The Myth of saying that Jesus Christ died for all men without exception !

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

brightfame52

Oct 16, 2020
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Only a Remnant shall be saved !cont

Romans 9:27

27 Esaias also crieth concerning Israel, Though the number of the children of Israel be as the sand of the sea, a remnant shall be saved:

That only a remnant shall be saved is that which has always characterizes God's Saving Purposes

It was so of Israel of old, and True of the world today.

It was True from the beginning of time when God spake theses words unto the serpent:

Gen 3:14-15

14 And the LORD God said unto the serpent, Because thou hast done this, thou art cursed above all cattle, and above every beast of the field; upon thy belly shalt thou go, and dust shalt thou eat all the days of thy life:

15 And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel.

Yes, there is the division of the seed of the women [ The Godly] and the seed of the serpent [ the reprobated ].

This was confirmed in the births of the first two children of Adam and Eve, one of them belonged to the Godly seed of the women, the other of the wicked one.

As time went on, we see the destruction of the first world by water, a flood, and we have it even more plainly Illustrated that God's saving purpose was limited to a small remnant, Noah and his family, which consisted in eight people 1 Pet 3:20

Which sometime were disobedient, when once the longsuffering of God waited in the days of Noah, while the ark was a preparing, wherein few, that is, eight souls were saved by water.

That few was a remnant from the rest that God purposed to destroy by the flood.294

brightfame52

Oct 16, 2020
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
He died as a Surety !

Heb 7:22

22 By so much was Jesus made a surety of a better testament.

Christ was not a surety for all mankind without exception, but for those the Father gave Him. We can only understand His death and what it meant, as we look at it from His suretyship !

Christ is our [ The elect or believer] surety because, He was given our obligations and debts, leaving us free from them, this is why we are Justified before God the righteous Judge from the foundation, because He was slain [in the Divine Purpose] for our sins debts that had been laid upon Him onto His account, from the foundation Rev 13:8

8 And all that dwell upon the earth shall worship him, whose names are not written in the book of life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world.

The word slain here is in the perfect tense in the greek ! Which denotes a completed act once and for all in the past with results abiding into the future..

And John was speaking from the aspect of from the foundation, this past action took place, and not his immediate personal past..

So, if Christ in the Purpose of God, was slain from the foundation, then it was for our sins that He was slain, our surety, and this being so, even then we were Justified from the charges of our sins, we are free from condemnation of them, because Christ had been made a surety for them. Whenever God purposed not to impute our sins on us [ The elect] in order to impute them unto our surety, that was our Justification before Him Rom 8:33-34

33 Who shall lay any thing to the charge of God's elect? It is God that justifieth.

34 Who is he that condemneth? It is Christ that died[slain from the foundation], yea rather, that is risen again, who is even at the right hand of God, who also maketh intercession for us.

Christ had [from the foundation] obligated Himself as Surety, to redeem all for whom He would die, this before they were born sinners in the world. God knew all of our sins before time, and so was able to impute them on Christ when He became surety for them.

brightfame52

Oct 16, 2020
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
He died as a Surety ! cont

The OT Saints were conscious of the suretyship of the Lord Jesus Christ as well and at times prayed for a application of it's benefits to them, and thus receive those benefits consciously !

Job 19:25

25 For I know that my redeemer liveth, and that he shall stand at the latter day upon the earth: This is referring to Christ !

Ps 119:122

122 Be surety for thy servant for good: let not the proud oppress me.

Isa 38:14

14 Like a crane or a swallow, so did I chatter: I did mourn as a dove: mine eyes fail with looking upward: O LORD, I am oppressed; undertake for me.

Ps 103:10-12

10 He hath not dealt with us after our sins; nor rewarded us according to our iniquities.

11bFor as the heaven is high above the earth, so great is his mercy toward them that fear him.

12 As far as the east is from the west, so far hath he removed our transgressions from us.

Yes, Christ suretyship has always been the foundation for the sins of God's people being imputed to Him and His righteousness imputed to them.

2 Cor 5:21

21 For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him. He was made a sin offering for us because of His vowed suretyship.

