The only question that matters

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ffbruce

Oct 9, 2008
(Jordan;63669)
Because I will not partake the table and the cup from the Devil? Thanks, but no thanks.
That's ridiculous, sorry.

ffbruce

Oct 9, 2008
(tomwebster;63670)
...ff, RE-READ my post: The vast majority of churches that say the teach Bible teach only traditions of man. And traditions of man make void the Word of God.Bigape, In you OP you said, I anticipate you are a "Once-saved, always saved" person. Tell me, if a person is "saved" following you prescription for salvation and worships the antichrist, turning their back on the True Christ, because he/she hasn't been taught the Truth from Scripture what will happen to them? Do not try to tell me that this person wasn't saved in the first place. You say you are "saved," when you worship the antichrist because you haven't heard the Word of God with understanding, what will happen to you?We are living in the end times. The antichrist will come in OUR generation. The vast majority of the Christian Church WILL fail the test because they have been taught a lie.
Ahhhh, so you're one of the guys who has the entire end-times scenario figured out. And everybody but you is wrong. Gotcha.And by the way, the church I'm at does not teach this (as you call it) so-called rapture doctrine.

ffbruce

Oct 9, 2008
(tomwebster;63663)
Before YOU can lecture me on Scripture YOU better learn some Greek!
Wow, pretty testy aren't we? And assuming, regarding what I do or don't know?What would you like to know about the meaning of the Greek word episunagOgE?

ffbruce

Oct 9, 2008
(Christina;63674)
Church is where two or more gather in his name, no building is necessary We are also told there is a famine in the land for the true Word of God Amos 8:11-12God says he hates our traditions which is what is taught in many churches We are victims of fast food religion. Give us the feel good easy stuff. But our churches do not teach us how to study for ourselves or much anything past milk, God says learn the meat. Meat is not tradition of men its Gods Word.
You are making EXTREMELY broad-brush statements that really aren't saying anything.Right now, at "my" church, we are studying verse-by-verse through the Proverbs. Another group is studying verse-by-verse through Exodus, having just finished Genesis. Another class is studying verse-by-verse through Acts. That's meat. It's not traditions of men. But go ahead and think whatever you'd like.
rolleyes.gif

tomwebster

Dec 11, 2006
(ffbruce;63676)
Ahhhh, so you're one of the guys who has the entire end-times scenario figured out. ....
Not true at all. I don't have it "figured out" but I have studied it in great detail, including the Biblical languages, for a number of years with some excellent Scripture teachers
And by the way, the church I'm at does not teach this (as you call it) so-called rapture doctrine.
Well, good if they don't, the majority of Baptist churches I have seen, do. I know the “Independent Fundamental Baptist Church” in my area here does.

ffbruce

Oct 9, 2008
(tomwebster;63679)
Not true at all. I don't have it "figured out" but I have studied it in great detail, including the Biblical languages, for a number of years with some excellent Scripture teachersWell, good if they don't, the majority of Baptist churches I have seen, do. I know the “Independent Fundamental Baptist Church” in my area here does.
I'm not Baptist.

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
(ffbruce;63678)
(Christina;63674)
Church is where two or more gather in his name, no building is necessary We are also told there is a famine in the land for the true Word of God Amos 8:11-12God says he hates our traditions which is what is taught in many churches We are victims of fast food religion. Give us the feel good easy stuff. But our churches do not teach us how to study for ourselves or much anything past milk, God says learn the meat. Meat is not tradition of men its Gods Word.
You are making EXTREMELY broad-brush statements that really aren't saying anything.Right now, at "my" church, we are studying verse-by-verse through the Proverbs. Another group is studying verse-by-verse through Exodus, having just finished Genesis. Another class is studying verse-by-verse through Acts. That's meat. It's not traditions of men. But go ahead and think whatever you'd like.
rolleyes.gif
No, but you can read verse by verse and not actually understand what the real meaning (just by surface of the text) is saying is not meat either, it's milk.

ffbruce

Oct 9, 2008
(Jordan;63682)
No, but you can read verse by verse and not actually understand what the real meaning (just by surface of the text) is saying is not meat either, it's milk.
In this case (as in many others I've seen here) you're wrong.

