The "News" Media

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Maybe it's the media trying to collapse the US economy?
Righto, so they can be unemployed. Did you know news organizations have been laying people off? They're losing billions of dollars in ad revenues since businesses are not advertising as much. You think the media loves losing that money?

Reactions: theophilus

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Righto, so they can be unemployed. Did you know news organizations have been laying people off? They're losing billions of dollars in ad revenues since businesses are not advertising as much. You think the media loves losing that money?
I seriously doubt that those controlling the media are financially threatened.

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You appear to be out of touch with reality. I think you may need professional help.
One politician recently spent nearly half a billion dollars on a hopeless campaign. Money is power to those who own the media. Do you think they care about a few billion dollars or that "their" employees lose their jobs?

DNB

Dec 8, 2019
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I think he may be someone who doesn't know how to relate to people. With no friends in real life, people sometimes turn to the internet hoping to find friends there; but then they make the same mistakes they make in real life, alienating people who could be their friends.

If someone like that can learn how to behave around other people by joining a forum, it might even help him in real life. So it's an opportunity for us to do him a good turn. I doubt he can learn how to behave, but we can still try. . . at least a little.
Of course, you know that I was being facetious, as far as calling him diabolical was concerned? I do, although, believe that he's completely radical and ludicrous with his views on many things (I've had a few discussions with him).
Is he a social outcast, not sure, are his views quarrelsome and inciting, can be argued.

theophilus

Nov 13, 2012
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No doubt whatsoever. The networks are primarily controlled by wealthy renegade Jewish billionaires, who are in turn controlled by Satan. Lies and liars have become their standard operating procedure, because Satan is the Father of Lies.
What evidence do you have that Jewish billionaires control the networks? Satan hates Jews because they were the people through whom the Messiah came into the world, so he is the source of antiSemitism as well as of lies.

Reactions: Willie T

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You're not qualified to make that assessment, on any level!
And that's your opinion. I suspect that if the media promoted the Mark as something great and necessary that you would jump on board the sinking ship!

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
One politician recently spent nearly half a billion dollars on a hopeless campaign. Money is power to those who own the media. Do you think they care about a few billion dollars or that "their" employees lose their jobs?
How do you know he spent a half a billion dollars? Maybe that was fake news.

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Of course, you know that I was being facetious, as far as calling him diabolical was concerned? I do, although, believe that he's completely radical and ludicrous with his views on many things (I've had a few discussions with him).
Is he a social outcast, not sure, are his views quarrelsome and inciting, can be argued.
I have no way of knowing when people are joking when what they say looks possible. For all I know, maybe he is being controlled by the Dark Side.

Reactions: Eternally Grateful

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
or China?
It looks to me like China is trying.

American banks are in trouble. Banks around the world are. China's banks can't be thriving either but they're backed by the government; and China is obviously trying to draw foreign investors into buying stocks in Chinese banks since they posted higher dividends. Strange indeed that when American banks are reducing dividends, Chinese ones are raising theirs.

May 4, 2020 China keeps dividends flowing as coronavirus crushes payouts globally

Chinese state-backed companies’ have stepped up dividend payouts in sharp contrast to companies in Europe and the US who are hoarding cash to see them through the coronavirus pandemic. This relative largesse has attracted the attention of yield-seeking investors.

Beijing’s long-term push to attract institutional investors is paying dividends this year as many state-owned enterprises (SOEs) maintain, or even raise their payouts, fund managers said.

Even as the world’s second-largest economy suffered its first quarterly contraction since 1992, fund managers said they are snapping up Chinese stocks in the telecoms, banking and energy sectors for their generous dividend payouts.

“Big dividend payers tend to include the largest SOEs, which are often financial firms, energy producers and real estate developers with cyclical profits,” said Catherine Yeung, an investment director at Fidelity International based in Hong Kong.

State-owned China Mobile bumped up its 2019 full-year dividend payment by about 1 per cent year-on-year despite a 9.5 per cent fall in net profits. Among financial stocks, China Merchants Bank, raised its dividend payout to 33 per cent from 30 per cent. Ping An Bank said in its 2019 results announcement that it plans to pay out not less than 40 per cent of its profit in 2020, up from a previously set range of 10-30 per cent. Chinese banks have either state-backed or central bank-backed shareholders.

It seems clear to me that the Chinese government is going into more debt itself in order to draw investors to China and away from the US and Europe.

Reactions: Eternally Grateful