Heb 7:20-22

20 And inasmuch as not without an oath he was made priest:

21 (For those priests were made without an oath; but this with an oath by him that said unto him, The Lord sware and will not repent, Thou art a priest for ever after the order of Melchisedec )

22 By so much was Jesus made a surety of a better testament.

brightfame52

Oct 16, 2020
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Christ died for our sins according to scripture ! Pt 1

That Christ did not die for all men without exception is seen in the content of the Gospel that Paul preached, of which he said also, if anyone preaches one differently, let them be accursed..

1 Cor 15:3

3 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;

When and where did paul receive this Gospel ?

Now this verse of the Gospel declares clearly a definite and particular redemption or that Christ died for a definite people according to scriptures, which are the OT scriptures, for they were about Him notice:

Jn 5:39

Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me.

Lk 24:26-27

26 Ought not Christ to have suffered these things, and to enter into his glory?

27 And beginning at Moses and all the prophets, he expounded unto them in all the scriptures the things concerning himself.

And one of the ways the scriptures testify of Christ is through the OT types, of which did shadow forth Particular redemption for a definite people, and not for all men without exception..

Now lets look at the passover lambs Ex 12, that this event was a type is made clear by this scripture 1 Cor 5:7

7Purge out therefore the old leaven, that ye may be a new lump, as ye are unleavened. For even Christ our passover is sacrificed for us: Who is us ? The same as the Our sins in 1 Cor 15:3

Also, we this Passover being a type of Christ as to the directions given in Ex 12:46

46 In one house shall it be eaten; thou shalt not carry forth ought of the flesh abroad out of the house; neither shall ye break a bone thereof.

Applied to Christ here Jn 19:36

36 For these things were done, that the scripture should be fulfilled, A bone of him shall not be broken.

Also Ps 34:20 can be applied ..

So from these it's seen how Jesus death [in minute detail] was according to and fulfilled scripture. This appointment of the Passover gives us to know, that the Israelites, in and of themselves were also considered equally sinful before God, and so even God's elect, are by Nature wrathful children even as others Eph 2:3

The sacrifice of the Lambs signified Two things, atonement for sin or a covering up and redemption [ redemption from the plague of death of the firstborn] and so was a suitable type of the work of Christ, and so it was in Peters mind too 1 Pet 1:18-20303

18 Forasmuch as ye [Elect see vs 1-2] know that ye [elect] were not redeemed with corruptible things, as silver and gold, from your vain conversation received by tradition from your fathers;

19 But with the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot:

20 Who verily was foreordained before the foundation of the world, but was manifest in these last times for you,

This is true to the type of the Passover as we shall see next.

brightfame52

Oct 16, 2020
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Christ died for our sins according to scripture pt 2

Now Peter clearly applies this [passover] to Christ in that he speaks of Christ as being a Lamb without blemish, as the passover lamb was required to be; also being foreordained before the foundation of the world, showing that the design of the type was to set that fact forth, for the lamb was to be taken out on the 10th day of the month and kept until the 14th day Ex 12:3-6

3Speak ye unto all the congregation of Israel, saying, In the tenth day of this month they shall take to them every man a lamb, according to the house of their fathers, a lamb for an house:

4And if the household be too little for the lamb, let him and his neighbour next unto his house take it according to the number of the souls; every man according to his eating shall make your count for the lamb.

5Your lamb shall be without blemish, a male of the first year: ye shall take it out from the sheep, or from the goats:

6 And ye shall keep it up until the fourteenth day of the same month: and the whole assembly of the congregation of Israel shall kill it in the evening.

The type is this, The 10th day indicating the foreordination or being setup before the foundation of the world, and the 11th -14th days representing the four thousand years before the coming of Christ, being slain in the evening of the 14th day [see Heb 9:26] and so He has been sacrificed in the close of that period.

Now, in this type there is no indication of unlimited atonement or a general provision for all people without exception, but it was particular in its provision as in its application, for it was appointed alone for the Families of Israel; while the egyptians were left exposed to the plague. Now could this type in any way more point to a particular and definite atonement ? So Again, Paul's Gospel is " That Christ died for our sins according to scripture " !

brightfame52

Oct 16, 2020
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Christ died for our sins according to scripture pt 3

Again, I am showing what paul means in 1 Cor 15:3 when He stated how Christ died for our sins according to scripture, and we have been looking at the OT scriptures as types foreshadowing Christ death, and that the types only applied to a distinct people, Israel and not all men without exception.

