The Masculine Jesus

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Triumph1300

Jan 11, 2018
Northern British Columbia, Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Hello @Wrangler

Perhaps you should show a little respect to me too, though a woman. I do not understand your objection to my use of the word, 'however': but it would have been kinder if you could have accepted my comment, without the bold lettered rebuke.

Within the love of Christ our Saviour,
Our Lord and Head.
Chris
It crossed my mind that you posted this shortly after your posted about “judging”.

Reactions: Amazed@grace

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What specifically should we do to honor His masculinity? I already give Him all Glory, Honor and Praise...
Are you suggesting there is something more we must do?

The OP addressed this, didn't it?

And in particular, I want to bring to the surface the masculine side of Jesus with these 2 verses and hope you can provide others.

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The issue of women's lack of respect of both men and women is a whole different topic...
These women do not only hate men... they hate women... God ordained men and women to have roles... rebelling against those roles has caused havoc on EVERYTHING.

Addy, thank you so much for making this point! Feminism is an evil ideology, responsible for more deaths than fascism and communism. This ideology has been rather successful in pretending criticizing it is being critical of women, in general. As Islam has hurt Muslims more than any other group, feminism has hurt women more than any other group (besides unborn babies).

Today I watched The Chosen, S2E1. In it Jesus strongly rebuked 'The Son's of Thunder' for wanting to call down fire from heaven. Mark 4:17.

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Bible says we shall judge all things righteously , when you do that, some people will classify you as critical. So, I think it depends how you are critical, it should be building up and for the good, not for tearing down. I find myself critical at times as well. I think Jesus was critical.

My Pastor says Jesus was the perfect balance of truth and grace. He was critical of Peter, yes. But asking him 3 times if he, Peter, loved him was also very healing for Peter after thrice denying our Lord.

Compare the Grace of our Lord, giving us what we don't deserve, to feminists and SJW demanding more benefits on the grounds that they are not White Men. Somehow claiming victim status has become the pathway to entitlement via Cultural Marxism.

I am reminded of a parody of the Family Circus cartoon. The father says to the son, "What is the magic word to get what you want?" The SJW indoctrinated son replied, "I'm offended."

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I do not understand your objection to my use of the word, 'however'

I'll take this at face value even though I suspect you know full well ...

Given a thread about Good Apples. You do not have to, however, post about Good Oranges or Bad Apples. The right view of the comparison world is a 2 x 2 matrix; not just Apples and Oranges, but Good and Bad, in this case. This thread is only about 1 Quadrant, Good Apples. If you want to talk about the other quadrants, feel free to start your own thread. Thanks!

proxy-image

Amazed@grace

Apr 1, 2021
futurum, ubi non sunt atheus troglodytae
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi @CoreIssue,

The seed is in the Mother, and the Father fertilizes it. The Father also determines the sex of the child born.

'And the LORD God said unto the serpent,
Because thou hast done this, thou art cursed above all cattle,
and above every beast of the field;
upon thy belly shalt thou go,
and dust shalt thou eat all the days of thy life:
And I will put enmity between thee and the woman,
and between thy seed and her seed;
it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel.'

(Gen 3:14)

Thank you
In Christ Jesus
Chris
Why do you think the serpents seed would pertain to Eve at all? That God would then put enmity between Eve's seed and that of the serpent?

Last edited:

Amazed@grace

Apr 1, 2021
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It doesn't say he is Spirit now. I don't know of anywhere that says he doesn't still exist in bodily form.
To clarify your perspective. While firstly I reiterate the scripture that tells us Jesus was God.

You believe he returned to his place as God when he ascended back to Heaven, and is rejoined to his power (sitting at the right hand of God. The right hand in Judaism is the power hand or side) as holy spirit God from whence he spang, is now living in heaven as one who is flesh and blood. Meaning God then would be flesh and blood. (I and my father are one. When you see me you see the father.)

While the verse that tells us flesh and blood shall not inherit the kingdom of God are , what? In error? Referring to all others but Jesus who was also God?

