The Order of Salvation

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

rwb

Nov 11, 2022
Branson
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And those that are living by faith are all just people?

I have family that lives by faith. By their lifestyles you would wonder.

YOU and Paul say "Under the New Covenant the law and the commandments have been abolished,

But before hand Jesus said otherwise....

NASB 1995
“Do not think that I came to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I did not come to abolish but to fulfill.

Furthered by

• “For assuredly, I say to you, till heaven and earth pass away, one jot or one tittle will by no means pass from the law till all is fulfilled” (Matthew 5:18). (FYI... NOT ALL HAS BEEN FULFILLED unless you are a preterist.)
  • “Whoever therefore breaks one of the least of these commandments, and teaches men so, shall be called least in the kingdom of heaven; but whoever does and teaches them, he shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven” (verse 19). ( Nothing, NOTHING, about born-again faith and the indwelling of the Holy Spirit that will somehow stop you fro breaking any commandment)

The law still stands... The commandments are in the NT.

So bring on your next talking point.

The Law also shows us it is impossible for mankind to perfectly obey. Yet perfect obedience is required in the Law, for even one transgression will bring death. That's why Christ came to fulfill all that the Law demanded. And also, why believers don't depend on our perfect obedience, but are dependent upon He Who is Perfect, Christ Jesus, our Lord.

rwb

Nov 11, 2022
Branson
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
THEN YOU explain why Jesus was Baptised? Not only baptised but circumsized......

WHY?

To be our example, Christ shows His obedience to fulfill all the Law required. God gave us these ordinances that we might REMEMBER, and look to Christ that we might be perfected through Him, and not our imperfect obedience to the Law, but to His perfect obedience!

rwb

Nov 11, 2022
Branson
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Under the New Covenant the law has been abolished, Ephesians 2:15. Jesus nailed it to his cross, Colossians 2:14.

The Mosiac sacrificial and ceremonial Laws have been abolished. In Christ the moral law of God is written in our hearts, that we might not sin against Him.

Matthew 22:36 (KJV) Master, which is the great commandment in the law?

Matthew 22:37-40 (KJV) Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. This is the first and great commandment. And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.

Hebrews 8:10 (KJV) For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people:

Christ gave Himself an offering for sin, all of our sins find remission through Him.

Hebrews 10:16-18 (KJV) This is the covenant that I will make with them after those days, saith the Lord, I will put my laws into their hearts, and in their minds will I write them; And their sins and iniquities will I remember no more. Now where remission of these is, there is no more offering for sin.

Last edited:

Robert Pate

Aug 6, 2023
Washington
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Mosiac sacrificial and ceremonial Laws have been abolished. In Christ the moral law of God is written in our hearts, that we might sin against Him.

Matthew 22:36 (KJV) Master, which is the great commandment in the law?

Matthew 22:37-40 (KJV) Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. This is the first and great commandment. And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.

Hebrews 8:10 (KJV) For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people:

Christ gave Himself an offering for sin, all of our sins find remission through Him.

Hebrews 10:16-18 (KJV) This is the covenant that I will make with them after those days, saith the Lord, I will put my laws into their hearts, and in their minds will I write them; And their sins and iniquities will I remember no more. Now where remission of these is, there is no more offering for sin.
I like Hebrews 10:16-18. If the Lord will not remember our sins and our iniquities no more, then why should we be concerned about them?

rwb

Nov 11, 2022
Branson
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I like Hebrews 10:16-18. If the Lord will not remember our sins and our iniquities no more, then why should we be concerned about them?

Because sin robs believers of the peace we have with God. Though our sins and iniquities are remembered no more as far as our eternal salvation is concerned, we have to remember that God still chastens us when we sin. That chastening is not pleasant, and in fact could contribute to our physical death.

Last edited:

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I think you can be afforded the credit to figure it out for yourself. When he mocks reading Scripture in context and thinks that has nothing to do with Bible study.
Then explain it to him love, instead of talking in riddles...you make no sense.

All he did was ask you to explain....he’s still waiting.

How does he mock scripture....EXPLAIN?

BlessedPeace

Aug 22, 2023
Bend
akiane.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Then explain it to him love, instead of talking in riddles...you make no sense.

All he did was ask you to explain....he’s still waiting.

How does he mock scripture....EXPLAIN?
Well, since you have no idea what is being discussed,which is why you think my post made no sense, you might want to go back a few pages and find his post. You're interjecting yourself into an issue you are not part of and obviously know nothing about. And while this is a public discussion site,not everything discussed pertains to everyone reading.

Thanks.

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Believing in Jesus is the only thing that is going to save you, John 3:16. Under the New Covenant the law and the commandments have been abolished, Ephesians 2:15. Jesus nailed the law to his cross, Colossians 2:14. This is why the just shall live by faith, Romans 1:17.
You must be Born Again, then we are saved.

Anyone can say they believe in Jesus...saying that in one’s own strength saves no one.

