The myth of grace-only & easy-believism shattered forever

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think we've pretty much established that you slept through your "Catholic" years and remained ignorant.
Then, you were seduced out of the Church by a "feel-good" message of easy-believism.

Sad and ALL-too familiar story . . .
Have some respect. She is probably twice your age.

RogerDC

Jan 17, 2020
Forster
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The blood of Jesus sanctifies (Hebrews 13:12, Hebrews 10:29) so that those who are cleansed by it (1 John 1:7) will not be committing those sins (see also 1 John 3:9).
Nowhere in Scripture does it say the blood of Christ prevents a believer from committing serious sins. If that were the case, there would be no need for Paul to warn believers that their sins can result in them not inheriting the kingdom of God (Gal 5:19-21). 1John 1:8 says, “If we say we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us” (1John 1:8). Believers can even commit “deadly” sins (1John 5:16), which causes the loss of justification.

Furthermore, consider 1Peter 1:14-17,
“As obedient children, do not be conformed to the passions of your former ignorance, but as He who called you is holy, be holy yourselves in all your conduct, since it is written, ‘YOU SHALL BE HOLY, for I am holy’. And if you invoke as Father Him who judges each one impartially according to his deeds, conduct yourselves with fear throughout the time of your exile.”

In this passage, Peter is commanding believers to “be holy”, because God will judge them according to how they behave, and therefore they should conduct themselves “with fear”. If the blood of Jesus means believers will not commit serious sins, there would be no need for Peter to issue this warning.

RogerDC

Jan 17, 2020
Forster
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
That is absolutely ridiculous. If I know someone really well but have never met his wife, he is not going to say to me that he doesn't know me.
In Matt 7:21-22, Jesus is talking to Christian believers, so of course He knows them. Therefore, when Jesus says, “I never knew you”, He is not speaking literally, but is using a figure-of-speech that means, “I am disowning you - so it’s as if I never knew you at all.”
And this is assuming that the *Catholic Church* is the bride of Christ.
That’s right - the Catholic Church is the “bride of Christ”.
What you don't understand is that all those who believe in Jesus are counted as the bride.
According to Matt 7:21-23, Jesus will say to certain lawless believers, “I never knew you” - which suggests not all believers will saved.
To say that you have to be in the Catholic Church in order to be saved diminishes Catholicism to cult-like status, in my book.
I never said only those in the Catholic Church will be saved.

RogerDC

Jan 17, 2020
Forster
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
So what?..here’s what.....
Since the church had no name, they can only be identified by the doctrine and experience they are recorded having. The only way anyone can know they are in that specific church is if their doctrine and experience is exactly like the 1st century church. We are accountable to the 1st century church, and no other one.
Nevertheless, what the 1st century Church taught must have been taught by the Church later on, in the centuries that followed. Unfortunately for your claims, the only pre-Reformation Church that historians can find in the centuries after the 1st century is the Catholic Church.

Furthermore, nowhere in the NT does it say all the beliefs, doctrines and practices of the 1st century Church are recorded therein, so the NT cannot be used as a definitive guide for identifying the 1st century Church.

RogerDC

Jan 17, 2020
Forster
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Funny, my grandmother, mother, my siblings and I were kneeling and praying to statues and you say we did not learn that from the RCC.
Funny, I was brought up Catholic and I never once prayed to a statue or even in front of a statue. Nor did I ever witness a priest telling anyone to pray to a statue.

RogerDC

Jan 17, 2020
Forster
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
There is one God and one mediator, right?
Now for your test.
Who is that one mediator?....
Jesus?
Priest?
Pick one.
The man, Christ Jesus is the one mediator between God and man, but the Church is “the body (and) the fullness” of Christ Jesus (Eph 1:22), who is the “head” of the Church (Col 1:18). Since the Church is the “fullness” of Christ, and since the head cannot be separated from the body, the Church shares (albeit in a lesser way) in the roles and powers of Christ, such as the role of mediator between God and man. However, the Church’s role as mediator is subordinate to Christ’s role as mediator, since the head controls the body.

Furthermore, where does the Bible say there can be no mediators between man and “the man, Christ Jesus”?

RogerDC

Jan 17, 2020
Forster
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Catholics claim that Mary is the mother of God; when in all reality she is the mother of the Son of God, that is, Jesus in His humanity, while the Father begat Jesus in His Deity.
In Luke 1:43, Elizabeth calls Mary “the mother of my Lord”.

Who is “my Lord”? (Here’s a clue: In the context, “Lord” always refers to God.)

RogerDC

Jan 17, 2020
Forster
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The author of the trinity is the RCC. That’s all I need to question it.
If Jesus is not God, why does Col 1:16 says “all things were created THROUGH HIM and FOR HIM”?

And why does Col 1:19 says “ALL the FULLNESS OF GOD was pleased to dwell” in Jesus?

Reactions: Helen

RogerDC

Jan 17, 2020
Forster
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The Catholic Church is the Roman state church. The RCC(Catholic Church) is not the church we read of founded at Pentecost.
St. Ignatius, the third Bishop of Antioch, in a letter to the Smyrnaeans, dated circa 110 AD, refers to his Church as “the Catholic Church”. So “the Catholic Church” existed centuries before Constantine made the Catholic Church the “Roman state church”.

RogerDC

Jan 17, 2020
Forster
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Mary had other kids besides Jesus.
If so, why did Jesus, just before he died, place Mary under the care of one of the apostles (John 19: 26-27)? That makes no sense if Mary had other children to look after her.

