The Mark of the Beast (what it really is explained)

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But the mark is given by the beast, not God. God gave us work.

This is pure speculation. It's about people killing each other, not a virus killing people. Obviously a reference to war.
There is peace right now, unprecedented. All are waiting for the ax to fall, because all are getting stir crazy. It has not even been 7 months since covid19 started in China. It has not even been 2 months since arriving in the US. How long do you want war, famine, and being attacked by wild beast to go on? The shorter the better should be the correct answer. Why rush killing millions of people?

Work is the mark. Think about it. People for the most part have to work, so they can be paid. When paid you can buy goods like food and luxury items. Satan will control unlimited good supplies. How humans get those does not change, cause it is still work. Now humans will have permanent marks declaring that work is their god, and the means whereby Satan blesses them.

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I agree as well, but the trumpets come after the seals. John saw the first two seals of Revelation 6:1-4 as covid19.
"Next I watched as the Lamb broke the first of the seven seals, and I heard one of the four living beings say in a thundering voice, “Go!”
2 I looked, and there in front of me was a white horse; its rider had a bow and was given a crown; and he rode off as a conqueror to conquer.
3 When he broke the second seal, I heard the second living being say, “Go!”
4 Another horse went out, a red one; and its rider was given the power to take peace away from the earth and make people slaughter each other. He was given a great sword."
I am not so sure of the typical, progressive and chronological approach that most apply to Rev.
We are dealing with the Eternal Mind of God speaking in Revelations, who is and speaks in the past, present and future all at the same time.
In Rev., we see many things spoken of, that we know are in the past. Some things are now happening, and others, of which is Rev. 9, are immediately in our future or are not that far off.

For example: much confusion rules of how one should interpret "MBtG, tMoH".
I for one have run the gamut on all the speculations that are out there, and have become firmly seated in knowing that Jerusalem/the nation of Israel, is that "fallen woman". For all intent and purposes, the "fallen woman" is being "CARRIED", and therefore does NOT "ride" the 10H Beast (KJV only).
In all of the NT scriptures, there are only two women that are spoken of symbolically and metaphorically:
1. Heaveny Jerusalem, which is above.
2. The Jerusalem which now is, on the earth.

For years, physical Jerusalem/Israel on earth, has remained to be nothing to speak of, but ever since the Banking Elite Rothchild family got involved with it, suddenly physical Israel/Jerusalem is raised up again. Really??
Have we forgotten God's words through Daniel of the 70 weeks, or is it more to the truth that MANY don't understand any of it, and therefore are misconstruing all of it?

Daniel 9:24-27
[27] And he (Jesus) shall confirm the (New) covenant with many for one week: and in the midst of the week he shall cause the (temple) sacrifice and the oblation to cease, and for the overspreading of abominations he shall make it desolate, even until the consummation, and that determined shall be poured upon the desolate.
Matthew 23[37] O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, thou that killest the prophets, and stonest them which are sent unto thee, how often would I have gathered thy children together, even as a hen gathereth her chickens under her wings, and ye would not!
[38] Behold, your house is left unto you desolate.
[39] For I say unto you (Jews), Ye shall not see (perceive) me henceforth, till ye shall say, Blessed is he (Born again Christians) that cometh (to you) in the name of the Lord.

* Note: all (insertions) are mine.

Renniks

Feb 3, 2020
Pennsylvania
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is peace right now, unprecedented. All are waiting for the ax to fall, because all are getting stir crazy. It has not even been 7 months since covid19 started in China. It has not even been 2 months since arriving in the US. How long do you want war, famine, and being attacked by wild beast to go on? The shorter the better should be the correct answer. Why rush killing millions of people?
Why do you assume millions are going to die?
We are having our restrictions lifted. I actually have not done much differently. I still work, still eat and so on. I'm not seeing any famine in this country.

Reactions: Joseph77

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why do you assume millions are going to die?
We are having our restrictions lifted. I actually have not done much differently. I still work, still eat and so on. I'm not seeing any famine in this country.
The virus is not the war, seal 2 is not war either. May, will be 6 or 7 months from the first outbreak. And we do not know if it was Oct. Or Nov. The end of the peace may go on for two more months, unless riots brake out before then. The third seal is not even war. The third seal is the startup of the economy or failure depending on who is claiming what. It is not until the 4th seal that war breaks out. People keep pointing out that covid19 has not killed 100's of millions of people like the Spanish flu 100 years ago. Covid19 is not about death and dying. It is about cooperation, relative peace, shut down of life and the economy. People in homes learning who they are as a family again. The hectic pace of mass movement all over the world did not stop, but it drastically changed as a way of life. It was like most parties being sent home to their various nations. Then when people think life is getting back to normal, what is normal? Well nation rising against nation to see who is top dog is normal.

