The Manifestating

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
I think "manifestating" is where you say a bunch of things that are very vague but sound good even though they are just empty slogans ...and these being proclaimed repeatedly...over and over. Whereas "manifesting" means something real is being brought out. And it can be explained and questions actually answered in a logical way. But that isn't the point of it.

Manifestating would then be a way of obscuring the truth but in a fervent type of way. It's about keeping the mysterious...well, mysterious and obscure. Kind of like what Picasso did with modern art. Maybe one day soon wikipedia will get hold of that word...to describe what many are doing to the gospel in the modern world. ;)

Just my surmising based on the OP. :)
well, but then your initial audience becomes out of reach, right, and you by necessity must speak to a different reader, which i dunno maybe that is the only way it works at all, in our culture anyway.
"sharp as a knife, but still a formula"

ha so in this really weird way we seek those who have eaten what is it? so that we dont have to try to lead or teach what it is at all. Which another way of saying that is that would-be leaders and teachers arise where no manna is being eaten, evabody eatin quail iow

Reactions: amadeus

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
well, but then your initial audience becomes out of reach, right, and you by necessity must speak to a different reader, which i dunno maybe that is the only way it works at all, in our culture anyway.
"sharp as a knife, but still a formula"

I see the OP like a work of art that one stands back and admires from a distance. What does it mean to convey? Well that's really up to the observer. It can mean different things to different people...as in...what is YOUR truth? The vagueness allows people to add in their own creative expression to the biblical narrative.

So then it isn't really doctrine in the strictest sense...but a transportable "impression" using biblical sounding words...putting them together in different ways and sculpting new word collages with these.

Manisfestating then is this visual experience of reading and saying..."what is he trying to say?"...but knowing that there is really nothing definite to it. It's whatever you want it to be. And a lot of people like that. It's basically entertainment of a sort.

Last edited:
Reactions: bbyrd009

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
I see the OP like a work of art that one stands back and admires from a distance. What does it mean to convey? Well that's really up to the observer. it can mean different things to different people...as in...what is YOUR truth?

So then it isn't really doctrine in the strictest sense...but a transportable "impression" using biblical sounding words...putting them together in different ways and sculpting new word collages with these.

Manisfestating then is this visual experience of reading ans saying...what is he trying to say?...but knowing that there is really nothing definite to it. it's whatever you want it to be. And a lot of people like that.
this is why i prefer questions, particularly ones that do not get replied to i guess, in US anyway...but the whole conversation dynamic is completely diff in US, where the Hegelian dialectic is the primary assumption, that cannot even be questioned, hence we must "keep pressing in" to his understanding, yeh?

i did a quick scan but i didnt note you asking any Qs, particularly could you maybe rephrase one of your objections as a Q, particularly one that wont likely get answered?

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
It never a competition between believers.
ah no, of course not, the competition is over and you have the high ground already, right? I mean this is the SOP with us, not just you of course. Btw youre reading faster than i can even edit lol. But see there is just a beginning assumption there, that produces/manifests, for real, a particular mindset, that we then pretend we can go amd learn stuff from, which we cannot

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No cats, but still confused, but no worries.

Keep pressing in. :)

Blessings,

Much love in Christ, Not me
Hi Not me,
Not sure here but, I have always known BAC as meaning Born Again Christian? Yes, I am also confused with the "cats" and "Elijah" lol.

Reactions: Helen and Not me

Not me

May 8, 2019
California, Ca.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ah no, of course not, the competition is over and you have the high ground already, right? I mean this is the SOP with us, not just you of course. Btw youre reading faster than i can even edit lol. But see there is just a beginning assumption there, that produces/manifests, for real, a particular mindset, that we then pretend we can go amd learn stuff from, which we cannot

I do believe the Spirit in you is quickening and checking you. Listen to that quickening for in that is your relationship with Christ. The more you listen to that checking the more your relationship will grow.

Keep pressing into Christ for from that relationship do all good things grow from.

Blessings,

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I do believe the Spirit in you is quickening and checking you. Listen to that quickening for in that is your relationship with Christ. The more you listen to that checking the more your relationship will grow.
Do you have any idea where bbyrd009 is coming from? Evidently you have not been checking out his posts carefully. He is a saboteur planting IEDs.

