The Myth of saying that Jesus Christ died for all men without exception !

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Scott Downey

Dec 19, 2021
New Brunswick
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
According to God's grace is your salvation for you are saved by grace by the means of faith, and this is not of yourselves, it is the gift of God, lest anyone should boast. No flesh will God allow to boast in His presence, such as you chose God, your faith is the gift of God. He chose you.

Romans 4:16
Therefore it is of faith that it might be according to grace, so that the promise might be sure to all the seed, not only to those who are of the law, but also to those who are of the faith of Abraham, who is the father of us all

Scott Downey

Dec 19, 2021
New Brunswick
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Romans 10, God says He was found by those who did not seek for Him, He was made manifest by those who did not ask for Him
Meaning you faith was gifted to you according to His grace for you.
Faith comes by hearing God speak. God speaks to the inner man of the spirit, those who are of God hear him speak, and if you do not hear, then you are not of God, meaning you not born again by the Holy Spirit.

14 How then shall they call on Him in whom they have not believed? And how shall they believe in Him of whom they have not heard? And how shall they hear without a preacher? 15 And how shall they preach unless they are sent? As it is written:

“How beautiful are the feet of those who preach the gospel of peace,
Who bring glad tidings of good things!”

16 But they have not all obeyed the gospel. For Isaiah says, “Lord, who has believed our report?” 17 So then faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

18 But I say, have they not heard? Yes indeed:

“Their sound has gone out to all the earth,
And their words to the ends of the world.”

19 But I say, did Israel not know? First Moses says:

“I will provoke you to jealousy by those who are not a nation,
I will move you to anger by a foolish nation.”

20 But Isaiah is very bold and says:

“I was found by those who did not seek Me;
I was made manifest to those who did not ask for Me.

Scott Downey

Dec 19, 2021
New Brunswick
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Your faith is given to you by God, God deals out in measurable levels, all have faith, they just don't all have the same amount.
Romans 12:3

For I say, through the grace given to me, to everyone who is among you (church people only), not to think of himself more highly than he ought to think, but to think soberly, as God has dealt to each one a measure of faith.

Scott Downey

Dec 19, 2021
New Brunswick
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Romans 16:25-27
New King James Version

25 Now to Him who is able to establish you according to my gospel and the preaching of Jesus Christ, according to the revelation of the mystery kept secret since the world began 26 but now made manifest, and by the prophetic Scriptures made known to all nations, according to the commandment of the everlasting God, for obedience to the faith— 27 to God, alone wise, be glory through Jesus Christ forever. Amen.

Renniks

Feb 3, 2020
Pennsylvania
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your faith is given to you by God, God deals out in measurable levels, all have faith, they just don't all have the same amount.
Romans 12:3

For I say, through the grace given to me, to everyone who is among you (church people only), not to think of himself more highly than he ought to think, but to think soberly, as God has dealt to each one a measure of faith.
Faith, Biblically understood, is the means by which we receive God’s gracious gift of salvation (Eph. 2:8, 9; Rom. 4:16; 5:1, 2). It is the way in which we come to be in union with Christ (Eph. 1:13; 2:17). It is a complete trust and reliance upon the merits of Christ’s blood (Rom. 3:25). It is a looking away from self to the person and sacrifice of Jesus Christ (Jn. 3:14, 15; 6:40).

Calvinists want us to believe that faith can only be gracious and non-meritorious if it is irresistibly caused by God.
But faith is a turning away from self effort and a complete trust and submission to God, not a work we do.
Faith is the antithesis of works, not because God makes us believe, but because saving faith is “…giving up on one’s works and submitting to the working of God. (Robert Picirilli, Grace, Faith, Free Will, pg. 162).

Scott Downey

Dec 19, 2021
New Brunswick
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Faith, Biblically understood, is the means by which we receive God’s gracious gift of salvation (Eph. 2:8, 9; Rom. 4:16; 5:1, 2). It is the way in which we come to be in union with Christ (Eph. 1:13; 2:17). It is a complete trust and reliance upon the merits of Christ’s blood (Rom. 3:25). It is a looking away from self to the person and sacrifice of Jesus Christ (Jn. 3:14, 15; 6:40).

