The One Baptism

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Charlie24

Feb 24, 2021
Monroe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If JESUS said DO we do . Peter made sure to have cornelioius water baptized , EVEN after They had been baptized by the HOLY GHOST
and had spoke with tongues . IF THEY DID WE DO .
And if peter never sat on a throne having folks kiss his ring , THEN WHY DO the so called popes .
AS i said IF THEY DID we DO , IF JESUS said TO DO WE DO . And if HE said not to DO WE DO NOT DO .
SO why do many call these self exalted men , MOST HOLY FATHER , OR MOST HOLY REVERAND .
SEE , I KNOW we should be water baptized , i also KNOW we ought NOT TO DO what those in THE CC DO ALSO .
Cant pick and choose . WE EITHER FOLLOW JESUS or we dont . SO while i do agree we ought to be water baptized
i must warn you again , FLEE THE CC and never look back .

This is so important that I may get into trouble saying it, but so be it, the truth is more important.

The RCC is nobody's friend, they are the enemy! Why?

They lead no one to Christ! They separate from Christ as I have shown in my last 2 posts.

The works they perform in water baptism for the believer is made mandatory by them for salvation.

I have plainly shown that faith in that ceremony cancels the Grace of God and that person is not saved!

Reactions: amigo de christo

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is so important that I may get into trouble saying it, but so be it, the truth is more important.

The RCC is nobody's friend, they are the enemy! Why?

They lead no one to Christ! They separate from Christ as I have shown in my last 2 posts.

The works they perform in water baptism for the believer is made mandatory by them for salvation.

I have plainly shown that faith in that ceremony cancels the Grace of God and that person is not saved!
That is but the tip of the ice berg of delusion my friend . Peter , john and others
never had folks to kneel or bow before them . Peter even told cornelious , GET UP i am but a mere man .
SO how come those who sit over the CC have had men kneeling before them and kissing rings
and being called names JESUS would never have supported and in truth HE warned against .
THEY call these men MOST HOLY FATHER , MOST HOLY REVERAND . A title fit for GOD alone.
And that is but the tip of the ice berg . THey pray to saints , to angels , to mary .
They build images and kneel before such images and hold on to beads and such and still that is but the tip of the ice berg .
Now they follow a man named francis , WHO IS no christain at all , and not even a catholic . HE dont worship even the catholic GOD
as he has said himself . YET both the protestants and CC bow before this son of perdition . Not on my watch .
Any man that can exclude the gospel , faith in CHRIST is no man of GOD no matter how much they try and say they are .
Paul , peter , jude , james , john and CHRIST HIMSELF would have rebuked these men and traditions .
IF WE LOVE the peoples , THEN WE WARN the peoples . No matter the cost to us for doing so .

Charlie24

Feb 24, 2021
Monroe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is but the tip of the ice berg of delusion my friend . Peter , john and others
never had folks to kneel or bow before them . Peter even told cornelious , GET UP i am but a mere man .
SO how come those who sit over the CC have had men kneeling before them and kissing rings
and being called names JESUS would never have supported and in truth HE warned against .
THEY call these men MOST HOLY FATHER , MOST HOLY REVERAND . A title fit for GOD alone.
And that is but the tip of the ice berg . THey pray to saints , to angels , to mary .
They build images and kneel before such images and hold on to beads and such and still that is but the tip of the ice berg .
Now they follow a man named francis , WHO IS no christain at all , and not even a catholic . HE dont worship even the catholic GOD
as he has said himself . YET both the protestants and CC bow before this son of perdition . Not on my watch .
Any man that can exclude the gospel , faith in CHRIST is no man of GOD no matter how much they try and say they are .
Paul , peter , jude , james , john and CHRIST HIMSELF would have rebuked these men and traditions .
IF WE LOVE the peoples , THEN WE WARN the peoples . No matter the cost to us for doing so .

It is the tip of the iceberg of delusion, as you said, but their false salvation is the mother of it all!

