The opposite of fear

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

David H.

Aug 25, 2020
michigan
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The opposite of fear, many would say is courage, I say the opposite of fear is faith. How many of our life decisions are made based on a fear of the unknown? Fear of insecurity? fear of the unforeseeable? Faith is trusting and leaping into things we do not know will turn out as we expect with a trust in the providence of God to carry us through. When was the last time you took a leap of faith rather than a planned out fear based decision? It takes courage to act on faith, the faith of a mustard seed, but what it does is open doors you never expected would open.

Written for those who are in a quandary not knowing which direction to take in their lives. Ask yourself which decision is the one based on fear and which one requires faith? The fear-based decision is easier to make.... but no risk, no reward as they say.

Keturah

Dec 19, 2022
Here
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Evangelist I once heard said, and NEVER forgot this saying......

"FEAR KNOCKED @ THE DOOR,
FAITH ANSWERED,
AND THERE WAS NO ONE THERE" !

I agree .

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The opposite of fear, many would say is courage, I say the opposite of fear is faith. How many of our life decisions are made based on a fear of the unknown? Fear of insecurity? fear of the unforeseeable? Faith is trusting and leaping into things we do not know will turn out as we expect with a trust in the providence of God to carry us through. When was the last time you took a leap of faith rather than a planned out fear based decision? It takes courage to act on faith, the faith of a mustard seed, but what it does is open doors you never expected would open.

Written for those who are in a quandary not knowing which direction to take in their lives. Ask yourself which decision is the one based on fear and which one requires faith? The fear-based decision is easier to make.... but no risk, no reward as they say.
"...but what it does is open doors you never expected would open."
In my own, and recent experience, that very same faith can close doors you wish would have opened too :My2c:
The opposite of fear would IMHO be, "perfect love"? Since it casts out ALL fear. Not that that means
"opposite" exactly it is just what came right to my mind. And yes it sure does take courage we don't even know we can have in Him.
:)