Calvinists want us to believe that faith can only be gracious and non-meritorious if it is irresistibly caused by God.
But faith is a turning away from self effort and a complete trust and submission to God, not a work we do.
Faith is the antithesis of works, not because God makes us believe, but because saving faith is “…giving up on one’s works and submitting to the working of God. (Robert Picirilli, Grace, Faith, Free Will, pg. 162).

Not our works, God's work.
The work of God is that you believe in Christ.
The way God does this is to make you of God, as in Born Again of the Holy Spirit.
Those not of God don't believe as they have no faith.

1. John 6:28
    Then they said to Him, “What shall we do, that we may work the works of God?”
    John 6:29
  2. Jesus answered and said to them, “This is the work of God, that you believe in Him whom He sent.”
    In Context | Full Chapter | Other Translations

No not Calvinism, scripturism, according to the scriptures.

Who will you believe, some man, or the scriptures.

Scott Downey

Dec 19, 2021
New Brunswick
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
35 And Jesus said to them, “I am the bread of life. He who comes to Me shall never hunger, and he who believes in Me shall never thirst. 36 But I said to you that you have seen Me and yet do not believe.

37 All that the Father gives Me will come to Me, and the one who comes to Me I will by no means cast out.

38 For I have come down from heaven, not to do My own will, but the will of Him who sent Me.

39 This is the will of the Father who sent Me, that of all He has given Me I should lose nothing, but should raise it up at the last day.
40 And this is the will of Him who sent Me, that everyone who sees the Son and believes in Him may have everlasting life; and I will raise him up at the last day.”

Who will you believe, what God says through the Holy Spirit?
Or something an uninspired man says.

2 Timothy 3:16
All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness,

Renniks

Feb 3, 2020
Pennsylvania
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not our works, God's work.
The work of God is that you believe in Christ.
The way God does this is to make you of God, as in Born Again of the Holy Spirit.
Those not of God don't believe as they have no faith.
That's backwards. Faith comes first, then you are born again.

Just as Moses lifted up the snake in the wilderness, so the Son of Man must be lifted up, 15that everyone who believes in Him may have eternal life. 16For God so loved the world that He gave His one and only Son, that everyone who believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life.…

And there's no indication anywhere in scripture that it's irresistible. If Faith is a gift, it can't be irresistibly applied. Gifts are freely given and freely received.

Scott Downey

Dec 19, 2021
New Brunswick
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
That's backwards. Faith comes first, then you are born again.

Just as Moses lifted up the snake in the wilderness, so the Son of Man must be lifted up, 15that everyone who believes in Him may have eternal life. 16For God so loved the world that He gave His one and only Son, that everyone who believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life.…

And there's no indication anywhere in scripture that it's irresistible. If Faith is a gift, it can't be irresistibly applied. Gifts are freely given and freely received.
Your not sealed into salvation until after you believe
But you are born again first, (born of God), then your gifted with faith being taught by the Holy Spirit, you believe, then your sealed.

The elect are not born saved, but they all will be saved.
Ephesians 1
13 In Him you also trusted, after you heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation; in whom also, having believed, you were sealed with the Holy Spirit of promise, 14 who is the guarantee of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, to the praise of His glory.

John 3
3 Jesus answered and said to him, “Most assuredly, I say to you, unless one is born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.”

4 Nicodemus said to Him, “How can a man be born when he is old? Can he enter a second time into his mother’s womb and be born?”

5 Jesus answered, “Most assuredly, I say to you, unless one is born of water and the Spirit, he cannot enter the kingdom of God. 6 That which is born of the flesh is flesh, and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit. 7 Do not marvel that I said to you, ‘You must be born again.’

8 The wind blows where it wishes, and you hear the sound of it, but cannot tell where it comes from and where it goes. So is everyone who is born of the Spirit.”

SEE means perceive, to want anything to do with in the Greek.
So unless you are born again first, you will have no interest in Christ.

Read for yourself what SEE means, the unbelieving unregenerate truly are blinded.
G3708 - horaō - Strong's Greek Lexicon (kjv)
ὁράω
Transliteration
horaō (Key)
Pronunciation
hor-ah'-o
  1. to see with the eyes

2. to see with the mind, to perceive, know

3. to see, i.e. become acquainted with by experience, to experience

4. to see, to look to
    1. to take heed, beware

2. to care for, pay heed to
  5. I was seen, showed myself, appeared

Renniks

Feb 3, 2020
Pennsylvania
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your not sealed into salvation until after you believe
But you are born again first, (born of God), then your gifted with faith being taught by the Holy Spirit, you believe, then your sealed.