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
(ffbruce;63683)
(Jordan;63682)
In this case (as in many others I've seen here) you're wrong.Ok, tell me how is it meat, if one does NOT understand what the real meaning is saying? (II Peter 1:20, II Timothy 2:15)

tomwebster

Dec 11, 2006
(ffbruce;63677)
Wow, pretty testy aren't we? And assuming, regarding what I do or don't know?What would you like to know about the meaning of the Greek word episunagOgE?
ἐπισυναγωγή (episunagōgē)a complete collection; specifically a Christian meeting (for worship): - assembling (gathering) together.from: ἐπισυνάγω (episunagō)to collect upon the same place: - gather (together).ἐπί A primary preposition properly meaning superimposition (of time, place, order, etc.), as a relation of distribution [with the genitive case], that is, over, upon, etc.; of rest (with the dative case) at, on, etc.; of direction (with the accusative case) towards, upon, etc.: - about (the times), above, after, against, among, as long as (touching), at, beside, X have charge of, (be-, [where-]) fore, in (a place, as much as, the time of, -to), (because) of, (up-) on (behalf of) over, (by, for) the space of, through (-out), (un-) to (-ward), with. In compounds it retains essentially the same import, at, upon, etc. (literally or figuratively).andσυνάγω (sunagōto) lead together, that is, collect or convene; specifically to entertain (hospitably)Let's take this to the "Deeper Word Studies" and talk about the languages if you want.
smile.gif
Added:Ooops, it was bigape that said he/she attended a Baptist church.

ffbruce

Oct 9, 2008
(Jordan;63684)
Ok, tell me how is it meat, if one does NOT understand what the real meaning is saying? (II Peter 1:20, II Timothy 2:15)
Tell me how you can be so arrogant as to assume that what is being taught, and absorbed, is not understood or not "meat"? Tell me what makes you so arrogant as to assume you can tell me what does and does not happen in the church I'm a part of.Do you realize that everything you are writing is simply validating what I earlier wrote?

ffbruce

Oct 9, 2008
(tomwebster;63685)
ἐπισυναγωγή (episunagōgē)a complete collection; specifically a Christian meeting (for worship): - assembling (gathering) together.from: ἐπισυνάγω (episunagō)to collect upon the same place: - gather (together).ἐπί A primary preposition properly meaning superimposition (of time, place, order, etc.), as a relation of distribution [with the genitive case], that is, over, upon, etc.; of rest (with the dative case) at, on, etc.; of direction (with the accusative case) towards, upon, etc.: - about (the times), above, after, against, among, as long as (touching), at, beside, X have charge of, (be-, [where-]) fore, in (a place, as much as, the time of, -to), (because) of, (up-) on (behalf of) over, (by, for) the space of, through (-out), (un-) to (-ward), with. In compounds it retains essentially the same import, at, upon, etc. (literally or figuratively).andσυνάγω (sunagōto) lead together, that is, collect or convene; specifically to entertain (hospitably)Let's take this to the "Deeper Word Studies" and talk about the languages if you want.
smile.gif
Added:Ooops, it was bigape that said he/she attended a Baptist church.
Yes, it is simple. Hebrews 10:25 is referring to Christians meeting together, at specific times, for the purpose of worship, edification, education and fellowship.That is specifically what happens at churches, across the Globe, on a daily/weekly basis. It is as it is supposed to be, and those who refuse to follow the Word miss out.

tomwebster

Dec 11, 2006
(ffbruce;63688)
...That is specifically what happens at churches, across the Globe, on a daily/weekly basis. It is as it is supposed to be, and those who refuse to follow the Word miss out.
As I have all ready said, I have found very few churches that teach the Word of God and not traditions of man.
Hebrews 10:25 is referring to Christians meeting together, at specific times, for the purpose of worship, edification, education and fellowship..
And it does not mention the word church as a specific building or a number of people that need to be gathered together in order to "meeting together, at specific times, for the purpose of worship, edification, education and fellowship." Nor does it say anything about a specific day on which "worship, edification, education and fellowship" needs to be done to qualify.You can do anything you want, I will continue doing what God has called me to do.

