The Millennial Kingdom

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Peterlag

Jul 20, 2022
New York
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus made a very plain and simple statement in Matthew 5:5: “The meek will inherit the earth.” Jesus did not invent that statement; he quoted Psalm 37:11. Many of the Jews of Jesus’ time had lost sight of the hope that Israel would be restored on earth, and the situation is the same today. The simple meaning of Matthew 5:5 has been lost due to the traditional teaching that saved people live in heaven forever after they die. Actually, what the Bible teaches is that Jesus Christ will come down from heaven to the earth, fight and win the Battle of Armageddon, and set up his kingdom on earth, which will fill the whole earth (Ps. 2:8; 72:8-11; Dan. 2:35; 7:14; Mic. 5:4; Zech. 9:10; Rev. 2:8; 19:11-21). He will set up his palace in the newly rebuilt Jerusalem, and for 1,000 years reign over all the earth. All the people who have been saved will be there because they will have been raised from the dead. Many scholars refer to this 1,000-year kingdom as the “Millennial Kingdom.” It is the first 1,000 years of the “Kingdom” that Jesus spoke about so often when he taught about “the Kingdom of God.” After the 1,000 years are over there will be a great war (Rev. 20:7-10). Then there will be the second resurrection, and after that the Everlasting City will come down from heaven to earth, and all the saved people of all time will live in it forever (Rev. 21:1-4). Thus, the future reign of Christ on earth is divided into two parts, the Millennial Kingdom, which will last 1,000 years (Rev. 20:1-7), and the Everlasting Kingdom, which will last forever (Rev. 21-22).

Randy Kluth

Apr 27, 2020
Pacific NW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus made a very plain and simple statement in Matthew 5:5: “The meek will inherit the earth.” Jesus did not invent that statement; he quoted Psalm 37:11. Many of the Jews of Jesus’ time had lost sight of the hope that Israel would be restored on earth, and the situation is the same today. The simple meaning of Matthew 5:5 has been lost due to the traditional teaching that saved people live in heaven forever after they die. Actually, what the Bible teaches is that Jesus Christ will come down from heaven to the earth, fight and win the Battle of Armageddon, and set up his kingdom on earth, which will fill the whole earth (Ps. 2:8; 72:8-11; Dan. 2:35; 7:14; Mic. 5:4; Zech. 9:10; Rev. 2:8; 19:11-21). He will set up his palace in the newly rebuilt Jerusalem, and for 1,000 years reign over all the earth. All the people who have been saved will be there because they will have been raised from the dead. Many scholars refer to this 1,000-year kingdom as the “Millennial Kingdom.” It is the first 1,000 years of the “Kingdom” that Jesus spoke about so often when he taught about “the Kingdom of God.” After the 1,000 years are over there will be a great war (Rev. 20:7-10). Then there will be the second resurrection, and after that the Everlasting City will come down from heaven to earth, and all the saved people of all time will live in it forever (Rev. 21:1-4). Thus, the future reign of Christ on earth is divided into two parts, the Millennial Kingdom, which will last 1,000 years (Rev. 20:1-7), and the Everlasting Kingdom, which will last forever (Rev. 21-22).
Good post, and I agree with most of it. However, I'm not sure Jesus and the glorified saints will take up residence in Jerusalem for a thousand years. Not enough room.

I think Jesus comes back with his saints just long enough to establish his Kingdom on earth. And then we will disappear into heaven for a thousand years, only to come back after the thousand years to dwell in a new, enlarged Jerusalem. It will cover the entire Middle East.

The reality is, however--I don't know! ;) But your view seems more biblical than a number of other views I've been hearing elsewhere.

