The Myth of saying that Jesus Christ died for all men without exception !

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Kermos

Mar 18, 2019
United States
JesusDelivers.Faith
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No. one must abide in Christ Jesus. it's that simple, the gift is their only you have to pick it up.
Yes he died for all Man but free will is about that you have to it pick up. so it's their for all.
Remember it's their for all, it's given freely, it's not bestowed upon Man regardless, as the Satanist will have one tempted, such a thing is clearly devoid.
Such people make claims that they are saved through the act it's self. so they have not been changed themselves at all, such is of the carnal mind as such a one is clearly playing that one need not abide in the Vine.
So even the Devil himself is free on such an account to run loose from the Vine.
Remember the ones who will say Lord Lord and Jesus never knew them ? No such only abide in their own self righteousness religion just like the Jews who killed Jesus.

Did them Jews who wanted to do all that they did to Jesus do such for, so The free gift to be given to them ? their is a free gift to be taken their, or stolen ? yet disregard the Vine ? that's why Jesus said such I am the way, and all such do you understand all such that Jesus said ? because if one does not then one maybe ignorant of the facts of the gift.

You wrote of abiding in Jesus as if man can do this abiding in man's autonomous free will power.

Lord Jesus says "I am the vine, you are the branches; he who abides in Me and I in him, he bears much fruit, for apart from Me you can do nothing" (John 15:5).

This Word of God "apart from Me you can do nothing" (John 15:5) eliminates any of man's autonomous free will power before being conjured up by modern people as precepts of men that lead to worship in vain (Matthew 15:9).

Kermos

Mar 18, 2019
United States
JesusDelivers.Faith
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A modern translation might light your path: 1 John 5:19
The Voice

19 Have confidence in the fact that we belong to God, but also know that the world around us is in the grips of the evil one.

Yes, I agree that while I (we) belong to God, the fallen world is in the grips of the evil one.

Because John wrote "you have overcome the evil one" (1 John 2:13), then this means Christians are beyond the evil one; therefore, no Christian lies in the evil one.

This means that "the whole world" in 1 John 5:19 does not include the children of God for we are Christians.

This means that "the whole world" in 1 John 5:19 does not include every person everywhere because Christians are not included.

This means that free-will supporting persons have not overcome the evil one since such free-will supporting persons include themselves in "the whole world" thus including themselves as lying in the evil one.

The "lies" or "lying" in the evil one is similar to "abides" or "abiding" in the evil one, so there is a tight relationship between such free-will supporting persons and the evil one.

This means that free-will supporting persons are not Christians, and it is the free-will supporting persons definition of "world" that effectually makes such free-will supporting persons Non-Christians, that is, unbelievers.

This also means the word "world" does not have to mean every person everywhere when the word "world" is used in the Bible.

These two different meanings for the word "world", "the whole world", occur in one book of the New Testament.

It is time to return to 1 John 2:2.

John was writing to God's own people in the Book of the First Letter of John (1 John), so the context is believers. This means the letter is contextually from the perspecive of believers. This affects the phrase "the whole world" in 1 John 2:2such that "the whole world" refers to the chosen persons of God (John 15:16, John 15:19) who God is yet to work faith/belief in the Son of God whom the Father has sent (John 6:29).

Behold, John wrote "He Himself is the propitiation for our sins" (1 John 2:2) - that "our" and the upcoming "our" are believers like I mentioned in the prior paragraph. John also wrote "and not for ours only, but also for the whole world" - that "the whole world" mentioned by John refers to the chosen persons of God (John 15:16, John 15:19) who are yet to be imparted the work of God, faith/belief, in Lord Jesus Christ whom the Father has sent (John 6:29).

In 1 John 2:2, the word "world" does not include person that currently have been imparted the work of God, faith/belief, in Lord Jesus Christ whom the Father has sent (John 6:29) because John led with "He Himself is the propitiation for our sins and not for ours only", so John uses "our" for exclusively current believers and John uses "world" for exclusively future believers.

The word "world" in 1 John 2:2 is the population of persons who are yet to be imparted the work of God that is faith/belief in Lord Jesus Christ whom the Father has sent (John 6:29).

