The New Perspective on Paul

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well I am glad that God brought you to Him in spite of where you started. He has made allowance for each person so that they can come if they are so inclined. No matter where a person was before they came, they still had to start at the bottom.

I remember when I was growing up and I wanted a candy bar [5c] or a soda pop [10c] I would walk around the little town where I lived collecting glass pop bottles. All of them were good for return deposits of 3c for small bottles and 5c for large bottles. It wasn't hard to find plenty of bottles people had thrown away. There were no plastic bottles and the bottling companies really wanted them back to re-use.

Agree.

And yep, pop-bottles, a lucky find for kids looking along the road sides. Not much different today with people scavaging trash bins today....well except for having to climb in some yucky old trash bin..ewe!!

And heck ya, the big 5c bottles, was like finding a treasure!!

God Bless,
Taken

Reactions: amadeus

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
:)

If I had the talent for stand up comedy, growing up poor would give me endless material!

I have several siblings, some as adults are bitter, and sadly carry that "poor me" factor as an excuse for bitterness;
but one sister and I who are very much alike, roll in laughter at reminiscing of being without, making do, making up jobs, like selling our school art-work to neighbors, to earn a few pennies to buy and split a pop-cicle lol

I certainly believe God is disappointed in many things here on earth, but I think also He laughs at some things.

Amen. Praise and Glory to God.

God Bless,
Taken

I totally enjoyed those testimonials of your re growing up.
I fall down on the " not being resentful" as a child. I well remember my poor old mum ( England after WW2) we had nothing...rationing was still on.
She made me a pale grey and white pleated skirt. She thought it was wonderful .
I did too..it look grey, but when I swirled around the white stripes showed too. I was so pleased, I didn't ever have anything bought from a shop...so I was happy enough until she added..."I made the skirt from your dad pyjamas."
I hated that thing and not sure I wore it again. Poor mum.
She also knitted us thick itchy grey woollen socks.. they were dreadful. I hated going to school for these reasons lol

...H

Reactions: Taken and amadeus

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I totally enjoyed those testimonials of your re growing up.
I fall down on the " not being resentful" as a child. I well remember my poor old mum ( England after WW2) we had nothing...rationing was still on.
She made me a pale grey and white pleated skirt. She thought it was wonderful .
I did too..it look grey, but when I swirled around the white stripes showed too. I was so pleased, I didn't ever have anything bought from a shop...so I was happy enough until she added..."I made the skirt from your dad pyjamas."
I hated that thing and not sure I wore it again. Poor mum.
She also knitted us thick itchy grey woollen socks.. they were dreadful. I hated going to school for these reasons lol

...H

LOL LOL...funny, daddy's Jammie's. Love it!

I liked going to school, because they had Heat in the classrooms!! LoL.

And itchy wool...we had dads old army blankets. I still have one, as when Mom was cleaning out and giving away stuff; I was like....oooh oooh, childhood memories, my baby blanket, I want it!!
LOL.

I remember about 3rd grade the teacher was planning for the kids to make pot holders for Mother's Day. She called us one by one to her desk to help us pick out the loops. She asked so what is your mommy's favorite color.
I said I think it is an icky brown color, because she has an icky brown color coat that she wears every winter! LoL!! The teacher suggested maybe a pretty pink (since there were no brown loops). When I gave it to my Mom, I told her, sorry they didn't have your favorite color like your coat!! Lol.

God Bless,
Taken