Reactions: marks

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There Will Be No 1,000 Year Millennial Kingdom Upon This Earth, Jesus Christ Returns In Fire And Final Judgement, Dissolving This Existing Earth By Fire, Immediately After The Tribulation

This Existing Heaven And Earth Will Be (Replaced) By The New Heaven, Earth, Jerusalem, A New Creation, At The Return Of Jesus Christ

(Behold, I Make All Things New)

2 Peter 3:10-13KJV
10 But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.
11 Seeing then that all these things shall be dissolved, what manner of persons ought ye to be in all holy conversation and godliness,
12 Looking for and hasting unto the coming of the day of God, wherein the heavens being on fire shall be dissolved, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat?
13 Nevertheless we, according to his promise, look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness.

Revelation 21:1-5KJV
1 And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea.
2 And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.
3 And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God.
4 And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.
5 And he that sat upon the throne said, Behold, I make all things new. And he said unto me, Write: for these words are true and faithful.

Matthew 24:29-30KJV
29 Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken:
30 And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.

1 Corinthians 3:13KJV
13 Every man's work shall be made manifest: for the day shall declare it, because it shall be revealed by fire; and the fire shall try every man's work of what sort it is.

Luke 17:29-30KJV
29 But the same day that Lot went out of Sodom it rained fire and brimstone from heaven, and destroyed them all.
30 Even thus shall it be in the day when the Son of man is revealed.

2 Thessalonians 1:7-9KJV
7 And to you who are troubled rest with us, when the Lord Jesus shall be revealed from heaven with his mighty angels,
8 In flaming fire taking vengeance
on them that know not God, and that obey not the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ:
9 Who shall be punished with everlasting destruction from the presence of the Lord, and from the glory of his power;

Malachi 3:2KJV
2 But who may abide the day of his coming? and who shall stand when he appeareth? for he is like a refiner's fire, and like fullers' soap:

Psalm 46:6KJV
6 The heathen raged, the kingdoms were moved: he uttered his voice, the earth melted.
Psalm 50:3KJV
3 Our God shall come, and shall not keep silence: a fire shall devour before him, and it shall be very tempestuous round about him.

Psalm 97:5KJV
5 The hills melted like wax at the presence of the Lord, at the presence of the Lord of the whole earth.

Isaiah 66:15KJV
15 For, behold, the Lord will come with fire, and with his chariots like a whirlwind, to render his anger with fury, and his rebuke with flames of fire.

Zechariah 14:12KJV
12 And this shall be the plague wherewith the Lord will smite all the people that have fought against Jerusalem; Their flesh shall consume away while they stand upon their feet, and their eyes shall consume away in their holes, and their tongue shall consume away in their mouth.

Nahum 1:5-6KJV
5 The mountains quake at him, and the hills melt, and the earth is burned at his presence, yea, the world, and all that dwell therein.
6 Who can stand before his indignation? and who can abide in the fierceness of his anger? his fury is poured out like fire, and the rocks are thrown down by him.

Revelation 20:9KJV
9 And they went up on the breadth of the earth, and compassed the camp of the saints about, and the beloved city: and fire came down from God out of heaven, and devoured them.

Peterlag

Jul 20, 2022
New York
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Good post, and I agree with most of it. However, I'm not sure Jesus and the glorified saints will take up residence in Jerusalem for a thousand years. Not enough room.

I think Jesus comes back with his saints just long enough to establish his Kingdom on earth. And then we will disappear into heaven for a thousand years, only to come back after the thousand years to dwell in a new, enlarged Jerusalem. It will cover the entire Middle East.

The reality is, however--I don't know! ;) But your view seems more biblical than a number of other views I've been hearing elsewhere.
It would be enough room if it was at a new, enlarged Jerusalem or the whole Earth might be called Jerusalem.

Reactions: Randy Kluth

Davidpt

Dec 6, 2023
East Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It would be enough room if it was at a new, enlarged Jerusalem or the whole Earth might be called Jerusalem.

As to the OP, the only thing I might disagree with is the timing of the NJ. IOW, I tend to think the NJ will already be here upon the earth during the thousand years though the text gives the impression that it doesn't come down until after the great white throne judgment. IOW, there will be plenty of room in the NJ to house everyone, because if there isn't, how does one explain that that is where saints will be dwelling forever with Christ, regardless when one thinks the NJ initially comes down to the earth?

ewq1938

Jul 11, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thus, the future reign of Christ on earth is divided into two parts, the Millennial Kingdom, which will last 1,000 years (Rev. 20:1-7), and the Everlasting Kingdom, which will last forever (Rev. 21-22).

