The Masculine Jesus

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Feminism is an evil ideology,

yes but so is Chauvinism. Both an ‘ism’ warring against the other?

Description
Chauvinism is the irrational belief in the superiority or dominance of one's own group or people, who are seen as strong and virtuous, while others are considered weak or unworthy. It can be described as a form of extreme patriotism and nationalism, a fervent faith in national excellence and glory.

Reactions: Amazed@grace

charity

Nov 26, 2017
UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Why do you think the serpents seed would pertain to Eve at all? That God would then put enmity between Eve's seed and that of the serpent?
Hello @Amazing@grace,

Good question, but it needs a thread of it's own I think, to do justice to it would perhaps derail this one.

With love
In Christ Jesus
Chris

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Long passage but it was a good point you brought up in John 5:22-30 For the Father judgeth no man, but hath committed all judgment unto the Son: [23] That all men should honour the Son, even as they honour the Father. He that honoureth not the Son honoureth not the Father which hath sent him. [24] Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life. [25] Verily, verily, I say unto you, The hour is coming, and now is, when the dead shall hear the voice of the Son of God: and they that hear shall live. [26] For as the Father hath life in himself; so hath he given to the Son to have life in himself; [27] And hath given him authority to execute judgment also, because he is the Son of man. [28] Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming, in the which all that are in the graves shall hear his voice, [29] And shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation. [30] I can of mine own self do nothing: as I hear, I judge: and my judgment is just; because I seek not mine own will, but the will of the Father which hath sent me.

Had to quote in context and ask what did Jesus Christ do with that judgment committed unto the Son of the Father ...in “I seek not my own will, but the Will of the Father which sent Me.” ... Matthew 26:41-42 Watch and pray, that ye enter not into temptation: the spirit indeed is willing, but the flesh is weak. [42] He went away again the second time, and prayed, saying, O my Father, if this cup may not pass away from me, except I drink it, thy will be done.

Luke 23:46-47 And when Jesus had cried with a loud voice, he said, Father, into thy hands I commend my spirit: and having said thus, he gave up the Spirit.

Question is in “For the Father judgeth no man, but hath committed all judgment unto the Son:”
Did he deliver back up -hand back over—that which had been committed unto him unto the Father in 1 Peter 2:19-23 For this is thankworthy, if a man for conscience toward God endure grief, suffering wrongfully. [20] For what glory is it, if, when ye be buffeted for your faults, ye shall take it patiently? but if, when ye do well, and suffer for it, ye take it patiently, this is acceptable with God. [21] For even hereunto were ye called: because Christ also suffered for us, leaving us an example, that ye should follow his steps: [22] Who did no sin, neither was guile found in his mouth: [23] Who, when he was reviled, reviled not again; when he suffered, he threatened not; but committed himself to him that judgeth righteously:
thus ...as I hear, I judge: and my judgment is just; because I seek not mine own will, but the will of the Father which hath sent me.

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
yes but so is Chauvinism. Both an ‘ism’ warring against the other?

Description
Chauvinism is the irrational belief in the superiority or dominance of one's own group or people, who are seen as strong and virtuous, while others are considered weak or unworthy.

Interesting. Not sure how you are parsing the evil of feminism from its chauvinistic nature, e.g., seminars on toxic masculinity. Or would you deny men conducting seminars across the country on the inherent toxicity of women would be insufficiently chauvinistic?

Amazed@grace

Apr 1, 2021
futurum, ubi non sunt atheus troglodytae
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Long passage but it was a good point you brought up in John 5:22-30 For the Father judgeth no man, but hath committed all judgment unto the Son: [23] That all men should honour the Son, even as they honour the Father. He that honoureth not the Son honoureth not the Father which hath sent him. [24] Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life. [25] Verily, verily, I say unto you, The hour is coming, and now is, when the dead shall hear the voice of the Son of God: and they that hear shall live. [26] For as the Father hath life in himself; so hath he given to the Son to have life in himself; [27] And hath given him authority to execute judgment also, because he is the Son of man. [28] Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming, in the which all that are in the graves shall hear his voice, [29] And shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation. [30] I can of mine own self do nothing: as I hear, I judge: and my judgment is just; because I seek not mine own will, but the will of the Father which hath sent me.

