The Order of Salvation

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Robert Pate

Aug 6, 2023
Washington
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
John 6:44
No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him: and I will raise him up at the last day.
Like I said before, the Holy Spirit is in the world calling all to come to Christ. Some call upon Jesus to save them, Romans 10:13. Others hear the call but because of pride they go join a church or a religion and try to save themselves by becoming religious.

Robert Pate

Aug 6, 2023
Washington
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Who said God forces, I didn’t.

God draws us to Jesus and he brought me to “ believe “ in Jesus, did I say he forced me to believe.NO I didn’t.

If God chooses you out of this world...he will birth you in the Spirit.....” His Way” not your way.

I’ve already posted scripture regarding this.

And you nor I will ever be able to fathom how he births us into Christ.

Can you show me you have the Spirit of Christ in your spirit, of course you can’t no more than I can.

Only God can testify that with our spirit that we are his children.

By the way it’s Born Again then we are saved..we are not saved, not until we are Born Again.

Free will you say........God Word says he also does the choosing.....are we free to be Born Again...does God’s word say that?

Note, Paul an apostle of Christ Jesus, “ BY THE WILL OF GOD”

Ephesians 1
Berean Standard BiblePar ▾
Paul’s Greeting to the Ephesians
(Acts 19:8–12; Revelation 2:1–7)
1Paul, an apostle of Christ Jesus by the will of God,
To the saints in Ephesus,a the faithful in Christ Jesus:
2Grace and peace to you from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.
Spiritual Blessings
(Romans 8:28–34)
3Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us in Christ with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly realms. 4For He chose us in Him before the foundation of the world to be holy and blameless in His presence. In love 5He predestined us for adoption as His sons through Jesus Christ, according to the good pleasure of His will, 6to the praise of His glorious grace, which He has freely given us in the Beloved One.
7In Him we have redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of our trespasses, according to the riches of His grace 8that He lavished on us with all wisdom and understanding. 9And He has made known to us the mystery of His will according to His good pleasure, which He purposed in Christ 10as a plan for the fullness of time, to bring all things in heaven and on earth together in Christ.
11In Him we were also chosen as God’s own, having been predestined according to the plan of Him who works out everything by the counsel of His will, 12in order that we, who were the first to hope in Christ, would be for the praise of His glory.
13And in Him, having heard and believed the word of truth—the gospel of your salvation—you were sealed with the promised Holy Spirit, 14who is the pledge of our inheritance until the redemption of those who are God’s possession, to the praise of His glory.
Spiritual Wisdom
(1 Corinthians 2:6–16)
15For this reason, ever since I heard about your faith in the Lord Jesus and your love for all the saints, 16I have not stopped giving thanks for you, remembering you in my prayers, 17that the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the glorious Father, may give you a spirit of wisdom and revelation in your knowledge of Him.
18I ask that the eyes of your heartb may be enlightened, so that you may know the hope of His calling, the riches of His glorious inheritance in the saints, 19and the surpassing greatness of His power to us who believe. These are in accordance with the working of His mighty strength, 20which He exerted in Christ when He raised Him from the dead and seated Him at His right hand in the heavenly realms, 21far above all rule and authority, power and dominion, and every name that is named, not only in the present age but also in the one to come.
22And God put everything under His feet and made Him head over everything for the church, 23which is His body, the fullness of Him who fills all in all.
Salvation has ALREADY been provided for everyone, Hebrews 2:9. All that we have to do is receive it.

BlessedPeace

Aug 22, 2023
Bend
akiane.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Like I said before, the Holy Spirit is in the world calling all to come to Christ. Some call upon Jesus to save them, Romans 10:13. Others hear the call but because of pride they go join a church or a religion and try to save themselves by becoming religious.
It's a bold a t of hubris to add to Jesus teachings your own ideas. If Jesus meant to teach your doctrine he would have spoken it himself.

Robert Pate

Aug 6, 2023
Washington
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's a bold a t of hubris to add to Jesus teachings your own ideas. If Jesus meant to teach your doctrine he would have spoken it himself.
The Mosiac law that Jesus taught has been abolished, Ephesians 2:15. Christians are not led by laws, rules or religion, they are led by the Holy Spirit, John 16:13. This is not my idea.

BlessedPeace

Aug 22, 2023
Bend
akiane.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Mosiac law that Jesus taught has been abolished, Ephesians 2:15. Christians are not led by laws, rules or religion, they are led by the Holy Spirit, John 16:13. This is not my idea.
Yes, it is. Because your idea is incorrect.

It was never the laws of Moses. It was the Laws of God. Jesus reiterated the Laws of God in a new language. Then he tells us,if we love him we will keep his commandments. Those are written in our hearts now so that they shall in turn keep us on the path of holiness being we are indwell by the Holy Spirit that is God.Those laws are written on the heart Holy Spirit guards.

We are never separated from God or his laws.