The word "world" in 1 John 5:19 is the population of persons who have NOT been imparted the work of God that is faith/belief in Lord Jesus Christ whom the Father has sent (John 6:29), and this population of persons includes persons that will not be imparted faith/belief before such persons die.

Behold, the two different populations of persons represented by "world" in the Book of the First Letter of John (1 John).

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Since you brought up "the whole world" while trying to apply Christ's atonement to everyone everywhere in 1 John 2:2, then you convey that "the whole world" automatically means everyone everywhere.

The Apostle John wrote "He Himself is the propitiation for our sins; and not for ours only, but also for [those of] the whole world" (1 John 2:2).

The Apostle John also wrote "the whole world lies in the evil one" (1 John 5:19).

These two of "the whole world" occur in the same book, First John.

@Episkopos, do you believe that you, right now, are a part of "the whole world" as it is written in "the whole world lies in the evil one" (1 John 5:19)?

You have to make a distinction between the collective whole and the individual. If it rains outside in a given area then all who are outside will get wet. But if an individual remains inside the house or has an umbrella then that person can stay dry. The weather is not about individuals. The weather is over the whole region.

Likewise what Jesus defeated was on a global level. And the lies of the devil are also on a global level. But that doesn't mean that everyone individually will be affected the same way.

Jesus died and liberated the world from the devil by purchasing it back with His own blood. But that provision isn't personal to anyone. God is not a respecter of persons. And an individual has no business claiming the victory of Christ for himself. That is the height of foolishness. Yet that is exactly what many will try to do. Jesus was resurrected for the justification of all who enter into Him; that partake of His life in a justification granted to the individual by living in a resurrected power over sin. It only becomes personal when we partake of Christ ourselves.

So then the sins of the world (collective) are washed away from a creation that is still under the dominion (collective) of the devil. That means if a person claims to have the victory in Christ personally for what Jesus did for the whole world collectively, then that person is still under the deception of the devil who retains a collective dominion over the world.

The carnal mind comes from the devil. But the victory that is in Christ is away from the power of the flesh and the carnal mind. It takes a personal revival of the Spirit to be exempt from the condemnation that is in the world. And the whole world now has access to the grace that gives us the victory over sin, the flesh and the devil.

Reactions: Reggie Belafonte

Kermos

Mar 18, 2019
United States
JesusDelivers.Faith
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You have to make a distinction between the collective whole and the individual. If it rains outside in a given area then all who are outside will get wet. But if an individual remains inside the house or has an umbrella then that person can stay dry. The weather is not about individuals. The weather is over the whole region.

Likewise what Jesus defeated was on a global level. And the lies of the devil are also on a global level. But that doesn't mean that everyone individually will be affected the same way.

Jesus died and liberated the world from the devil by purchasing it back with His own blood. But that provision isn't personal to anyone. God is not a respecter of persons. And an individual has no business claiming the victory of Christ for himself. That is the height of foolishness. Yet that is exactly what many will try to do. Jesus was resurrected for the justification of all who enter into Him; that partake of His life in a justification granted to the individual by living in a resurrected power over sin. It only becomes personal when we partake of Christ ourselves.

So then the sins of the world (collective) are washed away from a creation that is still under the dominion (collective) of the devil. That means tf a person claims to have the victory in Christ personally for what Jesus did for the whole world collectively, then that person is still under the deception of the devil who retains a collective dominion over the world.

The carnal mind comes from the devil. But the victory that is in Christ is away from the power of the flesh and the carnal mind. It takes a personal revival of the Spirit to be exempt from the condemnation that is in the world. And the whole world now has access to the grace that gives us the victory over sin, the flesh and the devil.

@Episkopos, do you believe that you, right now, are a part of "the whole world" as it is written in "the whole world lies in the evil one" (1 John 5:19)?