Had to quote in context and ask what did Jesus Christ do with that judgment committed unto the Son of the Father ...in “I seek not my own will, but the Will of the Father which sent Me.” ... Matthew 26:41-42 Watch and pray, that ye enter not into temptation: the spirit indeed is willing, but the flesh is weak. [42] He went away again the second time, and prayed, saying, O my Father, if this cup may not pass away from me, except I drink it, thy will be done.

Luke 23:46-47 And when Jesus had cried with a loud voice, he said, Father, into thy hands I commend my spirit: and having said thus, he gave up the Spirit.

Question is in “For the Father judgeth no man, but hath committed all judgment unto the Son:”
Did he deliver back up -hand back over—that which had been committed unto him unto the Father in 1 Peter 2:19-23 For this is thankworthy, if a man for conscience toward God endure grief, suffering wrongfully. [20] For what glory is it, if, when ye be buffeted for your faults, ye shall take it patiently? but if, when ye do well, and suffer for it, ye take it patiently, this is acceptable with God. [21] For even hereunto were ye called: because Christ also suffered for us, leaving us an example, that ye should follow his steps: [22] Who did no sin, neither was guile found in his mouth: [23] Who, when he was reviled, reviled not again; when he suffered, he threatened not; but committed himself to him that judgeth righteously:
thus ...as I hear, I judge: and my judgment is just; because I seek not mine own will, but the will of the Father which hath sent me.
Good to share that full passage & as you rightly said, for proper context. Jesus did all that he did because he and the father are one.
And in the OT. Isaiah 9:6

Amazed@grace

Apr 1, 2021
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Interesting. Not sure how you are parsing the evil of feminism from its chauvinistic nature, e.g., seminars on toxic masculinity. Or would you deny men conducting seminars across the country on the inherent toxicity of women would be insufficiently chauvinistic?
Men conducting those type seminars qualify as chauvinistic and even , in the matter of the most extreme, masoginistic. They don't always only show up in seminars though.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
he still has his glorified body.

what is his body glorified? Philippians 3:21 Who shall change our vile body, that it may be fashioned (not the fashion thereof which passes away) like unto his glorious body, according to the working whereby he is able even to subdue all things unto himself.

Revelation 19:7-8 Let us be glad and rejoice, and give honour to him: for the marriage of the Lamb is come, and his wife hath made herself ready. [8] And to her was granted that she should be arrayed in fine linen, clean and white: for the fine linen is the righteousness of saints.

Who is “her” arrayed in fine linen, clean and white: for the fine linen is the righteousness of saints?

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Men conducting those type seminars qualify as chauvinistic and even , in the matter of the most extreme, masoginistic. They don't always only show up in seminars though.

The point is there are no such phenomena in our society as men going around showcasing their hatred for women at college campi, presenting it as 'scientific research.' What is actually happening is women chauvinists going around college campuses railing against toxic masculinity.

The book The Proper Care and Feeding of Husbands by Dr Laura details the duality of many women today who are, on the one hand obtuse about how their actions are hateful and hurtful, and on the other hand hypersensitive about any criticism that goes there way. Since the book was written, the college campus seminars on toxic femininity being absent show case this double standard and actual commitment to equality.

Take a look at your post again from this perspective. You freely criticize hypothetical actions of men while giving women a pass for institutionalizing hatred for men. (It's kind of cute how you reach for such men who don't show up for seminars ... complaining about hatred for men is construed as misogynistic. Unbelievable). NOTE: Your unwillingness to answer the question of the OP, provide Scriptural verses that highlight the masculinity of Jesus, coupled with your willingness to troll, attempt to change the subject to the horrors of supposed misogyny, while overlooking actual misandry.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The point is there are no such phenomena in our society as men going around showcasing their hatred for women at college campi, presenting it as 'scientific research.' What is actually happening is women chauvinists going around college campuses railing against toxic masculinity.

