"The Meek shall inherit the EARTH!" - JESUS

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

theQuestion

Oct 30, 2017
seattle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You have not even heard his explanation for what he @ScottA said. I may understand but I doubt there are very many in most existing churches that would have a clue of an idea what he means yet, you condemn him in your attack without comprehension. Is your own position so vulnerable that you cannot even stand to hear what he means? What if what he is speaking is the truth and it is you that are deluded? Do you know it all so correctly as that?

Do you not love the truth or for a lack of love of the truth is it you who are a recipient of delusion?

"And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved.
And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:" II Thess 2:10-11

I have NO idea what you are talking about.
He tries to say the Earth will be destroyed- when God and Christ say otherwise.
i paid CLOSE attention to his claims- as I do ALL.

My position matters not- only God's Word.

How many ways do YOU take "The Earth remains (abides) FOREVER"?

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have NO idea what you are talking about.
No, you really do not. That is the sad thing yet you would teach others what you believe without understanding also this... even if you were to disagree.

He tries to say the Earth will be destroyed- when God and Christ say otherwise.
i paid CLOSE attention to his claims- as I do ALL.
You still missed the point. What will be destroyed is the evil of man.

My position matters not- only God's Word.
OK if that is do... but you are very quick to criticize others for what you consider a lack of understanding on their part, but have no real effort to do other than advance your own belief as if it was complete and flawless.

How many ways do YOU take "The Earth remains (abides) FOREVER"?[/QUOTE]

He gave you a verse to which you never gave an explanation even though on its face it seemed to contradict your verse. He has an explanation and you never asked him to amplify. You simply ploughed on because you were sure you were right and he was just another deluded 'churchoid'.

"But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up." II Peter 3:10

There is the planet Earth and there is the little bit of earth which make up men. Are you afraid to consider that the little bit of earth that make up men will be destroyed?

There is fire which consumed evil but will not hurt that which is "very good". Men lost that which is very good when they sinned in the garden. Jesus brought the possibility of man becoming "very good" again through his sacrifice. Without taking hold of Jesus there is no hope that we might not be completely consumed by the fire:

"For our God is a consuming fire." Heb 12:29

Remember the three Hebrews thrown into the fire by Nebuchadnezzar?

FHII

Apr 9, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thanks.

As I said, there are two opposing prospects that come out of the scriptures... and, go figure, there are also two different heavens and earths presented.

EXCEPT for the fact that they both are not referring to the same heaven and earth. But that is not in question, because it clearly speaks of two: the old and the new.

Things move quick around here... I am afraid I missed the verse that says they are separate. I get that one is old and one is new. I get that they are different. But from what I see, its a case or reformation: the old earth will be mafe new. Same plot of dirt. Just remade, remodelled and changed. Not that he is actually going to break apart every atom that makes earth.

2 Cor 5:17 says if we are in Christ we are a new creature. Old thing are become new. We have undergone that transformation. Yet our "earthen vessels" ( our physique) didn't change.

I widh it would've! I have some suggestions for God on how to improve my old earthen body!

Rev 21 talks about a new heaven and a new eart, and the verbage is quite similiar to 2 Cor 5. But unlike 2 Cor I do believe there wil be physical changes (go back to Joel). Yet it won't be a new lump. He will make the old lump new.

Please let me know if I misunderstand your position...

Jun2u

Mar 6, 2014
Southern CA.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Indeed, the Bible speaks of two earths. This present world which is cursed along with mankind is temporal, while the other earth will abide forever.

How can anyone NOT “see” that this creation will burn up and the elements will melt with fervent heat? I can “see” (pardon the pun) why those against 2 Peter 3:10 do not believe it is because they have a different God from that of the Bible. They do not believe that He is the Author of the Bible, so they believe Peter did not understand what he wrote. To be fair to those who have a different Gospel, the writers of the Bible didn’t understand to a degree, what they were writing.

I want everyone to note and remember in 2 Peter 3:10 the phrase “pass away” because this term will play significantly with the subject at hand.

Genesis 13:15 reads: “For all the land which thou seest, to thee will I give it, and to thy seed for ever.

