The People Who Actually Try To Say They Have "Seen The Glory of God."

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Who are the "they" you are speaking of? Do you know their names?
All I really have to do is quote one well documented story to cast doubt on your doubting:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news...n-nation-mom-prays-son-back-to-life/22883985/
"He was dead for 45 minutes."

That's what the doctor who treated 14-year-old John Smith said after paramedics rescued the teen who spent 15 minutes submerged in an icy lake.

Dr. Kent Sutterer and his team performed CPR on John for 27 minutes with no success. The question was raised: how long should they continue?

His mother then came into the room and started praying loudly.

What happened next, defies explanation.

"I don't remember what all I said," recalls John's mother, Joyce Smith. "But I remember, 'Holy God, please send your Holy Spirit to save my son. I want my son, please save him,'" she said.

"They hadn't been getting a pulse at that time, so all of a sudden I heard them saying, 'We got a pulse, we got a pulse.'"

His heart restarted.

Reactions: GaryAnderson

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
People in the church.
I witnessed a healing in my church. I was part of a healing and I went in with my wife who was healed. They took a new set of ultrasounds and the damage was gone. The doctor seemed puzzled and said, this sort of damage should not have gone away on its own. I don't understand.

Reactions: GaryAnderson

user

Aug 4, 2019
usa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Or, they are brainwashed into expecting some sort of duplicate experience of an account in Scripture. This is what happens when a "Pentecostal" claims to have experienced "glory from God," but in fact they are unable to duplicate any part of Acts ch. 2. They just imagine they can in "faith." Often it is hidden in churchy sounding jargon.

Do you know what God's "GLORY" is?
Show us God's "GLORY" here in the scripture...

Act 2:1 And when the day of Pentecost was fully come, they were all with one accord in one place.
Act 2:2 And suddenly there came a sound from heaven as of a rushing mighty wind, and it filled all the house where they were sitting.
Act 2:3 And there appeared unto them cloven tongues like as of fire, and it sat upon each of them.
Act 2:4 And they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance.
Act 2:5 And there were dwelling at Jerusalem Jews, devout men, out of every nation under heaven.
Act 2:6 Now when this was noised abroad, the multitude came together, and were confounded, because that every man heard them speak in his own language.
Act 2:7 And they were all amazed and marvelled, saying one to another, Behold, are not all these which speak Galilaeans?
Act 2:8 And how hear we every man in our own tongue, wherein we were born?
Act 2:9 Parthians, and Medes, and Elamites, and the dwellers in Mesopotamia, and in Judaea, and Cappadocia, in Pontus, and Asia,
Act 2:10 Phrygia, and Pamphylia, in Egypt, and in the parts of Libya about Cyrene, and strangers of Rome, Jews and proselytes,
Act 2:11 Cretes and Arabians, we do hear them speak in our tongues the wonderful works of God.

Reactions: dev553344

GaryAnderson

Aug 10, 2021
Massachusetts
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I witnessed a healing in my church. I was part of a healing and I went in with my wife who was healed. They took a new set of ultrasounds and the damage was gone. The doctor seemed puzzled and said, this sort of damage should not have gone away on its own. I don't understand.

There are many testimonies like this but maybe the OP wants to troll.

Reactions: user and dev553344

Jared42

Aug 16, 2021
Oregon
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Did Moses witness the glory of God? Did Elijah Witness the Glory of God? Did Ezekiel see the Glory of God in the temple? Did the Apostles see the Glory of God on the mount of transfiguration? The answer is yes. and there are countless others in scripture and even in the church age who have witnessed the Glory of God.

The Glory of God first of all can be seen by the mind of man when they study the Word of God. His majesty and glory is beyond words and beyond understanding of the mortal human mind and when you realize this When You will be in awe of His omniscience and majesty.

Secondly, the Glory of God can be seen in the fellowship of the saints. When The saints in one accord come together in the unity of the Spirit, the Presence of God is experienced in fulness. This occurs when there are revivals amongst the church and the communities around them. This is the presence of God within a community.

The Glory of God can also be experienced by the individual person, when they are being Used of the LORD to do His will. This can be seen in casting out demons, healing the sick, Prophesying to the Body of Christ, Being able to discern Spirits, Speaking and interpreting tongues, Prayers of the Spirit, Groanings of the Spirit, Etc. In Other words when the gifts of the Spirit manifest in the Body The presence and Glory of God is known.

The final way the Glory of God is seen is via vision. This is the rarest of them all. There are certain commonalities to these visions. for example, How God appeared to Elijah, not as the wind, or the whirlwind, but as a still small voice. Some witness blinding light like Paul did on the Damascus road, some see light and colors enhanced and a change in the creation around them as the Glory of God and his presence manifests in them. Much like The three in the fiery furnace or Daniel in the lions den.

Ultimately though, God will not make his presence known and show his glory to you until you have faith. Faith is the substance of thing hoped for the evidence of thing NOT SEEN. It is not until you have faith that he will make his presence known to you and you will begin to see his glory. Your particular brand of skepticism is counter to this Presence being revealed. I Know this because for many years i believed as you do and was a cessationist being taught that in the fundamentalist Baptist Church i grew up in. It was not until much later that he made His Presence known in a tangible way.

Jared42

Aug 16, 2021
Oregon
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You said above "His magesty and glory is beyond words." Yet, you stated "the Glory of God can be seen by the mind of man when they study the Word of God."