We will look at the Day of Atonement for more instruction on how Christ died for sins according to scripture and how it points to a limited atonement for a specific chosen people. see Lev 16.

The Atonement that was made yearly was typical or a figure of the eternal redemption which Christ once and for all obtained for His People [see Matt 1:21]

Heb 7 shows us that Christ was a High Priest, and that of an Higher order than that of the Aaronic priesthood, He being of the order of Melchisedec, yet it is still evident from what is stated of Christ blood and its contrast with the offerings of the High Priest under the law, that they were typical of His Priesthood, for we have no record of Melchisdec offering sacrifices. See Heb 5:1-5; 8:1-6

Now, the High Priest in performing this most sacred function, that is to enter into the Most Holy Place, within the veil, and that only once a year, and that without having blood Lev 16:1-2 cp Heb 9:1-7.

Now in order for this to be done according to Divine Standard, officiating as High Priest, Aaron and after him his son, must be consecrated see Ex 28-29; Lev 8:1-12 also cp Jn 17:19 !

To be consecrated he [Aaron] had to wear the holy clothing or garments, among which was the ephod having two precious stones engraven with the names of the Twelve tribes of Israel, six on each stone, fastened in the two shoulder pieces, in order that he would bear their names upon his shoulders for a memorial. see Ex 39:7 Also was the breast plate containing twelve precious stones, engraven with the names of the twelve tribes of Israel " That Aaron should bear their names in the breastplate of judgment upon his heart, when he goeth into the Holy Place for a memorial before the Lord continually, thus showing that in this sacred work of atonement, and as High Priest, in going into the Holy Place, He represented ONLY the Twelve Tribes of Israel, as a chosen and designated people, and no others..

All other peoples were excluded from the day of atonement, the egyptians, and all other people groups.

This day of atonement typified Christ as officiating as the High Priest of God's chosen People, in making an atonement in behalf of a designated people known by name as per Jn 10:3

3 To him the porter openeth; and the sheep hear his voice: and he calleth his own sheep by name, and leadeth them out.

These He bears upon His Heart as the objects of His Love Eph 5:25; Rom 5:8; and Jn 13:1

It was a specific people after offering of Himself, He went to appear before God for us Heb 9:24

For Christ is not entered into the holy places made with hands, which are the figures of the true; but into heaven itself, now to appear in the presence of God for us:

Note for us, not everybody or anybody, but for us a foreknown and loved people, His Church/Bride Chosen in Him before the foundation...

So again, we have another meaning to what paul meant when He spake of the gospel and said " how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;"305

brightfame52

Oct 16, 2020
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Lie that God desires the Salvation of all men without exception !

