the mayan calendar and the stairs of the pyramids

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Rex

Oct 17, 2012
Kingman AZ
I don't remember mentioning the mayan calendar, besides the incorruptible calendar is the earths rotation in relation to the heavens.
Unless someone has mucked with the earths rotation or moved the stars

I believe the reason he started this tread for everyone that presumes their is truth in 2012 is that so many cultures have also been looking at or near the same date.

NOTE it is interesting and an indication of the TIME we live in.
You can argue nonsense with Luke about signs in the stars

The Coming of the Son of Man
Luke 21
25 “And there will be signs in the sun, in the moon, and in the stars; and on the earth distress of nations, with perplexity, the sea and the waves roaring; 26 men’s hearts failing them from fear and the expectation of those things which are coming on the earth, for the powers of the heavens will be shaken. 27 Then they will see the Son of Man coming in a cloud with power and great glory. 28 Now when these things begin to happen, look up and lift up your heads, because your redemption draws near.”

The only thing I find interesting is in relationship to the heavens "stars" in 12/21/2012

is we will be passing and equinox type event like the winter solstice as we do every year except on the 26,000 year scale of the full procession.
It only happens 1 in 26,000 years. Thats a sign in the stars, its not the date or the return of Christ, its not the end of the world its a celestial event on the largest scale we keep. So now I have mentioned the Mayan date, and that is all I care to know about this date, and to mention the uncanny ability of the Mayans to know this as well as other cultures knowing of it as well and making false asummations as many have.

I consider my interest in it similar picking the pearl out of the poop.
and theirs plenty of poop around today. As well as people covering pearls in it

Axehead

May 9, 2012
teamventure said:
so Hal was wrong about the Great Pyramid?

anyway, once doomsday doesn't happen Dec 21st it will just give the world one more reason to scoff about the end times for when the real tribulation does come.

there's a deception there. kinda like the boy who cried wolf.

but onto some bigger deception concerning dec 21. new age has something to say about it: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2012_phenomenon#Apocalypse

the new age philosophy teaches a new transformation on that day.

so what more does this specific deception entail?
Ahhh, very good point, teamventure. "something else to scoff about".

But, don't you think they already have plenty? Have a look.

Date Setters Diary

This ONE is even more exhaustive.

I don't know how anyone keeps up with all of this.

All I can say, is I'm glad the Lord is with me, right now.

Rex

Oct 17, 2012
Kingman AZ
Axehead said:
Ahhh, very good point, teamventure. "something else to scoff about".

But, don't you think they already have plenty? Have a look.

Date Setters Diary

This ONE is even more exhaustive.

I don't know how anyone keeps up with all of this.

All I can say, is I'm glad the Lord is with me, right now.
If you haven't noticed everything is that way today from what really happened over seas to politics to the bible you name it and I can find people that support ether or any number of different opinions. If your not accustom to sifting wheat from chaff in the life you walk in the spirit you have no chance of finding your way in today's world.

Graceismine

Dec 16, 2012
New Zealand
teamventure said:
not only does the mayan calendar end in 2012, but the stairs in the great pyramid were told by Hal Lyndsy to end at 2012 as well. apparently the Egyption calendar ends in 1012 as well. http://www.the2012theories.com/egyptian.htmlhttp://www.the2012theories.com/egyptian.html

i wouldn't be suprissed to see some great deception once the world doesn't end on the 21st.

it is surely no coincodence that primitive cultures have things in common with time lines such as the mayan calendar. i expect some type of great deception.

thoughts?
I found the discussion really interesting. The link explaining the Pyramid is fascinating. I was pondering about how hidden all of these signs have become when the Scripture came to me from Hebrews.

Heb 1-3: God, who at various times and in various ways spoke in time past to the fathers by the prophets, has in these last days spoken to us by His Son, whom He has appointed heir of all things, through whom also He made the worlds; who being the brightness of His glory and the express image of His person, and upholding all things by the word of His power, when He had by Himself purged our sins, sat down at the right hand of the Majesty on high, :)

The primitive cultures seem to have had some leading through their signs. How much clearer today is the Light of the World and millions can't see or don't want to see.

teamventure

Sep 6, 2011
Foreigner said:
Hate to break it to the Mayan end-of-worlders, but....

The Gregorian Calendar, which came into existence after the Mayan calender has a leap year day.

Translation: December 21st, 2012 on the Mayan calendar occured several months ago.
are there any mayan end of worlders here?

thanks Rex. Axedhead, and Graceismine for contributing interesting points to this thread.

and justin bieber could be one of the horsemen of the apocolypse. we'll wait and see.

tgwprophet

Jul 9, 2011
Lehigh Acres, Florida
Everytime one of Nostradamvs's "presictions" did not come true or an event happens that could be con-crewed as one of his predictions... The followers of Nostradamvs would simply alter the meanings and contend that Nostradamvs was correct or will be shown as correct. Exactly why should we expect anything less ith this Mayan calendar?

And if memory serves me correctly... I am pretty sure Hal Lindsey is a "date setter."

