The People Who Actually Try To Say They Have "Seen The Glory of God."

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Jared42

Aug 16, 2021
Oregon
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So you are the judge of what is genuine and what is fake? And your credentials are the fruit of disbelief and hatred?
If the "Pentecostals" say something will happen, or is happening, and it does not, then they are false.

user

Aug 4, 2019
usa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If the "Pentecostals" say something will happen, or is happening, and it does not, then they are false.

I noticed you don't like to give any scripture.
If you own a Bible, you may wish to read about false teachers and prophets entering in among the Church...

Mat_7:15 Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.
Mat_24:11 And many false prophets shall rise, and shall deceive many.
Mat_24:24 For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect.
Mar_13:22 For false Christs and false prophets shall rise, and shall shew signs and wonders, to seduce, if it were possible, even the elect.
2Pe_2:1 But there were false prophets also among the people, even as there shall be false teachers among you, who privily shall bring in damnable heresies, even denying the Lord that bought them, and bring upon themselves swift destruction.

Jared42

Aug 16, 2021
Oregon
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I noticed you don't like to give any scripture.
If you own a Bible, you may wish to read about false teachers and prophets entering in among the Church...

Mat_7:15 Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.
Mat_24:11 And many false prophets shall rise, and shall deceive many.
Mat_24:24 For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect.
Mar_13:22 For false Christs and false prophets shall rise, and shall shew signs and wonders, to seduce, if it were possible, even the elect.
2Pe_2:1 But there were false prophets also among the people, even as there shall be false teachers among you, who privily shall bring in damnable heresies, even denying the Lord that bought them, and bring upon themselves swift destruction.
Yes. There are false teachers, such as the ones in The New Apostolic Reformation, Joel's Army, and Kingdom Now, and Second Rain.

Thanks for bringing this up.

Reactions: amigo de christo

David H.

Aug 25, 2020
michigan
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Now you have changed your expression from "the Glory of God can be seen" to how a person "cannot fully comprehend it's infinite size."

Why do you do that? Unable to stick to your original words? This is why people avoid Christians.

I am using an analogy To illustrate that your point is illogical. You said; "Those two statements are mutually exclusive". I am showing you they are not by giving you a similar illustration of why this is not a logical fallacy. It is you who have a problem with basic English comprehension and and an inability think using common sense.....

Jared42

Aug 16, 2021
Oregon
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am using an analogy To illustrate that your point is illogical. You said; "Those two statements are mutually exclusive". I am showing you they are not by giving you a similar illustration of why this is not a logical fallacy. It is you who have a problem with basic English comprehension and and an inability think using common sense.....
Yes, that is what you thought you did.

How have you seen the Glory of God? Just give a clear and honest testimony of it.

user

Aug 4, 2019
usa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes. There are false teachers, such as the ones in The New Apostolic Reformation, Joel's Army, and Kingdom Now, and Second Rain.

Yes there are false teachers and prophets entered in among the saints, but you wish to kill the saints and condemn everyone.

Reactions: amadeus

David H.

Aug 25, 2020
michigan
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How have you seen the Glory of God?

Yes, in all the examples I gave you in my initial comment here. My Vision of His Glory was similar to Isaiah's when he said: "Then said I, Woe is me! for I am undone; because I am a man of unclean lips, and I dwell in the midst of a people of unclean lips: for mine eyes have seen the King, the LORD of hosts." (Isaiah 6:5) I Knew then how small and insignificant I was, and how far the church has wondered from the truth, He followed it upby calling me to which I responded like Isaiah and said, "here am I send me".....

Reactions: Truman and amadeus

Jared42

Aug 16, 2021
Oregon
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, in all the examples I gave you in my initial comment here. My Vision of His Glory was similar to Isaiah's when he said: "Then said I, Woe is me! for I am undone; because I am a man of unclean lips, and I dwell in the midst of a people of unclean lips: for mine eyes have seen the King, the LORD of hosts." (Isaiah 6:5) I Knew then how small and insignificant I was, and how far the church has wondered from the truth, He followed it upby calling me to which I responded like Isaiah and said, "here am I send me".....
Were you in Heaven?

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

My advice to all that breathes , DO NOT FOLLOW THOSE MOVEMENTS . Deadly dangerous they are .
You just listed some seriously dangerous groups . I would add to the list , but its jus way too many .
Emergent , Big NO NO as well . As is the prosperity hounds , as is the social gospel all inclusive lie .
These are dangerous and deadly times indeed . Deception abounds and worse many churches eat it up like a five course meal .
Folks need to stay planted in those bibles and be learning the things of the LORD .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If a person says they have seen the Glory of God, are they telling the truth? If a person says they are s Prophet, are they to be believed upon their statement?
"And after six days Jesus taketh Peter, James, and John his brother, and bringeth them up into an high mountain apart,
And was transfigured before them: and his face did shine as the sun, and his raiment was white as the light." Matt 17:1-2

Only three of the twelve went with up on the mountain. Do you suppose that the other nine were as full of doubt and negative statements as you?