Not me

May 8, 2019
California, Ca.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi Not me,
Not sure here but, I have always known BAC as meaning Born Again Christian? Yes, I am also confused with the "cats" and "Elijah" lol.

Thanks, I had no clue. :)

Blessings,

Reactions: Nancy

Not me

May 8, 2019
California, Ca.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you have any idea where bbyrd009 is coming from? Evidently you have not been checking out his posts carefully. He is a saboteur planting IEDs.

I wish all people an increase in Christ that lay claim to Him. For Christ being formed inwardly is the only thing that can produce fruit.

Blessings,

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

And yet the very vagueness of the OP means that a person can say whatever they wish and this has no bearing on any possibility of sabotage. There is only danger involved where the truth can be misapplied or misappropriated to mean something it doesn't.

Reactions: bbyrd009 and Nancy

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
And yet the very vagueness of the OP means that a person can say whatever they wish and this has no bearing on any possibility of sabotage. There is only danger involved where the truth can be misapplied or misappropriated to mean something it doesn't.
i pretty much let ppl who profess to be wise say whatever they want, but ty, hopefully the point is not too obscure. Keep pressing in though, and nevermind any relationship to the competing concepts of "do it" v "let's do it" anyway right, someday we, too, might be as wise as them maybe :D
so ima go hang with the hos and the pimps some more, lemme know k epi, if you ever make it, maybe ill try!

Last edited:
Reactions: Episkopos

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Hi Not me,
born again christian, by any chance, either way you either got a cat or you dont i guess, right, "bac" is irrelevant to the concept being communicated iow? But he has no cats apparently.

so, "leave some for Elijah" is...ha, a thing Jewish ppl say, google could prolly splain that better too i guess, dunno...ha, ya, dunno what your Gsearch of "leave some for Elijah" with quotes returns, and i cant import mine here bc ipad, but you can maybe get a sense of what is meant by the phrase if you read between the nonsense maybe.

I thought it was a more or less cliche even among Christians, sorry. Something like...ya, i dont even want to muddy the pool there lol, obv Jews are still waiting for Elijah, so just a slangy way to say "for later" with certain undertones. Doesnt really matter, i'm strictly fodder for the cannon here anyway, should be pretty obv by now i guess; "the rest" has now been completely buried and forgotten, right, nevermind the rest, what rest lol

Last edited:
Reactions: Nancy and Episkopos

Not me

May 8, 2019
California, Ca.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Miss Hepburn;

Hi, hope this finds you well and growing in Christ.

To explain my meaning of;

“And that is because we are asking something that Christ is not offering”

As I stated later in the OP;

“The reason we don’t see much of Christ being manifested is because we would be saved from this or that set of circumstances. We would not be saved and delivered from that for which Christ died to set us free from and that is us. We are that which Christ came to save, to save us from ourselves.”

My meaning was the same as when the Jewish religious leaders of the day rejected Christ. Because they were looking for an outward Savior. Not an inward one, which was why Christ came, to be a sacrifice for all the wickedness of the self-life to take it to death with Him, thereby setting us free from the self-life. This is what I meant when I stated that people are asking for what Christ did not offer. Christ did not come as a outward Savior to save us from all the bad things that befall man. Christ came as a inward Savior to save us from our own inward wickedness and rebellion.

Hope is helps with my meaning and understanding.

Many blessings,

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Christ came as a inward Savior to save us from our own inward wickedness and rebellion.
What is that supposed to mean? :) Another artwork manisfestating itself.

An inward saviour? The sheer vagueness of that.

Of course who would believe in someone who could save us from our sins...even exterior sins? Like it says in the bible. But the truth sounds too direct...too understandable.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Hi Not me,

And that makes three of us :D

Reactions: Nancy

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
had any actual conversation yet today, @Episkopos ? Had even like one concept held in two minds for more than one post yet, a single back-forth-back on the same subject, maybe? got a link? kinda jonesing i guess ty

Reactions: Episkopos