. I think this is something you would know in yourself but wouldn't acknowledge openly.
F2F

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
What I've come to realise in our interactions is you generally believe the opposite to what the Bible teaches. I think this is something you would know in yourself but wouldn't acknowledge openly.
F2F
I would call your statement here a projection.....one sufficiently clever to be hidden from yourself.