The Myth of saying that Jesus Christ died for all men without exception !

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

brightfame52

Oct 16, 2020
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
epikospos

Is it, for God so loved the church that He gave His only Son? No. It's the whole world.

It may as well have said the Church, because thats the world Christ Loved and gave Himself for Eph 5:25

25 Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it;

The Church and the world are synonymous when it comes to whom Christ Loved and gave Himself for !

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
epikospos

It may as well have said the Church, because thats the world Christ Loved and gave Himself for Eph 5:25

25 Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it;

The Church and the world are synonymous when it comes to whom Christ Loved and gave Himself for !
this is a stretch. Yes in eph 5 he said as christ loved the church.

But the mere fact he did not use the word World (kosmos) but he used the word Church (ekklesia) destroys your own point.

brightfame52

Oct 16, 2020
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
One of many Blasphemies !

Rev 13:1

And I stood upon the sand of the sea, and saw a beast rise up out of the sea, having seven heads and ten horns, and upon his horns ten crowns, and upon his heads the name of blasphemy.

Rev 17:3

So he carried me away in the spirit into the wilderness: and I saw a woman sit upon a scarlet coloured beast, full of names of blasphemy, having seven heads and ten horns.

The Teaching that Jesus Christ died for all mankind without exception, and yet many of them are in hell, or are on their way there, that He died for, is Blasphemy. It is Blasphemy against the Entire Godhead, The Father, Son and Holy Ghost.

I don't believe there is a more insulting teaching against God in all the world than this Blasphemy. It also is perhaps the Most Popular Teaching worldwide.

What I am speaking of, is that teaching which teaches that the Lord Jesus Christ actually died to make salvation only possible for all mankind.

He is taught to have shed His blood to only make His Salvation possible, and it did not make certain or ensure the Salvation of any. So the shedding of the Blood of Christ did not ensure no ones Salvation !

The ramifications of such an insult against the blood of atonement is huge and many. The Primary consequence of this impiety is that it designates man as his own Saviour, his own Redeemer !

They are Saved or Redeemed ultimately not by what the Blood did or accomplished, but what they did. Thats a Blasphemy !

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

You know that is not true. Today, merely 1/4 of the worlds population even identify as Christian. Of those, only 1/3 resemble the practicing variety, at best.

So, 11/12 of the world are not the active church.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You, @Wrangler, just wrote that you are part of "the whole world" then your name can replace the phrase "the whole world" in 1 John 5:19 which results in "Wrangler lies in the evil one".

Christians have overcome the evil one (1 John 2:13), so Christians cannot lie in the evil one simultaneously to being beyond/overcomed the evil one.

The phrase "the whole world" in 1 John 5:19 does not include Christians.

A person's self proclaimed attachment to "the whole world" in 1 John 5:19 results in such a person abiding (lying, living) in the evil one.

what makes you a Christian?

Reactions: Wrangler

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Spoken like a true RCC soldier . Partner , if our trust is not in JESUS , if our faith is not in HIS work alone
Then we wont be saved at our end . FOR OUR TRUST WAS IN US TO SAVE US . Ponder that one .
And for ya accuse me of being one of the hyper grace , I constantly remind , BE YE HEARES AND DOERS or YOU done deceived yourself .
MY TRUST IN IN JESUS . IN HE IS MY HOPE . Now let all that draws breath , PRAISE and REJOICE IN THE LORD .

there is more than one savior?

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Here's the question for you.

@theefaith, do you believe that you, right now, are a part of "the whole world" as it is written in "the whole world lies in the evil one" (1 John 5:19)?

I did not write "In the world" in the question, rather I did write "part of 'the whole world'".

kjv says

1 jn 5:19 And we know that we are of God, and the whole world lieth in wickedness.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You’re out of context: Peter said REPENT and be baptized to get the gift of the Holy Spirit- the Holy Spirit gift is promised, not to infants, but to our children- and the context is, whenever they are old enough TO REPENT and be baptized, they too will receive the gift.

Which goes right back to the fact that infants can’t soeak, think, or repent - besides having nothing to REPENT OF yet.

In case you don’t know it, the jailer asked how to be saved, and they answered BELIEVE on the Lord Jesus, and you’ll be saved, and your house - not believe and be baptized.

Acts 16 says not one word about baptism FOR salvation, or that the jailers household includes any children at all, especially infants - but if they had any children, they would have to be old enough to BELIEVE to be saved - which still excludes non thinking, non speaking, non believing infants.

The baptism there followed belief unto salvation, and wasn’t called by Paul a part of their being saved by faith.

mid repentance is not possible or not necessary it’s not required

faith yes
Faith alone no
Must believe and remain in a constant state of believing Jn3:16 until death matt 24:13
Then believe Christ who said he who believes and is baptized shall be saved Mk 16:16

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You’re out of context: Peter said REPENT and be baptized to get the gift of the Holy Spirit- the Holy Spirit gift is promised, not to infants, but to our children- and the context is, whenever they are old enough TO REPENT and be baptized, they too will receive the gift.

Which goes right back to the fact that infants can’t soeak, think, or repent - besides having nothing to REPENT OF yet.

In case you don’t know it, the jailer asked how to be saved, and they answered BELIEVE on the Lord Jesus, and you’ll be saved, and your house - not believe and be baptized.

Acts 16 says not one word about baptism FOR salvation, or that the jailers household includes any children at all, especially infants - but if they had any children, they would have to be old enough to BELIEVE to be saved - which still excludes non thinking, non speaking, non believing infants.

