The Manifestating

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Not me

May 8, 2019
California, Ca.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What? What is that supposed to mean?

"so no offense but i dont see where i made any 'suggestions concerning you' at all, where did that come from?"
"ok, as you wish"
thats a meaningful reply? iyo?

I believe I was quoting you was I not?

“but if i were to suggest that you are hopelessly mired in a Mithraist Jesus Cult and had turned Jesus into your Apollos to come and take you away like Calgon, is Calgon even taking ppl away any more?

To this suggestion I was referring to. But this conversation is really totally of the flesh, so I’m going to bow out and wish you well in Christ.

Blessings,

Much love in Christ, Not me

Reactions: Helen

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
see if you resist the devil, he gotta go yo. You will always end up with the field, dont care if he bought and paid for it, and questions is all it ever takes i guess. Right out of the Bible of course, preferably, bc believers hate the Bible the very most, which seems completely bonkers but see they are not really believers anyway, and if you doubt me just ask them what one of their beliefs is and see what happens.

i mean i guess gotta be some "believers" somewheres bc after all we got the term and all, but danged if i have yet to ever meet one, not in forty years of active searching and asking, in the US anyway. Well i met quite a few really but none of them would ever describe themselves as "believers" was the point there.

Not me

May 8, 2019
California, Ca.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
see if you resist the devil, he gotta go yo. You will always end up with the field, dont care if he bought and paid for it, and questions is all it ever takes i guess. Right out of the Bible of course, preferably, bc believers hate the Bible the very most, which seems completely bonkers but see they are not really believers anyway, and if you doubt me just ask them what one of their beliefs is and see what happens.

i mean i guess gotta be some "believers" somewheres bc after all we got the term and all, but danged if i have yet to ever meet one, not in forty years of active searching and asking, in the US anyway. Well i met quite a few really but none of them would ever describe themselves as "believers" was the point there.

I guess the witness of the Spirit is called for.

Blessings,

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
i know this is harsh, ok, this is not pleasant, but anyone tells you that they are saved and Jesus died for their sins in that certain way is full of crap, ok, and you can tell there just like you can here, no offense meant to the op either, its just human nature and the nature of believers, it isnt even a bad thing, believers turn into absolute truthers, all tryna save their souls, and they all lose their souls, just like the Bible says they will. "Lost soul," even he who seeks to save his soul will lose it, these are pretty much steps we all walk through yeh?

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
I guess the witness of the Spirit is called for.

Blessings,

ah, i think Epi already got his fill prolly, or gone for the day. might get another witness though, but yikes i mean what Spirit bro, the Spirit of "I dont know, and dont have to be prepared to give a defense?"

Are we gonna talk about feelings now not me? I mean its your thread ok but if you cant answer my simple student Christian 101 questions--ok maybe 102, or 201, dunno, never went to college--i mean how you gonna even know when the witness gets here? Bc he is going to agree with you, right?

i mean pls tell me you see how self serving that is, ok, on some level anyway?

fwiw im surely not near as decent a person as you anyway, ok. totally serious

Last edited:

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Wow, no, just wish you well in Christ.

Blessings,

ok bro well ol Preach said it plain as day when you were comin up outta that water i guess, and you dint lissen to him, and you dint lissen to Epi, and youre not hearing me either, so i mean who's next? You thank if one of the dead come back and tell you, you maybe hear them? Got that covered too, see, you and your sons will be here with me brother, and you can take that to the bank i guess ok?
You and your sons will be here with me

Not me

May 8, 2019
California, Ca.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ok bro well ol Preach said it plain as day when you were comin up outta that water i guess, and you dint lissen to him, and you dint lissen to Epi, and youre not hearing me either, so i mean who's next? You thank if one of the dead come back and tell you, you maybe hear them? Got that covered too, see, you and your sons will be here with me brother, and you can take that to the bank i guess ok?
You and your sons will be here with me

Blessings,

Hope in God

May 29, 2019
TAMPA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am aware of the teaching that says the gifts are not for the present time. I find no ring of truth in that teaching. For Christ was given once and for all to mankind and we can have as much or little of Him as our hearts desire.
How do we have as much or little of Him? Are you saying we must adhere to a method? What is that method? Pray three times a day, give more money, speak in tongues longer, attend church more often, witness every Saturday? How do we get this "more" you write of? Better attitudes? A gentler personality?