There isn't a bigger falsehood than that of God desiring the salvation of all men without exception. This falsehood is derived from from a false interpretation of 1 Tim 2:4
4 Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth.
First of all, its impossible for the Almighty God to desire or want anything and it not be done by Him Job 23:13
13 But he is in one mind, and who can turn him? and what his soul desireth, even that he doeth.
Now, the word desireth here is the hebrew word avah and means:
desire, incline, covet, wait longingly, wish, sigh, want, be greedy, prefer
So if God in 1 Tim 2:4 wants or wishes all men without exception to be saved, then He would save them, simple as that..
Now even the very thoughts of His heart are accomplished forever Ps 33:11
11 The counsel of the LORD standeth for ever, the thoughts/plans of his heart to all generations.
Certainly those who He wants to be saved He has thoughts for in His Heart, surely He loves them !
False religionists have made the Only Sovereign and His desires, which are Eternal and Holy, subservient to His creatures will, mere dust of the earth, who are less than nothing, what Blasphemy.
Next, all those God desires salvation for, He has put in the responsibility of His Son's hands, The Lord Jesus Christ, For Jesus says that His purpose for coming was to seek and to save that which was lost Lk 19:10
10 For the Son of man is come to seek and to save that which was lost.
Now, are those Jesus is referring to in this verse, the same the as the ones God wants to be saved in 1 Tim 2:4 ?
Yes, of course it is, and if He does not #1 seek them out and #2 save them from their lost condition, then He is a Failure of the expectations of His Father, for Him being sent in to the world.
In connection with this Jesus tells us what the Father's will is for Him to do Jn 6:38-39
38 For I came down from heaven, not to do mine own will, but the will of him that sent me.
39 And this is the Father's will which hath sent me, that of all which he hath given me I should lose nothing, but should raise it up again at the last day.
Now, are these the same as those God wants to be saved in 1 Tim 2:4 ? Of course they are, only a fool would deny that, and so again we see more evidence, that the Father expects the Son to save and loose not one that the Father wants to be saved. Again, are the ones the Father desires to be saved and come into the knowledge of the Truth as per 1 Tim 2 4, are they they same as the ones being referenced in the passage Jn 6:38-39; Lk 19:10, yes they are, and if one of them is not saved and lost, Christ has disappointed the expectations of His Father's will for Him to accomplish.. So for all of you who like to present this verse 1 Tim 2:4 as God desiring all men without exception to be saved and to come into the Knowledge of the Truth, if just one of them is Lost, you are charging Christ with Failure in doing and accomplishing the will of The Father, that He is suppose to accomplish, He failed, no way around it. The Father also looks like a fool for trusting Christ to accomplish something that He failed to accomplish..

brightfame52

Oct 16, 2020
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
New Testament scriptures that indicate the specific purpose of Christ death being for a specific people and not all men without exception !

Matt 1:21

21 And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name JESUS: for he shall save his people from their sins.

Here from an Angel above the special purpose of Christ coming into the world was declared, That He would be manifested as a Saviour in that " For He shall His People from their sins ", hence a special people, the antitype of National Israel, a people He already knew as His own, that are to be saved. Nothing in this declaration warrants a the idea of a general salvation, which is not a salvation at all unless people make it so themselves, delivering their own selves from their sins.

Note that the statement is positive " He shall save His People " and save them from their sins; and His name is Jesus, or Saviour [Thats what a Saviour does, save from sin] Because He shall save this special chosen people from their sins and shew them [experientially] His salvation.

Hence, anyone saying that Jesus Christ becomes a Saviour by something they do, totally disregards the purpose of God set forth in this scripture.307

brightfame52

Oct 16, 2020
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
New Testament scriptures that indicate the specific purpose of Christ death being for a specific people and not all men without exception !

More scripture proving the particularity of the atonement Jn 10:15

15 As the Father knoweth me, even so know I the Father: and I lay down my life for the sheep.

This statement is against any Idea that His death was a mere provision for all without exception, for that must be assumed.

These were His Sheep given to Him of the Father Jn 10:14

14I am the good shepherd, and know my sheep, and am known of mine.

He knows them even as sinners Lk 15:4-7

4 What man of you, having an hundred sheep, if he lose one of them, doth not leave the ninety and nine in the wilderness, and go after that which is lost, until he find it?

5 And when he hath found it, he layeth it on his shoulders, rejoicing.

6 And when he cometh home, he calleth together his friends and neighbours, saying unto them, Rejoice with me; for I have found my sheep which was lost.

7I say unto you, that likewise joy shall be in heaven over one sinner that repenteth, more than over ninety and nine just persons, which need no repentance.

Jn 10:16,29

16 And other sheep I have, which are not of this fold: them also I must bring, and they shall hear my voice; and there shall be one fold, and one shepherd.
These were gentile sheep He had, but they had not yet believed.

29 My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand.

These sinful sheep had been given to Christ that He may lay down His Life for them.

Not the goats.. Men are either by nature, sinful sheep or sinful goats. Christ died for His sinful Sheep only.

brightfame52

Oct 16, 2020
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Did Christ die for the purpose of actually saving sinners, or did He only die to make sinners saveable?

How one answers this question, and what they really believe about the Purpose of Christ death, determines if they believe a False Gospel or the True Gospel.

What does the scripture state and indicate as to the purpose of Christ death ?