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
(ffbruce;63687)
(Jordan;63684)
Ok, tell me how is it meat, if one does NOT understand what the real meaning is saying? (II Peter 1:20, II Timothy 2:15)
Tell me how you can be so arrogant as to assume that what is being taught, and absorbed, is not understood or not "meat"? Tell me what makes you so arrogant as to assume you can tell me what does and does not happen in the church I'm a part of.Do you realize that everything you are writing is simply validating what I earlier wrote?Arrogant? By listening to the words of people. (I John 4:1, Matthew 7:15, Matthew 7:16-20) and secondly my statement has to do with individuals, not exactly really the church building.

ffbruce

Oct 9, 2008
(tomwebster;63689)
As I have all ready said, I have found very few churches that teach the Word of God and not traditions of man. And it does not mention the word church as a specific building or a number of people that need to be gathered together in order to "meeting together, at specific times, for the purpose of worship, edification, education and fellowship." Nor does it say anything about a specific day on which "worship, edification, education and fellowship" needs to be done to qualify.You can do anything you want, I will continue doing what God has called me to do.
Hebrews 10:25 refers specifically to Christians gathering together, and there is no question that they were NOT playing Scrabble. There's little question that they had continued to do what Christians were doing, evidenced in Acts 2:42-47, 1st Corinthians 11 - 14, and others..

ffbruce

Oct 9, 2008
(Jordan;63690)
Arrogant? By listening to the words of people. (I John 4:1, Matthew 7:15, Matthew 7:16-20) and secondly my statement has to do with individuals, not exactly really the church building.
I want you to specifically name one of these "words of men" or "traditions of men" that the church I am part of is holding to.If you cannot (and I'll promise you you cannot), you need to stop being so arrogant and making such claims.

bigape

May 22, 2008
Hi tomwebsterYou said.........
“If a church teaches the so-called rapture doctrine or the "any moment" doctrine they are leading there people to follow Satan.”
What ever happen, to using Scripture to prove your point......
1 Thessalonians 4:13-18V.13 ¶ But I would not have you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning them which are asleep, that ye sorrow not, even as others which have no hope. V.14 For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so them also which sleep in Jesus will God bring with him. V.15 For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive [and] remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep. V.16 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first: V.17 Then we which are alive [and] remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord. V.18 Wherefore comfort one another with these words.
Now you can try to Greek this passage out of existence if you want to, but it is still in the Bible.

ffbruce

Oct 9, 2008
(tomwebster;63707)
Read it:http://www.christianityboard.com/?page=raptureand read this:http://biblicalrapture.net/I need say no more!
Let me remind you of the words of the apostle Paul, as written in Ephesians 4: "As a prisoner for the Lord, then, I urge you to live a life worthy of the calling you have received. Be completely humble and gentle; be patient, bearing with one another in love. Make every effort to keep the unity of the Spirit through the bond of peace. There is one body and one Spirit—just as you were called to one hope when you were called— one Lord, one faith, one baptism; one God and Father of all, who is over all and through all and in all."We are TOLD that there is ONE BODY.We are COMMANDED to make every effort to keep the unity of the Spirit.Despite that, you are dividing, and making points of contention, over non-essential things: A KJVO approach, and an insistence on one particular end-times view. And you use the harshest and most uncharitable terms, in referring to those who don't share your opinion.The body of Christ is NOT to be divided over non-essentials such as one particular end-times view and/or a translation preference. And it is nothing short of shameful when we do such things.

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
(ffbruce;63713)
(tomwebster;63707)
Read it:http://www.christianityboard.com/?page=raptureand read this:http://biblicalrapture.net/I need say no more!
Let me remind you of the words of the apostle Paul, as written in Ephesians 4: "As a prisoner for the Lord, then, I urge you to live a life worthy of the calling you have received. Be completely humble and gentle; be patient, bearing with one another in love. Make every effort to keep the unity of the Spirit through the bond of peace. There is one body and one Spirit—just as you were called to one hope when you were called— one Lord, one faith, one baptism; one God and Father of all, who is over all and through all and in all."We are TOLD that there is ONE BODY.We are COMMANDED to make every effort to keep the unity of the Spirit.Despite that, you are dividing, and making points of contention, over non-essential things: A KJVO approach, and an insistence on one particular end-times view. And you use the harshest and most uncharitable terms, in referring to those who don't share your opinion.The body of Christ is NOT to be divided over non-essentials such as one particular end-times view and/or a translation preference. And it is nothing short of shameful when we do such things.Well, the fact is there will be divisions whether we like it or not.Luke 12:51 - Suppose ye that I am come to give peace on earth? I tell you, Nay; but rather division: Divisions comes when one highly disagree with God's Words. Not by some man's words. And you love to run your mouth accusing people of a as you call it a KJVO-Only movement. I just think you have a problem with a God-Only Movement. Because it seems and appears to me that God's Words alone is not enough for you and needs some man's interpretation along with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.