What? Didn’t we just read in 2 Peter 3 that He will destroy this present creation, yet He tells Abraham he and his seed (us) will inherit the land for ever? Is God speaking of this present world or a spiritual world where righteousness dwells? What’s the point then of giving us a glorified body when He returns? Does this make sense? It sure does if we understand the meaning of 2 Peter 3!

God will not allow us to live in a sinful cursed earth with a glorified spiritual body, therefore, He will destroy this present earth and create a New Earth for ever!

I asked everyone to note the term “pass away” above, how significant it is to those not understanding 2 Peter 3:10. I will now show the reasons why the above is true.

Revelation 21:1 reads:

And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea.

I hope this helps.

To God Be The Glory

Reactions: Helen

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Both, those scriptures that say the heaven and the earth will be burned up, and those that say it will be forever, cannot be true...EXCEPT for the fact that they both are not referring to the same heaven and earth. But that is not in question, because it clearly speaks of two: the old and the new.

So, then, it is you who is not keeping them separate, but are mixing the two different lines of scripture together, and creating confusion where there is none.

It is just a mute point, Scott, It is G:2537, wrongly translated as "new," that is found in the verse that you quoted.

G:2537 kaino/$ kainos
G:2537 kaino/$ kainos (kahee-nos'); of uncertain affinity; new (especially in freshness; while G:3501 is properly so with respect to age: –– KJV - new.

G:3501 ne/o$ neos (neh'-os); including the comparative neoteros (neh-o'-ter-os); a primary word; "new", i.e. (of persons) youthful, or (of things) fresh; figuratively, regenerate: –– KJV - new, young.

In the parable of the Neo wine into Kanious wineskins, it must be remembered that even new wineskins if the have aged and become hard and brittle must be refreshed before they can be used as well.

In the brick making industry, clay, is fired in kilns at very high temperatures and any organic or combustible matter is consumed and burnt off. That is how insulating bricks are made. Fine saw dust is mixed into the clay when making the bricks and are fired at a lower temperature just above the ignition temperature of the saw dust such that the saw dust ignites and is burnt off giving the bricks the desired insulating property.

Yes at very high temperatures clay bricks do "melt" and fuse together, but they are still not consumed by the heat of the high temperature fire.

So after the fervent fire described in 2 Peter 3:12 is over, the earth is melted but not destroyed, and then the Lord God makes like new again both the heavens and the earth.

It is this refurbished earth that God promised to Abraham in Genesis 15:7.

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
<snip>

Revelation 21:1 reads:

And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea.

I hope this helps.

To God Be The Glory

The reference to a "new heaven" and a "new earth" should be understood to have the meaning of a refurbished heaven and earth, where the heaven and earth consumed by fire will be made like new again, only it will be better since neither sin nor death abides in it.

With regards to the "passed away" translation of the Greek text, there are a number of texts with the Greek root G:0565 embedded within the Greek word translated as "passed away", as well as other Greek texts where the embedded Greek root is G:3928. The question that needs to be answered is whether the context of the passage is literal or figurative.

Here is the Strong definition of G:0565

G:0565 a)pe/rxomai aperchomai

G:0565 a)pe/rxomai aperchomai
(ap-erkh'-om-ahee); from G:0575 and G:2064; to go off (i.e. depart), aside (i.e. apart) or behind (i.e. follow), literally or figuratively: –– KJV - come, depart, go (aside, away, back, out, ... ways), pass away, be past.

G:0575 a)po/ apo (apo'); a primary particle; "off," i.e. away (from something near), in various senses (of place, time, or relation; literal or figurative): –– KJV - (X here-) after, ago, at, because of, before, by (the space of), for (-th), from, in, (out) of, off, (up-) on (-ce), since, with. In composition (as a prefix) it usually denotes separation, departure, cessation, completion, reversal, etc.

G:2064 e&rxomai erchomai (er'-khom-ahee); middle voice of a primary verb (used only in the present and imperfect tenses, the others being supplied by a kindred [middle voice] eleuthomai (el-yoo'-thom-ahee); or [active] eltho (el'-tho); which do not otherwise occur); to come or go (in a great variety of applications, literally and figuratively): –– KJV - accompany, appear, bring, come, enter, fall out, go, grow, light, next, pass, resort, be set.​

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Things move quick around here... I am afraid I missed the verse that says they are separate. I get that one is old and one is new. I get that they are different. But from what I see, its a case or reformation: the old earth will be mafe new. Same plot of dirt. Just remade, remodelled and changed. Not that he is actually going to break apart every atom that makes earth.

