The Messiah

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Apr 25, 2023
North Bend
Faith
Atheist
Country
United States
I will plant a new heart and new spirit inside of you. I will take out your stubborn, stony heart and give you a willing, tender heart of flesh. Ezekiel 36:26 (VOICE)

Not sure where you get the idea that the words of God are only for a subset of people unless specifically stated to apply to the world. It is the opposite, his words are for all UNLESS he specifically says they apply to a subgroup. You might infer the most limiting interpretation is YHWH's words apply to 'God's chosen people' if they do not apply to all. Here, "you" is personal - to all individually.

Awesome. So God will turn the stubborn stony hearts of every man woman and child who has ever lived-- and ever will live-- on planet earth to a willing tender heart of flesh. That means that everyone on earth will be tender and willing, now and forever. And that means that everyone now and forever will attain salvation. Right?

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Awesome. So God will turn the stubborn stony hearts of every man woman and child who has ever lived-- and ever will live-- on planet earth to a willing tender heart of flesh.

No.

What God does is offer everyone the opportunity to join His eternal family.

The Cross of Christ is the only way there.

John 14:6

Apr 25, 2023
North Bend
Faith
Atheist
Country
United States
The passage that @Wrangler cited doesn't say that. It says that God will replace your stubborn stony heart with a willing, tender heart. That's not an invitation. That's a heart transplant. And according to @Wrangler, God is going to do that for every person who has ever lived and who ever will live.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
The passage that @Wrangler cited doesn't say that. It says that God will replace your stubborn stony heart with a willing, tender heart. That's not an invitation.

Yes, if you will do this, He will....

Jesus said.....>>"all that Believe in me, I give unto them, eternal life, and they shall never go to hell,(perish).

Heaven is gained by faith in Christ.

The Heart in you, exists in your "soul realm"...........this is your mind, will, and emotions.

Free will, exists in your "soul",... that is your mind, will, emotions.

The "stony heart" is a heart of unbelief, And God changes the heart from hardened to healed, or replaced by a change in your belief system.

CHRISTians have a heart of faith, that is not hard, stony, ect.

Unbeliever, have a hard heart...., stony...= a heart of unbelief.

Gottservant

Oct 19, 2022
Greensborough
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The story-- the fairy tale-- of the garden of Eden is key to understanding the Old Testament. In that story the reason God expelled Adam and Eve from the garden is stated in Genesis 3:22:

[...]
Faith is not merely a divergence.

I ask to be excused from this discussion - I find the conclusions reached, hard to contextualize. Sorry.

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Awesome. So God will turn the stubborn stony hearts of every man woman and child who has ever lived-- and ever will live-- on planet earth to a willing tender heart of flesh. That means that everyone on earth will be tender and willing, now and forever. And that means that everyone now and forever will attain salvation. Right?
Wrong. You are deliberately twisting what Scripture and Christians say because your mind is twisted.

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And according to @Wrangler, God is going to do that for every person who has ever lived and who ever will live.
Hateful, you are. The reason you have to put words in the mouth of saints is that you cannot come to terms with the words saints do say.

What is your purpose in coming to a Christian site to hate on Christians and what they say?

Apr 25, 2023
North Bend
Faith
Atheist
Country
United States
Wrong. You are deliberately twisting what Scripture and Christians say because your mind is twisted.

Okay, you have a deeper, more penetrating and comprehensive understanding of that passage than I. So I'll give you my interpretation of it, adjusted for your insight that it applies to every person who ever has lived or whoever will live, and you respond with your interpretation. That way I can benefit from your wisdom. Okay?

A new heart will I give you, and a new spirit I will put within you, and I will remove from your body the heart of stone and give you a heart of flesh.
(Ezekiel 36:26, NRSVue)
My interpretation: God will replace the stony heart of every person who ever has lived or who will live with a new heart and a new spirit.

What is your interpretation?

Reading a bit further we find the following:

Then you shall live in the land that I gave to your ancestors, and you shall be my people, and I shall be your God.
(Ezekiel 36:28, NRSVue)

Originally I thought that statement was specifically directed to the people of Israel. But now, based on your insight that the entire Bible is actually directed at every person that ever has lived or whoever will live, I now see that this means that everyone on planet Earth is going to move to Israel. Is that correct, or does your profound insight lead inexorably to a different interpretation?

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So I'll give you my interpretation of it, adjusted for your insight that it applies to every person who ever has lived or whoever will live, and you respond with your interpretation.
No thank you.

As @ScottA pointed out, all your posts wreak of dictating terms. Your premises are all wrong as is your ongoing mischaracterization of what our position is.