There is no kingdom that lasts only 1000 years so "Millennial kingdom" is a bit misleading but a common term. It's the rule of the rod of iron over the nations which lasts only 1000 years, while the kingdom itself is eternal.

ewq1938

Jul 11, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As to the OP, the only thing I might disagree with is the timing of the NJ. IOW, I tend to think the NJ will already be here upon the earth during the thousand years though the text gives the impression that it doesn't come down until after the great white throne judgment. IOW, there will be plenty of room in the NJ to house everyone, because if there isn't, how does one explain that that is where saints will be dwelling forever with Christ, regardless when one thinks the NJ initially comes down to the earth?

In the NHNE there is no tears and death and pain etc, yet all those things exist in Rev 20 so there is no NJ during any part of the thousand years.

The saints living in a camp next to Jerusalem so whatever the situation is, there is enough room for whoever is considered the saints in the specific verse.

Zao is life

Oct 3, 2020
Africa
zaoislife.blogspot.com
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
We're all experts as to how the Kingdom of Christ, once it comes in its literal form, is going to be administered and where its seat of government will be.

Except that no one is.

Davidpt

Dec 6, 2023
East Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is no kingdom that lasts only 1000 years so "Millennial kingdom" is a bit misleading but a common term. It's the rule of the rod of iron over the nations which lasts only 1000 years, while the kingdom itself is eternal.

I def agree with this. In my view, maybe you agree maybe you don't, the thousand years are simply the first thousand years of the everlasting kingdom.

Zao is life

Oct 3, 2020
Africa
zaoislife.blogspot.com
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
I def agree with this. In my view, maybe you agree maybe you don't, the thousand years are simply the first thousand years of the everlasting kingdom.
I agree. Immortals | immortality | living forever = eternity

@Davidpt Rev 11:15 And the seventh angel sounded. And there were great voices in Heaven, saying, The kingdoms of this world have become the kingdoms of our Lord, and of His Christ. And He will reign forever and ever.

It's the first thousand years of the everlasting Kingdom.

Reactions: marks and Davidpt

Davidpt

Dec 6, 2023
East Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In the NHNE there is no tears and death and pain etc, yet all those things exist in Rev 20 so there is no NJ during any part of the thousand years.

The saints living in a camp next to Jerusalem so whatever the situation is, there is enough room for whoever is considered the saints in the specific verse.

I view things in this manner. Per Revelation 21 and 22 the context is mainly pertaining to the NJ. And that I don't take the NJ to be meaning the entire planet. IOW, though there might be no more tears there, this in meaning in the NJ, the same way when we are told there is no need of the sun or moon to shine upon it. That is only referring to the city, NJ, not the entire planet. It even says so in that same verse.

Revelation 21:23 And the city had no need of the sun, neither of the moon, to shine in it: for the glory of God did lighten it, and the Lamb is the light thereof.

The text clearly says the city, it does not say the entire planet. Maybe you don't dispute that, I don't know. I'm just using this example to try and prove my other point about no more tears, that in this context it is meaning in the NJ and that the NJ isn't meaning the entire planet. Even when comparing to Isaiah 65 it also says it is in Jerusalem, not the entire planet, where these things are relevant.

Isaiah 65:18 But be ye glad and rejoice for ever in that which I create: for, behold, I create Jerusalem a rejoicing, and her people a joy.
19 And I will rejoice in Jerusalem , and joy in my people: and the voice of weeping shall be no more heard in her(obviously meaning Jerusalem), nor the voice of crying

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The OT prophets speak of the fact that after Christ returns. He will rule from Jerusalem. But there will still be other nations..