2 Cor 5:17 says if we are in Christ we are a new creature. Old thing are become new. We have undergone that transformation. Yet our "earthen vessels" ( our physique) didn't change.

I widh it would've! I have some suggestions for God on how to improve my old earthen body!

Rev 21 talks about a new heaven and a new eart, and the verbage is quite similiar to 2 Cor 5. But unlike 2 Cor I do believe there wil be physical changes (go back to Joel). Yet it won't be a new lump. He will make the old lump new.

Please let me know if I misunderstand your position...
What God has presented in scripture is the contingency of both the created fallen world, and the creation of a new heaven and a new earth, which will be all that remains after the fires of His judgement.

Likewise, the new us is not a new attitude in an old body, but an older and more mature renewed mind in a new spiritual body. Not a transformation of the old, but a new creation.

That which is made new, is not of this world, but of the kingdom of God.

Last edited:

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is just a mute point, Scott, It is G:2537, wrongly translated as "new," that is found in the verse that you quoted.

G:2537 kaino/$ kainos
G:2537 kaino/$ kainos (kahee-nos'); of uncertain affinity; new (especially in freshness; while G:3501 is properly so with respect to age: –– KJV - new.

G:3501 ne/o$ neos (neh'-os); including the comparative neoteros (neh-o'-ter-os); a primary word; "new", i.e. (of persons) youthful, or (of things) fresh; figuratively, regenerate: –– KJV - new, young.

In the parable of the Neo wine into Kanious wineskins, it must be remembered that even new wineskins if the have aged and become hard and brittle must be refreshed before they can be used as well.

In the brick making industry, clay, is fired in kilns at very high temperatures and any organic or combustible matter is consumed and burnt off. That is how insulating bricks are made. Fine saw dust is mixed into the clay when making the bricks and are fired at a lower temperature just above the ignition temperature of the saw dust such that the saw dust ignites and is burnt off giving the bricks the desired insulating property.

Yes at very high temperatures clay bricks do "melt" and fuse together, but they are still not consumed by the heat of the high temperature fire.

So after the fervent fire described in 2 Peter 3:12 is over, the earth is melted but not destroyed, and then the Lord God makes like new again both the heavens and the earth.

It is this refurbished earth that God promised to Abraham in Genesis 15:7.
You are looking at all this through the prism of the world and even the science of men. In the world, all that was made was made by the manifest word of God, which He did for a finite purpose. The elements of this world are nothing more than light and energy - this is the power of God, to literally make something out of nothing, and then have it all "pass away."

But that which God makes anew...is "not of this world", but of the kingdom.

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
You are looking at all this through the prism of the world and even the science of men. In the world, all that was made was made by the manifest word of God, which He did for a finite purpose. The elements of this world are nothing more than light and energy - this is the power of God, to literally make something out of nothing, and then have it all "pass away."

But that which God makes anew...is "not of this world", but of the kingdom.

Scott, We will all pass through the refining fire and the dross from our lives removed, i.e. burnt off such that we are purified and cleansed.

The earth will be consumed by fire to purify it. Then the earth will be healed as the living waters passes over the escarpment of the end of this world and will be renewed/refurbished like new again.

Reactions: Helen

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Scott, We will all pass through the refining fire and the dross from our lives removed, i.e. burnt off such that we are purified and cleansed.

The earth will be consumed by fire to purify it. Then the earth will be healed as the living waters passes over the escarpment of the end of this world and will be renewed/refurbished like new again.
Such are the thoughts of men. But all [the elements] are vanity (nothing), in God's reality: light and energy. Which, in the end, returns to God.

It is important to understand that all of creation is only a created "image", which was man'ifest only for a time, times, and half a time. Then comes the end. Just as man was created in the image of God in the flesh, when he is born again of the spirit of God...man is no more a mere image, but is spirit, just as God is spirit. We become One with God, and no more are we that manifest image that passes away.

theQuestion

Oct 30, 2017
seattle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, you really do not. That is the sad thing yet you would teach others what you believe without understanding also this... even if you were to disagree.