Only God can bring us to Jesus, he draws us to him...I even believe he brings us to believe in his Son...I don’t mean he believes for us....being Born Again comes from God.

It doesn’t come from self.

Spirit gives birth to spirit...is a supernatural act of God....we’re Baptised in the Spirit, he’s in our spirit, leading us and teaching his word, as we grow and mature in the Spirit....God doesn’t recognise those who don’t have his Spirit....they are still in darkness and sin.

I’m still trying to figure out, where you have mocked God....I can’t see it, oh well, everyone has their own opinion.

Ephesians 1
Berean Standard Bible Par ▾
Paul’s Greeting to the Ephesians
(Acts 19:8–12; Revelation 2:1–7)
1Paul, an apostle of Christ Jesus by the will of God,
To the saints in Ephesus,a the faithful in Christ Jesus:
2Grace and peace to you from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.
Spiritual Blessings
(Romans 8:28–34)
3Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us in Christ with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly realms. 4For He chose us in Him before the foundation of the world to be holy and blameless in His presence. In love 5He predestined us for adoption as His sons through Jesus Christ, according to the good pleasure of His will, 6to the praise of His glorious grace, which He has freely given us in the Beloved One.
7In Him we have redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of our trespasses, according to the riches of His grace 8that He lavished on us with all wisdom and understanding. 9And He has made known to us the mystery of His will according to His good pleasure, which He purposed in Christ 10as a plan for the fullness of time, to bring all things in heaven and on earth together in Christ.
11In Him we were also chosen as God’s own, having been predestined according to the plan of Him who works out everything by the counsel of His will, 12in order that we, who were the first to hope in Christ, would be for the praise of His glory.
13And in Him, having heard and believed the word of truth—the gospel of your salvation—you were sealed with the promised Holy Spirit, 14who is the pledge of our inheritance until the redemption of those who are God’s possession, to the praise of His glory.
Spiritual Wisdom
(1 Corinthians 2:6–16)
15For this reason, ever since I heard about your faith in the Lord Jesus and your love for all the saints, 16I have not stopped giving thanks for you, remembering you in my prayers, 17that the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the glorious Father, may give you a spirit of wisdom and revelation in your knowledge of Him.
18I ask that the eyes of your heartb may be enlightened, so that you may know the hope of His calling, the riches of His glorious inheritance in the saints, 19and the surpassing greatness of His power to us who believe. These are in accordance with the working of His mighty strength, 20which He exerted in Christ when He raised Him from the dead and seated Him at His right hand in the heavenly realms, 21far above all rule and authority, power and dominion, and every name that is named, not only in the present age but also in the one to come.
22And God put everything under His feet and made Him head over everything for the church, 23which is His body, the fullness of Him who fills all in all.

Last edited:

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
The Holy Spirit is in the world calling all to come to Christ and be saved. When the Gospel is preached the Holy Spirit is present to convict people of their need to come to Christ and be saved. Many hear the Gospel, but instead of coming to Christ they turn to religion. To reject Christ and his Gospel is to reject Christ and become lost.
Do you honestly believe that God can’t draw those he chooses to be birthed in the Spirit, by his supernatural power.

If God calls a person to Christ, then I can assure it will be done...God does it through the power of his Holy Spirit....anyone who thinks they have power in their own strength, makes me lafff!!

John 3
Berean Standard Bible Par ▾
Jesus and Nicodemus
(Genesis 22:1–10; Romans 5:6–11)
1Now there was a man of the Pharisees named Nicodemus, a leader of the Jews.2He came to Jesus at night and said, “Rabbi, we know that You are a teacher who has come from God. For no one could perform the signs You are doing if God were not with him.”
3Jesus replied, “Truly, truly, I tell you, no one can see the kingdom of God unless he is born again.a
4“How can a man be born when he is old?” Nicodemus asked. “Can he enter his mother’s womb a second time to be born?”
5Jesus answered, “Truly, truly, I tell you, no one can enter the kingdom of God unless he is born of water and the Spirit. 6Flesh is born of flesh, but spirit is born of the Spirit. 7Do not be amazed that I said, ‘Youb must be born again.’ 8The wind blows where it wishes. You hear its sound, but you do not know where it comes from or where it is going. So it is with everyone born of the Spirit.”

Matthew 6:10
Audio Crossref Comment Greek
Verse (Click for Chapter)
New International Version
your kingdom come, your will be done, on earth as it is in heaven.

New Living Translation
May your Kingdom come soon. May your will be done on earth, as it is in heaven.

English Standard Version
Your kingdom come, your will be done, on earth as it is in heaven.

Berean Standard Bible
Your kingdom come, Your will be done, on earth as it is in heaven.

Berean Literal Bible
Your kingdom come. Your will be done as in heaven, so also upon earth

Robert Pate

Aug 6, 2023
Washington
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you honestly believe that God can’t draw those he chooses to be birthed in the Spirit, by his supernatural power.