Jerusalem will be the capitol city of the restored earth

Reactions: marks and Davidpt

ewq1938

Jul 11, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I view things in this manner. Per Revelation 21 and 22 the context is mainly pertaining to the NJ. And that I don't take the NJ to be meaning the entire planet. IOW, though there might be no more tears there, this in meaning in the NJ, the same way when we are told there is no need of the sun or moon to shine upon it. That is only referring to the city, NJ, not the entire planet. It even says so in that same verse.

Revelation 21:23 And the city had no need of the sun, neither of the moon, to shine in it: for the glory of God did lighten it, and the Lamb is the light thereof.

The text clearly says the city, it does not say the entire planet. Maybe you don't dispute that, I don't know. I'm just using this example to try and prove my other point about no more tears, that in this context it is meaning in the NJ and that the NJ isn't meaning the entire planet. Even when comparing to Isaiah 65 it also says it is in Jerusalem, not the entire planet, where these things are relevant.

Isaiah 65:18 But be ye glad and rejoice for ever in that which I create: for, behold, I create Jerusalem a rejoicing, and her people a joy.
19 And I will rejoice in Jerusalem , and joy in my people: and the voice of weeping shall be no more heard in her(obviously meaning Jerusalem), nor the voice of crying

Rev 21:4 And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.

A new light source in the city makes sense that the city does not need the sun but to equate that no dearth only applies to the city makes no sense. Death itself was cast into the LOF before the NHNE, meaning death does not exist anywhere not only in the one city. "no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away" is global.

Rev 20 = old Jerusalem.
Rev 21 = new Jerusalem.

Randy Kluth

Apr 27, 2020
Pacific NW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, I've never been very clear on the timing of the New Jerusalem coming to earth myself. But it appears, at least on the surface, that the city arrives *after* the Millennial Age. Since it "comes down out of heaven" at the end of the thousand years, it appears that the resurrected saints have been there throughout that period, instead of being on the earth, ruling with Christ.

The only problem I've had with this is that we hear Jesus comes back *with his saints* to rule on earth, to establish God's Kingdom on the earth. This would be *at the beginning of the thousand years.*

So it gets a little confusing for me. I tend to think, without proof, that Jesus comes back, together with his resurrected saints, to establish his Kingdom on earth, and then returns to heaven in a heavenly New Jerusalem. So Jesus, together with his saints, reign from heaven for a thousand years until all the people on earth obtain their eternal inheritance.

Otherwise, you have resurrected, immortal saints on earth, together with Jesus, mixing with the mortal population of the earth, not yet judged and resurrected themselves. That would make a pretty big, confusing crowd!

Anyway, it's all arguable for me, and an interesting subject. But it doesn't get anybody saved--just food for thought. Perhaps that is why God doesn't spend a lot of time on it?

Zao is life

Oct 3, 2020
Africa
zaoislife.blogspot.com
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Rev 21:4 And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.

A new light source in the city makes sense that the city does not need the sun but to equate that no dearth only applies to the city makes no sense. Death itself was cast into the LOF before the NHNE, meaning death does not exist anywhere not only in the one city. "no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away" is global.

Rev 20 = old Jerusalem.
Rev 21 = new Jerusalem.
I see new Jerusalem as being the city of the living God, the city of the Great King:

But you have come to Mount Zion
and to the city of the living God,
the heavenly Jerusalem,
and to an innumerable company of angels,
to the general assembly and church of the first-born
who are written in Heaven,
and to God the judge of all,
and to the spirits of just men made perfect,
and to Jesus the Mediator of the new covenant,
and to the blood of sprinkling that speaks better things than that of Abel.
(Hebrews 12:22-24)

It's already here, but it's going to come down from God out of heaven after death and hades have been destroyed in the LOF.

IOW it's in Christ:

There is one body and one Spirit, even as you are called in one hope of your calling, one Lord, one faith, one baptism, one God and Father of all, who is above all and through all and in you all.-- Ephesians 4:4-6

"There is to us only one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we in Him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, through whom are all things, and we by Him." -- 1 Cor 8:6

It's not because I don't believe that the Kingdom of Christ is come, and is coming after His return in a literal 1,000 reign of the Messiah. It's just that I don't understand how "old Jerusalem" fits with New Jerusalem in accordance with the above scriptures, if New Jerusalem has not descended from God out of heaven yet.