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is the tip of the iceberg of delusion, as you said, but their false salvation is the mother of it all!
Its led the churches to the idea that now one does not even have to believe in Christ to be saved
so long as they have some love and do good works . THE ULITIMATE DELUSION ALL RIGHT .
and yet before we kick the CC in the mouth , OVER SEVENTY PERCENT of all christains BELIEVE THIS LIE .
My friend rick warren was an agent of darkness as was and is the seeker friendly who let the leaven in
and never corrected . TILL NOW we have THIS DELUISON on our hands .
AND its only gonna get worse . My advice is , YOU , I and anyone else better not be led astray into this error
and delusion of this false love god , WHICH AINT LOVE and IT AINT GOD but rather the dragon .
Satan created the image of this love . HE did so in order to get what he alone has always desired .
THE WORSHIP AS GOD . But this love god wont correct sin , ITS OPEN to all paths , ITS A LIE FROM HELL
AND I dont care who bans me , I AM GONNA WARN OUT against it . PEROID .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The scary thing is when it comes to the acceptance of gay marriage and etc , the CC is in second place on accepting this .
NUMBER ONE GOES TO THE PROTESTANT realm . DONT think the CC is the only decieved place , ITS ALL GOING
in the direction of this we are one unity lie from hell false love god as he merges all to be as one RIGHT UNDER the very beast
THIS DRAGON will hand all power unto . NOW WE GOTTA DO SOMETHING . ENough with this overlooking sins and errors for the sake of unity .
TIME TO CORRECT , OR at least GET OUT OF MY WAY , cause i dont fear men . I love the peoples . so i do warn and will warn .
I do expose and shall expose and point ONLY TO CHRIST .

Charlie24

Feb 24, 2021
Monroe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Its led the churches to the idea that now one does not even have to believe in Christ to be saved
so long as they have some love and do good works . THE ULITIMATE DELUSION ALL RIGHT .
and yet before we kick the CC in the mouth , OVER SEVENTY PERCENT of all christains BELIEVE THIS LIE .
My friend rick warren was an agent of darkness as was and is the seeker friendly who let the leaven in
AND its only gonna get worse . My advice is , YOU , I and anyone else better not be led astray into this error
and delusion of this false love god , WHICH AINT LOVE and IT AINT GOD but rather the dragon .
Satan created the image of this love . HE did so in order to get what he alone has always desired .
THE WORSHIP AS GOD . But this love god wont correct sin , ITS OPEN to all paths , ITS A LIE FROM HELL

The truth if ever I have heard it!

Charlie24

Feb 24, 2021
Monroe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

When Paul was facing death, he said,

2 Tim. 4:5-6
"For I am now ready to be offered, and the time of my departure is at hand.

I have fought a good fight, I have finished my course, I have kept the faith:"

You better keep a firm hold on it, they will take it away if you let them!

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If JESUS said DO we do . Peter made sure to have cornelioius water baptized , EVEN after They had been baptized by the HOLY GHOST
and had spoke with tongues . IF THEY DID WE DO .
And if peter never sat on a throne having folks kiss his ring , THEN WHY DO the so called popes .
AS i said IF THEY DID we DO , IF JESUS said TO DO WE DO . And if HE said not to DO WE DO NOT DO .
SO why do many call these self exalted men , MOST HOLY FATHER , OR MOST HOLY REVERAND .
SEE , I KNOW we should be water baptized , i also KNOW we ought NOT TO DO what those in THE CC DO ALSO .
Cant pick and choose . WE EITHER FOLLOW JESUS or we dont . SO while i do agree we ought to be water baptized
i must warn you again , FLEE THE CC and never look back .
WE agree we ought to be water baptized.

Thank you for the advice.

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Let me show you something, Marymog.

Those under the Law of Moses rejected Christ when He came. They chose not to believe He was the Christ. They chose to keep the Law, in which Christ told them "did not Moses give you the Law, yet none of you have kept it."

They were trying to be obedient, while Christ was trying to show them they were not able to gain salvation by their works of the Law.

