The People Who Actually Try To Say They Have "Seen The Glory of God."

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Testimonies are considered evidence in a court of law. Witness evidence.
If that is the case that he is sharing his testmony....but the history and birth of the Pentecostal movement came out of the Protestant churches and has evolved to what is today called the Charismatic movement.
Pentecostal movement is not a church but an expression of the Protestant Churches.

Jared42

Aug 16, 2021
Oregon
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"And after six days Jesus taketh Peter, James, and John his brother, and bringeth them up into an high mountain apart,
And was transfigured before them: and his face did shine as the sun, and his raiment was white as the light." Matt 17:1-2

Only three of the twelve went with up on the mountain. Do you suppose that the other nine were as full of doubt and negative statements as you?

Where is your faith my friend?
I certainly have no faith in false doctrines of deliverance and impartation, neither of which are from Scripture. False anointing, material prosperity, seed faith, five fold ministry, building faith, heavenly tongues, speaking things into being, kingdom now, and all that is Godless nonsense.

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I certainly have no faith in false doctrines of deliverance and impartation, neither of which are from Scripture. False anointing, material prosperity, seed faith, five fold ministry, building faith, heavenly tongues, speaking things into being, kingdom now, and all that is Godless nonsense.
Are you a Christian?

Reactions: Truman

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Heart2Soul & @Jared42 you both have me beat. I'm a sinner hoping God will have mercy on me:

Luke 18:9-14

New International Version

The Parable of the Pharisee and the Tax Collector
9 To some who were confident of their own righteousness and looked down on everyone else, Jesus told this parable: 10 “Two men went up to the temple to pray, one a Pharisee and the other a tax collector. 11 The Pharisee stood by himself and prayed: ‘God, I thank you that I am not like other people—robbers, evildoers, adulterers—or even like this tax collector. 12 I fast twice a week and give a tenth of all I get.’

13 “But the tax collector stood at a distance. He would not even look up to heaven, but beat his breast and said, ‘God, have mercy on me, a sinner.’

14 “I tell you that this man, rather than the other, went home justified before God. For all those who exalt themselves will be humbled, and those who humble themselves will be exalted.”

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I see the Name and person of Jesus is missing from your account. He is the reality to be attained, not a series of lights and sounds. God speaks only through Jesus.
You caught me! Drat! Foiled again!
Yeshua Hamashiach, Ruler to the nations.
Yeshua Hamashiach, Warrior to the nations.
Yeshua Hamashiach, Rider through the nations.
Yeshua Hamashiach, Savior of the nations! - by Truman Coates.
For God so loved the world that He gave His one and only Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish, but receive everlasting life! - Look, you don't have to believe that the things I am saying are true. We have Jesus in common...isn't that enough? :)

Reactions: Heart2Soul

Jared42

Aug 16, 2021
Oregon
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You caught me! Drat! Foiled again!
Yeshua Hamashiach, Ruler to the nations.
Yeshua Hamashiach, Warrior to the nations.
Yeshua Hamashiach, Rider through the nations.
Yeshua Hamashiach, Savior of the nations! - by Truman Coates.
For God so loved the world that He gave His one and only Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish, but receive everlasting life! - Look, you don't have to believe that the things I am saying are true. We have Jesus in common...isn't that enough? :)
Lord Jesus is the incredible very Son of the Father by whom we even exist. He is unto us all imaginable facets of life and Godliness. I beg for His mercy ever thinking He was just an option or an accessory.

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Lord Jesus is the incredible very Son of the Father by whom we even exist. He is unto us all imaginable facets of life and Godliness. I beg for His mercy ever thinking He was just an option or an accessory.
He reigns in glory! He rules in majesty! Light and darkness flee from His face! And yet He allowed cruel iron spikes to be hammered through His hands and feet for you and I, and then they hung Him on them. He was beaten and scourged beyond recognition, insulted and crucified naked.
He's the Lord God Almighty! His response? "Father, forgive them!" I don't know why He didn't just destroy all of us and start over again. I guess because when your own child messes up, you don't want to replace him. You love him or her, and will do anything to save them. :)

Reactions: Heart2Soul

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, these people are around.