Christ came to save that which was lost: Matthew 18:11; Luke 19:10

Matt 18:11

11 For the Son of man is come to save that which was lost.

Lk 19:10

In both scriptures " to save" is the greek infinitive, meaning the stating of a purpose or result.

In other words, the end result for His coming was to save certain sinners, and if He did not save all The Father wanted saved, He has failed His purpose for coming.

Just coming to make them savable was not enough and fell short of the Divine Purpose 309

brightfame52

Oct 16, 2020
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Christ's purpose was to save

Christ's purpose was to save and not to merely make salvation possible, those teaching such are preaching another gospel. This is important because it also speaks to the extent and purpose of Christ death, because He died for many as He came to save. This will also prove, scripturally that universal atonement is a deception.

We have looked at Two scriptures earlier stating Christ purpose was to save !

Matt 18:11

11 For the Son of man is come to save that which was lost.

Lk 19:10

Lets look another scripture stating Christ purpose for coming into the world !

1 Tim 1:15

This is a faithful saying, and worthy of all acceptation, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners; of whom I am chief.

Again, the inspired testimony is not that He came into the world to make sinners savable, to give them a chance to get saved, all that is false teaching, but He came to save.

You see how He saved Paul ? Read Acts 9, there is nothing in that record that gives the slightest hint that Paul was offered to be saved, given a chance or choice to be saved, and all that foolishness of antichrist teaching, but Paul was saved, and made a believer in Christ, and so was his experience given as a pattern on how Christ saves sinners, here his Testimony 1 Tim 1:15

15 This is a faithful saying, and worthy of all acceptation, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners; of whom I am chief.

16 Howbeit for this cause I obtained mercy, that in me first Jesus Christ might shew forth all longsuffering, for a pattern to them which should hereafter believe on him to life everlasting.

You see, that, we have in the conversion experience of Paul a pattern on How Christ turns sinners into believers by His Power and Grace.

Yes, He came into the world to save sinners, but not all sinners without exception, but the ones He came to save, shall be saved to the Glory of God and His Grace.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Another popular Myth in the religious world today, is the Jesus Christ died or gave His Life for everyone in the world without exception, but the problem with that, is there is not one shred of scripture evidence that states that.

The scripture however does say that He died for His Sheep or His Church as per Jn 10:11,15

11I am the good shepherd: the good shepherd giveth his life for the sheep.

15As the Father knoweth me, even so know I the Father: and I lay down my life for the sheep.

Eph 5:25

25Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it;

His People Isa 53:8

8He was taken from prison and from judgment: and who shall declare his generation? for he was cut off out of the land of the living: for the transgression of my people was he stricken. cp Matt 1:21

Now, are all without exception His Sheep ? No

Are all without exception His Church ? No

Are all without exception His People ? No

For surely the seed of the serpent Gen 3:15 cannot be of His Sheep, His Church, or His People.

So why does the religous world proclaim that Jesus Christ died for all men without exception, when they have no scripture proof ? Because it is a Myth.

Well I am sure this verse was already listed vut I will list it again.

1 John 2:2
And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world.

by paying for everyones sins without exception- No one can offer any other price before god to pay for their sin.

brightfame52

Oct 16, 2020
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The extent of the atonement, for whom did Christ die !

There is simply no way one can preach or believe the Gospel of Christ 1 Cor 15:1- 4 without knowing with understanding who it was specifically Christ died for i.e His Church or His Sheep. This is not even a debatable issue, one either has it right or you are preaching and or believing a false gospel, and chances are, one is in a accursed state who does not have it right Gal 1:8-9, for there is no True Worship of God apart from in Spirit and in Truth Jn 4.

As stated earlier Christ purpose was to save and He shall save Matt 1:21

21 And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name JESUS: for he shall save his people from their sins.

This is the stated difference between a True Gospel of Christ and the perverted gospel that claims Christ came to die and make salvation possible for all mankind, the tares and the wheat.

