The Nature of Jesus Christ

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So, you just ignore the starting point identified to have a conversation. Not the conversationalist. Do you see the problem Marks? <sigh>
I think I do see the problem. You can't seem to stop talking about me, as your way to deflect from the things I'm asking you.

I don't recall you answering me. What is the Biblical meaning of death that holds true in every place the word appears in the Bible?

Much love!

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The scriptures are not difficult to grasp as to Who Jesus is. He was Word of God made flesh, sent to do His will. He came in the likeness of sinful flesh. He had to do this in order to condemn sin in the flesh. He came in a created flesh body, and yet He knew no sin.

Romans 8:3
[3]For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh:

2 Corinthians 5:21
[21]For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.

In whom? In Christ.

Below, we further see where it was told to Joseph the nature of the son who would be brought forth.

Matthew 1:20-23
[20]But while he thought on these things, behold, the angel of the Lord appeared unto him in a dream, saying, Joseph, thou son of David, fear not to take unto thee Mary thy wife: for that which is conceived in her is of the Holy Ghost.
[21]And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name JESUS: for he shall save his people from their sins.
[22]Now all this was done, that it might be fulfilled which was spoken of the Lord by the prophet, saying,
[23]Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us.

JESUS.... Savior.
Emmanuel... God with us. We can plainly understand by this that Jesus was/is God.
Conceived by the Holy Spirit (who is the Spirit of God). And no, this was not a sexual encounter. God is Creator. He can create a body in the womb of a virgin! And He did exactly that.

Reactions: Johann and marks

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No. I think you are lying to yourself; your mistake.

You don't hear one thing you don't agree with. It's NOT a conversation but a lecture.

It's kind of funny sad, actually.
You have convinced me that you only want to talk about me now.

Much love!

Reactions: TLHKAJ

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The scriptures are not difficult to grasp as to Who Jesus is. He was Word of God made flesh, sent to do His will. He came in the likeness of sinful flesh. He had to do this in order to condemn sin in the flesh. He came in a created flesh body, and yet He knew no sin.

Romans 8:3
[3]For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh:

2 Corinthians 5:21
[21]For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.

In whom? In Christ.

Below, we further see where it was told to Joseph the nature of the son who would be brought forth.

Matthew 1:20-23
[20]But while he thought on these things, behold, the angel of the Lord appeared unto him in a dream, saying, Joseph, thou son of David, fear not to take unto thee Mary thy wife: for that which is conceived in her is of the Holy Ghost.
[21]And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name JESUS: for he shall save his people from their sins.
[22]Now all this was done, that it might be fulfilled which was spoken of the Lord by the prophet, saying,
[23]Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us.

JESUS.... Savior.
Emmanuel... God with us. We can plainly understand by this that Jesus was/is God.
Conceived by the Holy Spirit (who is the Spirit of God). And no, this was not a sexual encounter. God is Creator. He can create a body in the womb of a virgin! And He did exactly that.
See, we only need to believe the Entire Bible, not only those parts that are convenient to our minds. Yes, He did exactly that.

:)

Much love!

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You don't answer my question

Wrong. I do answer your question, just not the way you want it answered.

I've pointed out your MO many times. You ask me a question I JUST answered.

ME: death <> some form of life
YOU: Are you able to supply a Biblical meaning of "death" that is true everywhere the word appears? I mean, I realize that many will say "Death" means the end of life, but that's shallow, and doesn't really answer the question.

How about if you explain your idea that the definition of death (end of life) is shallow?

And only you seem to be able to ask questions. You don't answer but imply your theology is the answer, somehow. Also, I have no idea how you think your question is relevant to the conversation. It could be asked about every word, are you able to supply a Biblical meaning of "X" that is true everywhere the word appears?

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Wrangler said:

ending with <death = some form of life>
This would actually make a good new starting point.

So, you just ignore the starting point identified to have a conversation. Not the conversationalist. Do you see the problem Marks? <sigh>

I think I do see the problem. You can't seem to stop talking about me, as your way to deflect from the things I'm asking you.