The elect are not born saved, but they all will be saved.
Ephesians 1
13 In Him you also trusted, after you heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation; in whom also, having believed, you were sealed with the Holy Spirit of promise, 14 who is the guarantee of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, to the praise of His glory.

John 3
3 Jesus answered and said to him, “Most assuredly, I say to you, unless one is born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.”

4 Nicodemus said to Him, “How can a man be born when he is old? Can he enter a second time into his mother’s womb and be born?”

5 Jesus answered, “Most assuredly, I say to you, unless one is born of water and the Spirit, he cannot enter the kingdom of God. 6 That which is born of the flesh is flesh, and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit. 7 Do not marvel that I said to you, ‘You must be born again.’

8 The wind blows where it wishes, and you hear the sound of it, but cannot tell where it comes from and where it goes. So is everyone who is born of the Spirit.”

SEE means perceive, to want anything to do with in the Greek.
So unless you are born again first, you will have no interest in Christ.

Read for yourself what SEE means, the unbelieving unregenerate truly are blinded.
G3708 - horaō - Strong's Greek Lexicon (kjv)
ὁράω
Transliteration
horaō (Key)
Pronunciation
hor-ah'-o
  1. to see with the eyes

2. to see with the mind, to perceive, know

3. to see, i.e. become acquainted with by experience, to experience

4. to see, to look to
    1. to take heed, beware

2. to care for, pay heed to
  5. I was seen, showed myself, appeared
I see nothing whatsoever there about grace being irresistible or some certain people being born again before they are born again. Sounds like Calvinist nonsense. Seeing the kingdom isn't being saved. You believe first, are saved and then see the kingdom.

Scott Downey

Dec 19, 2021
New Brunswick
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

Renniks, do you know that God chooses those who are to be saved from before the foundation of the world?

3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places in Christ,
4 just as He chose us in Him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before Him in love,
5 having predestined us to adoption as sons by Jesus Christ to Himself, according to the good pleasure of His will,
6 to the praise of the glory of His grace, by which He made us accepted in the Beloved.

Scott Downey

Dec 19, 2021
New Brunswick
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
2 Thessalonians 2

13 But we are bound to give thanks to God always for you, brethren beloved by the Lord, because God from the beginning chose you for salvation through sanctification by the Spirit and belief in the truth,

14 to which He called you by our gospel, for the obtaining of the glory of our Lord Jesus Christ.

From the beginning of what? well it must have been one of God's first works, as scripture says God chose us in Him before the foundation of the world.
And Christ also is the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world.

Salvation through Christ's blood was preordained only for those God has chosen.
1 Peter 1

[19] But with the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot:

[20] Who truly was foreordained before the foundation of the world, but was manifest in these last times for you,

We get our in God from Christ as a gift, so after it is given to us it is our faith.
People give a present to someone, it is then theirs.

21 who through Him believe in God, who raised Him from the dead and gave Him glory, so that your faith and hope are in God.

but was manifest in these last times for you who through Him believe in God

If Christ had not come and willed you to know the Father and the Son, through the work of the Holy Spirit, you would not have believed.

Last edited:

Renniks

Feb 3, 2020
Pennsylvania
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Renniks, do you know that God chooses those who are to be saved from before the foundation of the world?

3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places in Christ,
4 just as He chose us in Him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before Him in love,
5 having predestined us to adoption as sons by Jesus Christ to Himself, according to the good pleasure of His will,
6 to the praise of the glory of His grace, by which He made us accepted in the Beloved.

The choice is clearly that all those who are in Jesus will be saved. Not picking individuals for his baseball team.

Scott Downey

Dec 19, 2021
New Brunswick
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The choice is clearly that all those who are in Jesus will be saved. Not picking individuals for his baseball team.
Well, I am sticking with what scripture says. If you find something non harmonious in scripture, then your understanding of the scripture is wrong.

Renniks

Feb 3, 2020
Pennsylvania
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, I am sticking with what scripture says. If you find something non harmonious in scripture, then your understanding of the scripture is wrong.
I don't find anything non harmonious. The majority of Christiandom does not interpret those verses to mean individuals are pre destined for salvation.