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

If I am not walking by the power of the Spirit, then of course. My personal condition will fluctuate until I have attained the full stature in Christ. Spiritual maturity is a long and hard fight. Being under the sway of the devil, at least to some degree, is the continuing default position of all who remain uncovered by the grace of the resurrected Christ. But I also know about the access to the salvation that is in Christ even when I am absent from the Lord and His abiding place. So when I am in the Spirit I am free from the sin in this world. The law of the Spirit is universal. It affects all who enter into Christ. But for me as an individual that is a journey towards the full stature of Christ. And it may well serve God's purpose for me to come out of the Spirit in order to appreciate the eternal weight the heavenly gift of life has. So I have learned to take nothing for granted. A person who is spiritually dead or asleep doesn't realize that they are outside being rained on by the devil. They accept religious doctrines that are mere abstractions that have no power over sin.

Do you claim to be personally saved from the power of sin by simply accepting that the historical Jesus redeemed the world away from the devil?

Jesus had to overcome the powers of this world in their entirety in order to give all men access to the grace that only a few will seek after.

The state of the modern church is weak in that a religious mind has no power over the flesh, the world and the devil.

Jesus said...ask anything in My name and it will be done. And if we had real faith we could do the impossible. So then a human belief is a poor replacement for the faith OF Jesus Christ.

When the Son of Man returns will He find faith on the earth?

Last edited:

Curtis

Apr 6, 2021
KC
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
that’s a great bible reference are now an apostle or the word of God?

Sacraments instituted by Christ for the salvation of souls!

Not by “faith alone”
“Faith alone” not biblical
“Faith alone” never given in prophesy in the OT.
You may think “Accept Jesus Christ as you personal Lord and savior” is biblical but there is no such verse in your bible!

Faith and the sacraments in the church founded by the authority Christ on Peter and the apostles is biblical!

Faith and baptism is the biblical initiation into the new covenant and member is Christ and His holy church!
Ez 36:25-27 Mk 16:16 acts 8:36-38

Merits of christ’s passion, death, and precious blood are applied in the sacraments! Jn 1:16

Colossians 1:20
And, having made peace through the blood of his cross, by him to reconcile all things unto himself; by him, I say, whether they be things in earth, or things in heaven.

Matt 26:28 For this is my blood of the new testament, which is shed for many for the remission of sins.

Acts 22:16
And now why tarriest thou? arise, and be baptized, and wash away thy sins, calling on the name of the Lord.

Rom 3:24
Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus:

1 pet 1:2 Elect according to the foreknowledge of God the Father, through sanctification of the Spirit, unto obedience and sprinkling of the blood of Jesus Christ: Grace unto you, and peace, be multiplied.

Heb 10:22
Let us draw near with a true heart in full assurance of faith, having our hearts sprinkled from an evil conscience, and our bodies washed with pure water.

Acts 2:47
Praising God, and having favour with all the people. And the Lord added to the church daily such as should be saved.

1 Corinthians 12:13
For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit.

Galatians 3:27
For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ.

Lk 1: 72 To perform the mercy promised to our fathers, and to remember his holy covenant;

73 The oath which he sware to our father Abraham,

74 That he would grant unto us, that we being delivered out of the hand of our enemies might serve him without fear,

There is only one true church founded by Christ on Peter and the apostles and their successors is the new covenant body of Christ! Matt 1:18 & Jn 10:16 one fold

1 Timothy 3:15
But if I tarry long, that thou mayest know how thou oughtest to behave thyself in the house of God, which is the church of the living God, the pillar and ground of the truth.

Christ and His church are one: acts 9 why persecute me?

Sacraments are the fruit of the sacrifice!
The holy sacrifice of Christ, His passion, blood, and death producing unlimited fruits of divine grace, actual and sanctifying grace! Jn 1:29 Jn 1:16-17 Jn 10:10

The promise (sacred oath or sacrament) of the Father acts 2:38-39 with reference to ez 36:25-27 Also a mystery
Mk 4:11 Eph 5:32 eph 6:19 1 Tim 3:9 3:16 Col 1:27 2:2 4:3

Acts 2:38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

39 For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the Lord our God shall call.

Ez 36:25 Then will I sprinkle clean water upon you, and ye shall be clean: from all your filthiness, and from all your idols, will I cleanse you.

