The only question that matters

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ffbruce

Oct 9, 2008
(Christina;63780)
Why dont you just tell us your church and denomination and we can make specific for you personally.
Nice try!Now... back up your BLANKET STATEMENTS, or admit that you shouldn't be making them in the first place. :naughty:Here's where we're beginning to get to the heart of the matter. You've made up your minds sans the facts. And now you're all getting upset because somebody is doing to you what you're used to doing to others. I'm simply backing you into a corner.Now... onto these "lies of Satan" please!

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
Oh I can back it up I just did with scripture you are just looking for argumentsYou want me to tell you false teachings in churches in gen are you that blind? You claim your church is right yet are you so ashamed you wont name it.does it teach Rapture, tongues, Mary worship, confession to men, that one is to worship on a certain day, eat certain foods, these are few false teachings out there they are way to many to name and sense you dont want to say what church you attend so we can make specific you just lost any credability to your argument.God clearly says he comes in the book not the church not men

ffbruce

Oct 9, 2008
(Christina;63783)
Oh I can back it up I just did with scripture you are just looking for argumentsYou want me to tell you false teachings in churches in gen are you that blind? You claim your church is right yet are you so ashamed you wont name it.does it teach Rapture, tongues, Mary worship, confession to men, that one is to worship on a certain day, eat certain foods, these are few false teachings out there they are way to many to name and sense you dont want to say what church you attend so we can make specific you just lost any credability to your argument.God clearly says he comes in the book not the church not men
Pssstttt... Your anger is showing. You're clearly accustomed to being an accuser, but are not accustomed to having to give an answer for the accusations you make.And you are DEAD WRONG in your accusation that I'm "ashamed" of the church I belong to. DEAD WRONG. I'm simply not letting you out of the corner you're back into that easily.You're making blanket statements, and condemning churches as "teaching Satan's lies", based on your view of one or two denominations. You (the anti-church folks here) REALLY need to stop doing that!

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
My anger LOL ... Im not at all angry. You ask a 1/2 a question that we have answered but wont give the key Subject of the question you demand we answer. Then accuse us of not answering what you wont devulge. Your are just playing games.God says he comes in the Book THE END.

ffbruce

Oct 9, 2008
(Christina;63787)
My anger LOL ... Im not at all angry. You ask a 1/2 a question that we have answered but wont give the key Subject of the question you demand we answer. Then accuse us of not answering what you wont devulge. Your are just playing games.God says he comes in the Book THE END.
I may be playing games, but my point has been made - and has been repeatedly validated in this thread alone.You anti-church folks really, really need to become educated on what you're condemning before you do the condemning.Now Christina, since everybody else refuses to answer the question, how do you justify ignoring Ephesians 4 (seeking division instead of the unity that is clearly commanded), and Hebrews 10:25 (refusing to assemble as Christians)?I'd also suggest that you might want to knock off bashing the Roman Catholic Church (I'm not Catholic). Your beloved Textus Receptus was compiled by a Catholic Priest. So if that church is, and has always been, teaching the "lies of Satan" you better question the source of your KJV Bible. Get what I'm talkin' about? :eek:

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
Now that's a joke and seems pretty hypocritical you insist we answer your 1/2 question as to false teachings in churches and not just blanket over it I name a few from several Church's to satisfy your insistence and you chide me for thrashing a single church, which I did not do. To my knowledge the Catholic church doesnt teach tongues or Rapture. So your post is just plain hypocritical. And /or Games with no meaning. If I may quote you from another thread:(ffbruce;63284)
jshiii ~Because I'm a pastor, your posts and situation intrigue me. On one hand, it sounds like your brother could be a pretty narrow-minded, self-righteous twit.On the other hand, it sounds like you might be acting like a horny teenager - living it up after a failed marriage.So I don't know. You've only indicated that you feel he's being judgmental toward you, but it's possible that you're doing things he should be concerned about.
No wonder you are playing games ignoring the scripture I give and picking your scripture out of context and saying it means what it does notPerhaps your quote here explains it all you wouldn't want your income affected by folks who decide they dont want your church and think for themselves that do not need you. But prefer to turn to God and his word. Like HE said He comes in the BookI have nothing against church at all if it teaches truth, even think its invaluable to some, but I will never agree that church must be attended to hear God truth You either are concerned about us that dont add to your incomes by attending church, or you were not being honest in your post above. Either one says it all.

