The Metaphoric Explanation of the Holy Bible – Discovering True Christianity

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

shnarkle

Nov 10, 2013
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
(You will never convince me that a group of Jewish rabbis conspired to hide the Christian Gospel right here in a genealogy within their venerated Torah!)

I agree, however even a glance at the Talmud reveals the fact that they spent countless years pouring over their texts which reveal incredible insights. I've noticed that a number of modern day Jewish websites are practically indistinguishable from their Christian counterparts as well.

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Have you ever heard about Jesus preaching in India? It's said that there were people in India who remembered him when St. Thomas arrived so they knew exactly who Thomas was talking about.

The Tibetan Buddhists also remember Jesus although they spell the name Issa.

I tend to believe it since he said he had other sheep in other folds.
As I see it, one of biggest problems with Hinduism is how the priests who know don't tell most people that there is only One God or emphasize it enough. The "gods" are expressions of Him. Isn't everything? I think Hinduism, properly understood, is monotheistic. That is not meant as a criticism of Hinduism alone; I think most religions struggle with it and often reach the wrong conclusions.

The Hebrews seldom used names for angels and so on since they thought people might begin to worship them as "independent" gods not seeing them as manifestations of the One God.

The Hindu god is NOT the God of the Bible! If you think this is true, go live among the Hindus, and you will see that their god is NOT our God! Their religion is not the religion of the Bible AT ALL!

Now you are spewing falsehoods again!

shnarkle

Nov 10, 2013
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Or souls that believe on Jesus and God? Again you think so but sadly fail to see darkness and darkness.

I doubt that anyone would disagree with your assessment that darkness can't be seen, especially when one is immersed within it. Most will confirm that to see the light is to truly believe.

Some see the darkness and shudder while others embrace it with open arms until they're completely absorbed within themselves, and there is most definitely a sense of sad failure in losing another lost soul to the darkness.

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I agree, however even a glance at the Talmud reveals the fact that they spent countless years pouring over their texts which reveal incredible insights. I've noticed that a number of modern day Jewish websites are practically indistinguishable from their Christian counterparts as well.

Oh, the Talmud, is it? The Talmud is NOT the inspired Word of God!

shnarkle

Nov 10, 2013
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
The Hindu god is NOT the God of the Bible! If you think this is true, go live among the Hindus, and you will see that their god is NOT our God! Their religion is not the religion of the Bible AT ALL!

Paul pointed to the pagan's "unknown" god, and suggested to them that was the god he proclaimed so the Hindu god sounds more like that than what you're talking about.

Paul also quoted pagan philosophers and poets so that he could relate the gospel message to them in terminology they could understand. If Hindus are more likely to welcome the stranger, then I may just take your suggestion. Better to be loved by those with a foreign god's name than hated by those with a familiar one.

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Paul pointed to the pagan's "unknown" god, and suggested to them that was the god he proclaimed so the Hindu god sounds more like that than what you're talking about.

Paul also quoted pagan philosophers and poets so that he could relate the gospel message to them in terminology they could understand. If Hindus are more likely to welcome the stranger, then I may just take your suggestion. Better to be loved by those with a foreign god's name than hated by those with a familiar one.

Paul preached the gospel of Jesus Christ in Athens! Did you miss that in Acts 17?

Okay, well, try being an Untouchable in India, and see how you're treated!

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Better to be inspired with even the mundane, than to approach God's word with a hateful heart.
Who's being hateful? If I hated you, I wouldn't say anything about your false beliefs. I would let you go to hell!

shnarkle

Nov 10, 2013
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Paul preached the gospel of Jesus Christ in Athens! Did you miss that in Acts 17?

I didn't miss anything. That's the exact verse I was referring to. What's your point? Perhaps you missed mine, which was that Paul was able to relate to Pagans and their pagan gods even going so far as to suggest to them that one of THEIR gods was the god he knows. Did you catch that as well?

Okay, well, try being an Untouchable in India, and see how you're treated!

I don't have to go to India to be treated as an untouchable. I need look no further than your posts. Thanks for saving me the trouble.

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I didn't miss anything. That's the exact verse I was referring to. What's your point? Perhaps you missed mine, which was that Paul was able to relate to Pagans and their pagan gods even going so far as to suggest to them that one of THEIR gods was the god he knows. Did you catch that as well?

