The Masculine Jesus

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Triumph1300

Jan 11, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Forgive me, but I do not understand what you are trying to convey by this.

Thank you
In Christ Jesus
Chris

In one post you said we should not "judge".
In the next one you did exactly that.

Just a small observation of me. No harm done! :)

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I’m not sure exactly what you are asking. Please clarify.

Was only considering the masculinity of Jesus as you said the thread is about. A warrior came to mind. A captain of salvation.
Hebrews 2:10 For it became him, for whom are all things, and by whom are all things, in bringing many sons unto glory, to make the captain of their salvation perfect through sufferings.

Those all (Imo) speak of the masculinity of Jesus Christ. Joshua 5:13-15 And it came to pass, when Joshua was by Jericho, that he lifted up his eyes and looked, and, behold, there stood a man over against him with his sword drawn in his hand: and Joshua went unto him, and said unto him, Art thou for us, or for our adversaries? [14] And he said, Nay; but as captain of the host of the Lord am I now come. And Joshua fell on his face to the earth, and did worship, and said unto him, What saith my lord unto his servant? [15] And the captain of the Lord's host said unto Joshua, Loose thy shoe from off thy foot; for the place whereon thou standest is holy. And Joshua did so.

Not so much a question but only considering the masculinity of Jesus Christ. And as a warrior...as a captain of Salvation; what are His weapons?

Reactions: Wrangler

Amazed@grace

Apr 1, 2021
futurum, ubi non sunt atheus troglodytae
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not what this thread is about.

This thread is about identifying masculine things Jesus did. It is started as a reaction to hate toward men in our society. Please stick to the subject of the thread or start your own thread.
If that is indeed what this thread is about, I would like to make the observation that there that would have never entered in anything whatsoever regarding feminists, feminism, leading kids to apologize for being make, etc...

If this thread were true to forming of topic, the fact that Jesus stood for women and their sovereign rights under God, their equality and freedom, would be included in replies from page one
Starting in the OP.

Because God said in marriage the two become one. And Jesus disciples number included women. As did Paul's ranks when not only did he have women Apostles serving in his "churches", he also boasted of them. And even giving praise to those who served beside him.

We are all one in Christ! That which would divide the church by teaching women are less than, not one with our brothers, is not of God.

God made man and woman from himself, all is of and from God. Thinking women, the God annointed life bringers, worthy of condemnation at all and due to their sex is not of God either.
Jesus was God first. Masculine Christ entered this world through the Feminine. As the father willed.

Hate is not grace.

edited typo.The joy of phone posting.:confused:

Last edited:

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
In another thread, a poster remarked how Jesus in Scripture is not always lovable, kind or meek. Our feminized society has profoundly attacked masculinity - even calling it toxic.

A pastor once gave a Sermon and said Jesus is the ultimate in masculine in that he sacrificed himself to save others. Then he corrected himself to say the God, the Father is the ultimate in masculinity for creating life. And here again, I want to contrast the ultimate manifestation of masculine - creating life - in how it is denigrated by today's man-haters. They call it merely being a 'sperm donor.'

A friend corrected his pregnant wife who said women give life. He said, 'No. Women give birth. Men give life.' So, this thread is to remind us all that God the Father, and his son and the Holy Spirit are identified as being masculine. And in particular, I want to bring to the surface the masculine side of Jesus with these 2 verses and hope you can provide others.

It will go well with that servant if he is found doing his job when his master comes ... But if that servant <does not do his job> ... his master will cut him in two and put him with the disloyal.
Luke 12:43, 45, 46 (CJB)

This is serious business we’re involved in. My mission is to send a purging fire on the earth! In fact, I can hardly wait to see the smoke rising.
Luke 12:49 (Voice)

Notice that "Adam" which mean "man", was made in "Our image".

The "Our" is God and the Word and the Holy Spirit.
Notice the "Image" made is >Male.
Notice that the 2nd Adam is >Male

Amazed@grace

Apr 1, 2021
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you know the term chauvinist does not only apply to men? What about the man hating women and chauvinist females who DO write books or teach on a campus?

Your posts show your willingness to give them a pass.
Not at all my intent. This threadOP imparts the message it is about Jesus.

"Masculinity" , is the error of prolixity. However, using that word to describe Jesus imparts an intention beyond that of Christs being because we all know he was male.