If we believe the false gospel that Christ death merely makes all men without exception savable, then we must conclude that the cross of Christ did not actually [in and of itself] save anyone, but only made it possible for men to save themselves by something they do. This is a blasphemous and disgusting conclusion, for this thinking denies that Christ is the One and Only Saviour who Saves: and that His cross work alone was not sufficient enough in itself to save those He intended as per Matt 1:21. This evil system has it that something from the sinner as faith and or repentance needs to be added to what Christ has done, so salvation is not wholly of God through Christ, but that part of it is of God through Christ and part of it from ourselves. What this flesh exalting lie fails to realize is that both Faith and Repentance flows to the objects of Christ death by means of the Cross of Christ, given freely with Him Rom 8:32

32 He that spared not his own Son, but delivered him up for us all, how shall he not with him also freely give us all things?

2 Pet 1:3-4

3 According as his divine power hath given unto us all things that pertain unto life and godliness, through the knowledge of him that hath called us to glory and virtue:

Whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises: that by these ye might be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust.

Faith is given 1 Tim 1:13-14

13 Who was before a blasphemer, and a persecutor, and injurious: but I obtained mercy, because I did it ignorantly in unbelief.

14 And the grace of our Lord was exceeding abundant with faith and love which is in Christ Jesus.

Repentance is Given Acts 5:31

31 Him hath God exalted with his right hand to be a Prince and a Saviour, for to give repentance to Israel, and forgiveness of sins.

Acts 11:18

18 When they heard these things, they held their peace, and glorified God, saying, Then hath God also to the Gentiles granted repentance unto life.

For these things accompany salvation or the giving of Christ to those He died for, so the cross of Christ secures and ensures the total salvation for all for whom He died.

brightfame52

Oct 16, 2020
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well I am sure this verse was already listed vut I will list it again.

And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world.

by paying for everyones sins without exception- No one can offer any other price before god to pay for their sin.
I gave a host of scripture in the Op, did you see them ?

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I gave a host of scripture in the Op, did you see them ?

Yes I saw them and I agree with them 100% but did you read the verse I posted?

Scripture cannot and does not contradict itself so your conclusion has a problem. Jesus died for the sheep, and gave Himself for the church- this is true.

Jesus death was enough to save every individual for all time! But not every individual gets saved.

By being the propitiation for the sins of teh world- it proves true the words of Jesus:

John 14:6
Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

Only Jesus death is acceptable to the Father. No other "thing" can be presented before God to appease HIm. Jesus removed every other means of coming to teh Father by His blood.

brightfame52

Oct 16, 2020
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes I saw them and I agree with them 100% but did you read the verse I posted?

Scripture cannot and does not contradict itself so your conclusion has a problem. Jesus died for the sheep, and gave Himself for the church- this is true.

Jesus death was enough to save every individual for all time! But not every individual gets saved.

By being the propitiation for the sins of teh world- it proves true the words of Jesus:

John 14:6
Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

Only Jesus death is acceptable to the Father. No other "thing" can be presented before God to appease HIm. Jesus removed every other means of coming to teh Father by His blood.
You agree with them, did you understand the point I made with them ?

brightfame52

Oct 16, 2020
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Stated Purposes of Christ death !

Here are Stated Purposes of what Christ death is to accomplish on its own merit, hence indicating that if these purposes are not applied to all without exception, then His death could not have been for all without exception, lest He failed of His death's intention, which is blasphemous to even consider.

His death was to deliver those He died for from the present evil world Gal 1:4

4 Who gave himself for our sins, that he might deliver us from this present evil world, according to the will of God and our Father:

This deliverance was according to the Will of the Father of Him, and us. Yes, He was our Father before we were delivered, thats why He wanted us delivered. Also it was the Fathers will for Christ to deliver us from this present world, so if we are not delivered, then He [Christ] failed His Fathers will for Him to accomplish, by He giving Himself for our sins.

This being according to the Will of God, it means as stated in Eph 1:5320

5 Having predestinated us unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to himself, according to the good pleasure of his will,

Yes, its His determinative will of good pleasure that Christ by His death deliver those He died for from the present evil world.

brightfame52

Oct 16, 2020
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Stated Purposes of Christ death !2

Another stated Purpose for Christ death is given by Paul here Titus 2:14

14 Who gave himself [That means died] for us, that[in order that] he might redeem us from all iniquity, and purify unto himself a peculiar people, zealous of good works.