Where is your faith my friend?

Jared42

Aug 16, 2021
Oregon
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"And after six days Jesus taketh Peter, James, and John his brother, and bringeth them up into an high mountain apart,
And was transfigured before them: and his face did shine as the sun, and his raiment was white as the light." Matt 17:1-2

Only three of the twelve went with up on the mountain. Do you suppose that the other nine were as full of doubt and negative statements as you?

Where is your faith my friend?

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I was at a church service in a warehouse. I had no idea what to expect. What kind of a church was in a warehouse?
I had been searching for God with all my heart for four months. I was trying to find my way back to Him.
I was there because I was told they wouldn't look down on me for having long hair and wearing jeans.
The invitation was given for prayer. I went forward.
As I stood there, a man walked and stopped in front of me. I felt a gentle pressing down on me.
Over the man's right shoulder, golden-yellow rays of light shone. Voices from the rays said things like, "God is holy, God is eternal, God is all-knowing, God could destroy the universe and recreate it in one second, if He wanted to."
Behind the man, I saw what looked like a tall, thin mountain, with fire swirling around it. And, I think, some clouds or smoke.
From up the mountain, higher than I could see, a voice came down and touched the edge of my being. It said, "All things are possible, if one only believes."
From over to my left, something was shot to me. It hit me in the chest. Instantly, my every desire was filled. Then, from the left of the room to the right, I saw a blood-covered rainbow.
Then, on the floor about a dozen feet from me, I saw what looked like a shrub. It appeared to have fire in it. From it came the greatest experience I've ever had. I knew it was my heavenly Father. I felt His unconditional love for me in every molecule of my being. He knew everything about me; there were no secrets. I was having visions from God.
Then I looked at the man in front of me. He reached out his hand, stuck out a finger, traced an imaginary circle a fraction of an inch away from my shirt, and stuck his finger through the hole. An invisible force whacked me, rocking me back on my heals. I managed to stay on my feet. Someone behind me said, "Relax." I did, the process was repeated, and over I went.
After awhile, I opened my eyes and saw people shaking, falling over, screeching, laughing, rolling around on the floor. I tried to get up but couldn't. I finally did. I went to the guy that had given the message and explained to him what I had just experienced.
He said, "I see the glory of God resting on you." I didn't know what that meant. My heart hasn't turned away from God since.
The past 21 years have been very difficult for me due to illness, injury, and isolation. I was abandoned. It doesn't matter what happens to me in this life; my God is in my heart and will never leave me. I'm wondering if I'm in the process of dying. No matter.
This life is a passing breeze. Here and then gone. And then I'll be like Him, and with Him, for eternity. Shalom.

Jared42

Aug 16, 2021
Oregon
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I was at a church service in a warehouse. I had no idea what to expect. What kind of a church was in a warehouse?
I had been searching for God with all my heart for four months. I was trying to find my way back to Him.
I was there because I was told they wouldn't look down on me for having long hair and wearing jeans.
The invitation was given for prayer. I went forward.
As I stood there, a man walked and stopped in front of me. I felt a gentle pressing down on me.
Over the man's right shoulder, golden-yellow rays of light shone. Voices from the rays said things like, "God is holy, God is eternal, God is all-knowing, God could destroy the universe and recreate it in one second, if He wanted to."
Behind the man, I saw what looked like a tall, thin mountain, with fire swirling around it. And, I think, some clouds or smoke.
From up the mountain, higher than I could see, a voice came down and touched the edge of my being. It said, "All things are possible, if one only believes."
From over to my left, something was shot to me. It hit me in the chest. Instantly, my every desire was filled. Then, from the left of the room to the right, I saw a blood-covered rainbow.
Then, on the floor about a dozen feet from me, I saw what looked like a shrub. It appeared to have fire in it. From it came the greatest experience I've ever had. I knew it was my heavenly Father. I felt His unconditional love for me in every molecule of my being. He knew everything about me; there were no secrets. I was having visions from God.
Then I looked at the man in front of me. He reached out his hand, stuck out a finger, traced an imaginary circle a fraction of an inch away from my shirt, and stuck his finger through the hole. An invisible force whacked me, rocking me back on my heals. I managed to stay on my feet. Someone behind me said, "Relax." I did, the process was repeated, and over I went.
After awhile, I opened my eyes and saw people shaking, falling over, screeching, laughing, rolling around on the floor. I tried to get up but couldn't. I finally did. I went to the guy that had given the message and explained to him what I had just experienced.
He said, "I see the glory of God resting on you." I didn't know what that meant. My heart hasn't turned away from God since.
The past 21 years have been very difficult for me due to illness, injury, and isolation. I was abandoned. It doesn't matter what happens to me in this life; my God is in my heart and will never leave me. I'm wondering if I'm in the process of dying. No matter.
This life is a passing breeze. Here and then gone. And then I'll be like Him, and with Him, for eternity. Shalom.
I see the Name and person of Jesus is missing from your account. He is the reality to be attained, not a series of lights and sounds. God speaks only through Jesus.