I leave you to re-consider the 30-day experiment.

Reactions: ScottA
Apr 25, 2023
North Bend
Faith
Atheist
Country
United States
No thank you.

As @ScottA pointed out, all your posts wreak of dictating terms. Your premises are all wrong as is your ongoing mischaracterization of what our position is.

I leave you to re-consider the 30-day experiment.

You didn't tell me that you had a difference of opinion about my interpretation of the passage from Ezekiel. You told me my interpretation was wrong. If you cannot-- or will not-- explain why my interpretation is wrong then I have every reason and right to say that your claim is bogus.

Put up or shut up. What is your interpretation?

Romanov2488

Jul 20, 2022
Charlotte
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
You didn't tell me that you had a difference of opinion about my interpretation of the passage from Ezekiel. You told me my interpretation was wrong. If you cannot-- or will not-- explain why my interpretation is wrong then I have every reason and right to say that your claim is bogus.

Put up or shut up. What is your interpretation?
He doesn’t have an interpretation. His word, is the word of God because he is God and we must all kneel before his one & only correct view of the Bible.

Romanov2488

Jul 20, 2022
Charlotte
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
An article of faith. Proving your not the student of science you fancy yourself to be.
Oh so you admit science is diametrically opposed to faith?

Waiting on Wrangler to back-peddle and come up with some disingenuous reply as to why science and faith are not different.

Apr 25, 2023
North Bend
Faith
Atheist
Country
United States
Here's how normal discussions go:

Person A: I believe X.
Person B: I disagree. Why do you believe that X is true?
Person A: I have the following evidentiary examples: D, E, F, ...

Here's how @Wrangler and @ScottA think that discussions about their Christian fever dreams must go:

Christian: I believe X.
Non-Christian: I disagree. Why do you believe X?
Christian: You're a disgusting slime who doesn't even deserve an answer. And you're barreling down the highway to hell. So you're going to BURN BURN BURN for all eternity! HA HA HA! That'll teach you!
Non-Christian: But I asked you why you believe X. You didn't answer my question.
Christian: You're moving the goal posts. I have no need to answer the questions of a worthless scum like you. BEGONE!

Apr 25, 2023
North Bend
Faith
Atheist
Country
United States
@Wrangler:

Neither I nor anyone else on this thread ever mentioned anything about Spiderman. A more relevant comparison might have been something like the following:

A. The Bible proves that Jesus was truly resurrected from the dead and therefore if you want to enjoy an eternal life in paradise you must worship Jesus, our Savior.
B. The Koran is proof that Mohammed was the greatest prophet ever and therefore if you want to enjoy an eternal life in paradise you must follow Islamic law and worship Allah, the one true God.
C. The Book of Mormon is proof that Joseph Smith was a prophet of God. So if you wish to gain salvation you'd better read the Book of Mormon.
D. The writings of Baháʼu'lláh prove that he was the manifestation of God, the Promised One whose coming was predicted by the Báb. So if you wish to gain salvation you'd better read the writings of Baháʼu'lláh.

Last edited:
Apr 25, 2023
North Bend
Faith
Atheist
Country
United States
Hateful, you are. The reason you have to put words in the mouth of saints is that you cannot come to terms with the words saints do say.

What is your purpose in coming to a Christian site to hate on Christians and what they say?

Oh please, stop with the whining already! You barged in to this discussion uninvited. No one asked your opinion. No one forced you to join. But you are so needy and so intolerant of anyone who disagrees with you in the least that you just couldn't resist the opportunity to bash all of your perceived enemies over the head with your ceaseless ad hominem arguments and your 3000 decibel histrionics. If you can't take the criticism then you can always retire to the safety of the Christians Only forums where I'm sure you will never hear a discouraging word.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Here's how normal discussions go:

Person A: I believe X.
Person B: I disagree. Why do you believe that X is true?
Person A: I have the following evidentiary examples: D, E, F, ...

Here's how @Wrangler and @ScottA think that discussions about their Christian fever dreams must go:

Christian: I believe X.
Non-Christian: I disagree. Why do you believe X?
Christian: You're a disgusting slime who doesn't even deserve an answer. And you're barreling down the highway to hell. So you're going to BURN BURN BURN for all eternity! HA HA HA! That'll teach you!
Non-Christian: But I asked you why you believe X. You didn't answer my question.
Christian: You're moving the goal posts. I have no need to answer the questions of a worthless scum like you. BEGONE!

Again, you're not listening.

I told you I wasn't having a "discussion." Furthermore, I have not been saying what I "think."

But make no mistake, in spite of your insolence, it has been an offer of kindness and help.