You still missed the point. What will be destroyed is the evil of man.

OK if that is do... but you are very quick to criticize others for what you consider a lack of understanding on their part, but have no real effort to do other than advance your own belief as if it was complete and flawless.

How many ways do YOU take "The Earth remains (abides) FOREVER"?

He gave you a verse to which you never gave an explanation even though on its face it seemed to contradict your verse. He has an explanation and you never asked him to amplify. You simply ploughed on because you were sure you were right and he was just another deluded 'churchoid'.

"But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up." II Peter 3:10

There is the planet Earth and there is the little bit of earth which make up men. Are you afraid to consider that the little bit of earth that make up men will be destroyed?

There is fire which consumed evil but will not hurt that which is "very good". Men lost that which is very good when they sinned in the garden. Jesus brought the possibility of man becoming "very good" again through his sacrifice. Without taking hold of Jesus there is no hope that we might not be completely consumed by the fire:

"For our God is a consuming fire." Heb 12:29

Remember the three Hebrews thrown into the fire by Nebuchadnezzar?
[/QUOTE]

Mr. A- that IS the point I am defending.
It looks like YOU don't understand what Churchianity TEACHES.....

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Such are the thoughts of men. But all [the elements] are vanity (nothing), in God's reality: light and energy. Which, in the end, returns to God.

It is important to understand that all of creation is only a created "image", which was man'ifest only for a time, times, and half a time. Then comes the end. Just as man was created in the image of God in the flesh, when he is born again of the spirit of God...man is no more a mere image, but is spirit, just as God is spirit. We become One with God, and no more are we that manifest image that passes away.

Perhaps what was written by Ezekiel in Ezekiel 47:1-12 is just the thoughts of man then?

theQuestion

Oct 30, 2017
seattle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
CHURCHianity teaches all good people go to heaven, and the Earth will be destroyed.
Jesus said the meek (righteous) will inherit the Earth.

Who, oh WHO should I believe?

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

I read this thread, but I am not really posting in it.

Isn't ( your quote) like the Gen 1:2 ?
"And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters."

Doesn't this word void mean Ruin, Waste...?
I've always believed that Satan was caste down to earth and it was ruined and a wasteland. THEN God started to create something beautiful.

This is what I see happening after burning and cleansing..God starts over afresh....new.
Ive never heard anything better to take the place of what I have believed thus far.

Jun2u

Mar 6, 2014
Southern CA.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The reference to a "new heaven" and a "new earth" should be understood to have the meaning of a refurbished heaven and earth.

If you truly believe the word "new" should be understood to have the meaning of "refurbished", will you kindly elaborate the meaning of the phrase, "and there was no more sea?"

Thanks

To God Be The Glory

theQuestion

Oct 30, 2017
seattle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you truly believe the word "new" should be understood to have the meaning of "refurbished", will you kindly elaborate the meaning of the phrase, "and there was no more sea?"

Thanks

To God Be The Glory

How often do I need remind you Revelation is a SYMBOLIC VISION (1:1)
Rev 17:15- And he saith unto me, The waters which thou sawest, where the harlot sitteth, are peoples, and multitudes, and nations, and tongues.
Thgat is also what is meant by :"the roaring of the sea".

Why do you churchoids always try to belittle what God says?
"Refurbish"? REALLY?
You should be ashamed.

LOOK! I am making all things NEW! (Every translation there is!)
NOT- "LOOK! I am making all new THINGS!"

FHII

Apr 9, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Revelation 21:4-5 KJV
And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away. [5] And he that sat upon the throne said, Behold, I make all things new. And he said unto me, Write: for these words are true and faithful.

God did say the former things are passed away. He also said that he will make all things new. That is, old things are made new. Not replaced. So for lack of a better term, for now I like the refurbished terminology.

I really have a hard time believing that folks believe this earth will disappear and God is going to start from scratch. Joel doesn't teach that. Neither dis Peter or John.

Richard_oti

Mar 17, 2008
CHURCHianity teaches all good people go to heaven, and the Earth will be destroyed.
Jesus said the meek (righteous) will inherit the Earth.

Who, oh WHO should I believe?

AKA: The bait.

The dropping of some little thing and / or the making of a funny / insulting comment. Designed to elicit an anticipated response.