Man cannot keep any Law, whether the Law of Moses or any other Law man may make for himself. Water baptism is a manmade Law that must be obeyed by them in order to be saved. But the Scripture tells us plainly we are saved by Grace, not of works or Law keeping. So what happens when man mixes his works of his own making with the Grace of God for salvation?

Romans 4:14
“For if they which are of the law be heirs, faith is made void, and the promise made of none effect:”

Making water baptism necessary for salvation is adding to Grace. You have voided the Grace of God by mixing in the works of water baptism, thereby making it a Law to be saved. What does Paul further say about this?

Rom. 11:5-6
"Even so then at this present time also there is a remnant according to the election of grace.

And if by grace, then is it no more of works: otherwise grace is no more grace. But if it be of works, then it is no more grace: otherwise work is no more work."

Here again Paul tells us that works cancel out Grace. Do you see that being obedient in something for salvation other than God's Grace alone is canceling out the Grace? Do you realize what that means? It means Grace is taken away, there is no possibility of being saved!

This is what you are doing Marymog! You are trying the be obedient in the wrong way! The way that cancels the possibility of being born-again! You are using water baptism in the wrong format to your own destruction!
Will He give you grace if you aren't obedient to him?

If you don't get water baptized, you are not obedient to Him and you are not following His example.

Charlie24

Feb 24, 2021
Monroe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Will He give you grace if you aren't obedient to him?

If you don't get water baptized, you are not obedient to Him and you are not following His example.

We're not talking about if you are water baptized, it's about the purpose of water baptism.

You and I are both water baptized, one sprinkled, and the other by full immersion.

That doesn't matter nearly as much as the purpose!

Your salvation is by faith in Christ, which is Grace, plus the necessity of water baptism.

My salvation is by Grace through faith in Christ alone, plus nothing!

Mine is all Grace, yours is Grace plus the works of a priest to water baptize you in order to be saved.

Do you see the works involved in your salvation? Do you see that Grace has been made void because of it?

Charlie24

Feb 24, 2021
Monroe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We're not talking about if you are water baptized, it's about the purpose of water baptism.

You and I are both water baptized, one sprinkled, and the other by full immersion.

Your salvation is by faith in Christ, which is Grace, plus the necessity of water baptism.

Mine is all Grace, yours is Grace plus the works of a priest to water baptize you in order to be saved.

Do you see the works involved in your salvation? Do you see that Grace has been made void because of it?

Marymog, it's a hard thing to say, and I don't want to be the one who says it, but I have no choice!

The RCC is pretending to be God! They are telling us that man cannot be saved without one of their priests sprinkling you with water.

They are making themselves equal with God in your salvation! The faith in Christ plus one of their priests to baptize.

I'm telling you God rejects this hand over fist, He will not have it!

It's faith alone in the finished work of His Son at Calvary or it's not faith at all.

This is why Paul says, if it is by Grace, it is no more of works, otherwise, Grace is no more Grace.

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Thanks Charlie,

The purpose of water baptism is just what Scripture says its purpose is: be baptized, and wash away your sins,....even baptism doth also now save us So, yes, for us Christians our salvation starts with faith in Christ. We then get baptized, repent, confess with our mouths, do good works etc etc! And by the Grace of God, IF I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race and I have kept the faith and I was obedient to him by doing all he asked me to do till the end, I will be saved! It is his Grace + Faith + Works that save us....Just like Scripture says.

To answer your question: Yes, I see how Scripture says that there are "works involved in (y)our salvation". For you see Charlie, faith without works is dead and man is justified by works and not by faith alone. Being obedient to Him and DOING works (baptism, caring for the poor, professing with your mouth etc etc) are the things that saves us. Grace alone does not save us and Grace is not made void because you do good works....that is a silly statement. Does faith cancel out grace? Your theory makes no sense.

So, are we saved by faith or Grace alone Charlie? Nope!! In Matthew 19:16-19, Jesus said to a rich young man who had asked him what he needed to do to have eternal life and Jesus reminded him these are the things he must DO or not do in obedience to Him:

If you would enter life, keep the commandments… You shall not kill, You shall not commit adultery, you shall not steal, You shall not bear false witness, Honor your father and mother, and, You shall love your neighbor as yourself.