Well ot os 11:20pm and I am hearring crickets... maybe in 40 minutes i will hear a stampede if pink elephants?

ok the world ended 25 minutes ago and i missed it... again...dang it on the up side i do hear crickets!

THE Gypsy

Jul 27, 2011
Earth
OK...At least get this right...Nothing is supposed to happen until 11:11 GMT. For you, Terry, in FL, that's 6:11.

Retrobyter

Oct 29, 2011
Tampa Bay, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Shalom and a belated Happy Chanukkah to you (as well as a Merry Christmas), as well!

terry said:
Merry Christmas Retrobyter... Maybe I should keep some crickets inside and warm - to thwart off any end of the world? Should I keep a groundhog and a spotlight handy also?
LOL! Up to you! You can even keep a Bill Murray with you, if you wish! (Do you? That'd be weird.)

tgwprophet

Jul 9, 2011
Lehigh Acres, Florida
THE Gypsy wrote: " OK...At least get this right...Nothing is supposed to happen until 11:11 GMT. For you, Terry, in FL, that's 6:11 "

You mean to tell me the Mayans knew about Greenwhich time also? Did they also give a dis-claimer and such a dis-clamier as to not be thwarted by our and the the worlds legal system and their lawyers? Did they have a refund policy or warranty? Terms of service policy? Were they involved with Acme Rockets ( Wile E Coyote's favorite supplier ) that these Mayans could "cause" the end of the world and be legally protected gobally? Was Heaven's Gate their underwriters?

THE Gypsy

Jul 27, 2011
Earth
terry said:
THE Gypsy wrote: " OK...At least get this right...Nothing is supposed to happen until 11:11 GMT. For you, Terry, in FL, that's 6:11 "

You mean to tell me the Mayans knew about Greenwhich time also? Did they also give a dis-claimer and such a dis-clamier as to not be thwarted by our and the the worlds legal system and their lawyers? Did they have a refund policy or warranty? Terms of service policy? Were they involved with Acme Rockets ( Wile E Coyote's favorite supplier ) that these Mayans could "cause" the end of the world and be legally protected gobally? Was Heaven's Gate their underwriters?
Ok, Sparky...No need to get your panties in a twist. It was calculated the same way they calculated the date. Do a little research.

tgwprophet

Jul 9, 2011
Lehigh Acres, Florida
lol..... Bigg Andyy every day opens the possibility of him doing something outrageous to this country.

Well Gypsy... can't get panties twistef... i'm comando - some things are just better left alone.

12/21/12 - 3:50 pm and nada - is the Mayans related to Nostradanms? Heaven's Gate? Jim Jones?
Colonel Sanders? Orvil Redenbacher? I should go make some popcorn!

teamventure

Sep 6, 2011
Terry, exactly who have you been mocking in this thread? and did you read the OP?
if so i would believe you have a strong lack of reading comprehension.
you are posting as if there was someone in this thread who believes the end of the mayan calendar means
the end of the world.

and about Hal Lindsey, you still haven't proved he's a date setter.

teamventure

Sep 6, 2011
thanks BigAndy for replying. however, i don't consider an attack article from someone telling
that Hal Lindsey's a date setter as proof.
we were discussing proof by links to Hal's websight or i'll add a link to segments of one of his books.

i mean do any of you know of Hal setting dates in late great planet earth or on his site?
i just spoke with someoe who read the entire book and he doesn't recall any dates being set.

and about that article, do some of you not believe in the fig tree prophecy in Matt 24?

Rex

Oct 17, 2012
Kingman AZ
BiggAndyy said:
So now the truth is a hit article... sounds like a political party we all know and loathe. ;)
No news to me, Hals book never made sense to me in the 70s and nether did elaborate explanation threw a church.

40 year per generation prophesy's are setting times even tough they don't set specific dates. Chuck and Hal are pals or were
as is Greg Lorrie and Franklin Gram today, its amazing to watch the transformation

Churches teachings in general would be in good shape If they only errored in prophesy interpretation
the problem is, prophesy can effect your new and old testament understanding.

Bottom line I don't believe churches were ever meant to be a cradle to grave substitute of a personal relationship.
There is only one mediator between God and men. If that weren't true we would still be under the Levitical system: churches and leaders look a lot like that today.

tgwprophet

Jul 9, 2011
Lehigh Acres, Florida
Teamventure, I was not trying to mock anyone here... it was a mere jest at all those in la la land trying to align 12/21/12 with an end of the world... by la la land - I mean those of the world that actually thought this could be the end. Now, rather than saying " you have any lack of comprehension skills " I will say and feel, that I should have explained my stance in better terms and in this manner I mean no insult. I did figure what I meant with what I said was for the intent of humor only.

Now as far as Hal goes, i read several of his books and though proven wrong, i consider him and others like him as being a positive effect, but only if one realizes the relative ease in which they can be wrong, that ease governered by $$$ usually. Now as far as a date setter Hal goes he did link 1948 plus 40 years to arrive at 1988, although he did not claim 1988 was the end, he did strongly hint at it by claiming 1948 was the start of Revelation and 40 years was a generation and that Jesus said surely all these things will come to pass in one generation. But I still like Hal!