We all are growing in Him as best we know how as we wade through all the responsibilities in this life. What should I set aside to prove my worthiness? I like to read, and have been on a Civil War kick for the last couple of weeks. Should I sacrifice secular interests?

Reactions: bbyrd009

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
I believe I was quoting you was I not?

“but if i were to suggest that you are hopelessly mired in a Mithraist Jesus Cult and had turned Jesus into your Apollos to come and take you away like Calgon, is Calgon even taking ppl away any more?

To this suggestion I was referring to.
ok, my bad, why were you referring to it then? I mean, no offense, but you didnt make any additional refences other than to refer to the reference that was referreed to, right? Out of that whole post, you chose this to refer to, and then make no salient comment upon? Can you say why?

But this conversation is really totally of the flesh,

Blessings,

Much love in Christ, Not
conversation? what conversation? and what iyo makes this conversation totally of the flesh? Oh, not opinion i guess, sorry, Absolute Truth, the way you said it anyway, yeh? Didnt mean to even inadvertently diminish what you are saying there ok, bc i dont know, you might be right, ok. I'm just not real clear how

Reactions: Not me

Not me

May 8, 2019
California, Ca.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How do we have as much or little of Him? Are you saying we must adhere to a method? What is that method? Pray three times a day, give more money, speak in tongues longer, attend church more often, witness every Saturday? How do we get this "more" you write of? Better attitudes? A gentler personality?

We all are growing in Him as best we know how as we wade through all the responsibilities in this life. What should I set aside to prove my worthiness? I like to read, and have been on a Civil War kick for the last couple of weeks. Should I sacrifice secular interests?

Only your heart and your personal relationship with Him can answer those questions. For each hearts calling and seasons are different. But listening you are and in the listening will the growth be found.

Blessings,

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country

i'm thinking maybe flagellation is not out of the question here prolly?

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Blessings,

Why do you bother ...he is just he heckler you.. as he does others . He used to post good posts , now he is just bitter and always negative. He needs prayer.

Helen

Reactions: Not me

Not me

May 8, 2019
California, Ca.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why do you bother ...he is just he heckler you.. as he does others . He used to post good posts , now he is just bitter and always negative. He needs prayer.

Helen

Hi;

Love hopes all things.

I have to be obedient to what my personal relationship with Christ is telling, teaching, directing me to.

I have to try and present the full council of God to the degree I know it. Anything less would be sin between God and myself. Doesn't matter if it’s received or not. For the greatest gift of love I can give anybody and everybody is to make myself 100% obedient to the Lord Jesus Christ for that is the standard I will be measured against

But I think the time has come.

Blessings,

Last edited:
Reactions: marks and Helen

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
i mean like "God, Forgive Me" is currently the number 1 christian single, right, at least i'm hearing it fitty times a day, driving me insane lol
Bible Search: God forgive me
i mean why fight the obvious

Ha, not a single hit...but there are the other scriptures that say the same thing in different words.
born again christian, by any chance, either way you either got a cat or you dont i guess, right, "bac" is irrelevant to the concept being communicated iow? But he has no cats apparently.

so, "leave some for Elijah" is...ha, a thing Jewish ppl say, google could prolly splain that better too i guess, dunno...ha, ya, dunno what your Gsearch of "leave some for Elijah" with quotes returns, and i cant import mine here bc ipad, but you can maybe get a sense of what is meant by the phrase if you read between the nonsense maybe.

I thought it was a more or less cliche even among Christians, sorry. Something like...ya, i dont even want to muddy the pool there lol, obv Jews are still waiting for Elijah, so just a slangy way to say "for later" with certain undertones. Doesnt really matter, i'm strictly fodder for the cannon here anyway, should be pretty obv by now i guess; "the rest" has now been completely buried and forgotten, right, nevermind the rest, what rest lol

I got only 5 hits on "leave some for Elijah"...not splainin allot, lol. Except for Elijah being invited for the Seder meal, and "the cup of Elijah"...
Fodder for the cannon, ha...aren't we all?