The Manifestating

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Ha, not a single hit...but there are the other scriptures that say the same thing in different words.
so you say, but if you Quote them we could see that the premise is flawed, yes, men suggest asking God for forgiveness even in Scripture, but you will not find it acknowledged by God or Christ anywhere, bc we are supposed to confess our sins, not ask for forgiveness. If we confess our sins God is faithful and just to forgive us, right? But we seek the forgiveness of men!
Ha, not a single hit...but there are the other scriptures that say the same thing in different words.

I got only 5 hits on "leave some for Elijah"...not splainin allot, lol. Except for Elijah being invited for the Seder meal, and "the cup of Elijah"...
Fodder for the cannon, ha...aren't we all?
ah well, i sure hope i am not ignoring your valid points here, not addressing them or just pretending they arent even there if they conflict with a point i hope to make? We are having an actual conversation, arent we? I might even be shown to be wrong, up there? I am left open, have allowed for the possibility that i might be wrong up there?

as to "leave some for Elijah," many Jews are Zionists, just like many/most Christians, and they seek a literal fulfillment, and dont recognize that Elijah already came back, like we do--nor the implications of that, for Christians, but nevermind that for now, we're light-years away from that i guess--So anyway they are waiting for Elijah just like most Christians are waiting for Jesus.

So "leave some for Elijah" is either a Zionist acknowledgement of a literal kingdom coming, with a literal descendant of David wearing a literal crown, in a literal Jerusalem, or a bad attempt at a little joke, like i meant it :)

Last edited:

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Is a woman who is pregnant outwardly, inwardly responsible for the child she is carrying? Or... is she not responsible for the well-being of the child in her womb?

I would think that we both agree that she is responsible.

Can we agree that we are indeed responsible for our actions in the body? That the Holy Spirit actually makes us more responsible for our actions. And that we will each render an account for what we have done in the body...personally before the Lord?

Or like Bono once said...I don't believe in the gun that just went off in my hand.

Can we do as Pilate and wash our hands of our own responsibilities?

Just some thoughts. :)

Good morning...
I haven't read the posts between your post here and this of mine...I will catch up on them after.

I just posted to you in another thread...maybe you have seen it already?

Somewhere we seem to be 'missing each other' like ships in the night.
Obviously I am not getting something...

See link to this post, to save repeating here. It is my response.
Is Jesus the only Way?

Reactions: Nancy

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I got only 5 hits on "leave some for Elijah"...not splainin allot, lol. Except for Elijah being invited for the Seder meal, and "the cup of Elijah"...
Fodder for the cannon, ha...aren't we all?
I could be wrong on this as it is only a memory of something I heard or read somewhere. Among the Jewish faithful or traditional because of the following verse they await Elijah as the forerunner of the Messiah. So they actually leave some of their food for him to confirm that they really are waiting [similar in a way to leaving cookies and milk for Santa Claus or Father Christmas]. Of course since most of them missed or denied the arrival of John the Baptist and Jesus as the fulfillment of the prophecy some may still continue to "leave some for Elijah".

"Behold, I will send you Elijah the prophet before the coming of the great and dreadful day of the LORD:" Mal 4:5

Jesus does speak of this here:

"And his disciples asked him, saying, Why then say the scribes that Elias must first come?
And Jesus answered and said unto them, Elias truly shall first come, and restore all things.
But I say unto you, That Elias is come already, and they knew him not, but have done unto him whatsoever they listed. Likewise shall also the Son of man suffer of them.
Then the disciples understood that he spake unto them of John the Baptist." Matt 17:10-13

Someone else may have a better memory or explanation of that expression, but that is all the detail I have without searching it further.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I still must believe strongly that God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble, despite what is around me.
Of course God has chosen the poor in this world to be rich in faith.

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
joy like you never experienced it before.

Philippians 4:4 . . . Rejoice in the Lord always . . .

Rejoice . . . chairete . . . root word of charis . . . grace . . . God's power in us

If we are living in God's grace . . . we rejoice.

Much love!

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
I used to think that God wanted intimacy with me more than anything in the world and I was convinced that the most important thing for me was intimacy with Him. I believed it with all my heart.

While God does look for that connection with us, I learned that there are things He wants even more than that.

Humility and the fear of the Lord.

God really has no favourites. It's all about our attitude. God must and will judge us fairly by our works. So then there is no favouritism that gets in the way of His righteous judging. (now I could explain this better in person)

God doesn't want us to see ourselves as the final destination of His love. We are in fact expected to allow His love flow through us into the world. There is a great danger for us in thinking that God and we as individuals are as exclusive lovers.

We show our love for God by obedience to His commands and His will. There is no intimacy that preempts this basic way of walking. His power then comes to rest on us as we take a low place. His grace is given to us in our weakness.

If we think too much about how close we are to God, then pride is not far away.

Better to remain in a humble attitude.
you know what, i dunno if i could have gone there but i think you nailed it here Epi, ty

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There you are! :) Thanks for the honesty at last. I prefer your insults to your fake love. That attitude you are displaying now (with your contrived false accusations) was always there...hiding in plain sight...at least to me.
I was just glancing over this. You are happy to have needled someone into a reaction. Bravo!

Not me

May 8, 2019
California, Ca.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I was just glancing over this. You are happy to have needled someone into a reaction. Bravo!

Well I’m the one he needled into a reaction and my reaction was out of self and the fruit of self did I reap. But God uses all things for growth, so to Him my eyes turn back to and may God heal all my expressions of self.

Blessings,

Much love in Christ, Not me

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well I’m the one he needled into a reaction and my reaction was out of self and the fruit of self did I reap. But God uses all things for growth, so to Him my eyes turn back to and may God heal all my expressions of self.

Blessings,

It brings into focus something I didn't understand at the time, when I read in one of the replies on a thread, well, let's just say, one of the lines in this post was, "I'm just trying to find the real you." Like I said, I didn't get it then, but I get it now, and it's sad on many levels.

In this world you shall have persecution. Remember what Jesus said.

Much love!

Reactions: Not me

Not me

May 8, 2019
California, Ca.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It brings into focus something I didn't understand at the time, when I read in one of the replies on a thread, well, let's just say, one of the lines in this post was, "I'm just trying to find the real you." Like I said, I didn't get it then, but I get it now, and it's sad on many levels.

In this world you shall have persecution. Remember what Jesus said.

Much love!

You blessed my heart. For the discerning wisdom and insight shown in this response is proof positive of Christ living His life in and through you.

Blessings my fellow laborer in Christ may He continue to grow Himself in us.