Davidpt

Dec 6, 2023
East Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, I've never been very clear on the timing of the New Jerusalem coming to earth myself. But it appears, at least on the surface, that the city arrives *after* the Millennial Age. Since it "comes down out of heaven" at the end of the thousand years, it appears that the resurrected saints have been there throughout that period, instead of being on the earth, ruling with Christ.

The only problem I've had with this is that we hear Jesus comes back *with his saints* to rule on earth, to establish God's Kingdom on the earth. This would be *at the beginning of the thousand years.*

So it gets a little confusing for me. I tend to think, without proof, that Jesus comes back, together with his resurrected saints, to establish his Kingdom on earth, and then returns to heaven in a heavenly New Jerusalem. So Jesus, together with his saints, reign from heaven for a thousand years until all the people on earth obtain their eternal inheritance.

Otherwise, you have resurrected, immortal saints on earth, together with Jesus, mixing with the mortal population of the earth, not yet judged and resurrected themselves. That would make a pretty big, confusing crowd!

Anyway, it's all arguable for me, and an interesting subject. But it doesn't get anybody saved--just food for thought. Perhaps that is why God doesn't spend a lot of time on it?

I know, SDAs, for example, believe the saints are in heaven the entire thousand years, except they have the earth empty of any human inhabitants during the thousand years. They use Jeremiah 4:23-25 to supposedly support that interpretation.

But as to me, I don't see the problem with mortals and immortals co-existing at the same time. Obviously, once Christ rose from the dead He became immortal and was dwelling among mortals at the time. Not to mention, the fact angels are immortal, there are numerous accounts of angels in the OT appearing among mortals, some of them even having meals with them. IOW, immortals dwelling among mortals is not a new idea, something the Bible knows nothing of.

We have to keep in mind as well, the following.

Revelation 2:26 And he that overcometh, and keepeth my works unto the end, to him will I give power over the nations:
27 And he shall rule them with a rod of iron; as the vessels of a potter shall they be broken to shivers: even as I received of my Father.

Jesus is the speaker here and that He is giving this power over the nations to overcomers and that when they end up possessing this power, it appears to be meaning after He has returned. We are to believe they exercise this power via heaven rather than them being present on the earth at the time?

Randy Kluth

Apr 27, 2020
Pacific NW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I know, SDAs, for example, believe the saints are in heaven the entire thousand years, except they have the earth empty of any human inhabitants during the thousand years. They use Jeremiah 4:23-25 to supposedly support that interpretation.

But as to me, I don't see the problem with mortals and immortals co-existing at the same time. Obviously, once Christ rose from the dead He became immortal and was dwelling among mortals at the time. Not to mention, the fact angels are immortal, there are numerous accounts of angels in the OT appearing among mortals, some of them even having meals with them. IOW, immortals dwelling among mortals is not a new idea, something the Bible knows nothing of.

We have to keep in mind as well, the following.

Revelation 2:26 And he that overcometh, and keepeth my works unto the end, to him will I give power over the nations:
27 And he shall rule them with a rod of iron; as the vessels of a potter shall they be broken to shivers: even as I received of my Father.

Jesus is the speaker here and that He is giving this power over the nations to overcomers and that when they end up possessing this power, it appears to be meaning after He has returned. We are to believe they exercise this power via heaven rather than them being present on the earth at the time?
Yes, I actually think the immortal saints will rule *from heaven* during the Millennial Age. Angels exercise authority on earth from heaven right now. Jesus exercises authority on earth from heaven right now.

And as you suggested, Jesus was here after rising from the dead. But he had not yet put on his immortal body, as I understand it. He had to go to heaven to get that.

So can Jesus and the immortalized saints come down from heaven to establish God's Kingdom on the earth without remaining here? That's what I don't know. It's something we have to decide for ourselves.