HammerStone

Staff member
Feb 12, 2006
South Carolina
prayerforums.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You anti-church folks really, really need to become educated on what you're condemning before you do the condemning.
And I care that you are condemning me because?I'm glad you think so highly of yourself here, but I stick by my Scripture.
wink.gif

tomwebster

Dec 11, 2006
(ffbruce;63789)
I may be playing games, but my point has been made - and has been repeatedly validated in this thread alone.You anti-church folks really, really need to become educated on what you're condemning before you do the condemning.Now Christina, since everybody else refuses to answer the question, how do you justify ignoring Ephesians 4 (seeking division instead of the unity that is clearly commanded), and Hebrews 10:25 (refusing to assemble as Christians)?I'd also suggest that you might want to knock off bashing the Roman Catholic Church (I'm not Catholic). Your beloved Textus Receptus was compiled by a Catholic Priest. So if that church is, and has always been, teaching the "lies of Satan" you better question the source of your KJV Bible. Get what I'm talkin' about? :eek:
ffbruce and bigapeI am just trying to clarify the questions you are asking since they seem to change.
Hebrews 10:25 (refusing to assemble as Christians)
I think here you are saying that the word "assemble" means church, as in a building or is it The Church, as in the Universal Church?"AND
Ephesians 4 (seeking division instead of the unity that is clearly commanded
By this I think you are saying CB is causing division, or are you two causing the division?
Act 2:38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.
I am not sure how you are fitting this passage into your argument, are you trying to say that a church is the only place this can happen? Or ??Are there other questions relating to this thread you are trying to find answers for?Finally, I must say I enjoy the challenge you two are posing

ffbruce

Oct 9, 2008
Tom ~ Hebrews 10:25 is not - and again I repeat what I've said, is NOT - referring to a church building. The building is not the church.The verse is - as I posted earlier - clearly speaking of Christian assembly/gathering. Ephesians 4 refers specifically and explicitly to the divisive spirit displayed by several members here, who have gone to a church or two LOOKING FOR SOMETHING TO BE WRONG. And guess what? They've found it! Acts 2:38 does not relate to this topic. It was brought up as a direct refutation to the claim that baptism and salvation are in no way connected.

ffbruce

Oct 9, 2008
(Christina;63790)
Now that's a joke and seems pretty hypocritical you insist we answer your 1/2 question as to false teachings in churches and not just blanket over it I name a few from several Church's to satisfy your insistence and you chide me for thrashing a single church, which I did not do. To my knowledge the Catholic church doesnt teach tongues or Rapture. So your post is just plain hypocritical. And /or Games with no meaning.
Let me clarify for you, since you seem to simply believe what you want to believe, and claim people say what you want to believe they are saying.I am not asking half-questions. I have repeatedly asked simple, point-blank questions. The problem is that they're questions you don't want to answer.You anti-church folks are making church-bashing blanket statements. And you are using immature, and inflammatory rhetoric such as "teaching lies of Satan."I have repeatedly challenged all of you to specify what these "lies of Satan" actually are. Yet - surprise surprise - you cannot name what these "lies of Satan" actually are.So stop with the immature, inflammatory rhetoric. It is childish, divisive and anti-Scriptural.

ffbruce

Oct 9, 2008
(Christina;63790)
No wonder you are playing games ignoring the scripture I give and picking your scripture out of context and saying it means what it does notPerhaps your quote here explains it all you wouldn't want your income affected by folks who decide they dont want your church and think for themselves that do not need you. But prefer to turn to God and his word. Like HE said He comes in the BookI have nothing against church at all if it teaches truth, even think its invaluable to some, but I will never agree that church must be attended to hear God truth You either are concerned about us that dont add to your incomes by attending church, or you were not being honest in your post above. Either one says it all.
My income? Is that the best you've got?Sorry, but not only is that incredibly childish, it's irrelevant and ignorant. Not only do you not know how much I am paid, you don't know where it comes from. You don't even know if I'm paid by the church I pastor.Again, you've stuck your foot deeply into your mouth.I will also add that there really are people who SHOULD stay away from any local church family, because they have such a divisive and cantankerous spirit that they'd do nothing but cause incredible problems.

