The past and future do not exist, the eternal now is all there is.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Romanov2488

Jul 20, 2022
Charlotte
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
I don't know after here where here will be. Two ways this can go. There is either no here here anymore, or there is another here somwhere in another time.
Whether I am here or you are there, we each have a unique experience. We don't share the same here. If that was the case we could read eachothers minds.
I know you like to keep things simple, but this is a very complicated world we live in.
Some rules make sense and others don't.
Nothing about Life is simple. Where does it come from? Does it have a purpose or is it just random?
If it's random why do so many people have it? What does it look like? You can't hold it in your hands.
You can't prevent it's coming or going.
But it is here. Now.
What do you believe these "appearances" are? Like shadows?
How is it that everyone can share the same images of these appearances?
What connects us?
“Here” comes in many forms and manifestations, but here is always here. You know your thoughts and dreams with the same consciousness as mine.

Consciousness connects us, only the contents differ. We are all “aware”. What we are aware of is what differs. Only time I’ll use the word “God” is when I’m referring to that consciousness with which we know. Moreover, that consciousness is the naked “I” devoid of all objective qualities.

Romanov2488

Jul 20, 2022
Charlotte
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Do you sell what you are smoking, or do you just share your pipe dreams online?

Listen up...
Have your parents passed away yet?
On that day, in both cases..... you wont think its an illusion then..as you'll have to deal with what you think is an "illusion". 2x.
And when your TIME comes to stop breathing, it'll be a fact you can't escape, just like God who is waiting for you on the other side.

And regarding einstein...

Have you noticed that you keep getting older?
That is AGE, and AGE proves that TIME exists.
There is one part of me that doesn’t change and that is the consciousness with which I notice change. Everything else is just the play of consciousness, the dream in other words. Consciousness alone is.

I.O.U

Aug 8, 2021
Brisbane
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
These are merely words, not truth, their only purpose is to point to.

When you think about it, the now is God because the now is not a moment in time. Everything that has happened or will happen, takes place in the now. When you make plans for the future, you are making those plans now. The future never comes as “hey I am the future”, it comes as right now. This is why the abrahamic religions, especially Christianity fall in the face of this. There is no heaven to get to because there is no future, same goes for hell. At best heaven and hell are metaphors.

Location-wise, it is always “here”. There is only one consciousness that is just “here-now”. As such, there are no humans, no animals, no buildings, no planets. There is just what is and what is, is beyond all labels and descriptions.
That's quite excellent in thinking term's. Should we live in the now? Or live for the now? What happened yesterday happened now, what could happen tomorrow will also happen now. Alright I know a yesterday exists because I was existing in that now at that now, but that now has passed to this now. So what do I call one now to other?

Romanov2488

Jul 20, 2022
Charlotte
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
You basically shared an article where the author is strawmanning what Einstein said. The author of that article is making a case against a block-like universe. I think time is an illusion, but that doesn’t mean I think that we are in a block-unvierse.

Time is very real-but only real to the ego, which itself is also an illusion. The ego since it’s an illusion, lives in illusion. It perceives everything as being separate because it is itself, separate. These seemingly separate things that come and go, make it seem as if time exists.

But in the broader context, there is no time, no space, no objects, and no others. There is just consciousness.

Romanov2488

Jul 20, 2022
Charlotte
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Appearances and substance. Not the same.

Are you kidding me? The older you get the better you were?
Substances have an appearance, they stand out.

I didn’t say the older I get the better I am. I asked what part of your experience never changes?

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Time is very real-but only real to the ego
No way. We aren’t that important time will match on, with or without us.

Dude, you have totally bizarre ideas of the world. Test your theory on time. Don’t eat. Don’t pay your bills. Don’t go to work. Report back on your new discovery of the reality of time.

Lapidem

Jan 30, 2021
DinglyDell
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United Kingdom
Have you noticed that you keep getting older?
That is AGE, and AGE proves that TIME exists., as you age....over time.

In truth what you say there is just subjective opinion. You actually have no way at all to know whether you are passing through time.
Anything that you THINK or PERCEIVE has happened in the past is nothing but neurons floating in your brain. Memories. Your brain can be loaded with any memories conceivable. Implants. Downloads. You only think ageing exists because you REMEMBER (from your memories) that you used to look younger as did the people you think you know. But it's all just memories. See Total Recall.

Time may exist, or it may not exist. What we think has happened in our pasts may exist or it may be nothing but very complex implanted memories. Indeed it is entirely possible that everything you think is happening all around you right now is not in fact happening at all. Your brain is just being fed an endless stream of memories to crate the illusion of your reality. You really have no way to know.

The more salient matter is that you are trapped. You are in a prison one way or the other. You can't get out of this experience save by doing what we think of as killing ourselves and even then we have no idea what will happen.

What is real and what is not is unfathomable. Life just is. However there is at last within me some kind of innate instinct or genetic knowledge that something is very much not right and this is NOT how I am suppose to be. It's entirely possible that I am not here at all
but instead just plugged into some incredible computer simulation or game that I perhaps volunteered for being totally bored of my other (real?) existence.