PinSeeker

Oct 4, 2021
Nashville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus made a very plain and simple statement in Matthew 5:5: “The meek will inherit the earth.” Jesus did not invent that statement; he quoted Psalm 37:11. Many of the Jews of Jesus’ time had lost sight of the hope that Israel would be restored on earth, and the situation is the same today. The simple meaning of Matthew 5:5 has been lost due to the traditional teaching that saved people live in heaven forever after they die. Actually, what the Bible teaches is that Jesus Christ will come down from heaven to the earth, fight and win the Battle of Armageddon, and set up his kingdom on earth, which will fill the whole earth (Ps. 2:8; 72:8-11; Dan. 2:35; 7:14; Mic. 5:4; Zech. 9:10; Rev. 2:8; 19:11-21).
Right with you up to this point...

He will set up his palace in the newly rebuilt Jerusalem, and for 1,000 years reign over all the earth.
No, the 1000 years will be over at this point, else he would not yet have come down from heaven.

All the people who have been saved will be there because they will have been raised from the dead.
Right, because they are the ones resurrected to eternal life, but in addition to all who have not been saved, as they are the ones resurrected to judgment.

Many scholars refer to this 1,000-year kingdom as the “Millennial Kingdom.” It is the first 1,000 years of the “Kingdom” that Jesus spoke about so often when he taught about “the Kingdom of God.”
Agreed. But it is the period where the Kingdom is coming to fullness, full fruition.

After the 1,000 years are over there will be a great war (Rev. 20:7-10). Then there will be the second resurrection, and after that the Everlasting City will come down from heaven to earth, and all the saved people of all time will live in it forever (Rev. 21:1-4).
Agreed; I would call it Christ's final victory over Satan, but sure.

Thus, the future reign of Christ on earth is divided into two parts, the Millennial Kingdom, which will last 1,000 years (Rev. 20:1-7), and the Everlasting Kingdom, which will last forever (Rev. 21-22).
As I said, the Millennial Kingdom will have been brought to a close with all of Israel (the fullness of the Gentile elect and then the Jewish elect, thus all of Israel [Romans 11:25-26]). Then, after Satan has been loosed for a short time, Jesus's final victory, then the physical resurrection of all (to eternal life for many and to judgment for the rest), then the final Judgment (graphically portrayed in Matthew 25:31-46 and Revelation 20:11-15), and then finally the New Heaven and New Earth and the consummation of the everlasting Kingdom, which always was and is and will be what it is.

The misunderstanding here is basically that all the events of Revelation 20 are chronologically subsequent to those of Revelation 19:11-21; rather, Revelation 19:11-21 should be seen as the same as but describing in a different way and with a slightly different focus than the events of Revelation 20:7-15.

Grace and peace.

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

Absolute nonsense. None of the referenced scriptures above and shown below support your theory.

Ps 2:8

7 I will proclaim the decree
spoken to Me by the LORD:
“You are My Son;
today I have become Your Father.
8 Ask Me, and I will make the nations Your inheritance,
the ends of the earth Your possession.
9 You will break them with an iron scepter;
You will shatter them like pottery.”

Ps 72:8-11

8 He shall have dominion also from sea to sea,
And from the River to the ends of the earth.
9 Those who dwell in the wilderness will bow before Him,
And His enemies will lick the dust.
10 The kings of Tarshish and of the isles
Will bring presents;
The kings of Sheba and Seba
Will offer gifts.
11 Yes, all kings shall fall down before Him;
All nations shall serve Him.

Daniel 2:35: -

34 You watched while a stone was cut out without hands, which struck the image on its feet of iron and clay and broke them in pieces. 35 Then the iron, the clay, the bronze, the silver, and the gold were crushed together, and became like chaff from the summer threshing floors; the wind carried them away so that no trace of them was found. And the stone that struck the image became a great mountain and filled the whole earth.