I don't have to go to India to be treated as an untouchable. I need look no further than your posts. Thanks for saving me the trouble.

Maybe you should read up on how the Untouchables are treated. You seem to be ignorant about it.

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

My point is that you stopped short of telling Paul's main reason for going to Athens, which was to preach the gospel.

shnarkle

Nov 10, 2013
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Who's being hateful? If I hated you, I wouldn't say anything about your false beliefs. I would let you go to hell!
Thanks. The overwhelming and bountiful love of Christ is so abundant in your posts. Thanks for saving me from eternal damnation. It's so great to know that a simple post can save the damned. Your beneficence is truly heart warming.

Reactions: Giuliano

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thanks. The overwhelming and bountiful love of Christ is so abundant in your posts. Thanks for saving me from eternal damnation. It's so great to know that a simple post can save the damned. Your beneficence is truly heart warming.
Perhaps you need to decide who you are. Sometimes, you sound like a Christian, and sometimes you sound like a Hindu or something else. WHO ARE YOU???

shnarkle

Nov 10, 2013
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
My point is that you stopped short of telling Paul's main reason for going to Athens, which was to preach the gospel.

You don't have a point to begin with. Your point was to troll, but you're caught in a lie, or you have a reading comprehension problem. Here's what I actually posted: "so that he could relate the gospel message to them in terminology they could understand." Evidently you were too busy working on your next rant to actually read what I posted.

So not only did I not stop short, I pointed out how and why he was using their pagan gods to proclaim the gospel. If you can't understand a short post online, is there any reason why we should believe you have somehow comprehended the gospel message? When the love of Christ shines through, there's no mistaking it. When one scrutinizes the spec (in this case it isn't even there), and misses the beam in their own eye, there's no mistaking who has a problem.

shnarkle

Nov 10, 2013
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Perhaps you need to decide who you are. Sometimes, you sound like a Christian, and sometimes you sound like a Hindu or something else. WHO ARE YOU???

There's no need for decisions. To the Hindu I am a Hindu. To the Jew I am a Jew. To the atheist, I am an atheist, but to you, I am a complete nobody with nothing better to do than troll the troller.

Before you ask who I am, you might want to ask yourself who you are because I can guarantee you, you are not who you think you are.

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You don't have a point to begin with. Your point was to troll, but you're caught in a lie, or you have a reading comprehension problem. Here's what I actually posted: "so that he could relate the gospel message to them in terminology they could understand." Evidently you were too busy working on your next rant to actually read what I posted.

So not only did I not stop short, I pointed out how and why he was using their pagan gods to proclaim the gospel. If you can't understand a short post online, is there any reason why we should believe you have somehow comprehended the gospel message? When the love of Christ shines through, there's no mistaking it. When one scrutinizes the spec (in this case it isn't even there), and misses the beam in their own eye, there's no mistaking who has a problem.

I'm sorry. I seem to have gotten you confused with Giuliano. How in the world did that happen??

This post of yours is rather insulting, though. Maybe not what Jesus would say in this case? Maybe not the love of Jesus??

But I think my point about the Talmud was valid.

shnarkle

Nov 10, 2013
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
I'm sorry. I seem to have gotten you confused with Giuliano. How in the world did that happen??

God is not a respecter of persons. We're all one in Christ.

This post of yours is rather insulting, though.

Sometimes the truth hurts. The meek and mild cannot be insulted.

Maybe not what Jesus would say in this case? Maybe not the love of Jesus??

Jesus said, "Haven't you read...?" which is what I pointed out. I also pointed out the truth which takes discernment to understand, not personal attacks

You would know your point was false if you had bothered to read it.

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God is not a respecter of persons. We're all one in Christ.
I don't see that you're a Christian in your member info. Do you think that non-christians are one in Christ?

Sometimes the truth hurts. The meek and mild cannot be insulted.
So, it's okay for you to insult me, but not vice versa?? Double standard.

Jesus said, "Haven't you read...?" which is what I pointed out. I also pointed out the truth which takes discernment to understand, not personal attacks
Asking me if I have a reading comprehension problem is not a personal attack?

You would know it was false if you had bothered to read it.
How do you know whether I have read it or not. Do you know me??

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

There is only one God.

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

This post of yours is rather insulting, though. Maybe not what Jesus would say in this case? Maybe not the love of Jesus??

Maybe the Holy Spirit was inspiring you?