The Myth of saying that Jesus Christ died for all men without exception !

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

brightfame52

Oct 16, 2020
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Another element of Truth that mitigates against the Myth of Christ having died for all men without exception, is God's accuracy in proportioning punishment to each individual as they deserve. Jesus says some will be beaten with many stripes, and some with few stripes as here Lk 12:45-48

45But and if that servant say in his heart, My lord delayeth his coming; and shall begin to beat the menservants and maidens, and to eat and drink, and to be drunken;

46The lord of that servant will come in a day when he looketh not for him, and at an hour when he is not aware, and will cut him in sunder, and will appoint him his portion with the unbelievers.

47And that servant, which knew his lord's will, and prepared not himself, neither did according to his will, shall be beaten with many stripes.

48 But he that knew not, and did commit things worthy of stripes, shall be beaten with few stripes. For unto whomsoever much is given, of him shall be much required: and to whom men have committed much, of him they will ask the more.

Every man will be Judged and rewarded according to what their work were

Rom 2:5-6

5 But after thy hardness and impenitent heart treasurest up unto thyself wrath against the day of wrath and revelation of the righteous judgment of God;

6 Who will render to every man according to his deeds:

Rev 20:13
And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works.

With this in Mind, Christ sufferings though invaluable because of His Splendid Being, nevertheless because of strict righteousness, His sufferings were proportioned to His Peoples Guilt, and this alone was the ground of it's sufficiency to save. The Lord Jesus Christ punishment was penal [ inflicted upon Him for the punishment of the sins of God's covenant chosen people Isa 53:8]

so His vicarious sufferings were proportioned to their guilt and so He suffered at the hands of impartial Justice what they [ Gods elect] in their own persons must otherwise have endured in the place of endless woe, and so His sufferings rendered His sacrifice sufficient for the eternal purpose intended in the covenant of Grace, the everlasting covenant..

Isa 53:5,8

5 But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed. Not we might be healed, but we [The elect] are healed.

8 He was taken from prison and from judgment: and who shall declare his generation? for he was cut off out of the land of the living: for the transgression of my people was he stricken. A specific people..

Rom 8:32-33

32He that spared not his own Son, but delivered him up for us all, how shall he not with him also freely give us all things? Who is us all ? vs 33

33Who shall lay any thing to the charge of God's elect? It is God that justifieth.

2 Cor 5:21

21For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.

1 Pet 3:18

18 For Christ also hath once suffered for sins, the just for the unjust, that he might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh, but quickened by the Spirit:

Not one ounce of Christ blood was shed in vain, for everyone it was designed to save and bring to God , it accomplished the same, and all those who shall have their portion in the lake of fire, He did not shed one drop of blood for..

Last edited:

brightfame52

Oct 16, 2020
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Christ died only for those who believe !

Christ died only for those who believe, the elect or the sheep. They believe because He hath taken away their sins by the sacrifice of himself for them; but He has not taken away the sins of all men for sure, for they will follow them to the Judgment to be Judged. Also the wrath of God comes upon the children of disobedience for their sins Eph 5:6

6Let no man deceive you with vain words: for because of these things [vs 3-5] cometh the wrath of God upon the children of disobedience.

Those Christ died for are not appointed to wrath for their sins 1 Thess 5:9,10

9 For God hath not appointed us to wrath, but to obtain salvation by our Lord Jesus Christ,

10 Who died for us, that, whether we wake or sleep, we should live together with him.

Now if the wrath of God is coming on some for their sins, its reasonable to conclude that Christ did not die for their sins, and they were not included in the our sins of 1 Cor 15:3

3For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;

For God could not execute His wrath on them yet again ! Once in Christ as their sin bearer and then on them !

It would be unjust and unreasonable that God the Father would receive satisfaction to His Justice for the sins of men, and yet punish the same men for the same sins !! Shall not the Judge of all the earth do right ? Gen 18:25, and yet the reprobate, confirmed unbelievers shall suffer eternally for all their sins, which is shown in Eph 5:6

Jn 3:36

36He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him.

He that is not believing on the Son, shall[promise] not see life ! Its no future hope of them seeing life, they are confirmed in unbelief

They believe not because they cannot believe.

Jn 8:24

24I said therefore unto you, that ye shall die in your sins: for if ye believe not that I am he, ye shall die in your sins.

And they believe not because they are not of His Sheep Jn 10:26

26 But ye believe not, because ye are not of my sheep, as I said unto you.

And He gave His Life for the sheep vs 15As the Father knoweth me, even so know I the Father: and I lay down my life for the sheep.

This shows the connection between believing and Christ death.

Matt 12:36

36 But I say unto you, That every idle word that men shall speak, they shall give account thereof in the day of judgment.

Ecc 12:14

14 For God shall bring every work into judgment, with every secret thing, whether it be good, or whether it be evil.

Jude 1:15

15 To execute judgment upon all, and to convince all that are ungodly among them of all their ungodly deeds which they have ungodly committed, and of all their hard speeches which ungodly sinners have spoken against him.

All their sins are considered breaches of the law of God as per 1 Tim 1:9-10

9 Knowing this, that the law is not made for a righteous man, but for the lawless and disobedient, for the ungodly and for sinners, for unholy and profane, for murderers of fathers and murderers of mothers, for manslayers,

10 For whoremongers, for them that defile themselves with mankind, for menstealers, for liars, for perjured persons, and if there be any other thing that is contrary to sound doctrine;

But for all that Christ died for, He was made a curse for them Gal 3:13

13 Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law, being made a curse for us: for it is written, Cursed is every one that hangeth on a tree:

For surely therefore, Christ did not present a satisfaction or propitiation unto the Fathers Justice for the sins of them who shall meet His Justice at the Judgment..

And those He died for are given the privilege to believe on His Name for His sake Phil 1:29

29 For unto you it is given in the behalf of Christ, not only to believe on him, but also to suffer for his sake;

And because they were His Sheep Jn 10:26

26 But ye believe not, because ye are not of my sheep, as I said unto you.

Or Jesus can say " Ye believe" because ye are of my sheep, and I layed down my life for you.264

brightfame52

Oct 16, 2020
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Christ died only for those who believe !

So the death of Christ is that which causes or effects believing in Him as one of it's many fruits of accomplishment. Its through His Name [what He has done and accomplished] that some are believing and have remission of sins..

Acts 10:43

To him give all the prophets witness, that through his name whosoever believeth in him shall receive remission of sins.

Believing comes through [because of, on account of] His Name !

God through Christ is credited for ones believing..Thats why Paul Thanks God here 2 Thess 2:13

13But we are bound to give thanks alway to God for you, brethren beloved of the Lord, because God hath from the beginning chosen you to salvation through sanctification of the Spirit and belief of the truth:

Belief of the Truth is believing in Christ who is The Truth..

Jn 3:14-16

14And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up:

15That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life.

16For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

The Lifting up of Christ [ His death on the cross] is the underling cause of those believing on Him...

Believing is never a condition for eternal life, but a effect and evidence of Christ death for one..

It is given to believe in Him who died for them Phil 1:29 265

29For unto you it is given in the behalf of Christ[because of His death], not only to believe on him, but also to suffer for his sake;

Notice it is given to some to believe on Him..it was not offered them, but given as bestowed upon them to believe.

Given is aorist passive, so they received it because it was successfully given to them of God on Christ behalf..

So those who make believing on Christ a condition for receiving eternal life, do pervert the Truth, and steal that away from Christ which His death gives for His sake.

brightfame52

Oct 16, 2020
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We know that Christ did not die for everyone without exception because of the efficaciousness of the results His death . His death actually perfects forever all those He died for !

Hebrews 10:14

14For by one offering [His death] he hath perfected for ever them that are sanctified.

Those who Christ offered Himself for in death, have been perfected forever and for this cause they shall be continuously being sanctified..

Its just impossible for Christ death not to produce this result 266

brightfame52

Oct 16, 2020
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
All those that Christ died for are by that death reconciled to God and are assured of being saved by His Life ! per Rom 5:10

10 For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life.

What can be more plainer than that ? So, if one is not saved, and goes into the lake of fire to be punished for their sins, then Christ death was not for them, its just that simple. 282

Curtis

Apr 6, 2021
KC
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Another popular Myth in the religious world today, is the Jesus Christ died or gave His Life for everyone in the world without exception, but the problem with that, is there is not one shred of scripture evidence that states that.

The scripture however does say that He died for His Sheep or His Church as per Jn 10:11,15

11I am the good shepherd: the good shepherd giveth his life for the sheep.

15As the Father knoweth me, even so know I the Father: and I lay down my life for the sheep.

Eph 5:25

25Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it;

His People Isa 53:8

8He was taken from prison and from judgment: and who shall declare his generation? for he was cut off out of the land of the living: for the transgression of my people was he stricken. cp Matt 1:21

Now, are all without exception His Sheep ? No

Are all without exception His Church ? No

Are all without exception His People ? No

For surely the seed of the serpent Gen 3:15 cannot be of His Sheep, His Church, or His People.

So why does the religous world proclaim that Jesus Christ died for all men without exception, when they have no scripture proof ? Because it is a Myth.

Scripture makes clear Jesus paid for the sins of the whole world, but that His atonement is only applied to those who get saved by faith and repentance:

1Jn 2:2 And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but ALSO for the sins of the WHOLE WORLD.

Curtis

Apr 6, 2021
KC
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
All those that Christ died for are by that death reconciled to God and are assured of being saved by His Life ! per Rom 5:10

10 For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life.

What can be more plainer than that ? So, if one is not saved, and goes into the lake of fire to be punished for their sins, then Christ death was not for them, its just that simple. 282

That might be simple, but it’s not biblical.

Jesus said some will believe only for a while, then fall away.

Paul warned that he had to subjugate and control his flesh daily, lest after preaching to others, he end up a reprobate - and warned believers to examine themselves, whether they are in the faith, or are reprobates.

Paul warns believers time after time about living in sins of the flesh and thinking they will still go to heaven

Jesus warns the church in Sardis that most of them had defied their white robes, which scripture says are the righteousness of saints, then tells them to repent and become over-comers, so He will not blot their names out of the book of life.

Jesus died for the sins of the whole world, but His atonement only applies to those saved by faith and repentance, but being saved is no guarantee of remaining in Christ apart from continuing to walk in the light as He is in the light, and continuing to walk after the Spirit, and not after the flesh, per the conditional promises in scripture.

1Jn 2:2 And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world.

Reactions: Nancy

brightfame52

Oct 16, 2020
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Scripture makes clear Jesus paid for the sins of the whole world, but that His atonement is only applied to those who get saved by faith and repentance:

1Jn 2:2 And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but ALSO for the sins of the WHOLE WORLD.
You havent proved anything except resistance to the truth.

brightfame52

Oct 16, 2020
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That might be simple, but it’s not biblical.

Jesus said some will believe only for a while, then fall away.

Paul warned that he had to subjugate and control his flesh daily, lest after preaching to others, he end up a reprobate - and warned believers to examine themselves, whether they are in the faith, or are reprobates.

Paul warns believers time after time about living in sins of the flesh and thinking they will still go to heaven

Jesus warns the church in Sardis that most of them had defied their white robes, which scripture says are the righteousness of saints, then tells them to repent and become over-comers, so He will not blot their names out of the book of life.

Jesus died for the sins of the whole world, but His atonement only applies to those saved by faith and repentance, but being saved is no guarantee of remaining in Christ apart from continuing to walk in the light as He is in the light, and continuing to walk after the Spirit, and not after the flesh, per the conditional promises in scripture.

1Jn 2:2 And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world.
It couldnt be made more plainer, they which were reconciled by His death, shall be saved by His Life. Since all wont be saved by His Life, He didn't die for all without exception !

brightfame52

Oct 16, 2020
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Still looking at Rom 5:10 , If a person has been reconciled to God by the death of His Son, then that ensures one for whom Christ died shall be a believer !
One cannot be reconciled to God and continue their whole life as a unbeliever
. Now according to Rom 5:10 what reconciles one to God ?
A. Their Faith
b.Their repentnace
c. The Death of God's Son 285

brightfame52

Oct 16, 2020
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Four Petitions Christ Prays to the Father for those He died for !

Another reason its fiction that Christ died for everyone without exception, is because of specific petitions to the Father for those He died for that most certainly have had a favorable answer or reply from His Father.

#1 He prays that there will be those who shall believe in Him, that those whom He offered Himself for shall believe in Him through the word of His Apostles Jn 17:20

20 Neither pray I for these alone, but for them also which shall believe on me through their word;

Notice, they shall believe on Him , not maybe or hope so, but that they shall believe, Its future tense but its most surely will happen as an answer to His Prayer.

# 2 He prays for those who believe that their Faith fail not Lk 22:32

32 But I have prayed for thee, that thy faith fail not: and when thou art converted, strengthen thy brethren.

His Brethren would have been given the same like precious Faith as He, which is confirmed in 2 Pet 1:1

1 Simon Peter, a servant and an apostle of Jesus Christ, to them that have obtained like precious faith with us through the righteousness of God and our Saviour Jesus Christ:

Hence, they obtained it, it was not of themselves and would not Christ have the same desire and concern for their Faith not failing as He did for Peter in this instance ?

Why, the very reason for Christ intercession for Peter was for the benefit of others in the same household of Faith.

#3 He prays that all He died for shall have a comforter given them forever Jn 14:16

16 And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;

The world in general cannot receive this gift Jn 14:17

Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.

The world which he prayed not for is in view here Jn 17:9

I pray for them: I pray not for the world, but for them which thou hast given me; for they are thine.

#4 He Prays that they [all for whom He died] be with Him where He is and behold His Glory Jn 17:24

Father, I will that they also, whom thou hast given me, be with me where I am; that they may behold my glory, which thou hast given me: for thou lovedst me before the foundation of the world.

The they means all for whom The Father hath given the Son, and again to dispel the notion that its limited to the apostles, vs 20 neither pray I for these alone !

1 Thess 4:15-17

15 For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep.

16 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:

17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.

If one for whom Christ died, perishes in their sins, Christ petitions were failed of answer from the Father.288

brightfame52

Oct 16, 2020
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
All those Christ died for was for the purpose of them obtaining salvation, that whether they sleep or awake they shall be with Him..

1 Thess 5:9-10

9 For God hath not appointed us to wrath, but to obtain salvation by our Lord Jesus Christ,

10 Who died for us, that, whether we wake or sleep, we should live together with him.

If this end of Christ death is not obtained for all Christ died for, His death was a miserable failure to them, it could not save them.

This is what those are saying who believe and preach that Christ death was for some who have been appointed to wrath or who is going to hear these words :

Matt 7:23

23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.
or

Matt 25:41

41 Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:

brightfame52

Oct 16, 2020
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Death of Christ gathers together into one !

Its a fact that Christ did not die for everyone without exception, because His death gathers together into one, because its efficacious !

Jn 11:49-52

49 And one of them, named Caiaphas, being the high priest that same year, said unto them, Ye know nothing at all,

50 Nor consider that it is expedient for us, that one man should die for the people, and that the whole nation perish not.

51 And this spake he not of himself: but being high priest that year, he prophesied that Jesus should die for that nation;

52 And not for that nation only, but that also he should gather together in one the children of God that were scattered abroad.

Lets look at the word gather ! Its the greek word synagō and means:

to gather together, to gather

a) to draw together, collect

1) of fishes

2) of a net in which they are caught

2) to bring together, assemble, collect

a) to join together, join in one (those previously separated)

This gathering is a key element in the efficaciousness of the death of Christ for the people of God, for it gathers in the people of God, the children of God, that is, all thew children of God who went astray and alienated in Adam, the Son of God Lk 3:38

38 Which was the son of Enos, which was the son of Seth, which was the son of Adam, which was the son of God.

Note, Adam was a Child of God by creation, and the messiah was promised to be of his seed Gen 3:15 and this is confirmed with this lukean account of His genealogy by the flesh..

Now, Christ death does not make this gathering or reconciling only possible to God, as some falsely teach, but it actually brings or gathers us [ Gods children] to God.

Lets look at 1 Pet 3:18

18 For Christ also hath once suffered for sins, the just for the unjust, that he might bring [gather] us to God, being put to death in the flesh, but quickened by the Spirit:

Here Peter specifies the purpose of Christ death [suffered for sins] in order that He might bring us to God, the condition has been met by Christ death to effect the purpose.

This is a key Truth in the value and accomplishment of the death of Christ, that the substitutionary atonement of Christ, He the righteous or Just being put to death in place of the unjust [by nature] was in order to bring them to God.

Jesus expressed the same purpose for His death when He spoke these words Jn 10:16

16 And other sheep I have, which are not of this fold: them also I must bring, and they shall hear my voice; and there shall be one fold, and one shepherd.

The word bring here has the same root word as gather in Jn 11:52 ago which means to lead or to move, impel: of forces and influences on the mind

He states this after declaring in vs 11 & 15 that He lays down His Life for his sheep..

That other Sheep I have [ other than jewish sheep] and them too I must bring or gather, same connotation as Jn 11:52290

52 And not for that nation only, but that also he should gather together in one the children of God that were scattered abroad.