I don't recall you answering me. What is the Biblical meaning of death that holds true in every place the word appears in the Bible?

Much love!

?

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You have convinced me that you only want to talk about me now.
That's wrong.
  1. How about you explain how death <> end of life?
  2. How about you explain how 100% + 100% = 100%?
The reason for your MO is that you cannot explain your basic position.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How about if you explain your idea that the definition of death (end of life) is shallow?

And only you seem to be able to ask questions. You don't answer but imply your theology is the answer, somehow. Also, I have no idea how you think your question is relevant to the conversation. It could be asked about every word, are you able to supply a Biblical meaning of "X" that is true everywhere the word appears?
You are interpreting Scripture using an incorrect definition.

Ephesians 2:1-5 LITV
1) and you being dead (separated from God, or ceased to exist?) in deviations and sins,
2) in which you formerly walked according to the course of this world, according to the ruler of the authority of the air, the spirit now working in the sons of disobedience,
3) among whom we also all conducted ourselves in times past in the lusts of our flesh, doing the things willed of the flesh and of the understanding, and were by nature the children of wrath, even as the rest.
4) But God, being rich in mercy, because of His great love with which He loved us,
5) even we being dead (separated from God, or ceased to exist?) in deviations, He made us alive (restored to relationship with God, or made to exist?) together with Christ (by grace you are being saved),

I'm challenging you concerning how you understand what "death" is.

And it's certainly valid in my opinion at least that we understand the way the Bible uses the words it uses. Wouldn't you agree?

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Bible is not a lexicon. Neither am I. Consult your favorite lexicon to brush up on word meanings.

We all know what death means. Only a trinitarian dualist supposes antonyms are some form of synonym.
I suggest you do a word study through the Bible. The Bible does in fact show the meanings of the words it uses. Maybe you haven't realized that.

Much love!

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you believe that Jesus died? (I do.) Do you believe that God himself died? (I don’t.)

Great post! To avoid the simple brilliance he as to try to force complexity into it.

You are interpreting Scripture using an incorrect definition.

Friend, I do not give definitions. Words are already defined.

Your question has an implied premise that I reject; that there is even something as a Biblical meaning of words (as opposed to those same words used anywhere else). And setting the standard that every use of Word X must be shown to be true everywhere the word appears in the Bible is absurd on its face. How come you don't put that heavy burden on yourself?

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What is the Biblical meaning of death?

Much love!
There is a natural death of the body , ... of which only the body dies , but the SOUL GOES TO THE GLORIOUS LORD WHO has saved it .
There is a second death that cometh after death , NO MAN WOMAN OR CHILD wants to see that death .
THUS as all were dead , so too in CHRIST shall all be made alive . And those shall never die . Only the body will die .
And not even all of us will experience that , FOR JESUS IS NIGH TO COME
and those who are still alive at HIS COMING , KABOOM changed in an instant and flying HOME THEY SURELY WILL BE .
I can hardly imagine how that will feel . I BET JOYOUS . And the dead in CHRIST shall rise
and we shall be caught up together with them unto CHRIST and so shall we ever be WITH HE WHO HAS SAVED US .
NOW What a DAY OF REJOICING THAT WILL BE . But till our last breath or HE COMES
be on gaurd for a nasty delusion is taking many captive by the devil unto its all inclusive lie .
STAND FIRM on the one true gospel of our faith and let none be a partaker of this other false gospel which cannot and will not
save a soul .

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What is the Biblical meaning of death? How can you discuss life and death if you cannot define these words according to how the Bible uses them?

I realize that this may seem a scary proposition, given the FACT that "death is cessation of existence" will not fit. But truth is what sets us free.

Look at every place "death", "dead", those words. Learn the Greek words used. Look at every place they are used, and find the meaning that is true in every place, and then you can know what God means when He speaks of death.

It's not just the humanist perception of death . . . Oh look, not moving, that person is "gone". That doesn't work, and I suspect we all realize that, which is why no one wants to engage this question, and so many posts seem intent on just impugning me. Forget about me. Deal with the question.

Much love!