The Purpose of His death both redeems and purifies those whom He died for, thats why God gave Him to die.322

The word purify is the greek word katharizō and means:

to make clean, cleanse

a) from physical stains and dirt

1) utensils, food

2) a leper, to cleanse by curing

3) to remove by cleansing

b) in a moral sense

1) to free from defilement of sin and from faults

2) to purify from wickedness

3) to free from guilt of sin, to purify

4) to consecrate by cleansing or purifying

5) to consecrate, dedicate

2) to pronounce clean in a levitical sense

Thats what Christ death, the giving of Himself does, that is what God the Father's Purpose and Intention was for the death of Christ to accomplish for all those He would die for..

If one person that Christ gave himself for falls short of this clearly stated purpose of Christ death, then His death was failure.

And sense we know from scripture all will not be purified, then Christ did not give Himself for all without exception.

brightfame52

Oct 16, 2020
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Stated Purposes of Christ death !

To sanctify and cleanse Eph 5:25-27

25 Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave[died for] himself for it;

26 That he might sanctify and cleanse it with the washing of water by the word,

27 That he might present it to himself a glorious church, not having spot, or wrinkle, or any such thing; but that it should be holy and without blemish.

The word that is important, it is the greek word hina and its a conjunction which means:

that, in order that, so that

Its to point to stating a purpose or reason..

So Christ gave himself for the Church so that He he will present it to Himself in a certain way.

The word might here puts the phrase in what is called the subjunctive mood which means:

The subjunctive mood is the mood of possibility and potentiality. The action described may or may not occur, depending upon circumstances.

The action to be done is determined by the Who or what fulfills the condition, which in this case is Christ through His death.

That is The church, to be presented to Himself a Glorious church, He had to give of Himself for that purpose. It could not just happen on its own.

So whenever you have the subjunctive mood preceded by the conjunction hina, the subjunctive is being introduced as a stated purpose.

So Three Purposes are stated in this passage as to why Christ gave Himself for the Church #1 vs 26 To sanctify and cleanse it vs 27a # 2 To present it to himself a glorious church and vs 27b#3 That it should be Holy and without blemish.

So if any do not find themselves in these stated purposes in the Day of Christ, then Christ simply did not die for them, or give Himself for them.323

brightfame52

Oct 16, 2020
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
To remove God's Wrath !

Another stated Purpose for Christ Death was to remove or propitiate God's wrath of which it did Rom 3:25

25 Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God;

The word propitiation is the greek word hilastērion and means:

relating to an appeasing or expiating, having placating or expiating force, expiatory; a means of appeasing or expiating, a propitiation

a) used of the cover of the ark of the covenant in the Holy of Holies, which was sprinkled with the blood of the expiatory victim on the annual day of atonement (this rite signifying that the life of the people, the loss of which they had merited by their sins, was offered to God in the blood as the life of the victim, and that God by this ceremony was appeased and their sins expiated); hence the lid of expiation, the propitiatory

b) an expiatory sacrifice

c) a expiatory victim

The Idea is that God has been appeased by the sacrifice of His Son for the sins of His People.

The punishment due to all the elect of God, all of their sins against God, Have been Justly vindicated by Christ death for them, God has no Legal Grounds to punish them for their sins because He punished Christ in their stead and His Justice has been fully satisfied on their behalf. He has been placated. And He shows each of His elect that Truth in due time, that's why its stated that Christ was set forth to be a propitiation through Faith.

Abel Looked to Him when He made that sacrifice by Faith Heb 11:4325

4 By faith Abel offered unto God a more excellent sacrifice than Cain, by which he obtained witness that he was righteous, God testifying of his gifts: and by it he being dead yet speaketh.

Notice, by which He obtained witness that he was righteous, not that he became righteous by what he did. He had been given Faith that His sins would be taken care of by Lamb of God, the seed of the women.

All for whom Christ has died will be given this Faith as an evidence that they are righteous, not by their own obedience, but by the Obedience of One Jesus Christ Rom 5:19b

so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous. Yes, that was Abel's hope too.