None of which really matters in regards to discussions of Christianity. The Christian ideology and message is so fundamentally flawed and ridiculous and completely at odds with the "reality" we think we perceive around us that it's just not worth wasting time and effort on.

Lapidem

Jan 30, 2021
DinglyDell
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United Kingdom
When the sun rises tomorrow, where will we be? From the perspective of today, we will be in the future.

The sun may never have ever risen. That you can't see that possibility is evidence that your thinking is limited. You only think the sun will rise because you think it's happened before but those are just memories in your brain. Those memories might have been implanted / downloaded to your brain mere seconds ago. All you have are your memories. As Romanov rightly said, you can't go back in time to check things out. Your existence is here and your perceptions are all based on the memories in your brain which are akin to DVD films. You have no way to know whether you can trust those memories.

Last edited:

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Are you content with your life?
Phl 4:11
Not that I speak in respect of want: for I have learned, in whatsoever state I am, therewith to be content.
Does this belief give you any comfort knowing there is no sure foundation on which to stand?
If you can not even trust your own memories, how then can you trust that this belief of yours is trustworthy?

The only way you will know is by testing the evidence.
But your own belief will not allow for evidence. It denies even your very existence.

Why are you "Here" ?

Hugs

Lapidem

Jan 30, 2021
DinglyDell
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United Kingdom
Are you content with your life?

Contentedness is relative. It is governed by how much a person is aware of alternative types of life. One might be content eating just bread until one learns of the existence of fruits and vegetables and meats and tastes them for the first time.

“The masses never revolt of their own accord, and they never revolt merely because they are oppressed. Indeed, so long as they are not permitted to have standards of comparison, they never even become aware that they are oppressed.” - George Orwell

If you can not even trust your own memories, how then can you trust that this belief of yours is trustworthy?

I can't, just as no-one else can. We simply don't know. The difference is that I don't assert a given belief or system. Christianity on the other hand does. Unfortunately it is a system of psychological control using well worn, well known psychological techniques to produce behavioural compliance from its victims to the extent that they can't think for themselves or reason critically and are so wracked with guilt they dare not even contemplate the possibility that they may have been duped.

The only way you will know is by testing the evidence.
But your own belief will not allow for evidence. It denies even your very existence.
The evidence all around me confirms that the core Christian message and doctrine is false and flawed and divisive. It reveals to me that it is a system of control like all the others. Sets of narratives which peer pressure and psychological techniques enforce and make difficult for followers to challenge and break away from once entranced by the spell.

Why are you "Here" ?
I don't know that I am here. Neither do you.

Hugs

Last edited:

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Contentedness is relative. It is governed by how much a person is aware of alternative types of life. One might be content eating just bread until one learns of the existence of fruits and vegetables and meats and tastes them for the first time.

“The masses never revolt of their own accord, and they never revolt merely because they are oppressed. Indeed, so long as they are not permitted to have standards of comparison, they never even become aware that they are oppressed.” - George Orwell

I can't, just as no-one else can. We simply don't know. The difference is that I don't assert a given belief or system. Christianity on the other hand does. Unfortunately it is a system of psychological control using well worn, well known psychological techniques to produce behavioural compliance from its victims to the extent that they can't think for themselves or reason critically and are so wracked with guilt they dare not even contemplate the possibility that they may have been duped.

The evidence all around me confirms that the core Christian message and doctrine is false and wicked. It reveals to me that it is a system of control like all the others. Sets of narratives which peer pressure and psychological techniques enforce and make difficult for followers to challenge and break away from once entranced by the spell.

I don't know that I am here. Neither do you.

Hugs
My purpose and my reason for being here is to become like the very essence of the one which created me.
This conscience within this body comes from the one that is consciousness.
This consciousness is life.
If it were not so you would not even have the ability to reason.

I am sorry that you feel you are a disembodied idea with no path and no direction. Lost.

Hugs

Lapidem

Jan 30, 2021
DinglyDell
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United Kingdom
My purpose and my reason for being here is to become like the very essence of the one which created me.
You are made of the very essence that everything in the universe is made of.

If you were created or rather designed, and that's possible, then it's most likely that this was done by one or more designers who are simply more advanced than we are currently. Just as we humans like to design things using everything that nature provides. I guess it's an iterative process. Either way you ARE already part of the whole universe, made of the same universal lego bricks (energy) that is the source of everything. You can't escape it. It's who you are. You've already been many many other things before you ended up in human form. Your purpose and reason for being here is either that this is the current latest iteration of nature's evolution or that some other life form decided to design humans. If the latter then that would explain why our forms are so flawed and fickle and vulnerable are so very far from being perfect. In the end it doesn't really matter. Nothing persists except the universal source energy. You might plant a seed, watch it grow into a tree, chop it down, make planks and build a house with it. But you are achieving nothing in reality. What you make will not persist. It will decompose back down to prima material and nature will rebuild it into something else. This will go on and on and on. You can not escape it. It is who you are. It is what you are.