Renniks

Feb 3, 2020
Pennsylvania
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The virus is not the war, seal 2 is not war either. May, will be 6 or 7 months from the first outbreak. And we do not know if it was Oct. Or Nov. The end of the peace may go on for two more months, unless riots brake out before then. The third seal is not even war. The third seal is the startup of the economy or failure depending on who is claiming what. It is not until the 4th seal that war breaks out. People keep pointing out that covid19 has not killed 100's of millions of people like the Spanish flu 100 years ago. Covid19 is not about death and dying. It is about cooperation, relative peace, shut down of life and the economy. People in homes learning who they are as a family again. The hectic pace of mass movement all over the world did not stop, but it drastically changed as a way of life. It was like most parties being sent home to their various nations. Then when people think life is getting back to normal, what is normal? Well nation rising against nation to see who is top dog is normal.
None of this explains why you believe that this virus is going to lead to the end of the world. It might well lead to packed churches after we get off lockdown. Yes, people are having life interrupted by peace in some cases or turmoil in others, both of which can lead people to deeper thinking about what is important, and bring them to God.

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
None of this explains why you believe that this virus is going to lead to the end of the world. It might well lead to packed churches after we get off lockdown. Yes, people are having life interrupted by peace in some cases or turmoil in others, both of which can lead people to deeper thinking about what is important, and bring them to God.
Do you think China sent out this virus to reduce pollution by 8%?

Do you think China knew before hand what this virus would do all over the world?

Do you believe God is in control? I believe God is in control and He is behind what happens with covid19. This virus did go around the world as a conqueror to conquer, did it not? No one has stopped it yet, nor removed it totally from the earth. The results are what no one on earth ever expected, even if some think it is just a biological weapon. A white horse having a rider with a bow is also a weapon.

dad

Apr 17, 2020
private
normanbruleart.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The mark of the beast, is not a literal physical mark.
Just as the seal of God (Revelation 7:3) is not a physical mark on the people of God.
How do you know His mark in that time will not be physical?
You cannot receive the seal of God without your willingness to serve the Lord and keep His commandments.
Those that choose to receive the devil's mark could say likewise.
A mark that must be spiritually discerned.
The mark is clearly seen, not 'spiritually discerned'. Much like a credit card, if you tried to tell a cashier that you had only a 'spiritually discerned' credit card you would be laughed at.

dad

Apr 17, 2020
private
normanbruleart.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

Do you think China knew before hand what this virus would do all over the world?

Do you believe God is in control? I believe God is in control and He is behind what happens with covid19. This virus did go around the world as a conqueror to conquer, did it not? No one has stopped it yet, nor removed it totally from the earth. The results are what no one on earth ever expected, even if some think it is just a biological weapon. A white horse having a rider with a bow is also a weapon.

Ultimately, He is in control. The final government must have His green light. The pandemic is leading towards things that are features of the end time.

Renniks

Feb 3, 2020
Pennsylvania
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

And Martin Luther thought the Pope in his day was the Antichrist. You are just speculating with no evidence whatsoever.
God is in charge, but does God actively control everything? Of course not. If he did, he could not claim to oppose sin and hate sin.
God allowed this virus, as he allows many terrible things to go on in a world that is not yet completely under his rule.

I have no clue whether the leaders in China did this on purpose. I have doubts about that. They are not moral, but was it a mistake or intentional? All speculation on our part.

What we can be sure of is that God desires the restoration of each and every soul. God will use the bad that is happening for good for those who love him. Each day has enough trouble without speculating about what the future holds.

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Chapter and verse, please, and no, secret codes don't count.

You don't want to know, so don't pretend to ask.

2 Petr 3:3 First of all you must understand this, that scoffers will come in the last days with scoffing, following their own passions

As the saying goes: Ignorance can be cured; but stupidity is forever.
Bobby Jo

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
... Each day has enough trouble without speculating about what the future holds.

Who in the world would make such an ignorant statement?!? -- Is Bible Prophecy unimportant? Does GOD want us to be either ignorant or stupid? Did HE waste all those words explaining the details of the end-times to a creation that's too stupid to understand what HE said? Well, maybe SOME of us fall into that category, but I prefer to heed HIS Word so that I might not suffer loss.

But some may choose otherwise. -- Silly people.
Bobby Jo

Last edited:

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ultimately, He is in control. The final government must have His green light. The pandemic is leading towards things that are features of the end time.
Apparently, somewhere along the line of christian teaching, you have been duped!
Revelation 13[2] And the beast which I saw was like unto a leopard, and his feet were as the feet of a bear, and his mouth as the mouth of a lion: and the dragon gave him his power, and his seat, and great authority.

God is in control of His church of Born Again Saints! Other than that, "the whole world lieth in wickedness".
1 John 5[18] We know that whosoever is born of God sinneth not; but he that is begotten of God keepeth himself, and that wicked one toucheth him not.
[19] And we know that we are of God, and the whole world lieth in wickedness.

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Renniks said:
... Each day has enough trouble without speculating about what the future holds.

Bobby Jo said:
Who in the world would make such an ignorant statement?!?

That would be Jesus.

Perhaps you missed the portions quoted in Matt. 24, Mrk 13, and Lke 17. And of course, John wrote the ENTIRE BOOK of REVELATION.

Silly People. -- They'll be "rewarded" for their foolishness.
Bobby Jo

Last edited: