The Myth of saying that Jesus Christ died for all men without exception !

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But the act of redemption is ....if you would read EPHESIANS you will see that....He saved you from being dead in sin....and made you alive with Christ...without being born from above you could not be Justified.....Eph 2 is about new Birth/regeneration....

eph 2 refers to redemption not justification or salvation

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1 Pet 3:20 Which sometime were disobedient, when once the longsuffering of God waited in the days of Noah, while the ark was a preparing, wherein few, that is, eight souls were saved by water.

21 The like figure whereunto even baptism doth also now save us!
(Ark of Noah a type of the church, member of Christ and his church and salvation by baptism!)
(Outside the ark of Noah none were saved, outside the church (the ark of salvation) none are saved!)

Corlove13

Apr 30, 2021
Los Angeles
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1 Pet 3:20 Which sometime were disobedient, when once the longsuffering of God waited in the days of Noah, while the ark was a preparing, wherein few, that is, eight souls were saved by water.

(Ark of Noah a type of the church, member of Christ and his church and salvation by baptism!)
(Outside the ark of Noah none were saved, outside the church (the ark of salvation) none are saved!)
The Baptism I believe it's speaking of is an actual clear conscience before God...

Go to Hebrew 9:14, and Hebrews 10:4

Corlove13

Apr 30, 2021
Los Angeles
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Let's look at more of the passage. I will high light some key words or phrases.

16 Having a good conscience; that, whereas they speak evil of you, as of evildoers, they may be ashamed that falsely accuse your good conversation in Christ.

17 For it is better, if the will of God be so, that ye suffer for well doing, than for evil doing.

18 For Christ also hath once suffered for sins, the just for the unjust, that he might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh,
but quickened by the Spirit:

19 By which also he went and preached unto the
spirits in prison;

20 Which sometime were disobedient, when once the longsuffering of God waited in the days of Noah, while the ark was a preparing, wherein few, that is, eight souls were saved by water.

21 The like figure whereunto even baptism doth also now save us (not the putting away of the filth of the flesh,
but the answer of a good conscience toward God,) by the resurrection of Jesus Christ:

22 Who is gone into heaven, and is on the right hand of God; angels and authorities and powers being made subject unto him.

I WILL BE BACK MAYBE TO EXPLAIN AFTER I MEDITATE ON THE PASSAGE...

Corlove13

Apr 30, 2021
Los Angeles
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You have a choice? Is there more than one new covenant, more than one savior?
That has nothing to do with it...Just dont agree that's why I am not Catholic.....Catholic to me is a denomination because of it's views...like the one on Baptism.......
Regardless of what the word means it is still a denomination I do not agree with ....

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why would you not think of redemption as salvatore

redemption is the work of Christ
His life death and resurrection
Jn 1:29

justification is by faith and baptism
Mk 16;16 acts 8:36-38

salvation begins at the hour of death for those who are faithful
Jn 15:1 matt 24:13

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Baptism I believe it's speaking of is an actual clear conscience before God...

Go to Hebrew 9:14, and Hebrews 10:4

yes of course but it is only applied to our souls in the sacraments

the promise of the father acts 2:38-39

A promise from God is a sacred oath, and a sacred oath is a sacrament
Ez 36:25-27

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I do not agree...
I was Baptized not because it saved me..
For recall the things that are seen are temporary...[water Baptism is seen] The things unseen are eternal.

Jesus was lying in Mk 16:16 he who believes AND is baptized shall be saved???

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You cannot enter a covenant by faith alone
There must be an outward sign
It’s baptism

Context of Jn 3:5 “born again”

John1:26 John answered them, saying, I baptize with water: but there standeth one among you, whom ye know not; (John prepared the way by baptism)

John 2:6 And there were set there six waterpots of stone, after the manner of the purifying of the Jews, containing two or three firkins apiece. (Old covenant prefiguring of baptism, purification from sin)(His disciples believed because the ever Virgin mother of God interceded Jn 2:11)

John3:5 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God. (Baptism)

John 3:22 After these things came Jesus and his disciples into the land of Judaea; and there he tarried with them, and baptized. 23 And John also was baptizing in Aenon near to Salim, because there was much water there: and they came, and were baptized.(Baptism / water)

John 4:1 When therefore the Lord knew how the Pharisees had heard that Jesus made and baptized more disciples than John.

Born again means Baptismal regeneration!

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
(Born of God) faith and baptism

Jn 1:12-13 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:

13 Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.

1 Jn 5:4 For whatsoever is born of God overcometh the world: and this is the victory that overcometh the world, even our faith.

5 Who is he that overcometh the world, but he that believeth that Jesus is the Son of God?

6 This is he that came by water and blood, even Jesus Christ; not by water only, but by water and blood. And it is the Spirit that beareth witness, because the Spirit is truth.

7 For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one.

8 And there are three that bear witness in earth, the Spirit, and the water, and the blood: and these three agree in one.

Born of God by baptism

1 pet 1:2 Elect according to the foreknowledge of God the Father, through sanctification of the Spirit, unto obedience and sprinkling of the blood of Jesus Christ: Grace unto you, and peace, be multiplied.

1 Peter 1:22
Seeing ye have purified your souls in obeying the truth through the Spirit unto unfeigned love of the brethren, see that ye love one another with a pure heart fervently: see Ez 36

Rev 1:5 And from Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness, and the first begotten of the dead, and the prince of the kings of the earth. Unto him that loved us, and washed us from our sins in his own blood, (baptism rom 6:3-4)

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That has nothing to do with it...Just dont agree that's why I am not Catholic.....Catholic to me is a denomination because of it's views...like the one on Baptism.......
Regardless of what the word means it is still a denomination I do not agree with ....

the Bible admits of no denominations only the
one fold
one body of Christ
One new covenant church founded by Christ on Peter and the apostles Matt 16:18 Jn 10:16

brightfame52

Oct 16, 2020
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I read the title, the point I believe she is making is He died for all, but not all receive
Therefore that is how one can say it without exception.
So after you read the title you refuse to read the post ? I explain my title, you not interested, right ?

Corlove13

Apr 30, 2021
Los Angeles
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Let's look at more of the passage. I will high light some key words or phrases.

16 Having a good conscience; that, whereas they speak evil of you, as of evildoers, they may be ashamed that falsely accuse your good conversation in Christ.

17 For it is better, if the will of God be so, that ye suffer for well doing, than for evil doing.

18 For Christ also hath once suffered for sins, the just for the unjust, that he might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh,
but quickened by the Spirit:

19 By which also he went and preached unto the
spirits in prison;

20 Which sometime were disobedient, when once the longsuffering of God waited in the days of Noah, while the ark was a preparing, wherein few, that is, eight souls were saved by water.

21 The like figure whereunto even baptism doth also now save us (not the putting away of the filth of the flesh,
but the answer of a good conscience toward God,) by the resurrection of Jesus Christ:

22 Who is gone into heaven, and is on the right hand of God; angels and authorities and powers being made subject unto him.

I WILL BE BACK MAYBE TO EXPLAIN AFTER I MEDITATE ON THE PASSAGE...
So the questions- whose Baptism saves us now?
What cup did Christ Drink?

So we know the 1 Peter passage speaks of the quickening ...sounds like our Baptism is Christ in us the hope of Glory...Now How is Christ in us our Baptism [quickening]
By being renewed with the right Spirit in our mind
So we know His death reconciled us, and it is by His Life[quickening Spirit] we are justified

Now if this is true it will correspond with the ark typology.

How did Noah have a clear conscience before God? Because God gave Him the ark to build.
So when the wrath(water came) He knew the Ark was His answer for deliverence.

Go to the passage:
1 John 4
17In this way, love has been perfected among us, so that we may have confidence on the day of judgment; for in this world we are just like Him.

So the one Baptism that we are renewed by in this world is the effects of Baptism Christ took on....the death of sin...because after words in 3 day He rose......It is by His Life.
Therefore we were Baptized Into His death so that we can be renewed by the Spirit in our mind ...and this is the Baptism that saves us now.

Another words His Life is the water of life.

Recall Jesus says these words I speak to you are Spirit and Life.....

John 15
3Now ye are clean through the word which I have spoken unto you. 4Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; no more can ye, except ye abide in me

So if one abides in Christ being renewed by the spirit in their mind...this is their spiritual walk... and where the blood continues to cleanse the conscience of dead works.

It just like the passage says...its better to die for doing right....but one does right because of who they have chosen to follow.

This is my take....I advise people to study for themselves

So in summery after you received the Spirit there is a continual washing as we remain in Christ....like He tells the disciples....abide in God's love....

And it is compared to ritual washings(removing the dirt from the skin) under the Law.....

They were washed then By one living thing....water...

And we are continually washed by the water of life, Jesus ,Which if we remain...have a clear conscience before God the Father.

It's about removing dirt from our heart...
Recall first make the tree good and it's fruit will be....God is Glorified by the fruit we bear.

Or remember first clean the inside of the cup and the outside will be.

It's about the life we receive now on earth from God to overcome the world, Satan and the flesh. Redemption of the Body....bringing everything under submission to God.

Last edited:

Corlove13

Apr 30, 2021
Los Angeles
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
redemption is the work of Christ
His life death and resurrection
Jn 1:29

justification is by faith and baptism