If God calls a person to Christ, then I can assure it will be done...God does it through the power of his Holy Spirit....anyone who thinks they have power in their own strength, makes me lafff!!

John 3
Berean Standard BiblePar ▾
Jesus and Nicodemus
(Genesis 22:1–10; Romans 5:6–11)
1Now there was a man of the Pharisees named Nicodemus, a leader of the Jews.2He came to Jesus at night and said, “Rabbi, we know that You are a teacher who has come from God. For no one could perform the signs You are doing if God were not with him.”
3Jesus replied, “Truly, truly, I tell you, no one can see the kingdom of God unless he is born again.a
4“How can a man be born when he is old?” Nicodemus asked. “Can he enter his mother’s womb a second time to be born?”
5Jesus answered, “Truly, truly, I tell you, no one can enter the kingdom of God unless he is born of water and the Spirit. 6Flesh is born of flesh, but spirit is born of the Spirit. 7Do not be amazed that I said, ‘Youb must be born again.’ 8The wind blows where it wishes. You hear its sound, but you do not know where it comes from or where it is going. So it is with everyone born of the Spirit.”

Matthew 6:10
Audio Crossref Comment Greek
Verse (Click for Chapter)
New International Version
your kingdom come, your will be done, on earth as it is in heaven.

New Living Translation
May your Kingdom come soon. May your will be done on earth, as it is in heaven.

English Standard Version
Your kingdom come, your will be done, on earth as it is in heaven.

Berean Standard Bible
Your kingdom come, Your will be done, on earth as it is in heaven.

Berean Literal Bible
Your kingdom come. Your will be done as in heaven, so also upon earth
No one is forced to believe in Jesus. If you want to be saved, you will have to call on Christ to save you, Romans 10:13. Salvation is a free will thing.

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
No one is forced to believe in Jesus. If you want to be saved, you will have to call on Christ to save you, Romans 10:13. Salvation is a free will thing.
Who said God forces, I didn’t.

God draws us to Jesus and he brought me to “ believe “ in Jesus, did I say he forced me to believe.NO I didn’t.

If God chooses you out of this world...he will birth you in the Spirit.....” His Way” not your way.

I’ve already posted scripture regarding this.

And you nor I will ever be able to fathom how he births us into Christ.

Can you show me you have the Spirit of Christ in your spirit, of course you can’t no more than I can.

Only God can testify that with our spirit that we are his children.

By the way it’s Born Again then we are saved..we are not saved, not until we are Born Again.

Free will you say........God Word says he also does the choosing.....are we free to be Born Again...does God’s word say that?

Note, Paul an apostle of Christ Jesus, “ BY THE WILL OF GOD”

Ephesians 1
Berean Standard BiblePar ▾
Paul’s Greeting to the Ephesians
(Acts 19:8–12; Revelation 2:1–7)
1Paul, an apostle of Christ Jesus by the will of God,
To the saints in Ephesus,a the faithful in Christ Jesus:
2Grace and peace to you from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.
Spiritual Blessings
(Romans 8:28–34)
3Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us in Christ with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly realms. 4For He chose us in Him before the foundation of the world to be holy and blameless in His presence. In love 5He predestined us for adoption as His sons through Jesus Christ, according to the good pleasure of His will, 6to the praise of His glorious grace, which He has freely given us in the Beloved One.
7In Him we have redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of our trespasses, according to the riches of His grace 8that He lavished on us with all wisdom and understanding. 9And He has made known to us the mystery of His will according to His good pleasure, which He purposed in Christ 10as a plan for the fullness of time, to bring all things in heaven and on earth together in Christ.
11In Him we were also chosen as God’s own, having been predestined according to the plan of Him who works out everything by the counsel of His will, 12in order that we, who were the first to hope in Christ, would be for the praise of His glory.
13And in Him, having heard and believed the word of truth—the gospel of your salvation—you were sealed with the promised Holy Spirit, 14who is the pledge of our inheritance until the redemption of those who are God’s possession, to the praise of His glory.
Spiritual Wisdom
(1 Corinthians 2:6–16)
15For this reason, ever since I heard about your faith in the Lord Jesus and your love for all the saints, 16I have not stopped giving thanks for you, remembering you in my prayers, 17that the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the glorious Father, may give you a spirit of wisdom and revelation in your knowledge of Him.
18I ask that the eyes of your heartb may be enlightened, so that you may know the hope of His calling, the riches of His glorious inheritance in the saints, 19and the surpassing greatness of His power to us who believe. These are in accordance with the working of His mighty strength, 20which He exerted in Christ when He raised Him from the dead and seated Him at His right hand in the heavenly realms, 21far above all rule and authority, power and dominion, and every name that is named, not only in the present age but also in the one to come.
22And God put everything under His feet and made Him head over everything for the church, 23which is His body, the fullness of Him who fills all in all.

Last edited:

BlessedPeace

Aug 22, 2023
Bend
akiane.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
John 6:44
No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him: and I will raise him up at the last day.