The Mystery Revealed

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
don't know what it will be, yes. what it will for sure be, though, is "right now," whenever one gets to there, right? You can only ever be in "right now," is kind of the point there. "Seek to please God now, where you are."

i read The Shack a couple years ago, wasn't my cuppa, what impacted you the most in it?
Seek to please God now.
OK.

The Shack helped me to understand how the persons of the Holy Trinity are intertwined. Their relationship. How they each had their work to do but each one knew what the other one was doing.

I enjoyed it. Simple but nice.

Reactions: bbyrd009

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
ha, actually i never think about it, until ppl start assuring me about stuff that they know for a fact, here lol
I only know there's a place with God and a place without God.
And that it's probably very nice. And there better be plenty of mountains there and pretty flowers !!
Guess that's what you mean by how we won't really know.
I read once that heaven is going to be whatever you need it to be.
But I doubt we'll have any "needs" once we get there.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Seek to please God now.
OK.

The Shack helped me to understand how the persons of the Holy Trinity are intertwined. Their relationship. How they each had their work to do but each one knew what the other one was doing.

ya, i had just completely rejected Trinity doctrine then, hadn't allowed any back in yet, so i think that was prolly a wall. i might try it again :)

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
And that it's probably very nice. And there better be plenty of mountains there and pretty flowers !!
yes, your needs are pretty much taken care of then :)

however, we are talking about two different times now

Reactions: GodsGrace

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
ya, i had just completely rejected Trinity doctrine then, hadn't allowed any back in yet, so i think that was prolly a wall. i might try it again :)
The Trinity is not easy to understand but it makes sense to me.
It's like a man being different things:
A father
A son
An uncle

Except that God is powerful and He could get his different "persons" out of Himself and they could be different workers. They each have their own personality and work to do. It's very interesting actually.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
The Trinity is not easy to understand but it makes sense to me.
It's like a man being different things:
A father
A son
An uncle

Except that God is powerful and He could get his different "persons" out of Himself and they could be different workers. They each have their own personality and work to do. It's very interesting actually.
i'm kind of with Richard oti there tbh, i see the repetition of the theme not as counterfeits, but all things for all people, throughout the ages; even if my focus would not be there on many Christs. We are all supposed to follow, so i wouldn't exclude anyone with a monotheist conception

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
i'm kind of with Richard oti there tbh, i see the repetition of the theme not as counterfeits, but all things for all people, throughout the ages; even if my focus would not be there on many Christs. We are all supposed to follow, so i wouldn't exclude anyone with a monotheist conception
There's a debate here going on about that right now.
If we say Jesus is our Lord and Savior and we worship Him and He is NOT God, are we not breaking the 1st Commandment??

( I don't know what @Richard_oti believes)

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
If we say Jesus is our Lord and Savior and we worship Him and He is NOT God, are we not breaking the 1st Commandment?
ah well the Q is badly framed because we are not supposed to worship Christ anyway, ha kind of leading in to
"an understanding of virgin birth and Savior as more like a representative model, repeated many times." paraphrased
Ro would have to speak for himself there though

many would call this blasphemy though right
i don't really give it any weight

Last edited:

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
ah well the Q is badly framed because we are not supposed to worship Christ anyway, ha kind of leading in to
"an understanding of virgin birth and Savior as more like a representative model, repeated many times." paraphrased
Ro would have to speak for himself there though

many would call this blasphemy though right
i don't really give it any weight
What do you mean we shouldn't worship Christ?
Yes. Let Richard oti speak for himself.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

I love that post of yours well said...agree...how on earth can people say- "they know"...
Maybe I mentioned it before, but an old lady 86 , who was a good old friend (the mother of my best friend) so I knew her very well, she had pneumonia and died,( deep winter -25) .. they prayed for her and she came back!
She was so upset that they were praying over her and calling her back.
She said she had 'landed' in a most beautiful garden on a bright day of china blue skies...she was so happy, then she heard her sister calling "Emma, Emma", she turned around to see her sister , and right then she was zapped back again to her bedroom and 4 people praying over her.
Boy was she angry at them.
The sad ending was that about a year later she went into dementia and ended up in a Old Folk Home...all alone...and there she died. ( by then I lived miles away)
As you and bbyrd are saying, we may 'think' that we know, but we dont know at all.