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Salvation has ALREADY been provided for everyone, Hebrews 2:9. All that we have to do is receive it.
Don’t agree...as I posted prove to me, that you can choose to birth yourself in the Spirit?

A Born Again is Born of God...show me in God’s word where they choose to receive the rebirth?..thanks.

You must be Born Again, not saved, a Born Again is saved, they both happen at the same time, ...you don’t seem to be understanding the rebirth?

Your understanding of God’s word is not correct,imo,

Only a Born Again can see the Kingdom of God, they have the new heart and Spirit within...?

Which means what exactly?

Ezekiel 36:26-27 New International Version (NIV)I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit in you; I will remove from you your heart of stone and give you a heart of flesh.
John 1:13
John 3:3 – Jesus Says that Christians Must be Born Again. In the New International Version of the Bible, John 3:3 reads: Jesus replied, “Very truly I tell you, no one can see the kingdom of God unless they are born again.”
Audio Crossref Comment Greek
Verse (Click for Chapter)
New International Version
children born not of natural descent, nor of human decision or a husband’s will, but born of God.

New Living Translation
They are reborn—not with a physical birth resulting from human passion or plan, but a birth that comes from God.

Last edited:

BlessedPeace

Aug 22, 2023
Bend
akiane.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Don’t agree...as I posted prove to me, that you can choose to birth yourself in the Spirit?

A Born Again is Born of God...show me in God’s word where they choose to receive the rebirth?..thanks.

You must be Born Again, not saved, a Born Again is saved, they both happen at the same time, ...you don’t seem to be understanding the rebirth?

Your understanding of God’s word is not correct,imo,
John 1:13
John 3:3 – Jesus Says that Christians Must be Born Again. In the New International Version of the Bible, John 3:3 reads: Jesus replied, “Very truly I tell you, no one can see the kingdom of God unless they are born again.”
Audio Crossref Comment Greek
Verse (Click for Chapter)
New International Version
children born not of natural descent, nor of human decision or a husband’s will, but born of God.

New Living Translation
They are reborn—not with a physical birth resulting from human passion or plan, but a birth that comes from God.
Maybe if @Robert Pate tells us what denomination he is affiliated with it will help to understand his pov.

Reactions: Ritajanice

Robert Pate

Aug 6, 2023
Washington
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, it is. Because your idea is incorrect.

It was never the laws of Moses. It was the Laws of God. Jesus reiterated the Laws of God in a new language. Then he tells us,if we love him we will keep his commandments. Those are written in our hearts now so that they shall in turn keep us on the path of holiness being we are indwell by the Holy Spirit that is God.Those laws are written on the heart Holy Spirit guards.

We are never separated from God or his laws.
Paul said that to be under the law is to be under the curse, Galatians 3:10. The law that is written on our heart is the Holy Spirit who is our teacher and our guide, John 16:13. Paul said that we are not under the law we are under grace. The purpose of the law is to judge and condemn. It does not save or justify, Romans 3:20. You are not on the path to holiness, our holiness is in heaven at the right hand of God.

BlessedPeace

Aug 22, 2023
Bend
akiane.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Paul said that to be under the law is to be under the curse, Galatians 3:10. The law that is written on our heart is the Holy Spirit who is our teacher and our guide, John 16:13. Paul said that we are not under the law we are under grace. The purpose of the law is to judge and condemn. It does not save or justify, Romans 3:20. You are not on the path to holiness, our holiness is in heaven at the right hand of God.
I live by what Jesus said.

Good talk.
May God bless you.

Robert Pate

Aug 6, 2023
Washington
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I live by what Jesus said.

Good talk.
May God bless you.
Jesus taught the Mosiac law. He elevated it and spiritualized it. It is not possible for one that has been born after Adam to keep it. The penalty for not keeping the law is death, spiritual death, "The soul that sins must die" Ezekiel. 18:20.

JBO

Oct 20, 2023
Prescott, AZ
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Catholics and others teach that salvation is the results of repenting. The Bible teaches no such thing. Repentants is a work. We are not saved or justified by works, "This only would I learn of you, did you receive the Spirit by the works of the law (Because you did something) or by the hearing of faith (Hearing and believing the Gospel) Galatians 3:2.
To believe in God, i.e., to have faith in God, is a work (John 6:27-29). It is not a work of Law. There are many things that we do that are not works of law. Being baptized is something we do, in the sense of allowing someone else to do something to us, it is not a work of law. Hearing is something we do, it is a work; it is not a work of law. Repenting is something we do, it is not a work of law. Confessing is something we do, it is not a work of law.

When Paul said that we are saved by faith, not by works, that does not mean that there are no conditions placed upon the one to receive salvation. Jesus said, "Whoever believes and is baptized will be saved" (Mark 16:16). Clearly believing and being baptized are requisite conditions to being saved.