Those two statements are mutually exclusive. How are your English comprehension skills coming along? Speaking false concepts does not honor to God.

GaryAnderson

Aug 10, 2021
Massachusetts
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nope. I am showing how mere words from one's imagination cannot be trusted.

You haven’t answered the question of What your point is, while evading with other questions.
If you don’t want to believe in experiences unexplained by science than just say it and we’re good. There are many people like you who don’t believe so it’s okay.

Jared42

Aug 16, 2021
Oregon
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you know what God's "GLORY" is?
Show us God's "GLORY" here in the scripture...

Act 2:1 And when the day of Pentecost was fully come, they were all with one accord in one place.
Act 2:2 And suddenly there came a sound from heaven as of a rushing mighty wind, and it filled all the house where they were sitting.
Act 2:3 And there appeared unto them cloven tongues like as of fire, and it sat upon each of them.
Act 2:4 And they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance.
Act 2:5 And there were dwelling at Jerusalem Jews, devout men, out of every nation under heaven.
Act 2:6 Now when this was noised abroad, the multitude came together, and were confounded, because that every man heard them speak in his own language.
Act 2:7 And they were all amazed and marvelled, saying one to another, Behold, are not all these which speak Galilaeans?
Act 2:8 And how hear we every man in our own tongue, wherein we were born?
Act 2:9 Parthians, and Medes, and Elamites, and the dwellers in Mesopotamia, and in Judaea, and Cappadocia, in Pontus, and Asia,
Act 2:10 Phrygia, and Pamphylia, in Egypt, and in the parts of Libya about Cyrene, and strangers of Rome, Jews and proselytes,
Act 2:11 Cretes and Arabians, we do hear them speak in our tongues the wonderful works of God.
Yes, Acts ch. 2 gives the accurate record of what happened on that day.

Because you personally talk about and believe what happened in Acts ch. 2, does that mean it also happens in your life?

Jared42

Aug 16, 2021
Oregon
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You haven’t answered the question of What your point is, while evading with other questions.
If you don’t want to believe in experiences unexplained by science than just say it and we’re good. There are many people like you who don’t believe so it’s okay.
What experiences explanationed by science are you referring to?

My point is in the original posting here. Many people claiming to have seen the Glory of God these days are false talkers, because of the two categories of delusion I gave. A prime example are "prophets" whose predictions do not occur. Another prime example are loud mouthed church preachers who do nothing but talk, without demonstrating their words.

David H.

Aug 25, 2020
michigan
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You said above "His magesty and glory is beyond words." Yet, you stated "the Glory of God can be seen by the mind of man when they study the Word of God."

Those two statements are mutually exclusive. How are your English comprehension skills coming along? Speaking false concepts does not honor to God.

No they are not mutually exclusive. I can study the universe and Stars and yet not fully comprehend its infinite size and scope. I can look at the biology of Life with science and also see the creation and its incredible complexity and see the hand of God in that creation.

Jared42

Aug 16, 2021
Oregon
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No they are not mutually exclusive. I can study the universe and Stars and yet not fully comprehend its infinite size and scope. I can look at the biology of Life with science and also see the creation and its incredible complexity and see the hand of God in that creation.

Jared42

Aug 16, 2021
Oregon
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Now you have changed your expression from "the Glory of God can be seen" to how a person "cannot fully comprehend it's infinite size."

Why do you do that? Unable to stick to your original words? This is why people avoid Christians.

user

Aug 4, 2019
usa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, Acts ch. 2 gives the accurate record of what happened on that day.

Because you personally talk about and believe what happened in Acts ch. 2, does that mean it also happens in your life?

You avoided the question.
Here it is again...

Show us the "Glory of God" in the scripture which your OP had listed.

Jared42

Aug 16, 2021
Oregon
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Those who claim to have seen the Glory of God are the ones who are to give the evidence for it.

Jared42

Aug 16, 2021
Oregon
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is YOUR thread. You made a claim and Failed to substantiate that claim.
How have I failed to substantiate what? I have not claimed to have seen the actual Glory of God.

Are you confused here about what you read?

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, these people are around.

When the Apostles and Prophets of Scripture underwent a valid vision, dream, or some sort of first hand experience of God's immediate presence, they made a faithful and accurate witness of what they saw, heard, and felt. And, their experienced served purposes intended by God.

Today, people who claim to have had such an experience of the Glory of God are one of two levels of authenticity:

1.) They are false. That is, they are deluded by a lying spirit, they are willfully fabricating a story, or they are exaggerating something strange they experienced in their mind. They try to call their imagination their "spee-ritt!"

2.) Or, they are brainwashed into expecting some sort of duplicate experience of an account in Scripture. This is what happens when a "Pentecostal" claims to have experienced "glory from God," but in fact they are unable to duplicate any part of Acts ch. 2. They just imagine they can in "faith." Often it is hidden in churchy sounding jargon.

Both of these kinds of claims 1.) and 2.) can be dismissed because the information contained in the accounts serve no material purpose in God's Kingdom. The whole thing is soon forgotten, because it is just a lot of emotional words.
Do you have a source from where your information came from?
What is the evidence of your statement? By evidence I mean something that has proof of what you claim is true.

IMHO....These kind of statements come from people who have neither seen or experienced first hand the power of God in their lives or the life someone they know.