26 A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh.

27 And I will put my spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do them.

Jn 3:5 born again by water and the spirit.

Heb 7:21 For those priests were made without an oath; but this with an oath by him that said unto him, The Lord sware and will not repent, Thou art a priest for ever after the order of Melchisedec
(Oath = sacrament)

Hebrews 8:6
But now hath he obtained a more excellent ministry, by how much also he is the mediator of a better covenant, which was established upon better promises. Based on Jer 31:31 Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah:

A promise is a sacred oath or sacrament!
Baptismal regeneration is the promise of the Father for union in the new covenant!

The church and the seven sacraments are necessary for salvation

Better covenant on better promises

2 Timothy 1:1
Paul, an apostle of Jesus Christ by the will of God, according to the promise of life which is in Christ Jesus,

Life of supernatural grace merited by Christ in His passion and death!

An oath to sacramental life in the new covenant in union with the mediator and communion with God, and the saints!

Promise of the Father acts 2:23-39
Promise is an oath and an oath is a sacrament! This promise of the sacrament of baptism refers to ez. 36:25-27

1 Corinthians 12:13
For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit.

Galatians 3:27
For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ.

1 Pet 3:20
Which sometime were disobedient, when once the longsuffering of God waited in the days of Noah, while the ark was a preparing, wherein few, that is, eight souls were saved by water.

21 The like figure whereunto even baptism doth also now save us!
(Ark of Noah a type of the church, member of Christ and his church and salvation by baptism!)
(Outside the ark all died and outside the church there is no salvation!)

Jn 1:5-5 abide in Him, apart from Him you can do nothing.

Jn 10:10 life, (grace more abundantly)
Jn 1: 16 And of his fulness have all we received, and grace for grace.

17 For the law was given by Moses, but grace and truth came by Jesus Christ.
Thru the sacraments!

God provides for everything:
John 14:6
Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

He is the way we must follow!
He is the truth we must believe!
He is the life, life of grace thru the sacraments of the church in which we must live!

Abide in Christ and His church with grace and life provided by God thru the sacraments!

I find it very interesting that the Bible uses none of the terms used by the Roman sect, except baptism - but even baptism is different in scriptures- it’s not for infants, but for those who confess their belief, and repent of their sins.
Other than baptism, you don’t find catechism, confirmation, the title of Pope, Sacraments, stations of the cross, the rosary, monstrance, calling communion the Eucharist, holy waiter, or shrines to Mary in the Bible - not even in the two books written by the supposed pope,Peter.
BTW Peter was married.

Last edited:

Kermos

Mar 18, 2019
United States
JesusDelivers.Faith
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If I am not walking by the power of the Spirit, then of course. My personal condition will fluctuate until I have attained the full stature in Christ. Spiritual maturity is a long and hard fight. Being under the sway of the devil is the continuing default position of all who remain uncovered by the grace of the resurrected Christ. But I also know about the access to the salvation that is in Christ even when I am absent from the Lord and His abiding place. So when I am in the Spirit I am free from the sin in this world. The law of the Spirit is universal. It affects all who enter into Christ. But for me as an individual that is a journey towards the full stature of Christ. And it may well serve God's purpose for me to come out of the Spirit in order to appreciate the eternal weight the heavenly gift of life has. So I have learned to take nothing for granted. A person who is spiritually dead or asleep doesn't realize that they are outside being rained on by the devil. They accept religious doctrines that are mere abstractions that have no power over sin.

Do you claim to be personally saved from the power of sin by simply accepting that the historical Jesus redeemed the world away from the devil?

Jesus had to overcome the powers of this world in their entirety in order to give all men access to the grace that only a few will seek after.

The state of the modern church is weak in that a religious mind has no power over the flesh, the world and the devil.

Jesus said...ask anything in My name and it will be done. And if we had real faith we could do the impossible. So then a human belief is a poor replacement for the faith OF Jesus Christ.

When the Son of Man returns will He find faith on the earth?