The Feminist's today, and just like with certain men, there are extremists among them, may be perceived as putting that shoe on the other foot.
Their ideas reflecting what some men in past history and even today feel about the feminine sex.

Certain Jewish men's daily prayer:
"Blessed are you, HaShem, King of the Universe, for not having made me a woman.”

Last edited:

Amazed@grace

Apr 1, 2021
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Notice that "Adam" which mean "man", was made in "Our image".

The "Our" is God and the Word and the Holy Spirit.
Notice the "Image" made is >Male.
Notice that the 2nd Adam is >Male
In his image he made both Adam and Eve. Genesis 1:27 :) And Jesus' mother Mary was the second Eve.

We know not everything we believe is explicit in scripture. (The Trinity teaching as example.)
Eve, brought sin into the world by giving Adam the fruit, Mary, woman, the new Eve, brought life into the world by giving us Christ, the new Adam.

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not at all my intent.

It is totally your intent. Otherwise, your posts would not be so. There would be the slightest compassion for the plight of young men today, being told their essential nature is toxic and have to apologize to girls for being male.

This threadOP imparts the message it is about Jesus.

Lady, don't tell me what this thread is about! I'll tell you what this thread is about. The thread is entitled the masculine Jesus.

"Masculinity" , is the error of prolixity.

Wrong. Emphasis is not an error. The good things about masculinity (and the toxic things about femininity). If you don't want to post on these points (prolixity though they may be in your estimation), you are under no obligation to post in this thread.

Amazed@grace

Apr 1, 2021
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is totally your intent. Otherwise, your posts would not be so. There would be the slightest compassion for the plight of young men today, being told their essential nature is toxic and have to apologize to girls for being male.

You assume quite a bit. Jesus said we should not be like unto the pagans and make a spectacle of our prayers. I mention this because you appear to think because something is not written here that it does not exist.

This thread is clearly for you something more than those particular boys.

Lady, don't tell me what this thread is about! I'll tell you what this thread is about. The thread is entitled the masculine Jesus.
As observed, the error of prolixity. Masculine ='s male. What I suggest you have overlooked is, God is not masculine. Jesus being God bore the traits of both sexes, male and female. Because we all are of and from God. Male and female created "he" them.
Jesus arrived as male because of the patriarchal time and narrative pertaining to Messiah. Messiah is a verb, not a gender.

Wrong. Emphasis is not an error. The good things about masculinity (and the toxic things about femininity). If you don't want to post on these points (prolixity though they may be in your estimation), you are under no obligation to post in this thread.
You just proved my point. "The good things about masculinity (and the toxic things about femininity). "

May God open your eyes.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
In his image he made both Adam and Eve. Genesis 1:27 :) And Jesus' mother Mary was the second Eve.

We know not everything we believe is explicit in scripture. (The Trinity teaching as example.)
Eve, brought sin into the world by giving Adam the fruit, Mary, woman, the new Eve, brought life into the world by giving us Christ, the new Adam.

Mary was a common Jewish Girl.
There is no such thing as a "2nd Eve".
That is "cult of the virgin", deceit.
This cult understands and uses what Hitler understood., and that is, the bigger the lie, the more deceived you can get to believe it.

charity

Nov 26, 2017
UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Mary was a common Jewish Girl.
There is no such thing as a "2nd Eve".
That is "cult of the virgin", deceit.
This cult understands and uses what Hitler understood., and that is, the bigger the lie, the more deceived you can get to believe it.
Hello @Behold,

In your zeal I believe you are inadvertently overlooking who Mary was, and the line of descent that made her the necessary Mother of the Lord Jesus Christ. Through her, and through Joseph (by law), the Lord Jesus Christ became both heir to the land, as Son of Abraham, and heir to the throne as Son of David. So she was no 'common Jewish girl', and Joseph not just any man. Both were ideally suited for the task of being the parents of God's only begotten Son.

I believe that @Amazed@grace, is intending to show her to be the woman through whom the promised seed should come, and through whom that prophecy of Genesis 3:15 would be fulfilled.

I have not heard of a false creed such as this, but you obviously have, which is why you are reacting to this post, but maybe @Amazing@grace has no knowledge of this either.

Thank you
In Christ Jesus
Chris