RogerDC

Jan 17, 2020
Forster
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I come across many a RCC who do as the Protestants claim however. my children went to RC schools and I can say that them schools were a disgrace I never met one genuine Christian in all who I came across, not one wanted to talk about Jesus Christ and the last Principle was a total Atheist creep and the Last Priest was a total moron, the only thing that they were peddling was Social indoctrination Political Correctness and never sanding up for Jesus Christ, as they claim that he is 'a' way, not 'the' Way ! it's all Politically Correct now, so not to offend anyone or the Devil himself I may add.
The Priest claimed that he had a job, I pointed out that it was not a job at all, but a vocation, not to mention that he claimed that everyone was awesome ! Wrong ! he would start off in Church with you are all Awesome ! :eek: that's totally wrong, not to mention Satanic. but if the truth was in him he could claim we are all Sinners and we need Jesus Christ at the foremost of our lives. but that would not go down well with all the awesome people :oops:.
I am a Catholic and I agree with you that some Catholics and some Catholic schools are a "disgrace". And I will go further … a lot of what has been going on in mainstream Catholic culture since the 1960's is a disgrace. Many Catholic teachers have very weak faith or even no faith at all, and most of the clergy are cultural Marxists and devoted disciples of political correctness - their corrupt mentality is reflected in their preaching and their schools ... if you want your son or daughter to get brainwashed into thinking just like the secular Loony Left, just send them along to a Catholic school!

The spiritual corruption on display in the Catholic Church doesn’t prove the Catholic Church is not the Lord’s one true Church, nor does it prove that the what the CC teaches as doctrine is false - it merely means that during the Great Apostasy (2Thess 2), the devil is having a field day inside God’s Church.

RogerDC

Jan 17, 2020
Forster
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
the Last Priest was a total moron ... never sanding up for Jesus Christ, as they claim that he is 'a' way, not 'the' Way!
Hearing this is painful, but it doesn’t surprise me at all … one of the greatest evils that crept into the Church after Vatican II (1960’s) is what they call “Interfaith Dialogue” - a Modernist movement which promotes a very unhealthy respect for non-Christian religions (which are actually “antichrist” religions - 1John 4).

Respect for non-Christian religions is a product of the so-called Enlightenment … it took a few centuries, but this poison managed to not only worm its way into God’s Church, but it rose right to the very top and infected the minds of Popes. The late Pope John Paul II (the “Koran Kisser”) took it upon himself to obsessively promote this satanic poison for decades. He succeeded in single-handedly destroying the missionary spirit of the Church, which had been active for thousands of years (my uncle was a Catholic priest who served as a (so-called) missionary” in India. He told me he never tried to convert anyone to the Catholic faith - instead he tried to make Hindus “better Hindus”! He was dead against conversion and any mention of the ‘c’ word actually made him very angry … as I found out!).

Since the death of Pope John Paul II, his precious pagan-loving movement has thankfully withered on the vine, but there are still many brainwashed clergymen who foolishly support it - unlike traditionalist Catholics (the faithful remnant) who find the whole thing appalling, absurd and repulsively alien to their faith.

Demonic assaults on the Catholic faith such as “Interfaith Dialogue” may have their day in the sun, but they will not succeed in destroying the Catholic Church or polluting her doctrines - Jesus promised that “the gates of Hell will not prevail against” His Church (Matt 16:18).

Last edited:

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Believers can even commit “deadly” sins (1John 5:16), which causes the loss of justification.

Depends on what type of believer. The nominal, shallow, or lukewarm believer can indeed fall away (Luke 8:13).

However, the Christian with the fear of the LORD (Jeremiah 32:38-40, Psalms 19:9) who has a heart faith that is unto righteousness (Romans 10:10), cannot (John 5:24, John 6:47, John 10:27-30) (here we go again...)

If the blood of Jesus means believers will not commit serious sins, there would be no need for Peter to issue this warning.

The blood of Jesus does indeed sanctify (Hebrews 13:12, Hebrews 10:29, 1 John 1:7)...if you would be willing to look up the verses.

In Matt 7:21-22, Jesus is talking to Christian believers, so of course He knows them. Therefore, when Jesus says, “I never knew you”, He is not speaking literally, but is using a figure-of-speech that means, “I am disowning you - so it’s as if I never knew you at all.”

That makes no sense at all. What He is saying is that Christian believers who say to Him Lord, Lord, and do not do what He says are not true Christians at all...He literally has never known them.

Furthermore, where does the Bible say there can be no mediators between man and “the man, Christ Jesus”?

You do understand that Jesus is God? There is only one mediator between God and man.

In Luke 1:43, Elizabeth calls Mary “the mother of my Lord”.

Who is “my Lord”? (Here’s a clue: In the context, “Lord” always refers to God.)

So you are saying that Mary is the mother of Jesus' Deity? That would make Mary God in some fashion...and I suppose that this is the next doctrine to broach the Catholic spectrum of belief.

If Jesus is not God,

I don't think that @Truther believes that Jesus isn't God...he is Oneness: among the ranks of those who believe that Jesus is the Father.

The spiritual corruption on display in the Catholic Church doesn’t prove the Catholic Church is not the Lord’s one true Church,

It does in my book.

it merely means that during the Great Apostasy (2Thess 2), the devil is having a field day inside God’s Church.

You should take a wild look at some Protestant churches...you won't find the same apostasy there...but a moving of the Holy Spirit (not in all Protestant denominations; but in some: you just need to have a keen eye for knowing living water when you see it).

Last edited:

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
First, you need to go back to the beginning, and explain why you are in protest to Luther, Calvin, and Zwingli. You have strayed far from your own roots, and preach theological faddism. Bottom line: you have invented your own private religion.
Just as Protestants do not follow after the Catholics in making idols out of saints, we do not make idols out of Luther, Calvin, and Zwingli. We go by what the Bible says.