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I find it very interesting that the Bible uses none of the terms used by the Roman sect, except baptism - but even baptism is different in scriptures- it’s not for infants, but for those who confess their belief, and repent of their sins.
Other than baptism, you don’t find catechism, confirmation, the title of Pope, Sacraments, stations of the cross, the rosary, monstrance, calling communion the Eucharist, holy waiter, or shrines to Mary in the Bible - not even in the two books written by the supposed pope,Peter.
BTW Peter was married.

Baptism of infants?
Acts 2:38-39 this promise is to you’re CHILDREN!
Acts 16:15 it does not say except infants
1 cor 1:16 entire household including infants

Catechism Lk 1:4

Confirmation Matt 17:27 Lk 22:32 acts 8:14-17

Title of pope Isa 22:21-22

The Eucharist: (holy communion)
Mt 26:26-39 Jn 6:51-58 1 Cor 11:23-25

Confession of sins:
Jn 20:23 / 1 Jn 1:9 / 2 cor 5:18

Rosary is simply the meditation on the 15 sections of the gospel
Phil 4:8
Especially the passion and death of blessed our savior
Shrine to Mary is the throne of grace

Blessing from God thru Mary!

All graces come to us they Mary, from God by the merits (blood) of Christ!
Jn 1:16
Of His fullness we have all received, grace for grace!

Elizabeth filled with the Holy Spirit!

Lk 1:41 And it came to pass, that, when Elisabeth heard the salutation of Mary, the babe leaped in her womb; and Elisabeth was filled with the Holy Ghost:

John sanctified in the womb!

Lk 1:15 For he shall be great in the sight of the Lord, and shall drink neither wine nor strong drink; and he shall be filled with the Holy Ghost, even from his mother's womb.

Lk 1:44 For, lo, as soon as the voice of thy salutation sounded in mine ears, the babe leaped in my womb for joy.

Zacharias is filled with the Holy Spirit and prophecy!

Lk 1:67 And his father Zacharias was filled with the Holy Ghost, and prophesied, saying,

The wedding couple have wine and not shame!

Jn 2: 10 And saith unto him, Every man at the beginning doth set forth good wine; and when men have well drunk, then that which is worse: but thou hast kept the good wine until now.

The disciples are supplied with faith, hope, and charity!

11 This beginning of miracles did Jesus in Cana of Galilee, and manifested forth his glory; and his disciples believed on him.

All these blessings from God because of Mary most holy!

Mother of Divine Grace!

Hebrews 4:16
Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need.

The throne of Grace is the throne of Mary the ever Virgin mother of God!

We come boldly to this throne cause Mary is our mother and advocate!

Mary is the storehouse of divine graces!

Lk 1:28
And the angel entered to her, and said, Hail Mary, full of grace; the Lord is with thee; blessed be thou among women.

A good tree!

Matthew 7:18
A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit.

The fruit of the tree of Mary is our salvation! Lk 2:30 Jesus is our salvation!
Lk 1:30 Mary found our salvation!

And basically all thing taught by the apostles is biblical Matt 16:18 18:18 Jn 2:21-23 acts 2:42

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In the world but not of the world
Three enemies of our salvation the world the flesh and the devil
No one is saved until the hour of death
Matt 24:13

Kermos

Mar 18, 2019
United States
JesusDelivers.Faith
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That’s not what it means. We are part of this world.

You, @Wrangler, just wrote that you are part of "the whole world" then your name can replace the phrase "the whole world" in 1 John 5:19 which results in "Wrangler lies in the evil one".

Christians have overcome the evil one (1 John 2:13), so Christians cannot lie in the evil one simultaneously to being beyond/overcomed the evil one.

The phrase "the whole world" in 1 John 5:19 does not include Christians.

A person's self proclaimed attachment to "the whole world" in 1 John 5:19 results in such a person abiding (lying, living) in the evil one.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Spoken like a true RCC soldier . Partner , if our trust is not in JESUS , if our faith is not in HIS work alone
Then we wont be saved at our end . FOR OUR TRUST WAS IN US TO SAVE US . Ponder that one .
And for ya accuse me of being one of the hyper grace , I constantly remind , BE YE HEARES AND DOERS or YOU done deceived yourself .
MY TRUST IN IN JESUS . IN HE IS MY HOPE . Now let all that draws breath , PRAISE and REJOICE IN THE LORD .