Not condoning the behavior but for you to say that there has been no men going around showcasing their hatred for women is...what world do you live in? That is what makes your topic so needful: is “masculinity” mascaraing and parading itself to where masculine is doted as being puffed up ...is that what masculinity really is? Because I don’t know any more. Was Jesus Christ puffed up? What I don’t understand is the above feminist is offensive to you but you have no issue with masculinity being used to as opportunity to say “I think you ought to respect me, woman.”

1 Corinthians 7:31 And they that use this world, as not abusing it : for the fashion of this world passeth away.

What fashion of this world passes away? Luke 20:35-36 But they which shall be accounted worthy to obtain that world, and the resurrection from the dead, neither marry, nor are given in marriage (so will be as in the days before they entered the Ark, having ‘put on Christ’, giving and being given in marriage) [36] Neither can they die any more: for they are equal unto the angels; and are the children of God, being the children of the resurrection.

Galatians 3:27-29 For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ. [28] There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus. [29] And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.

1 Peter 3:7 Likewise, ye husbands, dwell with them according to knowledge, giving honour unto the wife, as unto the weaker vessel, and as being heirs together of the grace of life; that your prayers be not hindered.

If you think there is not a powerful spirit of puffed up rebellion of ...oh no that is offensive “being heirs together” from both masculinity and feminist alike ...then I truly do not know what world you live in. I’ve been here on this board for years and still there are men that won’t even respond or comment back because I’m a female. Let a man make the same comment and they receive it totally different coming from a man. We can deny it but it is there. Respect of persons.

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not condoning the behavior but for you to say that there has been no men going around showcasing their hatred for women is ...

Not what this thread is about.

This thread is about identifying masculine things Jesus did. It is started as a reaction to hate toward men in our society. Please stick to the subject of the thread or start your own thread.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This thread is about identifying masculine things Jesus did.

shelter, provider, protector, endurance, strength? Leader, Head, Also masculinity “no man takes it from me, but I lay it down of myself. John 10:17-18
Therefore doth my Father love me, because I lay down my life, that I might take it again. [18] No man taketh it from me, but I lay it down of myself. I have power to lay it down, and I have power to take it again. This commandment have I received of my Father.

you said the thread is about the masculine things of Jesus ...warrior but is His weapons of war carnal or mighty for the pulling down of strongholds?

Last edited:

Amazed@grace

Apr 1, 2021
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

The book The Proper Care and Feeding of Husbands by Dr Laura details the duality of many women today who are, on the one hand obtuse about how their actions are hateful and hurtful, and on the other hand hypersensitive about any criticism that goes there way. Since the book was written, the college campus seminars on toxic femininity being absent show case this double standard and actual commitment to equality.

Take a look at your post again from this perspective. You freely criticize hypothetical actions of men while giving women a pass for institutionalizing hatred for men. (It's kind of cute how you reach for such men who don't show up for seminars ... complaining about hatred for men is construed as misogynistic. Unbelievable). NOTE: Your unwillingness to answer the question of the OP, provide Scriptural verses that highlight the masculinity of Jesus, coupled with your willingness to troll, attempt to change the subject to the horrors of supposed misogyny, while overlooking actual misandry.
Chauvinist and or Mysoginist males don't have to write books or teach on a campus to she us they and their contempt for women exists.

All that you are referring to in not a woman exclusive in the arena of bigotry and ignorance.

Students learn how to spank women at Indiana University-Bloomington | The College Fix

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Chauvinist and or Mysoginist males don't have to write books or teach on a campus

Do you know the term chauvinist does not only apply to men? What about the man hating women and chauvinist females who DO write books or teach on a campus?

Your posts show your willingness to give them a pass.