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
That was when Jesus was still here on Earth, not yet in heaven.
That is a nonsensical statement since 40 days later the Lord Jesus Christ ascended in that very same body to Heaven where He now is. So why are you trying to push a false doctrine here, instead of accepting what has been posted by many (including myself). Christ is in His glorified and glorious body, the same body which was nailed to the cross, and then resurrected and ascended to Heaven.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
While the verse that tells us flesh and blood shall not inherit the kingdom...
Flesh and blood is not flesh and bone. Christ said that His body was flesh and bone. He had shed (poured out) His blood at Calvary. At the Rapture, the bodies of the saints will be supernaturally transformed so that they can enter Heaven in immortal, sinless, incorruptible, glorified bodies.

Amazed@grace

Apr 1, 2021
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus contradicted Himself? Oh my!
Luke 24:39 (NKJV)
39 Behold My hands and My feet, that it is I Myself. Handle Me and see, for a spirit does not have flesh and bones as you see I have."
You contradicted yourself, as I clearly said. Now you're attempting to avoid that responsibility by engaging in fallacy.

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You contradicted yourself, as I clearly said. Now you're attempting to avoid that responsibility by engaging in fallacy.
But you clearly meant, Jesus contradicted Himself. You should have read the Bible rather than going to church.
39 Behold My hands and My feet, that it is I Myself. Handle Me and see, for a spirit does not have flesh and bones as you see I have.

Amazed@grace

Apr 1, 2021
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Flesh and blood is not flesh and bone. Christ said that His body was flesh and bone. He had shed (poured out) His blood at Calvary. At the Rapture, the bodies of the saints will be supernaturally transformed so that they can enter Heaven in immortal, sinless, incorruptible, glorified bodies.
The glorified body is a spiritual body.
1 Corinthians 15:50–58 ESV - I tell you this,… | Biblia

That's party to our being reborn, in the spirit.

Amazed@grace

Apr 1, 2021
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is a nonsensical statement since 40 days later the Lord Jesus Christ ascended in that very same body to Heaven where He now is. So why are you trying to push a false doctrine here, instead of accepting what has been posted by many (including myself). Christ is in His glorified and glorious body, the same body which was nailed to the cross, and then resurrected and ascended to Heaven.
We , being reborn in the spirit, enter heaven in a different way than God, Jesus Christ,did?
1 Corinthians 15:50–58 ESV - I tell you this,… | Biblia

Are you and the others you refer to there Fake Pentecostal? Asking to clarify understanding as to where your exegesis arrives from.

Amazed@grace

Apr 1, 2021
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But you clearly meant, Jesus contradicted Himself. You should have read the Bible rather than going to church.
39 Behold My hands and My feet, that it is I Myself. Handle Me and see, for a spirit does not have flesh and bones as you see I have.
Now you are presuming to speak for what you perceive I meant while continuing not to address what you've written in contradiction of yourself.

This is silly. Let us depart from such behavior. We are sister and brother in Jesus Christ.

Last edited:

Triumph1300

Jan 11, 2018
Northern British Columbia, Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I know it's not the subject of this thread,
but since it came up a couple of posts ago I like to post the following,
in regards to judging:

Jesus repeatedly taught men to judge rightly, insisting they “judge with righteous judgment” (John 7:24)
and He praised a man who “rightly judged” (Luke 7:43).

Paul shamed the Corinthian Christians because no one among them was willing to “judge the smallest matters” (1 Cor. 6:2).

As the Apostle wrote, “He who is spiritual judges all things” for “we have the mind of Christ” (1 Cor. 2:15-16).

Reactions: Wrangler

Renniks

Feb 3, 2020
Pennsylvania
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
To clarify your perspective. While firstly I reiterate the scripture that tells us Jesus was God.

You believe he returned to his place as God when he ascended back to Heaven, and is rejoined to his power (sitting at the right hand of God. The right hand in Judaism is the power hand or side) as holy spirit God from whence he spang, is now living in heaven as one who is flesh and blood. Meaning God then would be flesh and blood. (I and my father are one. When you see me you see the father.)

While the verse that tells us flesh and blood shall not inherit the kingdom of God are , what? In error? Referring to all others but Jesus who was also God?
As far as we know, he still has his glorified body. Is it flesh and blood? Certainly not normal flesh and blood.