Reactions: Reggie Belafonte

Kermos

Mar 18, 2019
United States
JesusDelivers.Faith
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Here's the question for you.

@theefaith, do you believe that you, right now, are a part of "the whole world" as it is written in "the whole world lies in the evil one" (1 John 5:19)?

I did not write "In the world" in the question, rather I did write "part of 'the whole world'".

Curtis

Apr 6, 2021
KC
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Baptism of infants?

You’re out of context: Peter said REPENT and be baptized to get the gift of the Holy Spirit- the Holy Spirit gift is promised, not to infants, but to our children- and the context is, whenever they are old enough TO REPENT and be baptized, they too will receive the gift.

Which goes right back to the fact that infants can’t soeak, think, or repent - besides having nothing to REPENT OF yet.

In case you don’t know it, the jailer asked how to be saved, and they answered BELIEVE on the Lord Jesus, and you’ll be saved, and your house - not believe and be baptized.

Acts 16 says not one word about baptism FOR salvation, or that the jailers household includes any children at all, especially infants - but if they had any children, they would have to be old enough to BELIEVE to be saved - which still excludes non thinking, non speaking, non believing infants.

The baptism there followed belief unto salvation, and wasn’t called by Paul a part of their being saved by faith.

Curtis

Apr 6, 2021
KC
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Baptism of infants?

Catechism Lk 1:4

Confirmation Matt 17:27 Lk 22:32 acts 8:14-17

Title of pope Isa 22:21-22

The Eucharist: (holy communion)
Mt 26:26-39 Jn 6:51-58 1 Cor 11:23-25

Confession of sins:
Jn 20:23 / 1 Jn 1:9 / 2 cor 5:18

Rosary is simply the meditation on the 15 sections of the gospel
Phil 4:8
Especially the passion and death of blessed our savior
Shrine to Mary is the throne of grace

Blessing from God thru Mary!

All graces come to us they Mary, from God by the merits (blood) of Christ!
Jn 1:16
Of His fullness we have all received, grace for grace!

Elizabeth filled with the Holy Spirit!

Lk 1:41 And it came to pass, that, when Elisabeth heard the salutation of Mary, the babe leaped in her womb; and Elisabeth was filled with the Holy Ghost:

John sanctified in the womb!

Lk 1:15 For he shall be great in the sight of the Lord, and shall drink neither wine nor strong drink; and he shall be filled with the Holy Ghost, even from his mother's womb.

Lk 1:44 For, lo, as soon as the voice of thy salutation sounded in mine ears, the babe leaped in my womb for joy.

Zacharias is filled with the Holy Spirit and prophecy!

Lk 1:67 And his father Zacharias was filled with the Holy Ghost, and prophesied, saying,

The wedding couple have wine and not shame!

Jn 2: 10 And saith unto him, Every man at the beginning doth set forth good wine; and when men have well drunk, then that which is worse: but thou hast kept the good wine until now.

The disciples are supplied with faith, hope, and charity!

11 This beginning of miracles did Jesus in Cana of Galilee, and manifested forth his glory; and his disciples believed on him.

All these blessings from God because of Mary most holy!

Mother of Divine Grace!

Hebrews 4:16
Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need.

The throne of Grace is the throne of Mary the ever Virgin mother of God!

We come boldly to this throne cause Mary is our mother and advocate!

Mary is the storehouse of divine graces!

Lk 1:28
And the angel entered to her, and said, Hail Mary, full of grace; the Lord is with thee; blessed be thou among women.

A good tree!

Matthew 7:18
A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit.

The fruit of the tree of Mary is our salvation! Lk 2:30 Jesus is our salvation!
Lk 1:30 Mary found our salvation!