BlessedPeace

Aug 22, 2023
Bend
akiane.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
36 And as they went on their way, they came unto a certain water: and the eunuch said, See, here is water; what doth hinder me to be baptized? 37 And Philip said, If thou believest with all thine heart, thou mayest. And he answered and said, I believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God. Acts 8:36-37 (KJV)

Robert Pate

Aug 6, 2023
Washington
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
To believe in God, i.e., to have faith in God, is a work (John 6:27-29). It is not a work of Law. There are many things that we do that are not works of law. Being baptized is something we do, in the sense of allowing someone else to do something to us, it is not a work of law. Hearing is something we do, it is a work; it is not a work of law. Repenting is something we do, it is not a work of law. Confessing is something we do, it is not a work of law.

When Paul said that we are saved by faith, not by works, that does not mean that there are no conditions placed upon the one to receive salvation. Jesus said, "Whoever believes and is baptized will be saved" (Mark 16:16). Clearly believing and being baptized are requisite conditions to being saved.
I believe that anything that we do is a work. Many are trying to be justified by their works (what they do) Paul said, "Therefore by the deeds of the law (what we do) there shall no flesh be justified in his sight: for by the law (what we do) is the knowledge of sin" Romans 3:20.

The only thing that baptism does for us is it gets us wet.

BlessedPeace

Aug 22, 2023
Bend
akiane.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I believe that anything that we do is a work. Many are trying to be justified by their works (what they do) Paul said, "Therefore by the deeds of the law (what we do) there shall no flesh be justified in his sight: for by the law (what we do) is the knowledge of sin" Romans 3:20.

"The only thing that baptism does for us is it gets us wet."

'Cause Jesus said so.hmmx1:

JBO

Oct 20, 2023
Prescott, AZ
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

That you believe that anything we do is a work is of no consequence whatever and is not important. What is important is what the Bible says. You have inserted your own erroneous thinking into Romans 3:20. The Bible doesn't say that the deeds of the law is what we do. The deeds of the Law are spelled out in the Scriptures. Perhaps you should consider what the Scriptures actually say rather than just insert your own ideas. I can tell you that being baptized for the forgiveness of sins and to receive the gift of the Holy Spirit is not a deed of the Law. If you do not believe me, then I would appreciate your showing us otherwise with book, chapter and verse.

Robert Pate

Aug 6, 2023
Washington
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That you believe that anything we do is a work is of no consequence whatever and is not important. What is important is what the Bible says. You have inserted your own erroneous thinking into Romans 3:20. The Bible doesn't say that the deeds of the law is what we do. The deeds of the Law are spelled out in the Scriptures. Perhaps you should consider what the Scriptures actually say rather than just insert your own ideas. I can tell you that being baptized for the forgiveness of sins and to receive the gift of the Holy Spirit is not a deed of the Law. If you do not believe me, then I would appreciate your showing us otherwise with book, chapter and verse.
You don't have any scripture to refute me, but you want me to use scripture to refute you. Anything that we do is a work of the law. Everything that Jesus did is a work of the Spirit.

Paul said, "This only would I learn of you, did you receive the Spirit by the works of the law (because you did something) or by the hearing of faith? (hearing and believing the Gospel) are you so foolish? having begun in the Spirit, are you now made perfect by the flesh?" Galatians 3:2-3.

Reactions: L.A.M.B.

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
You don't have any scripture to refute me, but you want me to use scripture to refute you. Anything that we do is a work of the law. Everything that Jesus did is a work of the Spirit.

Paul said, "This only would I learn of you, did you receive the Spirit by the works of the law (because you did something) or by the hearing of faith? (hearing and believing the Gospel) are you so foolish? having begun in the Spirit, are you now made perfect by the flesh?" Galatians 3:2-3.
How did you receive the Spirit?

You must be Born Of God?

Being Born Again is being Baptised in the Spirit, which is a “ Living “ Spiritual event that only God can do...prove his word wrong?

Spirit gives birth to spirit?

Just like flesh gives birth to flesh?

Including the rebirth...that is a work of the Spirit...you can’t work for your salvation.

Explain your scripture that you posted above?
.interpret?

Last edited:

Robert Pate

Aug 6, 2023
Washington
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How did you receive the Spirit?

You must be Born Again Of God?

Being Born Again is being Baptised in the Spirit, which is a “ Living “ Spiritual event that only God can do...prove his word wrong?

Spirit gives birth to spirit?

Just like flesh gives birth to flesh?

Including the rebirth...that is a work of the Spirit...you can’t work for your salvation.

Explain your scripture that you posted above?
.interpret?
We are born again by hearing and believing the Gospel. Paul said, "So then faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the word of God (which is the Gospel) Romans 10:17. On the day of Pentecost 8,000 Jews heard Peter's Gospel and were born again by the Holy Spirit, Acts 2:41 also Acts 4:4.

Reactions: L.A.M.B.