When the Apostles and Prophets of Scripture underwent a valid vision, dream, or some sort of first hand experience of God's immediate presence, they made a faithful and accurate witness of what they saw, heard, and felt. And, their experienced served purposes intended by God.

Today, people who claim to have had such an experience of the Glory of God are one of two levels of authenticity:

1.) They are false. That is, they are deluded by a lying spirit, they are willfully fabricating a story, or they are exaggerating something strange they experienced in their mind. They try to call their imagination their "spee-ritt!"

2.) Or, they are brainwashed into expecting some sort of duplicate experience of an account in Scripture. This is what happens when a "Pentecostal" claims to have experienced "glory from God," but in fact they are unable to duplicate any part of Acts ch. 2. They just imagine they can in "faith." Often it is hidden in churchy sounding jargon.

Both of these kinds of claims 1.) and 2.) can be dismissed because the information contained in the accounts serve no material purpose in God's Kingdom. The whole thing is soon forgotten, because it is just a lot of emotional words.
When the Catholics compiled the Apostles' writings they officially ended the gifts of the Spirit?

Is "Holy Roman Empire" a term that God introduced?

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So then you apparently live by knowledge rather than by faith. Why is your knowledge better than the knowledge of people who you say are false and engaged in nonsense? How do you know what you know?

"O LORD, I know that the way of man is not in himself: it is not in man that walketh to direct his steps." Jerem 10:23

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The abuse and misuse of these things is nonsense, not the truths about these things themselves, whatever that actually may be in scripture.

Reactions: dev553344

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When the Catholics compiled the Apostles' writings they officially ended the gifts of the Spirit?

Is "Holy Roman Empire" a term that God introduced?
My understanding is the Catholics exercised the gifts of the Spirit in healings, etc. and it is the Reformers that created the doctrine of Cessation of the gifts.

Reactions: dev553344

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen." Heb 11:1
Faith is all about JESUS CHRIST . Whom having NOT SEEN the lambs love . As they hold unto the promises of our glorious Lord
watching and waiting for the return of their glorious LORD . FAITH IN JESUS . Now let all that has breath , Raise those hands and praise
the Lord

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My understanding is the Catholics exercised the gifts of the Spirit in healings, etc. and it is the Reformers that created the doctrine of Cessation of the gifts.
No, the reformers simply continued to teach cessation.

The Catholics did not, nor do they presently teach their congregants to obey Acts 2:38, nor practice 1 Cor 12.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

The Catholics did not, nor do they presently teach their congregants to obey Acts 2:38, nor practice 1 Cor 12.
Houston , tenemos un problema . Houston we have a problem ......
The churches are tanking fast . CLING TO JESUS AND OPEN AND READ THOSE BIBLES . Let us learn that JESUS well
and all sound biblical doctrine well . IF the early church did it , WE DO IT . IF JESUS said to do we do and if HE said not to do we do not DO .
If the apostles warned we warn . KEEP the original one true pattern faithful to the end . For many deceivers do abound and have led
many astray unto delusion and destruction and perdition at that end .

Marvelloustime

Sep 15, 2020
Heaven bound
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Houston , tenemos un problema . Houston we have a problem ......
The churches are tanking fast . CLING TO JESUS AND OPEN AND READ THOSE BIBLES . Let us learn that JESUS well
and all sound biblical doctrine well . IF the early church did it , WE DO IT . IF JESUS said to do we do and if HE said not to do we do not DO .
If the apostles warned we warn . KEEP the original one true pattern faithful to the end . For many deceivers do abound and have led
many astray unto delusion and destruction and perdition at that end .
We will preach the biblical Lord Jesus until our final breath.

Reactions: amigo de christo

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Ken Burns tells how the Catholics would pray for the native American Indians and they would be healed. I don't recall the Catholics ever being against the miraculous. Perhaps to a fault.