The only way to come to know God.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Johnlove

Jul 1, 2014
Wilson, NC
[SIZE=16pt]I believe Paul told us that only God can teach us to know him.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=16pt](1 Corinthians 2:10-13) “These are the very things that God has revealed to us through the Spirit, for the Spirit reaches the depts. Of everything, even the depths of God. After all, the depths of a man can only be known by his own spirit, not by any other man, and in the same way the depths of God can only be known by the Spirit of God.” [/SIZE]
John told us that Christians were given the Holy Spirit to teach him or her.

(1 John 2: 27) “But you have not lost the anointing that he gave you, and you do not need anyone to teach you; the anointing he gave teaches you everything: you are anointed with truth, not with a lie, and as it has taught you, so you must stay in him.”

Reactions: JPPT1974

JPPT1974

Flowers of May
Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 23, 2012
East TN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Through Jesus Christ is the one and only way to heaven!

KingJ

Mar 18, 2011
South Africa
Well 1 Cor 12:3 is just as clear ''Therefore I want you to know that no one who is speaking by the Spirit of God says, "Jesus be cursed," and no one can say, "Jesus is Lord," except by the Holy Spirit''

But, we cannot ignore Jer 17:10 I, the Lord, search the heart, test the mind, Even to give every man according to his ways, According to the fruit of his doings and James 4:8 Draw nigh to God, and he will draw nigh to you. Cleanse your hands, ye sinners; and purify your hearts, ye double minded.

Add it all together and we get this:

1. Draw nigh to God = selfless works James 1:27, approving of Jesus's teachings, hating sin Rom 12:9 and desiring repentance Psalm 51:17.
2. God tests our heart and mind for truth / sincerity.
3. God draws near to us if we pass 2 Cor 13:5.
4. God reveals Himself to us as Jesus.

Johnlove

Jul 1, 2014
Wilson, NC
KingJ said:
Well 1 Cor 12:3 is just as clear ''Therefore I want you to know that no one who is speaking by the Spirit of God says, "Jesus be cursed," and no one can say, "Jesus is Lord," except by the Holy Spirit''

But, we cannot ignore Jer 17:10 I, the Lord, search the heart, test the mind, Even to give every man according to his ways, According to the fruit of his doings and James 4:8 Draw nigh to God, and he will draw nigh to you. Cleanse your hands, ye sinners; and purify your hearts, ye double minded.

Add it all together and we get this:

1. Draw nigh to God = selfless works James 1:27, approving of Jesus's teachings, hating sin Rom 12:9 and desiring repentance Psalm 51:17.
2. God tests our heart and mind for truth / sincerity.
3. God draws near to us if we pass 2 Cor 13:5.
[SIZE=16pt]I wonder if people truly understand that God/Jesus/Holy Spirit/Father actually makes a home, in those who prove they love God by living his Word.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=16pt]Jesus also said he would show himself to those who live his Word?[/SIZE]
[SIZE=16pt]John 14: 23) “Anyone who loves me will keep my word and my Father will love him, and we shall come to him and make a home in him.”[/SIZE]
[SIZE=16pt] (John 14:21) “Anybody who receives my commandments and keeps them will be one who loves me; and anybody who loves me will be loved by My Father, and I shall love him and show myself to him.” [/SIZE]
[SIZE=16pt]I believe that the only way one can keep God’s commandments is for him or her to allow the Holy Spirit/Jesus to totally define their lives.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=16pt]I also believe that one of the most important methods God uses to teach us is by speaking/talking. Jesus said his people would hear his voice.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=16pt]Yes God has other ways to communicate with us, but the only way one can be sure if it is God, is to ask Jesus. [/SIZE]

. God reveals Himself to us as Jesus.

[SIZE=16pt]Jesus has told me he is God, and the bible is his written Word.[/SIZE]