the mayan calendar and the stairs of the pyramids

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

teamventure

Sep 6, 2011
i like Hal too. i hope i haven't insulted you.
much peace and next time i'll state my thesis a little more clearly.
Godbless.

tgwprophet

Jul 9, 2011
Lehigh Acres, Florida
Rex wrote: " Bottom line I don't believe churches were ever meant to be a cradle to grave substitute of a personal relationship. "
I agree Rex.. and well said.

Bigg Andyy, The last time I saw Obama on TV he did not have the American flag next to him, though he did have a flag that slightly resembled it. I have heard it said that Obama does not like the anthem becasue of the "bombs bursting in air" thing, but he must not get that one cannot have great victory without great strife. Personally, I think his reasoning is different than he projects.

Teamventure, good and God Bless, and Merry Christmas.

In the 70's when the book The Late Greart Planet Earth by Hal Lindsey came out, it re-opened a desire for understanding Revelation, Tribulation and all endtime understanding. I used to watch prophecy shows on tv even before that, but this book spurred me to a quest. Upon reading that book, I really thought there was more proper research done than was actual. In the 80's I discovered that endtime writers were basing their stance upon the $$$ it could generate... enough so that I realized I would have to do my own research and leave their prose by the way side not even allowing it to guide me, but solely to spur me. And so it did spur me and to that, I find the works of people like Hal Lindsey. Pat robertson, Jack Van Impe, J R Church. John Hagee and others sufficient for my gratitude.

Rex

Oct 17, 2012
Kingman AZ
teamventure said:
i like Hal too. i hope i haven't insulted you.
much peace and next time i'll state my thesis a little more clearly.
Godbless.
liking someone shouldn't be singularly based on agreement or disagreement.

I like terry in-spite of some of his statements as well as you and Hal. But in the same way, evidence of friendship shouldn't be founded on whether someone patronizes your opinion in every case, a true friend is concerned with telling you the truth instead of appealing to someones self esteem. Friendship over comes or rather over looks imperfections in the same way God threw Christ over looks our inequities. Growth and being more mature is recognizing our weakness, only then can the Lord help us to overcome. Its impossible for God to work in our lives until we come to grip's with who we really are before him.

tgwprophet

Jul 9, 2011
Lehigh Acres, Florida
We here are quite limited in the development of friendships in a forum. And so with that. we have ones that agree with all (1) we say... "yes men." (2) Ones that dis-agree with anything anyone else says... "no men" (these think they know all the answers) then there are (3) those that actually try to understand others perspcetives and try to provide as much validity to thier perspective as possible. And those (4) there are those willing to stand up to correction when correction is proven. Finally, (5) those that are here learning,

3,4 & 5 are the ones I seek as "friends." The relative "heat" in a debate is not considered much as I expect it and plays little relevance to my like or dis-like of a person. The ability to reach friendship during times of severe strife is more valuable than fair weather friends never having strife between them. With that... debate me hard as you wish when you think you are right seek correction as admantly as you seek to correct others, when you may be wrong and no matter how heated things get... resolve has the best chance not only to prevail, but also to allow you and others to temper you armor that you can debate false teachers and accept correction with grace wheen it is you that stand corrected. Of this, I believe unveiling fasle teachers spreading false doctrines through false religions or no religion is the most needed today. This is my tail and I am wagging it.

teamventure

Sep 6, 2011
i've had some strife with my friends. some of them are athiest, very few are christians, but we are friends even despite having completely different beliefs. i don't know if i should be good friends with some of them but i continue to be by there side.

tgwprophet

Jul 9, 2011
Lehigh Acres, Florida
I have relations that are atheists and friends that are pagan and druid and many of them i became friends with before i knew their beliefs. Ah well. because I am a friend I hope I can show them some light and give them a chance to change. So far its not working... but I keep plugging away.

tgwprophet

Jul 9, 2011
Lehigh Acres, Florida
Teamventure, Hi, I have spent much time studying the arguements of atheists, pagans and such, in an effort to be able to prove God exists. Because some of these friends I would rather see in Heaven than Hell. Often the best I can arrive at is proving thier belief invalid. Although within a rational mind, proving their beliefs in error should suffice, it rarely does as they go head-on into simple denial. God's Word tells us to let those that wish to walk in darkness, remain there, and I see allot of just that. However, God's Word also tells us to let our light shine. I considered both of these points and concluded, letting our light shine super-seeds allowing them to remain in darkness. (of course these were not written verbatium).
Now, there has been successes, usually for fence walkers, nnut it still has worked. Although it takes prescedence there is a point of futility - casting your pearls before swine. With this, I continue until I realize my strife is futile at best.

Personally, I belive Christian campaigning to prove God, could stop Tribulations, but in the end, it will not, yet I continue with; love thy neighbor.