ffbruce

Oct 9, 2008
(Swamp Fox;63792)
And I care that you are condemning me because?I'm glad you think so highly of yourself here, but I stick by my Scripture.
wink.gif

Ahhh, you'll stick with Scripture. If you're so gung-ho on sticking with your own narrow interpretation of Scripture, why don't you provide some Scripture to back up your views?Or is the truth of the matter that you just don't like me, and are going out of your way to be needlessly argumentative?

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
I can't help myself, but to say this. All this pointless arguments and perverting God's Words, and perverting MAN's words without knowing and realizing the situation made by [url="http://www.christianityboard.com/member.php?u=3144]ffbruce[/url] is making me cry. That is all I have left to say.
sad.gif
sad.gif
sad.gif

tomwebster

Dec 11, 2006
(ffbruce;63801)
Tom ~ Hebrews 10:25 is not - and again I repeat what I've said, is NOT - referring to a church building. The building is not the church.
OK, we have one point of agreement
The verse is - as I posted earlier - clearly speaking of Christian assembly/gathering.
So, are you saying a small home Bible study counts or doesn't count? I believe it does.And are you saying that an internet assembly/gathering does or doesn't count? I believe it would.
Ephesians 4 refers specifically and explicitly to the divisive spirit displayed by several members here, who have gone to a church or two LOOKING FOR SOMETHING TO BE WRONG. And guess what? They've found it!
So we, the staff of this site are being divisive and you the members/guests that are disagreeing are not the divisive ones?
Acts 2:38 does not relate to this topic. It was brought up as a direct refutation to the claim that baptism and salvation are in no way connected.
I agree that Acts 2:38 does not relate to this topic.So, maybe we are getting closer. ??

ffbruce

Oct 9, 2008
(Swamp Fox;63792)
wink.gif

Haven't you been claiming that you're NOT one of the anti-church folks?So are you, or aren't you?

HammerStone

Staff member
Feb 12, 2006
South Carolina
prayerforums.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Haven't you been claiming that you're NOT one of the anti-church folks?So are you, or aren't you?
Read my posts...or better yet read what I've posted before you ever came around. A good church is a good thing, but not easy to find in all circumstances. This is, obviously, seperate from the church, the body of Christ.You don't have to be "anti-church" or "pro-church." I'm pro teaching God's Word.

ffbruce

Oct 9, 2008
(tomwebster;63807)
OK, we have one point of agreement.That appears to be so, yes.So, are you saying a small home Bible study counts or doesn't count? I believe it does.Do you do what the believers in Acts 2:42-47 did? Do you have elders, who lead spiritually? Do you celebrate communion?And are you saying that an internet assembly/gathering does or doesn't count? I believe it would.An internet forum is a church family? I think not! Everything here shows that, if it is indeed a sort of church family, it is a very dysfunctional church family.So we, the staff of this site are being divisive and you the members/guests that are disagreeing are not the divisive ones?My original comment was a DIRECT response to a member who CLEARLY had gone into a couple churches LOOKING FOR THINGS TO CRITICIZE AND CONDEMN. Now... If that is the spirit of the moderators and staff here - specifically, looking for things about churches to criticize, and looking for reasons to divide - then yes, you are being divisive and are flagrantly disobeying what Paul taught in Ephesians 4.I agree that Acts 2:38 does not relate to this topic.So, maybe we are getting closer. ??That could be. Just don't tell anybody!

ffbruce

Oct 9, 2008
(Swamp Fox;63809)
Read my posts...or better yet read what I've posted before you ever came around. A good church is a good thing, but not easy to find in all circumstances. This is, obviously, seperate from the church, the body of Christ.You don't have to be "anti-church" or "pro-church." I'm pro teaching God's Word.
Ahhh... you're "pro teaching God's Word" but you're just choosing to defend the divisive anti-church folks, despite the fact that their assertions are anti-Scriptural.Does the teaching of God's Word happen in local church families, or not?

Status
Not open for further replies.