The baptism there followed belief unto salvation, and wasn’t called by Paul a part of their being saved by faith.

faith can’t save you 1 cor 13:2 all faith without charity avails nothing
1 cor 13:13 greatest is charity
Phil 1:29 not called to faith alone

Matthew 16:24
Then said Jesus unto his disciples, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me.

saved by grace not faith alone

Reactions: Reggie Belafonte

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As I said, the TERMS catechism, sacraments, Eucharist, confirmation, the rosary, stations of the cross, monstrance, or pope - none of those WORDS used at all, as would be the case if the Roman sect was the be-all and end-all of Christianity, and source of authoritative truth.

Peter didn’t even use a single Roman Catholic sect term/word in his writings.
All biblical
Acts 2:42 doctrine of the apostles
Bound on earth by the apostles Matt 16:18 18:18

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As I said, the TERMS catechism, sacraments, Eucharist, confirmation, the rosary, stations of the cross, monstrance, or pope - none of those WORDS used at all, as would be the case if the Roman sect was the be-all and end-all of Christianity, and source of authoritative truth.

where does the Bible say have a reformation?
Revival?
Tent meeting?
Sunday school?
Communion on 1st Sunday?
Total rebellion against Christ and his holy church!

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

You have a problem with the staitions of the cross??? Prayer? Meditation in the passion and death of Christ?

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

where does the Bible say it has to be in the Bible? Acts 2:42 they held to the doctrine of the apostles not to scripture alone

Authority of the Apostles!

What authority does Christ have?
What power does Christ have?
What mission / ministry does Christ have?

Peter, the apostles and their successors have the same authority, power, and mission! Jn 20:21 as my father sent me, even so send I you!

The apostles are Christ’s successors!
They have authority to send others as well, apostle means one who is sent!

Therefore the apostles have authority to send more apostles or successors!
Apostolic succession!

The nations still need to be taught, disciples still need to be baptized and the church the new covenant kingdom of christ still needs to be governed!

Hebrews 3:1
Wherefore, holy brethren, partakers of the heavenly calling, consider the Apostle and High Priest of our profession, Christ Jesus;

Christ is an apostle, and has authority to send other apostles, the apostles also have this authority, so the apostles continue down thru the centuries as Christ promised! Matt 28:19-20

Keys of authority! And power to bind and loose! Matt 16:18 and Matt 18:18 matt 28:19

Moral authority:
(Teaching)
Necessity of being taught by Christ:
Two edge sword: defining truth and condemning errors, and Interpreting scripture.

Jurisdictional authority:
(Governing / administering)
Necessity of Peter and the apostles and their successors to govern the holy church.

Spiritual authority:
(Life of Grace)
Sanctifying thru the mass and Sacraments

Jesus Christ continues HIS ministry in His new covenant church thru Peter, the apostles, and their successors with the same mission, power, and authority!
Mt 16:18 Mt 28:19 Acts 1:17 acts 8:31 & 35 Lk 10:16 Jn 8:32 Jn 13:20 Jn 15:5 Jn 16:13 Jn 20:21-22 eph 2:20

Lk 10:16
He who hears you hears me...

John 13:20
Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that receiveth whomsoever I send receiveth me; and he that receiveth me receiveth him that sent me.

Only the church has authority from Christ to define the truth and teach!
Matt 16:18 matt 18:18 matt 28:19 Jn 20:21-23 Jn 8:32 Jn 16:13

Successors of Jesus Christ!

Jesus already prepares His apostles to continue His mission with His power (binding and loosing) and with His authority (keys) matt 16:18 matt 18:18

John 3:5 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.

John 3:22 After these things came Jesus and his disciples into the land of Judaea; and there he tarried with them, and baptized.

John 4:1 when therefore the Lord knew how the Pharisees had heard that Jesus made and baptized more disciples than John...
Jn 4:2 Though Jesus himself baptized not, but his disciples

Here we see Jesus delegating to His successors, Peter and the apostles!

Jn 15:5 apart from me you can do nothing

There can be no unity of the spirit without obedience to the faith! Rom 1:5 eph 4:3

Matt 28 I am with you (the apostles)

The papacy based on Matt 16:18 and Isa 22:21-22

Matt 16:18-19
18 And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.

19 And I will give unto thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.

Isa 22:21-22
21 And I will clothe him with thy robe, and strengthen him with thy girdle, and I will commit thy government into his hand: and he shall be a father to the inhabitants of Jerusalem, and to the house of Judah.

22 And the key of the house of David will I lay upon his shoulder; so he shall open, and none shall shut; and he shall shut, and none shall open.

Behold I am with you (the successors or the apostles until the end of the age, so the successors must remain until the end of the age) matt 28:19

(None of the so called reformers were apostles) (no man has authority to start a church)

Reactions: Reggie Belafonte

brightfame52

Oct 16, 2020
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You know that is not true. Today, merely 1/4 of the worlds population even identify as Christian. Of those, only 1/3 resemble the practicing variety, at best.

So, 11/12 of the world are not the active church.
I know it is true, apparently you dont know its true.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
there is more than one savior?
Only JESUS and it sure aint the RCC . But thanks for the repsonse . YES , there is only ONE savoir .
And while it for sure is not the RCC , HIS NAME IS JESUS . Let all learn HIS teachings and the teachings of the apostles
Learn those bibles well .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Only JESUS and it sure aint the RCC . But thanks for the repsonse . YES , there is only ONE savoir .
And while it for sure is not the RCC , HIS NAME IS JESUS . Let all learn HIS teachings and the teachings of the apostles
Learn those bibles well .
One salvation too?