Daniel 7:14: -

13 "I was watching in the night visions,
And behold, One like the Son of Man,
Coming with the clouds of heaven!
He came to the Ancient of Days,
And they brought Him near before Him.
14 Then to Him was given dominion and glory and a kingdom,
That all peoples, nations, and languages should serve Him.
His dominion is an everlasting dominion,
Which shall not pass away,
And His kingdom the one
Which shall not be destroyed.

Miciah 5:4: -

3 Therefore He shall give them up,
Until the time that she who is in labour has given birth;
Then the remnant of His brethren
Shall return to the children of Israel.
4 And He shall stand and feed His flock
In the strength of the Lord,
In the majesty of the name of the Lord His God;
And they shall abide,
For now, He shall be great
To the ends of the earth;
5 And this One shall be peace.

Zechraiah 9:10

9 "Rejoice greatly, O daughter of Zion!
Shout, O daughter of Jerusalem!
Behold, your King is coming to you;
He is just and having salvation,
Lowly and riding on a donkey,
A colt, the foal of a donkey.
10 I will cut off the chariot from Ephraim
And the horse from Jerusalem;
The battle bow shall be cut off.
He shall speak peace to the nations;
His dominion shall be 'from sea to sea,
And from the River to the ends of the earth.'

Revelation 2:8: -

8 “And to the angel of the church in Smyrna write,
‘These things says the First and the Last, who was dead, and came to life:

Revelation 19:11-21: -

Christ on a White Horse

11 Now I saw heaven opened, and behold, a white horse. And He who sat on him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness He judges and makes war. 12 His eyes were like a flame of fire, and on His head were many crowns. He had a name written that no one knew except Himself. 13 He was clothed with a robe dipped in blood, and His name is called The Word of God. 14 And the armies in heaven, clothed in fine linen, white and clean, followed Him on white horses. 15 Now out of His mouth goes a sharp sword, that with it He should strike the nations. And He Himself will rule them with a rod of iron. He Himself treads the winepress of the fierceness and wrath of Almighty God. 16 And He has on His robe and on His thigh a name written:

KING OF KINGS AND
LORD OF LORDS.

The Beast and His Armies Defeated

17 Then I saw an angel standing in the sun; and he cried with a loud voice, saying to all the birds that fly in the midst of heaven, “Come and gather together for the supper of the great God, 18 that you may eat the flesh of kings, the flesh of captains, the flesh of mighty men, the flesh of horses and of those who sit on them, and the flesh of all people, free and slave, both small and great.”

19 And I saw the beast, the kings of the earth, and their armies, gathered together to make war against Him who sat on the horse and against His army. 20 Then the beast was captured, and with him the false prophet who worked signs in his presence, by which he deceived those who received the mark of the beast and those who worshiped his image. These two were cast alive into the lake of fire burning with brimstone. 21 And the rest were killed with the sword which proceeded from the mouth of Him who sat on the horse. And all the birds were filled with their flesh.

Shalom

ewq1938

Jul 11, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I see new Jerusalem as being the city of the living God, the city of the Great King:

But you have come to Mount Zion
and to the city of the living God,
the heavenly Jerusalem,
and to an innumerable company of angels,
to the general assembly and church of the first-born
who are written in Heaven,
and to God the judge of all,
and to the spirits of just men made perfect,
and to Jesus the Mediator of the new covenant,
and to the blood of sprinkling that speaks better things than that of Abel.
(Hebrews 12:22-24)

It's already here, but it's going to come down from God out of heaven after death and hades have been destroyed in the LOF.

IOW it's in Christ:

There is one body and one Spirit, even as you are called in one hope of your calling, one Lord, one faith, one baptism, one God and Father of all, who is above all and through all and in you all.-- Ephesians 4:4-6

"There is to us only one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we in Him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, through whom are all things, and we by Him." -- 1 Cor 8:6

It's not because I don't believe that the Kingdom of Christ is come, and is coming after His return in a literal 1,000 reign of the Messiah. It's just that I don't understand how "old Jerusalem" fits with New Jerusalem in accordance with the above scriptures, if New Jerusalem has not descended from God out of heaven yet.

I'm not clear if there is a disagreement with what I posted.