And basically all thing taught by the apostles is biblical Matt 16:18 18:18 Jn 2:21-23 acts 2:42

As I said, the TERMS catechism, sacraments, Eucharist, confirmation, the rosary, stations of the cross, monstrance, or pope - none of those WORDS used at all, as would be the case if the Roman sect was the be-all and end-all of Christianity, and source of authoritative truth.

Peter didn’t even use a single Roman Catholic sect term/word in his writings.

Reactions: amigo de christo

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Christians have overcome the evil one (1 John 2:13), so Christians cannot lie in the evil one simultaneously to being beyond/overcomed the evil one.

Sure they can! A modern translation makes this easier to understand.

Yes, Christians have overcome the evil one but remain in his domain, this fallen world.

Reggie Belafonte

Mar 16, 2018
Brisbane
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Right, a condition that all do not meet.

It is accurate to say Jesus OFFERS salvation to all. It is inaccurate to say Jesus saves all, period. There are terms and conditions that most do not meet.
One who thinks in terms and conditions only comes from the carnal.

Jesus can save all period. their are only 2 people saved and the lost. one must come to Jesus to be saved in fact.

The Satanist will peddle that the one who rejects Jesus Christ is saved ? or says Lord Lord ? but Jesus never knew them ? so they are not Saved at all. the gift has to be picked up. what about the parable of the sower ?
Can one sow a seed and disregard it or say go and be fed, that's disregarding what is needed. that's like having no involvement in your children and not nurturing them be come worthy of virtue, will a bastard become worthy on his own bat, such is the weeds. or if you plant a garden and pay no regard for such, good luck. or how can one abide in the Vine and not be part of such.

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus can save all period.

Moving the goal posts.

No one is talking about potential but the actual case. If Jesus actually does save everyone, without exception, then universalism is correct doctrine.

People today are so lazy, they don’t want to even take hold of a life preserver when it is offered. And if they do, they want more than equal credit for being the one to save themselves! They want to be worshipped for saving themselves.

brightfame52

Oct 16, 2020
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Matt 1:21

New Testament Testimony is as vital as OT types as to understanding whom Christ died for. I just showed from OT Type, the Ark, that God designed the Salvation of a few People through the Ark which typified Christ. 1 Pet 3:20

Which sometime were disobedient, when once the longsuffering of God waited in the days of Noah, while the ark was a preparing, wherein few, that is, eight souls were saved by water.

Jesus says in General about how many are going to be saved Luke 13:22-24

22 And he went through the cities and villages, teaching, and journeying toward Jerusalem.

23 Then said one unto him, Lord, are there few that be saved? And he said unto them,

24 Strive to enter in at the strait gate: for many, I say unto you, will seek to enter in, and shall not be able.

Now notice how Matthew writes this response of Christ Matt 7:13-14

13 Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat:

14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.

Christ knew the extent of those He would be saving. In Looking at the New Testament we see no less than in the types of the Old, a specific design and purpose declared in the birth and death of Christ. The Angel declares to Joseph Matt 1:21

21 And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name JESUS: for he shall save his people from their sins.

Here is a special purpose announced in regards to Christ coming into the world, namely that He should be manifested as a Saviour; For He shall save His People from their sins. Here is a special people [ the foreknown Rom 8:29;11:2] the antitype of National Israel, a People He already knew as His, as His Sheep John 10:14,16, that are to be saved, and a special salvation with which they are to be saved, and so there is nothing in these words that warrant us the notion of a general salvation opportunity for all, which is no salvation unless persons make it so by delivering themselves by their own freewill from their sins; But on the contrary, everything is stated to be positive, He shall save His People, and shall save them from their sins [ Because they are sinners], and His name is Jesus or Saviour, because He shall save His special People with a Special Salvation. God told the Antitypical People this Deut 7:6412

For thou art an holy people unto the LORD thy God: the LORD thy God hath chosen thee to be a special people unto himself, above all people that are upon the face of the earth.

These are those Chosen in Christ before the foundation of the world Eph 1:4

4 According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love:

None can be Special to God outside of Christ. Now if we were to take the Angel, the Heavenly Messenger at His word, we would know the extent of Christ death and mission into the world, and who He came to save from their sins. It was a specific people, not everyone without exception !