The People Who Actually Try To Say They Have "Seen The Glory of God."

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

user

Aug 4, 2019
usa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How have I failed to substantiate what? I have not claimed to have seen the actual Glory of God.

You claim those have experienced God's "Glory" with the reference to Acts 2, which you failed to show in that scripture.

Further, you also claim the Acts 2 experience is "emotional words" ...

can be dismissed because the information contained in the accounts serve no material purpose in God's Kingdom. The whole thing is soon forgotten, because it is just a lot of emotional words.

Your ignorance is staggering. Let's turn to the first epistle to the Corinthians...

12:28 "And God hath set some in the church, first apostles, secondarily prophets, thirdly teachers, after that miracles, then gifts of healings, helps, governments, diversities of tongues."

Which can be interpreted for the edification of an entire congregation.

Jared42

Aug 16, 2021
Oregon
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You claim those have experienced God's "Glory" with the reference to Acts 2, which you failed to show in that scripture.

Your ignorance is staggering. Let's turn to the first epistle to the Corinthians...

12:28 "And God hath set some in the church, first apostles, secondarily prophets, thirdly teachers, after that miracles, then gifts of healings, helps, governments, diversities of tongues."

Just because Scripture states something exists in the Church does not mean anyone can claim they are actually doing it in their own life.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you have a source from where your information came from?
What is the evidence of your statement? By evidence I mean something that has proof of what you claim is true.

IMHO....These kind of statements come from people who have neither seen or experienced first hand the power of God in their lives or the life someone they know.
Testimonies are considered evidence in a court of law. Witness evidence.

Jared42

Aug 16, 2021
Oregon
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Yes, I agree you are staggering. So are they staggering who call themselves "Pentecostal" who Replicate nothing of the Day of Pentecost in Acts 2. They stagger as they claim to be "slain in the spirit."

Jared42

Aug 16, 2021
Oregon
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Testimonies are considered evidence in a court of law. Witness evidence.
The testimonies in court are then examined for validity. Does the testimony of "Pentecostals" stand up under examination in comparison to Acts ch. 3?

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The testimonies in court are then examined for validity. Does the testimony of "Pentecostals" stand up under examination in comparison to Acts ch. 3?
Witness credibility is assessed and the testimony only discounted if the person is considered to be perjuring. At least that's what I've seen in courts. But you say "are they telling the truth" and doubting everyone regardless of their credibility as an individual.

user

Aug 4, 2019
usa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Just because Scripture states something exists in the Church does not mean anyone can claim they are actually doing it in their own life.

You seem to be one that throws the baby out with the bath water.
IF you follow your flawed reasoning down that path, you come to a dead end which says God is incapable of keeping his church.

user

Aug 4, 2019
usa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, I agree you are staggering. So are they staggering who call themselves "Pentecostal" who Replicate nothing of the Day of Pentecost in Acts 2. They stagger as they claim to be "slain in the spirit."

Try reading Exodus. Pharaoh's magicians were able to reproduce Moses plagues up to a certain point.
You have no faith in the genuine.

Last edited:

Jared42

Aug 16, 2021
Oregon
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Witness credibility is assessed and the testimony only discounted if the person is considered to be perjuring. At least that's what I've seen in courts. But you say "are they telling the truth" and doubting everyone regardless of their credibility as an individual.
If their talk does not match up with their actions, they are lying.

Jared42

Aug 16, 2021
Oregon
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You seem to be one that throws the baby out with the bath water.
IF you follow your flawed reasoning down that path, you come to a dead end which says God is incapable of keeping his church.
I have not said God is incapable of keeping His Church. In fact, God is dishonored by "Pentecostals" who misrepresent Scripture.

Jared42

Aug 16, 2021
Oregon
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Try reading Exodus. Pharaoh's magicians were able to reproduce Moses plagues up to a certain point.
You have no faith in the genuine.
The claims of "anointing" by the "Pentecostals" cannot be shown to be genuine. I used to be a member in an AOG church for ten years. I know what goes on.

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Today, people who claim to have had such an experience of the Glory of God are one of two levels of authenticity:

1.) They are false. That is, they are deluded by a lying spirit, they are willfully fabricating a story, or they are exaggerating something strange they experienced in their mind. They try to call their imagination their "spee-ritt!"

2.) Or, they are brainwashed into expecting some sort of duplicate experience of an account in Scripture. This is what happens when a "Pentecostal" claims to have experienced "glory from God," but in fact they are unable to duplicate any part of Acts ch. 2. They just imagine they can in "faith." Often it is hidden in churchy sounding jargon.
Or 3) they have actually seen the glory of God.

I saw the Holy Spirit fall on a congregation way back when I was a new believer.

Reactions: dev553344

user

Aug 4, 2019
usa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have not said God is incapable of keeping His Church. In fact, God is dishonored by "Pentecostals" who misrepresent Scripture.

So you are the judge of what is genuine and what is fake? And your credentials are the fruit of disbelief and hatred?

Reactions: amadeus

user

Aug 4, 2019
usa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The claims of "anointing" by the "Pentecostals" cannot be shown to be genuine. I used to be a member in an AOG church for ten years. I know what goes on.

WOW you must have a lot of frequent flyer miles to have been to each one around the world.

Curtis

Apr 6, 2021
KC
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, these people are around.

When the Apostles and Prophets of Scripture underwent a valid vision, dream, or some sort of first hand experience of God's immediate presence, they made a faithful and accurate witness of what they saw, heard, and felt. And, their experienced served purposes intended by God.

Today, people who claim to have had such an experience of the Glory of God are one of two levels of authenticity:

1.) They are false. That is, they are deluded by a lying spirit, they are willfully fabricating a story, or they are exaggerating something strange they experienced in their mind. They try to call their imagination their "spee-ritt!"

2.) Or, they are brainwashed into expecting some sort of duplicate experience of an account in Scripture. This is what happens when a "Pentecostal" claims to have experienced "glory from God," but in fact they are unable to duplicate any part of Acts ch. 2. They just imagine they can in "faith." Often it is hidden in churchy sounding jargon.

Both of these kinds of claims 1.) and 2.) can be dismissed because the information contained in the accounts serve no material purpose in God's Kingdom. The whole thing is soon forgotten, because it is just a lot of emotional words.
Then why bother posting on it?