Or, how about Matthew 12:36-37?

I tell you, on the day of judgment men will render account for every careless word they utter; for by your words you will be justified, and by your words you will be condemned.

Scripture supports everything I have said and what The Church teaches. If you think that by the Grace of God you will be saved without being obedient to Him and doing the works he expects of you....then I wish you luck.

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Marymog, it's a hard thing to say, and I don't want to be the one who says it, but I have no choice!

The RCC is pretending to be God! They are telling us that man cannot be saved without one of their priests sprinkling you with water.

They are making themselves equal with God in your salvation! The faith in Christ plus one of their priests to baptize.

I'm telling you God rejects this hand over fist, He will not have it!

It's faith alone in the finished work of His Son at Calvary or it's not faith at all.

This is why Paul says, if it is by Grace, it is no more of works, otherwise, Grace is no more Grace.
Yes, you do have a choice....And you made it!!! :waves:

The Church is not pretending to be God. The Church is what Scripture says it is: it is a rock and the pillar and foundation of truth.

I would also like to address your lie that The Church teaches that man cannot be saved without a priest baptizing you. The Church teaches that anyone can baptize anyone else as long as it is done according to Scripture in the Trinitarian method. I look forward to your retraction.

Mary

Charlie24

Feb 24, 2021
Monroe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thanks Charlie,

The purpose of water baptism is just what Scripture says its purpose is: be baptized, and wash away your sins,....even baptism doth also now save us So, yes, for us Christians our salvation starts with faith in Christ. We then get baptized, repent, confess with our mouths, do good works etc etc! And by the Grace of God, IF I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race and I have kept the faith and I was obedient to him by doing all he asked me to do till the end, I will be saved! It is his Grace + Faith + Works that save us....Just like Scripture says.

To answer your question: Yes, I see how Scripture says that there are "works involved in (y)our salvation". For you see Charlie, faith without works is dead and man is justified by works and not by faith alone. Being obedient to Him and DOING works (baptism, caring for the poor, professing with your mouth etc etc) are the things that saves us. Grace alone does not save us and Grace is not made void because you do good works....that is a silly statement. Does faith cancel out grace? Your theory makes no sense.

So, are we saved by faith or Grace alone Charlie? Nope!! In Matthew 19:16-19, Jesus said to a rich young man who had asked him what he needed to do to have eternal life and Jesus reminded him these are the things he must DO or not do in obedience to Him:

If you would enter life, keep the commandments… You shall not kill, You shall not commit adultery, you shall not steal, You shall not bear false witness, Honor your father and mother, and, You shall love your neighbor as yourself.

Or, how about Matthew 12:36-37?

I tell you, on the day of judgment men will render account for every careless word they utter; for by your words you will be justified, and by your words you will be condemned.

Scripture supports everything I have said and what The Church teaches. If you think that by the Grace of God you will be saved without being obedient to Him and doing the works he expects of you....then I wish you luck.

Thank you Marymog! But I don't need luck, I need Grace. I found that Grace by total faith in the finished work of Christ, and that alone! I obeyed the commandment of water baptism! But I did not make that ceremony a requirement for my salvation.

No work performed by a man can help save me, only faith in the Blood of Christ that washed my sins away the very moment I believed in Him.

Charlie24

Feb 24, 2021
Monroe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, you do have a choice....And you made it!!! :waves:

The Church is not pretending to be God. The Church is what Scripture says it is: it is a rock and the pillar and foundation of truth.

I would also like to address your lie that The Church teaches that man cannot be saved without a priest baptizing you. The Church teaches that anyone can baptize anyone else as long as it is done according to Scripture in the Trinitarian method. I look forward to your retraction.

Mary

The point of that is that Catholics are dependent on a ceremony performed by another man to be saved.

That is not total faith in Christ, that's why that faith is made void!

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The point of that is that Catholics are dependent on a ceremony performed by another man to be saved.

