The New Testament is Not For Christmas

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

I.O.U

Aug 8, 2021
Brisbane
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
(It really isn't)

1 Timothy 1:3-4
3As I besought thee to abide still at Ephesus, when I went into Macedonia, that thou mightest charge some that they teach no other doctrine, 4Neither give heed to fables and endless genealogies, which minister questions, rather than godly edifying which is in faith

The whole Santa mythology is a fable. Is it not?

1 Corinthians 4:6
6And these things, brethren, I have in a figure transferred to myself and to Apollos for your sakes; that ye might learn in us not to think of men above that which is written, that no one of you be puffed up for one against another.

Where is the day for Christmas as we should follow it written out in the Bible. Where? Really, where is it.

Jesus the Christ
31Therefore take no thought, saying, What shall we eat? or, What shall we drink? or, Wherewithal shall we be clothed? 32(For after all these things do the Gentiles seek for your heavenly Father knoweth that ye have need of all these things.)

Christmas and everything it represents is a festival for food, drink and family.

"For tomorrow we die!"

Last edited:

Lapidem

Jan 30, 2021
DinglyDell
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United Kingdom
Christmas has become an indoctrinated time of the year where people now feel programmed and obliged to behave in a certain way. The beginning of radio stations playing the same old Christmas songs is the psychological trigger to spark off the pre-programmed behavioural responses. Hence people submit to weeks/months of stress and misery working out what presents to buy all their family members, where they will get them from, how they will get them to the recipients and so on. Then there's all teh Christmas cards to be bought, written out and posted. Many also go through the stress of planning and cooking Christmas meals which few really enjoy.

All of this is brainwashed behaviour. People simply feel that HAVE to do it all this stuff because that's how everyone in society behaves.

Monkey see, Monkey Do.

Myself and my wife realised the entrancement involved in all of this and the horrible greedy commercialty of it all that causes so much stress to people (esp the younger ones) who can't really afford to buy all their family members presents.

Some years ago we simply stood up for ourselves and dis-engaged from the whole "Christmas Thing"

So now:

- We do not buy ANYONE at all Christmas presents, not even each other (except very young children)

- We do not buy or send any Christmas cards

- We do not have Christmas dinner, we just enjoy a peaceful stress-less meal at home

- We contribute instead to local support centres in our city that look after the homeless and street people

You would not imagine the immense relief this now affords us at Christmas time.

We don't have to go Christmas shopping at all. We can simply smile at the grid locks of cars queueing to get into shopping centres and at the misery of people hauling bags of gifts around as they all worship the Christmas God under the spell of all the Chrristmas pop hits.

It's one of the best things we have ever done

Once you take a step like this you realise how much else of your life was just brainwashed responses to societal conformity and you can then start ridding yourself of all that too.

Reactions: Aunty Jane

I.O.U

Aug 8, 2021
Brisbane
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
Christmas has become an indoctrinated time of the year where people now feel programmed and obliged to behave in a certain way. The beginning of radio stations playing the same old Christmas songs is the psychological trigger to spark off the pre-programmed behavioural responses. Hence people submit to weeks/months of stress and misery working out what presents to buy all their family members, where they will get them from, how they will get them to the recipients and so on. Then there's all teh Christmas cards to be bought, written out and posted. Many also go through the stress of planning and cooking Christmas meals which few really enjoy.

All of this is brainwashed behaviour. People simply feel that HAVE to do it all this stuff because that's how everyone in society behaves.

Monkey see, Monkey Do.

Myself and my wife realised the entrancement involved in all of this and the horrible greedy commercialty of it all that causes so much stress to people (esp the younger ones) who can't really afford to buy all their family members presents.

Some years ago we simply stood up for ourselves and dis-engaged from the whole "Christmas Thing"

So now:

- We do not buy ANYONE at all Christmas presents, not even each other (except very young children)

- We do not buy or send any Christmas cards

- We do not have Christmas dinner, we just enjoy a peaceful stress-less meal at home

- We contribute instead to local support centres in our city that look after the homeless and street people

You would not imagine the immense relief this now affords us at Christmas time.

We don't have to go Christmas shopping at all. We can simply smile at the grid locks of cars queueing to get into shopping centres and at the misery of people hauling bags of gifts around as they all worship the Christmas God under the spell of all the Chrristmas pop hits.

It's one of the best things we have ever done

Once you take a step like this you realise how much else of your life was just brainwashed responses to societal conformity and you can then start ridding yourself of all that too.
Your reply is much appreciated. I stopped following Christmas around early 2000 after studying and pondering the Old and New Testament book's.