Yes, His Death has gathering power.

brightfame52

Oct 16, 2020
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Death of Christ Gathers !

That other Sheep I have [ other than jewish sheep] and them too I must bring or gather, same connotation as Jn 11:52

The end of Christ death is to Gather into one The Children of God, or the Children of Promise Rom 9:8

So the death of Christ in and of itself [no help from man] Gathers in or brings to God, all for whom He died. He brings them to Glory, for thats the stated purpose

Heb 2:10

10 For it became him, for whom are all things, and by whom are all things, in bringing many sons unto glory, to make the captain of their salvation perfect through sufferings.

It is they who by His death shall be made righteous as per Rom 5:19b
so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous.

The obedience here means His death or His cross Phil 2:8

8 And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.

brightfame52

Oct 16, 2020
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Death of Christ Gathers !

That other Sheep I have [ other than jewish sheep] and them too I must bring or gather, same connotation as Jn 11:52

The end of Christ death is to Gather into one The Children of God, or the Children of Promise Rom 9:8

So the death of Christ in and of itself [no help from man] Gathers in or brings to God, all for whom He died. He brings them to Glory, for thats the stated purpose

Heb 2:10

10 For it became him, for whom are all things, and by whom are all things, in bringing many sons unto glory, to make the captain of their salvation perfect through sufferings.

It is they who by His death shall be made righteous as per Rom 5:19b

so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous.

The obedience here means His death or His cross Phil 2:8291

8 And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.

Curtis

Apr 6, 2021
KC
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Four Petitions Christ Prays to the Father for those He died for !

Another reason its fiction that Christ died for everyone without exception, is because of specific petitions to the Father for those He died for that most certainly have had a favorable answer or reply from His Father.

#1 He prays that there will be those who shall believe in Him, that those whom He offered Himself for shall believe in Him through the word of His Apostles Jn 17:20

20 Neither pray I for these alone, but for them also which shall believe on me through their word;

Notice, they shall believe on Him , not maybe or hope so, but that they shall believe, Its future tense but its most surely will happen as an answer to His Prayer.

# 2 He prays for those who believe that their Faith fail not Lk 22:32

32 But I have prayed for thee, that thy faith fail not: and when thou art converted, strengthen thy brethren.

His Brethren would have been given the same like precious Faith as He, which is confirmed in 2 Pet 1:1

1 Simon Peter, a servant and an apostle of Jesus Christ, to them that have obtained like precious faith with us through the righteousness of God and our Saviour Jesus Christ:

Hence, they obtained it, it was not of themselves and would not Christ have the same desire and concern for their Faith not failing as He did for Peter in this instance ?

Why, the very reason for Christ intercession for Peter was for the benefit of others in the same household of Faith.

#3 He prays that all He died for shall have a comforter given them forever Jn 14:16

16 And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;

The world in general cannot receive this gift Jn 14:17

Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.

The world which he prayed not for is in view here Jn 17:9

I pray for them: I pray not for the world, but for them which thou hast given me; for they are thine.

#4 He Prays that they [all for whom He died] be with Him where He is and behold His Glory Jn 17:24

Father, I will that they also, whom thou hast given me, be with me where I am; that they may behold my glory, which thou hast given me: for thou lovedst me before the foundation of the world.

The they means all for whom The Father hath given the Son, and again to dispel the notion that its limited to the apostles, vs 20 neither pray I for these alone !

1 Thess 4:15-17

15 For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep.

16 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:

17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.

If one for whom Christ died, perishes in their sins, Christ petitions were failed of answer from the Father.288

Scripture is behind crystal clear that Jesus paid for the sins of the entire world, and that His atonement is applied only to those who don’t just believe, but repent of their sins, and choose to receive Jesus.

1Jn 2:2 And he is the propitiation for OUR sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the WHOLE world.

brightfame52

Oct 16, 2020
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Scripture is behind crystal clear that Jesus paid for the sins of the entire world, and that His atonement is applied only to those who don’t just believe, but repent of their sins, and choose to receive Jesus.

1Jn 2:2 And he is the propitiation for OUR sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the WHOLE world.
This is error ! Im explaining the truth to you, you cant see it !

brightfame52

Oct 16, 2020
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Only a Remnant shall be saved !

