"The only fate is what we make for ourselves." True?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

WaterSong

Nov 9, 2020
Kansas City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Lol, so you're believing what Google tells you?
The Google links are scripture link sources. Which you don't know because you saw Google and presumed you know what it means.
That's like a parable in itself. Good job God.

Um yeah, God's character is unchanging. That does not mean he cannot change his mind. And obviously Jesus did change physically. If humans had no affect on God why would God humble himself and become one?
God in his act of grace decided to offer a new covenant of salvation to humankind. That's why it is said it is not works salvation. Because, as the Bible tells us, we did nothing to deserve it. For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God

WaterSong

Nov 9, 2020
Kansas City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
First, all things are not predestined, so...you misunderstood what is predestined.
No, I read the Bible. You disagree with what the Bible says and refuse to accept when it tells you all things are predestined by God.

Everything else is just your effort to disavow the words of God and interpolate what you prefer to believe, which is not only blasphemy, but is humanist in the effort you're undertaking and that is, to humanize God.
Don't start a thread when you're not mature enough to keep to the scriptures that sustain the subject matter you're not able to accept in God's own words.
We're done here. To continue would be an insult to holy writ.

Renniks

Feb 3, 2020
Pennsylvania
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How did Job's actions affect the spiritual realm?
How did Job change history with his integrity?
Are these serious questions? The whole book is about a spiritual war that Job ultimately won. And we still have his story today. He literally made The book of history. His story has probably effected millions.

Renniks

Feb 3, 2020
Pennsylvania
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, I read the Bible. You disagree with what the Bible says and refuse to accept when it tells you all things are predestined by God.

Everything else is just your effort to disavow the words of God and interpolate what you prefer to believe, which is not only blasphemy, but is humanist in the effort you're undertaking and that is, to humanize God.
Don't start a thread when you're not mature enough to keep to the scriptures that sustain the subject matter you're not able to accept in God's own words.
We're done here. To continue would be an insult to holy writ.
So, you're losing, so you insult and run? Kinda disappointing... Again it doesn't say all things are predestined if you understand the context.

I humanize God? Sir, God humanized himself, you know. I had nothing to do with that.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
This is a quote from the terminator movies. Tell me if it's true or false (preferably by using the Bible) and why you believe as you do.
That statement is false. There are many other factors which enter into the lives and destinies of people.

Reactions: Renniks

Renniks

Feb 3, 2020
Pennsylvania
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Google links are scripture link sources. Which you don't know because you saw Google and presumed you know what it means.
That's like a parable in itself. Good job God.

God in his act of grace decided to offer a new covenant of salvation to humankind. That's why it is said it is not works salvation. Because, as the Bible tells us, we did nothing to deserve it. For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God
Of course we don't deserve it. Of course, it's by grace. Where did I say otherwise?

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God plans are what will ultimately happen and he decides on our future, but Proverbs is written like a guide on how to live your life according to God's will in order to live a better life. We wouldn't need that direction if some things weren't up to us.

I feel like the show Hoarders is a good example of why we have to do things.

Reactions: Renniks