< now we could have a discussion about the will and sovereignty of God, like why were the prayers of the prayer's got her back, when she herself didn't want to come back! LOL >

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

I read it once and threw it away.
Then I saw him interviewed and was very impressed, he explained what it was all about...his child abuse and everything. Why he chose to type God as a black female..etc.. So I bought the book again and read it slower.
It's not my favourite book by any means, but at least I understood his message. He never intended it for publication, he only wrote it for his kids, to show them his messed up concepts of his shattered life.
His family and friends pushed him to publish. But you probably know all that already :D

Reactions: bbyrd009

truthquest

May 23, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But then Jesus also said: John 20:17 Yeshua said to her. “Don't cling to me, for I have not yet ascended to join my Father, and go join my brothers and say to them that I ascend to join my Father and your Father, my God, and your God.”

Just something to think about.

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
I love that post of yours well said...agree...how on earth can people say- "they know"...
Maybe I mentioned it before, but an old lady 86 , who was a good old friend (the mother of my best friend) so I knew her very well, she had pneumonia and died,( deep winter -25) .. they prayed for her and she came back!
She was so upset that they were praying over her and calling her back.
She said she had 'landed' in a most beautiful garden on a bright day of china blue skies...she was so happy, then she heard her sister calling "Emma, Emma", she turned around to see her sister , and right then she was zapped back again to her bedroom and 4 people praying over her.
Boy was she angry at them.
The sad ending was that about a year later she went into dementia and ended up in a Old Folk Home...all alone...and there she died. ( by then I lived miles away)
As you and bbyrd are saying, we may 'think' that we know, but we dont know at all.

< now we could have a discussion about the will and sovereignty of God, like why were the prayers of the prayer's got her back, when she herself didn't want to come back! LOL >
With God nothing is wasted. She came back because it wasn't her time or maybe she had something still to accomplish. Maybe she saved someone's soul?
I wouldn't feel so guilty about getting her back, or she so angry.
It was God's will. God is sovereign. Even though I do not believe He created evil, I do believe He allows it and why we don't know.
He allows what He will, even your friend returning to this earth.

All I know for sure is a place where there is ONLY good, will be a most beautiful place!

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
I read it once and threw it away.
Then I saw him interviewed and was very impressed, he explained what it was all about...his child abuse and everything. Why he chose to type God as a black female..etc.. So I bought the book again and read it slower.
It's not my favourite book by any means, but at least I understood his message. He never intended it for publication, he only wrote it for his kids, to show them his messed up concepts of his shattered life.
His family and friends pushed him to publish. But you probably know all that already :D
It's not a theological book.
Anyone who buys it and reads it like that will be greatly disappointed, and maybe even upset.
I liked the relationship it showed between the 3 persons. And how it depicted heaven as such a wonderful and peaceful place.
I think those are the only reasons I liked it.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
it depicted heaven
was my issue with it, tbh. Ppl "depicting" heaven, i mean please already. The Heaven is for Real debacle wasn't enough? This is a grave sin, imo, that fits perfectly with those who would teach their kids Santa Claus, and Easter Bunny. i understand that it is done in ignorance, don't get me wrong, but it is even a sign imo

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
was my issue with it, tbh. Ppl "depicting" heaven, i mean please already. The Heaven is for Real debacle wasn't enough? This is a grave sin, imo, that fits perfectly with those who would teach their kids Santa Claus, and Easter Bunny. i understand that it is done in ignorance, don't get me wrong, but it is even a sign imo
I'm going to have to watch Heaven is For Real. I think it's on Youtube or something.

How do we know it isn't true? (I haven't seen it)
I had an experience you wouldn't believe.
I'd never share it with anymore for that exact reason.
Nothing like what you're talking about, but still...

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
So you think Jesus was a good teacher?
Or maybe the Messiah?
But that's it?
um, "maybe the Messiah, but that's it?" lol

imo there are lots of believers, all mostly eager to invite seekers in to (a grave) an understanding of worshipping Jesus to get to heaven, when they die, who are quick to teach predestination, and slow to teach Nehushtan worship. For money, of course; you will not find anyone who holds these beliefs who has not paid some money to learn them, too, i guess, right.

don't they even take the money and build towers with it? i mean how much more plain could the truth be lol