This conscience within this body comes from the one that is consciousness.
This consciousness is life.
It's an attribute of life. Life is the universal source energy. It pervades everything in some form or another. Consciousness is just those same energies running around, transforming, forming, reforming over and over.

I am sorry that you feel you are a disembodied idea with no path and no direction. Lost.

Hugs

The universe is in a constant state of change and chaos. There can be no "path" or "direction". You're caught in that maelstrom of change as am I. We can not escape it. I accept that. It is what it is.

I am sorry that you can't accept what is real and can only face your existence with the artificial crutch of what is essentially the "let's pretend" mentality we had as children. Afraid. Unable to cope. Chained.

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm not the one pretending.
Thankfully I exist in a time when AI hasn't attached itself to my brain yet.

The universe is in a constant state of change and chaos...

How would you know, your only ever here remember?

And you my friend are the one who is chained to here.
It is easier for you to believe that all is relative without having to take any responsibility for your thoughts or actions.
You are a manaquin. If that's what you want to believe.
You have no choice, no hope, no will.
Nothing. Empty. Lost.

Come back to reality. This life is too short for this kind of ignorance.
You are missing out on so much.

Hugs

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Time is a concept that was taught to you. Even Einstein has said time is an illusion.

Time belongs to the world of ego that thrives on comparison, measurement.

Psychological suffering also cannot exist without time. It needs time.

Time is indeed an illusion, only it is not as you think or have stated it. The "now" belief is merely unfounded philosophy, that is ironically conjecture, that by exercise of expression and definition proves it wrong.

Even you yourself were [before] a babe, but are now [present] of age, and sometime in the [future] you will die...none of which you can [now] disprove or even try to until [now] has past, proving you wrong.

On the contrary, the illusion of Time is a Godly creation, a form of Godly media--"as it is written", revealing through the pages of would-be time "precept upon precept, line upon line, here a little, there a little", all that "is" until the end (of time). After which, all having been previously revealed as an open book to all--what remains is omni-existence with or without God forever and ever.

Reactions: Ziggy

Lapidem

Jan 30, 2021
DinglyDell
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United Kingdom
I beg to differ.

You are the one failing to confront your reality, having to deny your innate rational thinking and reasoning in order to cope with life.
It's easier for you to believe in some ridiculous fantasy because it then makes you feel special and wanted and worthwhile. You have those inherent needs to feel special and wanted because you're afraid to confront reality, which is that you aren't special, you don't matter, just as no-one matters. The universe doesn't "care" about you. It's going to recycle you just as it has already done millions of time.

As Morpheus says in the brilliant file The Matrix:

"You've been living in a dream world"

"It is all around us. It is the world that has been pulled over your eyes to blind you from the truth. A prison for your mind."

Have the courage to contemplate that you may have been duped, that you may be wrong.

Have the honesty to use rational critical thinking.

Stop defending abhorrent actions like the sexual abuse of young children by predators. Stop making excuses for it. Stop pretending that it's just part of some great master plan of God. Stop being part of the problem with human society.

Stop pretending. That's what we did as children.

1 Cor 13
"When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put the ways of childhood behind me"

Lapidem

Jan 30, 2021
DinglyDell
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United Kingdom
Time is indeed an illusion, only it is not as you think or have stated it. The "now" belief is merely unfounded philosophy, that is ironically conjecture, that by exercise of expression and definition proves it wrong.

Even you yourself were [before] a babe, but are now [present] of age, and sometime in the [future] you will die...none of which you can [now] disprove or even try to until [now] has past, proving you wrong.
You hoist yourself by your own petard here.

Your assertion that you were a babe before is equally conjecture. What you refer to is simply the memories in your brain telling you this story. You have no way to know if it is true. You may look at a photograph that you think is you as a child. But how can you be sure it is what you think it is and not just memories planted in your brain? I'm simply playing Devil's Advocate here.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I beg to differ.

You are the one failing to confront your reality, having to deny your innate rational thinking and reasoning in order to cope with life.
It's easier for you to believe in some ridiculous fantasy because it then makes you feel special and wanted and worthwhile. You have those inherent needs to feel special and wanted because you're afraid to confront reality, which is that you aren't special, you don't matter, just as no-one matters. The universe doesn't "care" about you. It's going to recycle you just as it has already done millions of time.

As Morpheus says in the brilliant file The Matrix:

"You've been living in a dream world"
"It is all around us. It is the world that has been pulled over your eyes to blind you from the truth. A prison for your mind."

Have the courage to contemplate that you may have been duped, that you may be wrong.

Have the honesty to use rational critical thinking.

Stop defending abhorrent actions like the sexual abuse of young children by predators. Stop making excuses for it. Stop pretending that it's just part of some great master plan of God. Stop being part of the problem with human society.

Stop pretending. That's what we did as children.

1 Cor 13
"When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put the ways of childhood behind me"
Oh don't beg!

But, no, I have not stated what I "think", but what I know.

You, on the other hand--wow, that's quite a bit of venting! Sad though that you had to project and accuse--so socially abrasive. Rude, actually.