Romans 9:27

27 Esaias also crieth concerning Israel, Though the number of the children of Israel be as the sand of the sea, a remnant shall be saved:

The word remnant is the greek word hypoleimma and means remains

That means it is equivalent to a few, or a small part. It's made up of the root word kataleipo meaning:

to leave behind

a) to depart from, leave

1) to be left

b) to bid (one) to remain

c) to forsake, leave to one's self a person or thing by ceasing to care for it, to abandon, leave in the lurch

1) to be abandoned, forsaken

d) to cause to be left over, to reserve, to leave remaining

It has never been God's purpose, desire, or will to save all mankind without a exception, even as it was not with Israel, but only a portion.

Jesus reaffirms this idea in His words Matt 7:13

13 Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat:

14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.

Jesus could say this and mean it, for He is the life and the way to life, and He is the one who must find us for that Life.

Lk 15:4-5

4 What man of you, having an hundred sheep, if he lose one of them, doth not leave the ninety and nine in the wilderness, and go after that which is lost, until he find it?

5 And when he hath found it, he layeth it on his shoulders, rejoicing.

Jn 10:10

10 The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they [His Sheep] might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.

He came to save the remnant of mankind that were of His Sheep, whether of the jews or gentiles.

The remnant are those He particularly reserves for Himself as Illustrated in Rom 11:4-5

4 But what saith the answer of God unto him? I have reserved to myself seven thousand men, who have not bowed the knee to the image of Baal.

5 Even so then at this present time also there is a remnant according to the election of grace.

Notice, He says a remnant that I have reserved for myself, that is God is quite active in this reserving for Himself. The word for reserve is the same word earlier that was the root word for remnant..

God reserves for Himself a remnant of mankind from Idolatry, or baal worship and worship of the beast in the last days Rev 13:8

8 And all that dwell upon the earth shall worship him, whose names are not written in the book of life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world.

The remnant that does not worship the beast are those whose names were written in the book of life of the lamb slain from the foundation of the world, corresponding to the reserved in Israel of old who were kept back from baal worship, who were of the election of grace..

This was due to the Lamb slain from the foundation, the cross work of Jesus Christ, for this goes to prove the scope and intention of His death and its effects amongst mankind.

Why would Christ die for any who were not written in His book of life before the foundation ?

Why would God save by Grace, whom He did not chooses in the election of Grace ? Those He did not choose are called the rest Rom 11:7

7 What then? Israel hath not obtained that which he seeketh for; but the election hath obtained it, and the rest were blinded.

The rest are also a remnant ! So God purposed that there would be a remnant of mankind that are to be blinded.

Its in the passive voice, were hardened, by the purpose and power of God, were hardened !

Those outside of the election of grace, not written in the lambs book of life, Christ did not die for, hence its only a myth that Christ died for all men without exception, for He died only for that remnant that shall be saved.292

brightfame52

Oct 16, 2020
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It effects a New Life unto God !

The religious world does not have the slightest idea of what the bible teaches about the death of Christ for sinners that where dead in sin. The concept is that Christ redeeming death only makes the remedy of sin a possibility of which the dead sinner must put their finishing touches on it in order that it is made a saving experience. If man does not believe, or if man does not repent or be baptized ect, then Christ death will not save you..

But the death of Christ alone actually saves a sinner, and since its obvious that all sinners are not saved by it, then it was not for all sinners, but a chosen few.

Christ death is so efficacious that it effects or begets a new life unto God, for those He died for:

2 Cor 5:14-15

14 For the love of Christ constraineth us; because we thus judge, that if one died for all, then were all dead: 15 And that he died for all, that they which live should not henceforth live unto themselves, but unto him which died for them, and rose again.

This is because, He being their head, and they his body, His death unto sin was their death unto sin [see Rom 6:10]

And as His death destroyed the power of death Heb 2:14 and sin, this also ends their spiritual death and power to sin, ending their old life of alienation from God, and redeeming them unto a people zealous of Good Works Titus 2:14

who gave himself for us[His death], that[purpose] he might redeem us from all iniquity[Unbelief included], and purify unto himself a peculiar people, zealous of good works.

You see His death both redeems and purifies those He died for, that was the purpose of His death, not to die and wait and see who would accept it.

But it [His death] actually effects a new life unto Himself and unto God the Father..

Now does this occur for those who shall yet hear these words Matt 7:23

23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

Then Christ death was not for them, because as seen in Titus 2:14 His death redeems from all iniquity.