That is not total faith in Christ, that's why that faith is made void!
Nope, faith is not made void when someone does what Christ told them to do (Matthew 28:19) and when we follow His example (Matthew 3:16). Scripture says that "ceremony" (baptism) saves us (1 Peter 3"21) and washes away sin. Faith without works is dead Charlie....Just like Scripture says. Deny it all you want.

Faith alone or grace alone or works alone won't save you. As Scripture clearly points out.....You must have all three.

If you have faith only that Jesus is our Lord and Saviour, will you be saved Charlie?

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank you Marymog! But I don't need luck, I need Grace. I found that Grace by total faith in the finished work of Christ, and that alone! I obeyed the commandment of water baptism! But I did not make that ceremony a requirement for my salvation.

No work performed by a man can help save me, only faith in the Blood of Christ that washed my sins away the very moment I believed in Him.
Soooo is it faith alone or grace alone?

It doesn't matter if YOU made that ceremony (baptism) a requirement for your salvation. YOU don't (Donald) trump Scripture!! The COMMANDMENT to baptize all is not a matter of being YOUR requirement. It is a requirement from God. I find it bizarre that you would say that faith in the blood of Christ washed away your sin when Scripture literally says that baptism washes away your sin. It's like you are pretending that vs is not in Scripture because it doesn't fit what you believe. Read what 1 John 1:7 says Charlie: But if we walk in the light as He is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus Christ His Son cleanses us from all sin. See the AND in there Charlie? See the IF Charlie? It is NOT just the blood of Christ that washes away your sin. The blood of Jesus cleanses us from all sin IF we walk in the light AND we have fellowship with one another Charlie!! What is having fellowship with one another Charlie? A work???????? How to you walk in the light Charlie????

Your "no work performed by man can help save" you statement is silly. You do realize it is not the man or woman who performs the baptism you that saves you? Goodness...I can't do this with you anymore. I don't know who taught you, but you should run from them.

Charlie24

Feb 24, 2021
Monroe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nope, faith is not made void when someone does what Christ told them to do (Matthew 28:19) and when we follow His example (Matthew 3:16). Scripture says that "ceremony" (baptism) saves us (1 Peter 3"21) and washes away sin. Faith without works is dead Charlie....Just like Scripture says. Deny it all you want.

Faith alone or grace alone or works alone won't save you. As Scripture clearly points out.....You must have all three.

If you have faith only that Jesus is our Lord and Saviour, will you be saved Charlie?

I am saved the way Paul told us we are saved, "by grace through faith, and not of yourselves, it is the gift of God, not of works, lest any man should boast.

I don't have anything to boast about concerning my salvation, it's all by the grace of God.

But you do have something to boast about! You participated in a ceremony that was part of your salvation.

So Marymog and the rest of the Catholics can say, I had a part in my salvation, look at me, I let that person baptize me so I can be saved.

My baptism by water was the confession of God that saved me when I was spiritually baptized into Christ the moment I believed.

Charlie24

Feb 24, 2021
Monroe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Soooo is it faith alone or grace alone?

It doesn't matter if YOU made that ceremony (baptism) a requirement for your salvation. YOU don't (Donald) trump Scripture!! The COMMANDMENT to baptize all is not a matter of being YOUR requirement. It is a requirement from God. I find it bizarre that you would say that faith in the blood of Christ washed away your sin when Scripture literally says that baptism washes away your sin. It's like you are pretending that vs is not in Scripture because it doesn't fit what you believe. Read what 1 John 1:7 says Charlie: But if we walk in the light as He is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus Christ His Son cleanses us from all sin. See the AND in there Charlie? See the IF Charlie? It is NOT just the blood of Christ that washes away your sin. The blood of Jesus cleanses us from all sin IF we walk in the light AND we have fellowship with one another Charlie!! What is having fellowship with one another Charlie? A work???????? How to you walk in the light Charlie????

Your "no work performed by man can help save" you statement is silly. You do realize it is not the man or woman who performs the baptism you that saves you? Goodness...I can't do this with you anymore. I don't know who taught you, but you should run from them.

You don't like Trump? Are you better off now or when Trump was in office?