The Origins of Islam

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

E

epouraniois

This much is Biblical, Islam traces it's heritage and lineage back to Hagar's boy, Ishmael. This name and the meaning thereof is easily discovered in any concordance. Interestingly, being that the name of God is in the name Ishmael, we do not find Hagar's boy to be named IshmaAl, but IshmaEl. In Hebrew, the word al brings a certain number of usages, the most pronounced being, 'of him', and not normally used of the One Lord.Not only does the NT, but the Old does quickly, state that Hagar would have an inheritance as well. This echoes 1 Genesis, where we have no article, meaning mankind ~Gen 1:27 So God created man in his own image...and, behold, it was very good.Gen 1:31 Now we have after Acts, the inspired apostle writing that what was given to him, as the revelation of the mystery, COMPLETES the Word of God Col 1:25, wherein his Word is plēroō, to complete G4137 ~G4137πληρόωplēroōplay-ro'-oFrom G4134; to make replete, that is, (literally) to cram (a net), level up (a hollow), or (figuratively) to furnish (or imbue, diffuse, influence), satisfy, execute (an office), finish (a period or task), verify (or coincide with a prediction), etc.: - accomplish, X after, (be) complete, end, expire, fill (up), fulfil, (be, make) full (come), fully preach, perfect, supply.Col 1:25 Whereof I am made a minister, according to the dispensation of God which is given to me for you, to fulfill the word of God; Col 1:26 Even the mystery which hath been hid from ages and from generations, but now is made manifest to his saintsWe either believe what the apostle was revealed, or we do not. If we do receive all of God's Word as Holy and without spot or blame, we can now then say, therefore, ANY further revelation so called, must be a counterfeit angelic foe, or a man-made hoax, because there are some things the sovereign God cannot do, and one of these being the fact that He cannot lie.

HammerStone

Staff member
Feb 12, 2006
South Carolina
prayerforums.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Islam denies the divinity of Yeshua no matter how one tries to wriggle around the truth. He is much more than just a prophet and the lie that he is just a man seems to always tie all the pretenders together whether they have followers numbering in the millions or in the thousands. There's nothing narrowminded about it: John 14:6Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me. There's only one way and it's free for everyone to take it or leave it. My soul hurts to know that there are those who will be fooled and those who will deny God, but there's nothing I can do about that if what little seed I present does not germinate. Allah is not YHVH. As believers of Islam confirm, Allah is not Yeshua and Allah is not the Ruach Adonai either. And yes, you're right about the false prophets and false religions. There are many indeed.

E

epouraniois

that really is the problem though, if the Bible said we could buy salvation for 200 million, everyone would be trying to get the cake, but since it is a free gift, man cannot understand. And Satan does require that we think something of ourselves must be added to it. Well, that is just the old man nature being energized into us.Of course, all this pretends that salvation and reward is of no difference. Biblically though, it is the reward which can be won or lost. The finished work of Christ is, well, FINISHED.So for those who take it now, can be quickened even now, for He is the Saviour of ALL men, but especially now for those who believe. 1Ti 4:10 For therefore we both labor and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Savior of all men, especially of those that believe.This, obviously, touches upon those points concerning being renewed day by day, the subject is a contrast (the old man nature and the new man Christ puts on, or works into the heart of the believer), on one side is the walk, or energizing, of the prince of the power of the air, the other being a walk that is worthy of the high calling Paul revealed, and that Paul revealed that even he had to lay aside what was once something to be proud of, namely his Jewishness. So what did not obtain during the Acts, was born forth a new revelation, wherein the Lord made (created) from the twain one new man. So just as during the Acts, those therein that administration of God's outworking were filled with the Holy Spirit for the hope of Israel, in the dispensation of the mystery what obtains is the acknowledgment of what is being worked out now, namely Eph. 3:9-10, built upon the first two chapters, where we were supposed to learn ~Eph 2:1 And you hath he quickened, who were dead in trespasses and sins (parenthetical vv.)Eph 2:5 Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, by (grace ye are saved;) Eph 2:6 And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus

Shingy

Mar 26, 2007
(kriss;8375)
I wasn't being condescending I simply made a statement And sense I am a moderator on this site and you are 15 years old. I would advise you watch your attitude I don't appreciate your uncalled for accusations or your lack of respect.Futher more this is a Christan site we have allowed a few atheists on here like Radio because he is respectful but I don't have to agree with him.He understands that.
You:
This is pretty typical thinking of and atheist...I realize this concept is very hard for you to get.
If you honestly don't think you're being condescending, then it must come natural to yo.u ps, my age doesnt affect my common sense.(MUSTAFAA;8394)
All I can tell you is what I learned as a Muslim… that I was worshiping the same God as Abraham worshiped, as Mosses worshiped and all the prophets of the Old Testament. If Jesus is your God then that’s your chose not mine, but I don’t think that you will ever be able to prove that Islam is something other then from God. And I know you will not be able to prove that christens are the only ones allowed to have a personal relationship with God. This in my point about narrow minded thinking, not the fact that you chose to worship different from the way I do, but that you try to tell me that unless I worship like you then my religion can’t be from God.
I agree! It is such a narrow perspective to think that only Christian's can feel God, but I know Muslims do, too.
People have always killed in the name of God and that’s something that will never stop, the bible teaches us that… what should happen in the last days but what’s happing now. You say Islam is a false religion and kills people in the name of a false God but isn’t that what the bible said would happen in the end… false prophets and false religions?
Well said. It is false prophets and political leaders who use Islam as a tool for their agendas.